TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

ALL 4G93T OWNERS - Post your most common problems !!!

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

figleaf
Ricer
Posts: 17
Joined: June 19th, 2016, 9:17 pm

Re: ALL 4G93T OWNERS - Post your most common problems !!!

Postby figleaf » August 27th, 2016, 2:39 pm

Greetings tuners,
a) There's a ticking sound when the engine is on.(idling or driving)
b) There's an IRRITATINGLY crappy response when I try to press out

so that's my problems for the hour.
Any feedback on possible problems or solutions will not be ignored. (or even a recommendation for an experienced mechanic to hook me up)

ckGSR
Riding on 13's
Posts: 12
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 9:47 pm

Re: ALL 4G93T OWNERS - Post your most common problems !!!

Postby ckGSR » August 30th, 2016, 3:34 pm

Fellas, I was coming down the highway and heard this weird grinding/humming noise, so I put the car in neutral to hear better, then I pull it into 4th gear to continue driving but there was no throttle response, and lost my power steering, but other electricals were working, saw the engine light came on so I kept pumping on the throttle and the power came back. Happened again when I pulled it into neutral and roll. Tried it a 3rd time a little later on and nothing happened. What could the problem be?

User avatar
kav747
Street 2NR
Posts: 78
Joined: April 29th, 2009, 5:28 pm

ALL 4G93T OWNERS - Post your most common problems !!!

Postby kav747 » August 31st, 2016, 7:57 pm

Dawg if u getting these problems, a new one everyday is best u rebuild. It will save u from fixing every min. And is best to pet the engine as its stock and over 100kms

ckGSR
Riding on 13's
Posts: 12
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 9:47 pm

Re: ALL 4G93T OWNERS - Post your most common problems !!!

Postby ckGSR » September 14th, 2016, 2:58 pm

Anybody know where I could get a air flow sensor for non gdi 4g93t?

User avatar
kav747
Street 2NR
Posts: 78
Joined: April 29th, 2009, 5:28 pm

Re: ALL 4G93T OWNERS - Post your most common problems !!!

Postby kav747 » September 16th, 2016, 4:06 pm

Ur looking for a 449 air flow sensor. Hard to get but u have my number and won't even send me a whatsapp or call dude. How do u expect to GT?

writeoff
Riding on 13's
Posts: 10
Joined: January 16th, 2010, 10:11 pm

Re: ALL 4G93T OWNERS - Post your most common problems !!!

Postby writeoff » September 25th, 2016, 1:04 pm

Anyone has a 4g93t coil pack to sell ???

User avatar
Kronik
18 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2356
Joined: July 23rd, 2004, 9:37 pm
Location: Central
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: ALL 4G93T OWNERS - Post your most common problems !!!

Postby Kronik » September 26th, 2016, 1:18 pm

writeoff wrote:Anyone has a 4g93t coil pack to sell ???

GDI or non GDI? Coilpack alone or stem too?

writeoff
Riding on 13's
Posts: 10
Joined: January 16th, 2010, 10:11 pm

Re: ALL 4G93T OWNERS - Post your most common problems !!!

Postby writeoff » September 26th, 2016, 1:55 pm

GDI ...stem and coil pack

User avatar
Kronik
18 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2356
Joined: July 23rd, 2004, 9:37 pm
Location: Central
Contact:

Re: ALL 4G93T OWNERS - Post your most common problems !!!

Postby Kronik » September 26th, 2016, 3:33 pm

I only have the coilpacks, the stems in mine blown

writeoff
Riding on 13's
Posts: 10
Joined: January 16th, 2010, 10:11 pm

Re: RE: Re: ALL 4G93T OWNERS - Post your most common problems !!!

Postby writeoff » September 27th, 2016, 9:56 am

Kronik wrote:I only have the coilpacks, the stems in mine blown

Will take it at your earliest convenience ......4872865..

platinumworm2
Riding on 13's
Posts: 12
Joined: September 14th, 2016, 2:53 pm

Re: ALL 4G93T OWNERS - Post your most common problems !!!

Postby platinumworm2 » February 6th, 2017, 8:37 pm

Any problems with your mitsubishi GDI fuel pump call this fella he will sort u out try it before spending all tha money buyin a new pump. 7468222

figleaf
Ricer
Posts: 17
Joined: June 19th, 2016, 9:17 pm

Re: ALL 4G93T OWNERS - Post your most common problems !!!

Postby figleaf » February 15th, 2017, 5:46 pm

good day tuners...
Problem: CS2A lancer shocks are currently dead (all 4...RIP).

I also did the 4G93T conversion and was wondering what would be the best alternative to just replacing with KYB shocks. As in coilovers etc, which brands etc or any other higher end Mitsubishi vehicle shocks that bolts up and are an upgrade compared to the KYBs.

User avatar
Kronik
18 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2356
Joined: July 23rd, 2004, 9:37 pm
Location: Central
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: ALL 4G93T OWNERS - Post your most common problems !!!

