TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Difference between this Axio and Fielder?

It's all about 4AGE, NZE, 3SGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

jsrmtrading
Riding on 13's

Difference between this Axio and Fielder?

Postby jsrmtrading » December 27th, 2021, 8:24 am

Hi Tuners. Newbie question here.

I'm looking to buy an Axio or Fielder.

I'm looking at a specific Axio at the moment but its engine bay (attached) looks really different to all the other corollas I've been looking at and says VVT-IE as opposed to VVT-I.

My questions:
1) Does this mean it's a different engine? Is this the same corolla/fielder engine with a proven track record?
2) Would this car share most parts with VVT-I corollas/fielders/axios?
3) Is VVT-IE good/proven tech?

Any help would be appreciated. Happy holidays!

-Jon.
Attachments
Fielder VVT-I-min.PNG
Axio VVT-IE-min.PNG

ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: Difference between this Axio and Fielder?

Postby ramishrrr » December 28th, 2021, 6:05 pm

The engine with the black cover is the 1NZ-FE uses for over 15 years by Toyota......From the first Corollas known as "The NZE Corolla" up until the present Axios and Fielders, THAT CARRY A HYBRID SYSTEM.
Toyota stopped using the 1NZ-FE engine in GASOLINE ONLY Axios and Fielders since the last model of Axios and Fielders bearing the Chassis designation NRE. The current NRE Axios and Fielders carry the engine in your second photo with the silver cover. This is the 2NR engine. This is a 1.5L engine developed by Toyota some years ago and carries dual-cam VVTI unlike the 1NZ-FE which is single-cam VVTI. Not for performance, but fuel economy.
The 1300cc Axio carries the 1NR.
I cannot say if subsidiary Diahatsu had input in the development, but Diahatsu vehicles carry the 1NR & 2NR also.
You have no choice. That is what is offered, that is what you have to buy !
Toyota makes good engines !
Peace.
RR.

jsrmtrading
Riding on 13's

Re: Difference between this Axio and Fielder?

Postby jsrmtrading » December 29th, 2021, 11:42 am

ramishrrr wrote:The engine with the black cover is the 1NZ-FE uses for over 15 years by Toyota......From the first Corollas known as "The NZE Corolla" up until the present Axios and Fielders, THAT CARRY A HYBRID SYSTEM.
Toyota stopped using the 1NZ-FE engine in GASOLINE ONLY Axios and Fielders since the last model of Axios and Fielders bearing the Chassis designation NRE. The current NRE Axios and Fielders carry the engine in your second photo with the silver cover. This is the 2NR engine. This is a 1.5L engine developed by Toyota some years ago and carries dual-cam VVTI unlike the 1NZ-FE which is single-cam VVTI. Not for performance, but fuel economy.
The 1300cc Axio carries the 1NR.
I cannot say if subsidiary Diahatsu had input in the development, but Diahatsu vehicles carry the 1NR & 2NR also.
You have no choice. That is what is offered, that is what you have to buy !
Toyota makes good engines !
Peace.
RR.

Hi ramishrrr, thanks so much for clarifying! I really appreciate it.

Do you do consultations for used car inspections by chance? I'd be very interested in that when the time comes. Let me know.

Advertisement

Return to “TOYOTA”