TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Subaru Impreza WRX STI Carbon Announced for Tokyo Debut

Fuji Heavy Industry tech talk - STi, WRX, Forester etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

carfreak
3NE 2NR for life

Subaru Impreza WRX STI Carbon Announced for Tokyo Debut

Postby carfreak » October 4th, 2009, 9:01 am

Subaru's Impreza STI is a legend in its own time. Generally a number of versions like the Spec C and the A-Line get put out during its life cycle and the Impreza WRX CARBON will be one of these. It is based on the A-Line model which features a 5-speed automatic gearbox - yes, you read correctly. In keeping with the softening of the STI's traditionally hardcore image the automatic transmission was introduced so more customers could appreciate the car's performance.

The main difference with the CARBON model is that a carbon fibre roof has been fitted in order to achieve weight reduction, lower the centre of gravity and consequently offer better performance. Additionally suede fabric has been used in the interior to give that extra lushness and comfort.

Two engines are currently found in the STI hatch, depending on the market. The most common one is the 2.0-litre turbo that makes 227kW (308hp) and 422Nm of torque. A number of other places get a 2.5-litre turbo making around 221kW (300hp) and maximum torque of 407Nm.

The Impreza WRX CARBON will be unveiled publicly at the 2009 Tokyo Motor Show which starts 21 October for media and 24 October for the public.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 4th, 2009, 10:44 pm

Auto FTL! :?

De Hero
Street 2NR

Postby De Hero » October 7th, 2009, 6:38 am

Just wondered why the 2.0 litre makes more power and torque than the 2.5 liter

more compression ?
More aggressive camshafts
Bigger Turbo?
Less anti-emmission devices?

Just wondered

bushwakka
punchin NOS

Postby bushwakka » October 29th, 2009, 10:45 pm

dis auto tranny is a backwards step for subaru i think....we gonna hav little rich girls driving sti's now....beatin up on TS men :cry:

Alpha_2nr
punchin NOS

Postby Alpha_2nr » October 30th, 2009, 1:48 am

^^The Auto version of the STi has been out since the concept, and inception of the new model.

It's the way many car manf'r's tend to be moving now (most perf. car lineups have a clutchless manual/SMG/"sporty-shifting" automatic.

<shrug>

De Bench
Riding on 17's

Postby De Bench » October 30th, 2009, 6:20 am

bushwakka wrote:dis auto tranny is a backwards step for subaru i think....we gonna hav little rich girls driving sti's now....beatin up on TS men when they not even tryin to race the TS :cry:

Fixed

bushwakka
punchin NOS

Postby bushwakka » November 1st, 2009, 9:58 pm

Knight1 wrote:^^The Auto version of the STi has been out since the concept, and inception of the new model.

It's the way many car manf'r's tend to be moving now (most perf. car lineups have a clutchless manual/SMG/"sporty-shifting" automatic.

<shrug>

this is a conventional automatic gearbox we talkin abt fitted to the A-line sti.....it isn't the same as the twin-clutch SST from the evo....therefore, minus the auto rev-matching feature.....its nothing better than a tiptronic tranny

and hence why i say its a step backward

Alpha_2nr
punchin NOS

Postby Alpha_2nr » November 2nd, 2009, 7:40 pm

^^I'm well aware of that. But the conventional auto fits in with the image that Subaru is trying to portray with this car (I'd hardly believe that a twin clutch SST is just as idiot proof as a reg. auto....it must require a little more finesse to drive...based on reviews of course).

But yes.....everyone is using multi-clutch-disk SMG's....why not Subaru?

marcus8860
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby marcus8860 » November 2nd, 2009, 8:30 pm

=] =] =] =]

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cMUSprZ_Zqw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cMUSprZ_Zqw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

honda hoe
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby honda hoe » November 3rd, 2009, 9:04 am

another watered down performance sports car :roll:

bushwakka
punchin NOS

Postby bushwakka » November 4th, 2009, 7:42 pm

^agree wit u on dat one

Advertisement

Return to “SUBARU”