Postby Kronik » February 16th, 2017, 9:17 am

figleaf wrote:good day tuners...
Problem: CS2A lancer shocks are currently dead (all 4...RIP).

I also did the 4G93T conversion and was wondering what would be the best alternative to just replacing with KYB shocks. As in coilovers etc, which brands etc or any other higher end Mitsubishi vehicle shocks that bolts up and are an upgrade compared to the KYBs.

Get the 4wd wagon shocks for the front, it is much bigger, you will need the springs as well as they are bigger diameter and thicker. I have that in my car currently with the 93T GDI, very solid. The back is normal shocks, but I don't get any issues with the back being low, but I am on 18s

figleaf
Ricer
Posts: 17
Joined: June 19th, 2016, 9:17 pm

Re: ALL 4G93T OWNERS - Post your most common problems !!!

Postby figleaf » February 16th, 2017, 5:28 pm

much appreciated @ Kronik

figleaf
Ricer
Posts: 17
Joined: June 19th, 2016, 9:17 pm

Re: ALL 4G93T OWNERS - Post your most common problems !!!

Postby figleaf » July 18th, 2017, 1:45 pm

tuners...i need someone who could wire up the brake booster vacuum sensor for me asap please. Any people in the cunupia area preferable or chaguanas. or a wiring diagram for the cs5w...any one i cool with...

User avatar
Timmydiags
Street 2NR
Posts: 41
Joined: October 29th, 2009, 8:20 am
Location: San Fernando
Contact:

Re: ALL 4G93T OWNERS - Post your most common problems !!!

Postby Timmydiags » September 4th, 2017, 4:46 am

Call Timmy Auto Services
299 6855/726 1103

kal3
Riding on 13's
Posts: 14
Joined: May 20th, 2015, 9:36 am

Re: ALL 4G93T OWNERS - Post your most common problems !!!

Postby kal3 » September 13th, 2017, 1:12 pm

Good day tuners, any advice is much appreciated,
I have an awd ck gsr 4G93T, the engine needs to be rebuilt but i dont have the time or the money at this time.
So what cheaper alternative engine can bolt up to the tiptronic transmission that is already in the car?

thanks

User avatar
kav747
Street 2NR
Posts: 78
Joined: April 29th, 2009, 5:28 pm

Re: ALL 4G93T OWNERS - Post your most common problems !!!

Postby kav747 » September 13th, 2017, 3:23 pm

kal3 wrote:Good day tuners, any advice is much appreciated,
I have an awd ck gsr 4G93T, the engine needs to be rebuilt but i dont have the time or the money at this time.
So what cheaper alternative engine can bolt up to the tiptronic transmission that is already in the car?

thanks

Sell the car to me I would trade you my proper working mivec Ck lancer.

kal3
Riding on 13's
Posts: 14
Joined: May 20th, 2015, 9:36 am

Re: ALL 4G93T OWNERS - Post your most common problems !!!

Postby kal3 » September 15th, 2017, 11:49 am

Thanks, i will consider your offer.

User avatar
kav747
Street 2NR
Posts: 78
Joined: April 29th, 2009, 5:28 pm

Re: ALL 4G93T OWNERS - Post your most common problems !!!

Postby kav747 » September 22nd, 2017, 11:11 am

kal3 wrote:Thanks, i will consider your offer.

Link me we could talk negotiate!

Outa Banton
Ricer
Posts: 24
Joined: October 27th, 2012, 4:08 pm

Re: ALL 4G93T OWNERS - Post your most common problems !!!

Postby Outa Banton » November 3rd, 2017, 5:53 am

Guys. I have the entire manual Conversion for a 4g63 or 4g93 set up. Let me know if anyone's interested. I'll try to upload pics

Outa Banton
Ricer
Posts: 24
Joined: October 27th, 2012, 4:08 pm

Re: ALL 4G93T OWNERS - Post your most common problems !!!

Postby Outa Banton » November 3rd, 2017, 5:56 am

Outa Banton wrote:Guys. I have the entire manual Conversion for a 4g63 or 4g93 set up. Let me know if anyone's interested. I'll try to upload pics

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171103/9bfaf94c38941fd3527f12150e496255.jpg[/img]

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171103/5dbe712425bec09897030fb079f4d86a.jpg[/img]

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171103/6d8d4771a5560a4f490aa83551543373.jpg[/img]

User avatar
kav747
Street 2NR
Posts: 78
Joined: April 29th, 2009, 5:28 pm

Re: ALL 4G93T OWNERS - Post your most common problems !!!

Postby kav747 » November 21st, 2017, 7:31 am

Outa Banton wrote:
Outa Banton wrote:Guys. I have the entire manual Conversion for a 4g63 or 4g93 set up. Let me know if anyone's interested. I'll try to upload pics

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171103/9bfaf94c38941fd3527f12150e496255.jpg[/img]

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171103/5dbe712425bec09897030fb079f4d86a.jpg[/img]

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171103/6d8d4771a5560a4f490aa83551543373.jpg[/img]

Interested in this b. What’s ur number maybe we can talk on WhatsApp.

