TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

04 gallant please help me!!strange hissing sound.

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

valveman29
Riding on 13's

04 gallant please help me!!strange hissing sound.

Postby valveman29 » August 8th, 2016, 1:39 am

I recently had ran into a little water with my car,never stalled or anything!when I get back onto highway as I accelerate and getting into higher rpms the engine starts to make a hissing/shuttering sound until it shifts gears then stops.it's not a belt.I'm a.m. getting code;p0155; p0421; p0401 & p0155 it had started to run kind of sluggish but I changed the catalytic converter it stopped the hesitation.but that hissing noise is killing me..it almost sounds like I have a dump/waste gate on exhaust when it happens.would a bad egr valve cause this??I really need help.I can't tell I its coming from intake or what?

xtech
punchin NOS

Re: 04 gallant please help me!!strange hissing sound.

Postby xtech » August 8th, 2016, 7:41 am

I drove in deep water that ended up reaching my door handles on a slightly lowered Galant only side effect was the engine coolant cooled down to nothing on the temp gauge an the AC Compressor bearings started make noise a few days later. Most of the codes u listed there are for components that need to stay hot to work so the ECU recorded the cool down.

In your case my guesses:
-vacuum leak you probably cracked a gasket somewhere.
-cracked extractor manifold
-one of the GDI injectors not seated well in its port.
-water in filter box....u sucked water into one of your airbox compartments remove airflow hose and start again
-a pulley bearings is on the way out....start car without belts
-water in your tranny check the condition of the fluids
-possibly cracked engine block (hot iron + cold water = not good)

If you didn't see anything spraying out of the side of the block, your temp gauge reads normal, and your coolant level is constant I would rule out the last one. My first thought would be a vacuum leak. Then the tranny cause if the water goes through the valve body of the tranny it could cause said hiss.

MISHI
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Re: 04 gallant please help me!!strange hissing sound.

Postby MISHI » August 14th, 2016, 1:43 am

Check your exhaust manifold gasket or the the one connecting the manifold to the downpipe.

Also could make sure the pre air filter hose that goes into the side of the air box isn't loose.

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”