TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

The OFFICIAL Sharkmouth Galant Thread

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

STREETFREAK
3NE 2NR for life

Re: The OFFICIAL Sharkmouth Galant Thread

Postby STREETFREAK » June 25th, 2014, 8:01 pm

does anyone know if the normal vr4 conversion works for the legnum as well?

Menace3.0
Ricer

Postby Menace3.0 » June 26th, 2014, 1:40 pm

What do you mean? VR4 sedan front cut; rear suspension into Legnum? Cause the difference would be in the rear suspension i.e. if its from the sedan that you are using as a donor. It have legnums running the conversion. Check the Aussie forums.

However it wouldn't be a problem, just have to take everything from the front cut and transfer into the legnum. Better yet, if you can get a FTO mivec tranny and make it FWD it would be a lot easier.

Let us know how things workout.

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » June 26th, 2014, 5:42 pm

Guys I recently acquired a 1997 EA1A VRG with rear disc brakes. Upon closer inspection and from reading the manual I've realised that the rear discs actually have brake shoes behind which are used for the parking brake. I would like to remove the discs to check the condition of the brake shoes but there are 2 holes on the 'hat' of the disc that the manual says bolts must be screwed into for it to come off. However it doesn't specify the size or threading of bolt needed. Has anyone ever removed their rear discs and knows what size of bolt must be used?

Also, has anyone ever had the need to replace those brake shoes behind the rear discs? If so, where did you get them to buy and at what price?

STREETFREAK
3NE 2NR for life

Postby STREETFREAK » June 27th, 2014, 10:57 am

Menace3.0 wrote:What do you mean? VR4 sedan front cut; rear suspension into Legnum? Cause the difference would be in the rear suspension i.e. if its from the sedan that you are using as a donor. It have legnums running the conversion. Check the Aussie forums.

However it wouldn't be a problem, just have to take everything from the front cut and transfer into the legnum. Better yet, if you can get a FTO mivec tranny and make it FWD it would be a lot easier.

Let us know how things workout.

Nah I was just looking for info I really want to buy a legnum but ah waiting on my crown to sell (the buyer going through the credit Union)
Last edited by STREETFREAK on June 28th, 2014, 12:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

de_dougla_smurf
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby de_dougla_smurf » June 27th, 2014, 9:38 pm

Saw a 61A3TT with subframe, front suspension and spindles for 10K.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » June 27th, 2014, 10:57 pm

Not bad. Considering I saw a front cut for 15k.

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » July 7th, 2014, 2:05 pm

Anybody ever installed stainless steel brake hoses on their Galant? Which kit did you use (brand and for what model)?
I'm trying to source a kit for my '97 VRG with rear discs. The US sites have different kits for the '94-'98 and '99-'03 models but both are intended for rear drum brakes. Does anyone know which would work on my car? Please help...

BAZZINGA
Sweet on this forum

Postby BAZZINGA » July 14th, 2014, 7:48 pm

Guys, my dad's VR4 is stuck in 3 gear. He was using the tiptronic shifter and while in 5th gear it suddenly dropped into 3rd & now it's not coming out of that gear. The (N) neutral light is blinking while the (D) drive is on. He is driving it in normal auto mode. Anyone ever encountered this? I would appreciate your assistance.

Mercenary
Riding on 18's

Postby Mercenary » July 15th, 2014, 11:53 am

BAZZINGA wrote:Guys, my dad's VR4 is stuck in 3 gear. He was using the tiptronic shifter and while in 5th gear it suddenly dropped into 3rd & now it's not coming out of that gear. The (N) neutral light is blinking while the (D) drive is on. He is driving it in normal auto mode. Anyone ever encountered this? I would appreciate your assistance.

Sounds like a solenoid problem or sensor . Get a scan.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » July 26th, 2014, 2:44 pm

yea fellas looking for a double core rad for the 4g93 gdi old radiator failing and was looking for a better one or upgrade from the stock one any suggestions and prices would be appreciated

de_dougla_smurf
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby de_dougla_smurf » July 27th, 2014, 6:47 pm

715-1178

Paul Radiator works.

Could build it for you.

Mike93
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Mike93 » July 28th, 2014, 4:07 pm

Hey guys, looking for some info here, my mom has a Super Saloon Sharkmouth(which I always thought was the same as the VRG), but as I'm reading through here, I'm seeing that it's actually two different models. Can Anyone tell me what's the difference between these 2 models?

buckredan
3NE 2NR for life

Postby buckredan » July 30th, 2014, 5:57 pm

guys need a llittle help want to put on chrome rims an tire on a vrg galant what size u recommend car is original height do not want it to low

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » July 30th, 2014, 6:34 pm

Mine had 17" on them when I bought it and rides good.

Gonna sell them as I got the original rims. Let me know if you're interested.

Menace3.0
Ricer

Postby Menace3.0 » August 4th, 2014, 9:47 am

Mike93 wrote:Hey guys, looking for some info here, my mom has a Super Saloon Sharkmouth(which I always thought was the same as the VRG), but as I'm reading through here, I'm seeing that it's actually two different models. Can Anyone tell me what's the difference between these 2 models?

Actually they're almost identical. I have the VRG. You guys can correct me if I'm off - differences as follow.

1) Front bumper - different between the VRG & Super Saloon
2) TCL or TCS control in Super Saloon
3) Rear disc brakes in Super Saloon as oppose to drums in the VRG
4) Leather interior in some Super Saloons (Some VRGs have)
5) Intakes in Super Saloon are different in comparison to the VRG (It has the 4G93 just that intake plenum is shaped differently)
6) Some Super Saloons have the rear sway bars

Mike93
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Mike93 » August 4th, 2014, 12:14 pm

Menace3.0 wrote:
Mike93 wrote:Hey guys, looking for some info here, my mom has a Super Saloon Sharkmouth(which I always thought was the same as the VRG), but as I'm reading through here, I'm seeing that it's actually two different models. Can Anyone tell me what's the difference between these 2 models?

Actually they're almost identical. I have the VRG. You guys can correct me if I'm off - differences as follow.

1) Front bumper - different between the VRG & Super Saloon
2) TCL or TCS control in Super Saloon
3) Rear disc brakes in Super Saloon as oppose to drums in the VRG
4) Leather interior in some Super Saloons (Some VRGs have)
5) Intakes in Super Saloon are different in comparison to the VRG (It has the 4G93 just that intake plenum is shaped differently)
6) Some Super Saloons have the rear sway bars

Thanks a lot, also someone was telling me the Super Saloon is Non-GDI while the VRG is GDI, as well as I noticed that my mom's Super Saloon also has a sunroof, however I can't remember seeing any other Galants with the sunroof.....could this be because when the car was ordered the company requested a sunroof? or that I just noticed it on any other galants?

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » August 4th, 2014, 12:22 pm

I saw a local Galant with a sunroof recently so I'm sure there are other models with it as well.
BTW the VRG has rear disc brakes too Menace3.0.

Mike93
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Mike93 » August 4th, 2014, 1:07 pm

NR8 wrote:I saw a local Galant with a sunroof recently so I'm sure there are other models with it as well.
BTW the VRG has rear disc brakes too Menace3.0.

Thanks for the info

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » August 4th, 2014, 7:28 pm

Yea fellas need some urgent help can anyone tell me which part the MFI relay is in the galant vrg 4g93 gdi engine orrrrr if any one know the part number that would be of much help

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » August 5th, 2014, 12:01 pm

Guys I'm looking for a left curved lower control arm for my Galant, preferably 555 brand (Sankei Three Five). I got the right side arm but that was the last they had and not sure when they'll get more. Checked a few other places in Marabella and Sando but none have in stock. Some of them have Korean and Taiwanese substitutes but I'm hesitant as I don't know what kinda quality i"d be getting. So does anyone know where to check or where I might find that 555 cradle? Any help would be appreciated.

Also, does anyone know who the distributorfor Sankei 555 autoparts is? Thinking to call them to see if they could direct me to a shop that would have it.

Menace3.0
Ricer

Postby Menace3.0 » August 5th, 2014, 12:47 pm

NR8

You won't get any Sankei Three 5 from most shops here......best you order a pair off rockauto or ebay....think the arms are Moog. Price for the pair is about the same you'll pay for one control arm down here. Quality is about the same.

Yeah, I know you prefer the original but that's what you have to work with.

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » August 5th, 2014, 1:13 pm

Thanks for the response bro. I already got the right side curved Three 5 arm so is just the left side I need now. Is just that most stores out of stock and waiting on the supplier. Same story with Faiz, Automotive Supplies, Double R, etc.

There are 2 curved Moog arms; with and w/o grease fittings for ball joint and the cheaper one w/o fitting is about the same price as the 555 down here, if not more when shipping charges are considered (that thing heavy).

If push come to shove I'll have to order it online as I don't want to be replacing cheap cradles anytime soon. Just crossing my fingers that I'll find somewhere with one in stock.

Double R Auto has the arm in a Japanese brand called Nakamoto. Anybody ever come across those?

diamonds are forever
Street 2NR

Postby diamonds are forever » August 5th, 2014, 1:17 pm

Roach's auto supplies in tunapuna has them, I bought a pair about a month ago, same 555 brand.

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » August 5th, 2014, 1:21 pm

Thanks! Just called them but the man told me it's made in china, not Japan. Was the arm you got silver in colour?

diamonds are forever
Street 2NR

Postby diamonds are forever » August 5th, 2014, 1:51 pm

Well the ones I got at that time was made in Japan. Probably they out of stock for the Japan 555.

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » August 5th, 2014, 2:16 pm

Were the arms you got silver in colour or black? They have the Chinese 555 for $390. How much you paid for the Japanese?

diamonds are forever
Street 2NR

Postby diamonds are forever » August 5th, 2014, 2:26 pm

They were silver in colour, I think was more than 390 I paid for one, can't remember the price offhand.

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » August 6th, 2014, 11:25 pm

de_dougla_smurf wrote:New struts are available from Bobby's in the bamboo for $310 each.

Was this KYB by chance? Front or rear?

de_dougla_smurf
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby de_dougla_smurf » August 7th, 2014, 8:47 pm

NR8 wrote:
de_dougla_smurf wrote:New struts are available from Bobby's in the bamboo for $310 each.

Was this KYB by chance? Front or rear?

Tokico IIRC. An yes front and rear, same price.

squinty_eye
Ricer

Postby squinty_eye » August 9th, 2014, 1:02 pm

Hi Guys, I need to do an engine rebuild for my 4g93 engine, does anyone know where I can get this done and at what cost or is it easier to swap it out with a used engine from the bamboo.

Has anyone tried to mount the new lancer engines into a galant, the ones they currently sell in Trinidad ?

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”