TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

I am in need of help! Ae101 levin gt apex back disc conversion

It's all about 4AGE, NZE, 3SGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Lone wolf
Riding on 13's

I am in need of help! Ae101 levin gt apex back disc conversion

Postby Lone wolf » January 13th, 2022, 9:51 am

So i did a back disc conversion on my ae92 1989 Toyota corolla, the brake system is from a ae101 levin gt apex which i was told that i have to take the whole system out including the rear arms because i can use my existing arms.... But then when i installed the brake system on my car i realized a noise coming from the back under the car coming from around the arms area which lead me to believe that the mechanic didn't torque some of the bolts tightly, then i made him check it for me but it turns out that wasn't the case! He told me it was the rear am bushings causing that noise, at first it was hard to because of the nature of the sound but now realized that it can be the bushings.

Then i decided to go ahead and look for those said bushings but for the love of god i can't find them anywhere in my country and any sites online for that matter! The ae101 levin gt apex was never brought down by any of the local dealerships, it was locals importing them into the country so u find that there isn't any parts store stocking their parts... So here i am trying to get some technical advice from someone who have done this conversion before or knows where i can find the bushings fir the ae101 levin gt apex or can i use an alternative from a similar corolla? Also am from Saint lucia in the Caribbean if that can help me get my hands on those bushings because my car is not riding goid at all, also the camber is also off because of the camber ls arms for the Levin. I'd be grateful for the help! Thanks

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Re: I am in need of help! Ae101 levin gt apex back disc conversion

Postby kamakazi » January 14th, 2022, 6:01 am

Have you tried to use your original control arms with the disc brake hub

toyotajumbie
Trinituner Peong
Location: GOD without man is still GOD but man without GOD is nothing

Re: I am in need of help! Ae101 levin gt apex back disc conversion

Postby toyotajumbie » January 14th, 2022, 6:17 am

you can have replacement bushings manufactured locally, call me 678 9954

Advertisement