Pjcundliffe
Riding on 13's
Posts: 1
Joined: January 9th, 2018, 6:35 am

Re: ALL 4G93T OWNERS - Post your most common problems !!!

Postby Pjcundliffe » January 9th, 2018, 6:58 am

I have a cm5a 4g93t none runner over boosted any one interested car has evo 4 bonnet skirts boot with spoiler car been sat a while wanted to restore engine think it needs rods and pistons and new bearings may need crank regrinde i suppect v little damage if any to crank the engine had a big knock, got a pal round he decided to open throttle body by hand (Under bonnet) as the engine rod bolt let go i turned ignition straight off no oil leak block intact im sure some one would like this beauty lancer gsr ralliart twin scroll turbo, transmission fully rebuilt £650 never managed to do a mile , i was unaware this engine as standard did not like more boost due to weak bearing and conrod bolts. Do you or any you know have any parts that will be useful, im willing to sell or swap let me know if you interested please Peter Cundliffe 01942 735931 or kerrypeterc@gmail.com

User avatar
kav747
Street 2NR
Posts: 78
Joined: April 29th, 2009, 5:28 pm

Re: ALL 4G93T OWNERS - Post your most common problems !!!

Postby kav747 » January 10th, 2018, 12:16 pm

Pjcundliffe wrote:I have a cm5a 4g93t none runner over boosted any one interested car has evo 4 bonnet skirts boot with spoiler car been sat a while wanted to restore engine think it needs rods and pistons and new bearings may need crank regrinde i suppect v little damage if any to crank the engine had a big knock, got a pal round he decided to open throttle body by hand (Under bonnet) as the engine rod bolt let go i turned ignition straight off no oil leak block intact im sure some one would like this beauty lancer gsr ralliart twin scroll turbo, transmission fully rebuilt £650 never managed to do a mile , i was unaware this engine as standard did not like more boost due to weak bearing and conrod bolts. Do you or any you know have any parts that will be useful, im willing to sell or swap let me know if you interested please Peter Cundliffe 01942 735931 or kerrypeterc@gmail.com

Message me on WhatsApp 1 868 753 8300

matrixderoche
Riding on 13's
Posts: 10
Joined: March 8th, 2013, 8:17 am

Re: ALL 4G93T OWNERS - Post your most common problems !!!

Postby matrixderoche » January 10th, 2018, 9:00 pm

Hi, I have an 4g93 sohc that I've boosted and given 6lbs of boost. I've also installed a defi oil pressure gauge. What should be my idle pressure, low pressure warning and peak pressure warning levels be programmed at?

User avatar
kav747
Street 2NR
Posts: 78
Joined: April 29th, 2009, 5:28 pm

Re: ALL 4G93T OWNERS - Post your most common problems !!!

Postby kav747 » January 12th, 2018, 8:08 am

matrixderoche wrote:Hi, I have an 4g93 sohc that I've boosted and given 6lbs of boost. I've also installed a defi oil pressure gauge. What should be my idle pressure, low pressure warning and peak pressure warning levels be programmed at?

Idle psi should be between 15-25 psi and at cold start 40-50 psi. When in boost should be 10psi per 1000 rpm

matrixderoche
Riding on 13's
Posts: 10
Joined: March 8th, 2013, 8:17 am

Re: ALL 4G93T OWNERS - Post your most common problems !!!

Postby matrixderoche » January 12th, 2018, 8:13 am

kav747 wrote:
matrixderoche wrote:Hi, I have an 4g93 sohc that I've boosted and given 6lbs of boost. I've also installed a defi oil pressure gauge. What should be my idle pressure, low pressure warning and peak pressure warning levels be programmed at?

Idle psi should be between 15-25 psi and at cold start 40-50 psi. When in boost should be 10psi per 1000 rpm


Thanks a lot. Most appreciAted. That's what I'm presently getting

matrixderoche
Riding on 13's
Posts: 10
Joined: March 8th, 2013, 8:17 am

Re: ALL 4G93T OWNERS - Post your most common problems !!!

Postby matrixderoche » January 13th, 2018, 8:30 pm

kav747 wrote:
matrixderoche wrote:Hi, I have an 4g93 sohc that I've boosted and given 6lbs of boost. I've also installed a defi oil pressure gauge. What should be my idle pressure, low pressure warning and peak pressure warning levels be programmed at?

Idle psi should be between 15-25 psi and at cold start 40-50 psi. When in boost should be 10psi per 1000 rpm
I've just purchase a Defi water gauge, any advice on the settings should be for it on same upgraded engine?

writeoff
Riding on 13's
Posts: 10
Joined: January 16th, 2010, 10:11 pm

Re: ALL 4G93T OWNERS - Post your most common problems !!!

Postby writeoff » February 26th, 2018, 9:04 am

You willing to sell the box alone .........?

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests