TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Best Purchase With A Budget of 100k.

It's all about 4AGE, NZE, 3SGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Ethical
Riding on 13's

Best Purchase With A Budget of 100k.

Postby Ethical » October 11th, 2021, 7:55 pm

Hello to everyone. Newbie here.

Hoping to get some feedback on the best second hand purchase i can make with a budget of 100k mid nx year. I wont be changing vehicles for atleast 10 years so im interested in reliability and resale value. Ive been looking and possible options likely include:

1. Local Corolla 2014-15 models with about 60k odo.
2. RORO Axio 25k odo (albeit likely rolled bk)
4. RORO Fielder Wagon same as above(also cost a little more but doable)

Which is the better purchase? Other suggestions are welcomed.

Also. With regards to the Foreign used Axio and Fielder Wagon- my understanding is that they both have CVT transmissions and are available in hybrid and non-hybrid versions. How does this impact the purchase decision? The FIelder wagon WxB comes up alot on this forum- is this the preferred model to buy and is it a hybrid?

Thanks for taking the time to read and hoping for a positive response!

Best wishes,

ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: Best Purchase With A Budget of 100k.

Postby ramishrrr » October 12th, 2021, 6:08 am

Listen. You are asking about a used car purchase about a year from now. The way the world economy is going, Covid and all, no one can say:
1. What fuel prices will be like.
2. What used car prices will be like.
3. What $100K will be able to buy then.
4...........And if there will be an active Roll-on Roll-off used car industry still.

Corolla Axio & Corolla Fielder gasoline models from 2018 upwards (WXB models inclusive) carry CVT transmissions.
Corolla Axio & Corolla Fielder Hybrid models from 2018 upwards (WXB models inclusive) carry a transaxle with a different system of "transmission"......not CVT !
A WXB model is no different mechanically than non-WXB. It is all about cosmetics and a couple of added features.
Peace.
RR.

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: WTK Average Lifespan of Optima Battery

Postby david12 » October 12th, 2021, 7:50 am

So I know you're mainly looking at Toyotas but look around on the classifieds when you are ready you might find a real gem for your budget. 2015-2016 Sentra prices are hovering around 95k-105k

Ethical
Riding on 13's

Postby Ethical » October 12th, 2021, 6:56 pm

ramishrrr wrote:Listen. You are asking about a used car purchase about a year from now. The way the world economy is going, Covid and all, no one can say:
1. What fuel prices will be like.
2. What used car prices will be like.
3. What $100K will be able to buy then.
4...........And if there will be an active Roll-on Roll-off used car industry still.

Corolla Axio & Corolla Fielder gasoline models from 2018 upwards (WXB models inclusive) carry CVT transmissions.
Corolla Axio & Corolla Fielder Hybrid models from 2018 upwards (WXB models inclusive) carry a transaxle with a different system of "transmission"......not CVT !
A WXB model is no different mechanically than non-WXB. It is all about cosmetics and a couple of added features.
Peace.
RR.

Understood and thanks for the info.
Between the CVT transmission and transaxle system - which is more durable and easier for our local mechanics to repair?

Also, as things are right now- from the list i made which is better for reliability and resale value:-
2018+ Axio/Fielder Wagon Hybrid Or Gasline Models
Or local corolla 2014-2015

Are there better options? I dont know much about vehicles. It will be my first buy.

Thanks in advance!

Ethical
Riding on 13's

Re: WTK Average Lifespan of Optima Battery

Postby Ethical » October 12th, 2021, 6:57 pm

david12 wrote:So I know you're mainly looking at Toyotas but look around on the classifieds when you are ready you might find a real gem for your budget. 2015-2016 Sentra prices are hovering around 95k-105k

Thanks, look into it!

ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ramishrrr » October 16th, 2021, 11:48 am

The NZE141 models Axio & Fielder had a more-than-moderate incidence of CVT transmission failures.
The NZE 161 models Axio & Fielder have a better CVT transmission.
I haven't heard of CVT problems with the (NRE 160 1300), (NRE 161 1500), (NRE164 4WD) models.

I cannot comment on the transaxle of the Axio Hybrid & Fielder Hybrid models NKE165. All I can say is that Toyota has a vast experience of Transaxles in Hybrid vehicles for over 20 years when the first Prius model came out. The current Prius is on it's third or fourth improved transaxle.
Peace. RR.

Advertisement

Return to “TOYOTA”