TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Hybrid 165 Fielders and Axio specific

It's all about 4AGE, NZE, 3SGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Hybrid 165 Fielders and Axio specific

Postby venum » October 8th, 2018, 10:54 am

Good Day,

Creating this thread dedicated to Hybrid Fielders and Axios. The intention is to make it a one stop spot for all the hybrid Fielder and Axio information.

Basic Information:

[2013] Toyota has launched the Corolla Axio and Corolla Fielder hybrids in Japan.

On the styling front, the eco-friendly models are distinguished by a new grille, "Synergy Blue" emblems

There's also a 4.2-inch multi-information display and a "nanoe" ionizer that removes pollen by releasing "particle ions embedded in minute water droplets."

Both models are powered by a 1.5-liter Atkinson-cycle engine [1NZ FXE] that develops 74 HP (54 kW) and 111 Nm (81 lb-ft) of torque. It is backed up by an electric motor that has a maximum output of 61 HP (45 kW) and 169 Nm (124 lb-ft) of torque.
This enables the model to have a combined output of 100 HP (73 kW) and a fuel economy rating of 3.0 L/100km (77.6 mpg US / 93.2 mpg UK) in the JC08 test cycle.

The cars have also been equipped with a noise-reducing windshield and additional sound deadening material.

https://www.pakwheels.com/new-cars/toyo ... ifications

https://www.motor1.com/news/40449/toyot ... -in-japan/

2013-corolla-fielder-hybrid-jdm.jpg

2013-corolla-axio-hybrid.jpg

Chassis Code:
The hybrid Fielder is the NKE165, the Axio is the ???

Official 160 Corolla wiki page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Corolla_(E160)

The ones we get roro are different to the local ones, which were the wider body and different face E170 model

Engine model: 1NZ FXE 1.5L (1496cc) Specs: 74 PS (54 kW)@4800 rpm, 111 N⋅m (82 lb⋅ft)@3600-4400 rpm
Transmission: P510 eCVT

IMG_5924.JPG

The Fielder and Axio carry the same engine and Toyota Hybrid Synergy Drive system as the Toyota Aqua (Prius-C) so a lot of resources and information that is applicable to that car is applicable to the Fielder & Axio Hybrid
See here for the Aqua related thread:
http://www.trinituner.com/v4/forums/vie ... 2&t=704670

9eba1d1e-c6ce-4ef7-a20e-c2ad7b840bd8.jpg

Engines.JPG

PART NUMBERS

1NZFXE Engine Oil Filter: 90915-10003, 90915-YZZF2

Engine Oil: 0W20
Recommendations: Toyota or Amsoil
IMG_0560.JPG

P510 Transmission Fluid: Toyota ATF WS
IMG_0537.JPG

1NZFXE Spark Plugs:
Toyota OEM 90919-01272
Denso FK16R-AL8 normal
Denso VFK16 Iridium
NGK IFR5T11
https://www.ngkpartfinder.co.uk/car_com ... p?id=17085

Air Filter: 17801-21060

HV Battery Cooling Fan panel clip (Push rivet) 90467-08226

Related information:

CVT technology and eCVT technology differ greatly
http://www.winnipegsynthetics.ca/articl ... -ecvt.html

The eCVT found on the Toyota Prius and other hybrids differs from CVTs found in other vehicles, such as the 2013 Nissan Altima or 2012 Scion iQ, because it does not use a belt or chain connected to a pair of variable pulleys. Instead, an eCVT uses electric motor/ generators to control the speeds of planetary gearset components. This allows the eCVT to continuously change the gear ratio, keeping the engine’s rpm in the sweet spot. Just like when driving other CVT-equipped vehicles, drivers of vehicles with eCVTs don’t feel the step change common to traditional automatic transmissions, yet the mechanisms (planetary gears) to achieve acceleration are largely the same.

HOW TO PUT ENGINE IN MAINTENANCE MODE

To keep the engine running continuously without switching to EV, when doing engine work, e.g. coolant flush, oil leak inspection, checking for leaks etc requires that you put the car in Maintenance Mode

Models with key ignition

Turn ignition switch to ON (do not start the engine), instrument panel lights will light up, but should NOT say READY
Press the accelerator pedal all the way down and release x 2
Press and hold brake pedal for the rest of procedure
Change shifter P to N
Change shifter N to P
Turn ignition switch to START and observe the engine start and run continuously WITHOUT switching to EV

To disengage maintenance mode, just switch off the car - turn the key to the Off position

Models with PUSH START ignition

Press the Start\Stop button twice (don’t depress the brake and start the engine), instrument panel lights will light up, but should NOT say READY
Press and hold brake pedal for the rest of procedure
Change shifter P to N
Change shifter N to P
TRC OFF Warning light will stay on and the display will show TRC OFF
Turn ignition switch to START and observe the engine start and run continuously WITHOUT switching to EV

To disengage maintenance mode, just switch off the car - push the Start\StopP button

NEVER DRIVE THE CAR WHILE IN MAINTENANCE MODE ! ! !
NEVER ! ! ! NEVER ! ! !

Toyota has warned that driving the car while the engine is in maintenance mode\continuous run will cause permanent and irreversible inverter damage

JOIN the FIELDER & AXIO HYBRIDS TT CLUB

https://chat.whatsapp.com/HE9GXyKk5tFCCkDrHCx0F9
Last edited by venum on June 7th, 2021, 2:16 am, edited 12 times in total.

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Re: Hybrid Fielders and Axio specific

Postby venum » October 8th, 2018, 1:17 pm

Electric Voltage (EV) components of the car:

HV\drive battery is under the back seat

IMG_0106.JPG

IMG_0104.JPG

right next to the 12V accessory battery
IMG_0112.JPG

There is a cooling fan for the battery compartment that vents to the rear right side footwell. this is a maintenance item that needs to be cleaned periodically, every 6 months or so as it gets dirty

IMG_0098.JPG
Last edited by venum on October 8th, 2018, 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » October 8th, 2018, 1:28 pm

Underside of the car where the HV lines are installed

IMG_0756.JPG

IMG_0757.JPG

IMG_0759.JPG

IMG_0758.JPG

IMG_0764.JPG

IMG_0775.JPG

IMG_0769.JPG

BE EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS WHEN JACKING UP THE CAR TO NOT DAMAGE THESE HV CABLES

esp all those hustle shop mechanics and tyre men, the cables are sufficiently towards the center of the car, but still withing reach for damage if a floor jack is rolled too far under the vehicle.
Attachments
IMG_0774.JPG
Last edited by venum on October 10th, 2018, 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wingnut
3NE 2NR for life

Postby wingnut » October 8th, 2018, 2:34 pm

Good initiative, have a hybrid not a toyota tho, will still follow for information

What maintenance is recommended for the hybrid/battery aspect other than cleaning the cooling blower and associated ducting?

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » October 8th, 2018, 2:58 pm

Thanks for dropping by with the first reply.
I was planing to give out a prize for that, but you may not like it - Toyota keychain :P
AFAIK, the battery is not a service item unless it has an issue like a bad cell(s)
you can run diagnostics on it to see if there are any weak or defective cells.

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » October 8th, 2018, 4:10 pm

Did a tranny fluid change on my Fielder hybrid.
there is no dipstick in the engine to fill the new fluid, so you hadda change it like differential oil, drain and fill till it overflow from the fill hole

Drain hole. Outside (wheel) side of the tranny facing left side wheel\stone shield
IMG_0768.JPG

Fill hole. Engine side of tranny just under the left side inner cv joint
IMG_0767.JPG

drain out 3.5 qt when measured
IMG_0771.JPG

Fill using an oil pump
Filling_blurred.jpg

ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ramishrrr » October 8th, 2018, 4:29 pm

Great forum for the Fielder and Axio Hybrid.
Respect.
Both Fielder and Axio carry Chassis code NKE165.
Please bear in mind that the engine is essentially the 1NZ engine that Toyota using about 15 years now, albeit with modifications for Hybrid use.

Check this site for some useful info:
https://www.toyota-global.com/innovatio ... ybrid.html

I have a 2015 Fielder coming in the country tonight.
It is the facelifted model with different front and rear.
I would have liked to get the 2015 G WXB, but LAWD IT SO EXPENSIVE !

Peace.
RR.
Last edited by ramishrrr on November 5th, 2018, 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mostwantedDUDE
Riding on 13's

Postby mostwantedDUDE » October 9th, 2018, 6:46 am

Thumbs up for a great post! Where locally you got the spark plugs to purchase ? Also the tranny fluid why is Toyota WS used instead of the TC fluid?

Krystal Car Part Imports
Sweet on this forum

Postby Krystal Car Part Imports » October 9th, 2018, 9:14 am

Why does everyone like recommending Amzoil? Amsoil is very aggressive oil and I am not sure that it's compliant with low SAPS that is required for these environmentally friendly vehicles with restrictive catalytic converters.

I'm a MANNOL reseller, but I'd recommend Gulf Formula ULE instead. Or Mannol Energy JP 5w30.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » October 9th, 2018, 9:35 am

ramishrrr wrote:Great forum for the Fielder and Axio Hybrid.
Respect.

Thanks, good info, I'll update the first post
happy to have you on board, reading your comments on the Aqua group, you seem knowledge and i look forward to your support and contributions here for Fielder

ramishrrr wrote:I have a 2015 Fielder coming in the country tonight.
This is the facelifted model with different front and rear.

yesterday I checked out the loaded 2014 model, tbh the differences to the G basic model are subtle, same engine and PSD,
so far from what I have seen its just:
projector headlights
fog (some)
bucket seats
body kit (some)
audio controls on steering
auto lights
alloy rims (some)
no carbon fiber trim on doors, their doors kinda basic

mostwantedDUDE wrote:Where locally you got the spark plugs to purchase ? Also the tranny fluid why is Toyota WS used instead of the TC fluid?

working on that spark plugs

Toyota recommends their WS. they have different grades of fluids out there, but that is what they recommend, Why though i would presume that for the design, friction requirements, heat dissipation parameters of eCVT the WS has the specification required

IMG_0538.JPG

IMG_0536.JPG

Krystal Car Part Imports wrote:Why does everyone like recommending Amzoil? Amsoil is very aggressive oil and I am not sure that it's compliant with low SAPS that is required for these environmentally friendly vehicles with restrictive catalytic converters.

I'm a MANNOL reseller, but I'd recommend Gulf Formula ULE instead. Or Mannol Energy JP 5w30.

I recommend Amsoil because it is what I use and have good experience with it in multiple other vehicles, both gas and diesel. there are many good oils out there. When guys use other brands and report back on their experiences, I will update the main post. Toyota recommends 0W20 and advise that 5W30 be used only when 0W20 not available, but only for 1 oil change, then switch back to the 0W20. I believe that is applicable to cold climates. The oil body can be debated for our climate, temps etc, but for me, in this thread I'm sticking to what manufacturer advises
amsoil for prius.JPG

NP has launched a new 0W20 oil just for hybrids, (not even on their website yet) its got all the required certifications too. they even say that they will replace your engine if failure occurs due to the oil . . . but that is just marketing, until seen in writing and then to proove that it was the oil at fault is a whole different scene.

Krystal Car Part Imports
Sweet on this forum

Postby Krystal Car Part Imports » October 9th, 2018, 11:59 am

venum wrote:
ramishrrr wrote:Great forum for the Fielder and Axio Hybrid.
Respect.

Thanks, good info, I'll update the first post
happy to have you on board, reading your comments on the Aqua group, you seem knowledge and i look forward to your support and contributions here for Fielder

ramishrrr wrote:I have a 2015 Fielder coming in the country tonight.
This is the facelifted model with different front and rear.

yesterday I checked out the loaded 2014 model, tbh the differences to the G basic model are subtle, same engine and PSD,
so far from what I have seen its just:
projector headlights
fog (some)
bucket seats
body kit (some)
audio controls on steering
auto lights
alloy rims (some)
no carbon fiber trim on doors, their doors kinda basic

mostwantedDUDE wrote:Where locally you got the spark plugs to purchase ? Also the tranny fluid why is Toyota WS used instead of the TC fluid?

working on that spark plugs

Toyota recommends their WS. they have different grades of fluids out there, but that is what they recommend, Why though i would presume that for the design, friction requirements, heat dissipation parameters of eCVT the WS has the specification required

IMG_0538.JPG

IMG_0536.JPG

Krystal Car Part Imports wrote:Why does everyone like recommending Amzoil? Amsoil is very aggressive oil and I am not sure that it's compliant with low SAPS that is required for these environmentally friendly vehicles with restrictive catalytic converters.

I recommend Amsoil because it is what I use and have good experience with it in multiple other vehicles, both gas and diesel. there are many good oils out there. When guys use other brands and report back on their experiences, I will update the main post. Toyota recommends 0W20 and advise that 5W30 be used only when 0W20 not available, but only for 1 oil change, then switch back to the 0W20. I believe that is applicable to cold climates. The oil body can be debated for our climate, temps etc, but for me, in this thread I'm sticking to what manufacturer advises
amsoil for prius.JPG

NP has launched a new 0W20 oil just for hybrids, (not even on their website yet) its got all the required certifications too. they even say that they will replace your engine if failure occurs due to the oil . . . but that is just marketing, until seen in writing and then to proove that it was the oil at fault is a whole different scene.
Amsoil is very expensive oil and there are more cost effective alternatives. I'd always go for European made oils because they sell you exactly 1L over 946ml.
And I wouldn't be so quick to knock NP oils.NP ultra tech 5w40 is Mercedes Benz approved motor oil. You can check the Bevo website. The quality of their products has improved significantly. Usually failures proved to be caused by motor oil are covered by insurance.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » October 10th, 2018, 12:43 pm

I was in a presentation this week from NP on their oils and the approvals they have received.

personally, I am willing to try the NP 0W20 and report back

Here is the fan that needs to be cleaned periodically. it is the HV battery ventilation\cooling fan that pulls cool air from the cabin to the HV battery compartment

dfb98bb0-3bd5-46d0-b91c-c3c686ebdeca.jpg

when dirty
7884dbdc-d66d-470a-a3b6-9fa7a87e8615.jpg

Access from under the back seat, left side
IMG_1103.JPG

jl0908
Street 2NR

Postby jl0908 » October 13th, 2018, 1:17 pm

very informative post. good job tuners

jl0908
Street 2NR

Postby jl0908 » October 13th, 2018, 3:07 pm

how much liters in the gas tank or how much does it take to full?
I saw somewhere it cost approximately $100 to fill,is this true?

Kevin_45
Street 2NR

Postby Kevin_45 » October 13th, 2018, 3:30 pm

jl0908 wrote:how much liters in the gas tank or how much does it take to full?
I saw somewhere it cost approximately $100 to fill,is this true?
Before the budget it cost me $120 to full my fielder since than I didn't let it run empty to see how much it takes to full now But when I do I can let you know I was also going to try and full with premium and get an average for that

ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ramishrrr » October 13th, 2018, 4:00 pm

Got the car yesterday.
Pretty good condition.
Peace.
RR
Attachments
IMG_20181013_152422708.jpg
IMG_20181013_152235743.jpg
IMG_20181013_152113597.jpg
IMG_20181013_152021484.jpg
IMG_20181013_151933067.jpg
IMG_20181013_151821269.jpg
IMG_20181013_151618844.jpg
IMG_20181013_151554986.jpg

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » October 14th, 2018, 12:43 pm

Car looks great rr...how much it cost u landed?...i may be in the market 4 one next year....very decent thread ....

ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ramishrrr » October 14th, 2018, 4:29 pm

Yes, the mileage is low.
Did not have any interior cleaning to do.
Cost US$11,980 shipped to Trinidad.
Customs is TT$40.
Plus local costs.....broker fee, shipping agent fee, TTBS, Licensing, Fluids, filters, stereo etc.
I would have liked to buy the G WXB, but a 2015 model is north of US$13,000 !

Peace.
RR

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » October 14th, 2018, 10:55 pm

Car looks good man, CONGRATULATIONS and welcome to the club

loving these WXB models

look around in the engine bay for signs of the real true mileage, before auction yard rolled it back
sometimes you see the service stickers with the last service mileage.
mine was delivered with 25,000km on the dash, but the stickers in the engine bay had 58,329km, also did a report that found the car details during the de-registration process and it showed 59,xxx km

peace of mind for yourself so you know what maintenance to tackle first

as for the gas, used to take $120 to fill when the tank was on 1 bar, that was pre-budget Super gas
now, i'm running Premium to see how it lasts and the performance difference.
so far the performance is not noticeable, ran a half tank to burn out the lil bit of super it had. Updates to come on that soon enough

PM me your phone number and I'll add you to the Hybrid (165) whatsapp group

Kevin_45
Street 2NR

Postby Kevin_45 » October 14th, 2018, 11:03 pm

venum wrote:Car looks good man, CONGRATULATIONS and welcome to the club

loving these WXB models

look around in the engine bay for signs of the real true mileage, before auction yard rolled it back
mine was delivered with 25,000km on the dash, but the stickers in the engine bay had 58,329km, also did a report that found the car details during the de-registration process and it showed 59,xxx km

as for the gas, used to take $120 to fill when the tank was on 1 bar, that was pre-budget Super gas
so far the performance is not noticeable, ran a half tank to burn out the lil bit of super it had. Updates to come on that soon enough

I have a WXB, it also cost me $120 before the budget. Also considering to switch to premium how much did it cost to full on premium?

Kevin_45
Street 2NR

Postby Kevin_45 » October 14th, 2018, 11:07 pm

venum wrote:Car looks good man, CONGRATULATIONS and welcome to the club

loving these WXB models

Also I do agree with your statement that reffed to the mileage of these vehicles, since I bought my car on auction I've seen the average mileage of all the cars so whenever I see low mileages one's selling locally it's just real sketchy. Anyway mine is came in at 50,xxx and the I also had the de registration certificate which confirm that .

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » October 14th, 2018, 11:37 pm

premium was $140 to fill right up (on gauge, not overfill) from 2 bars

Kevin_45
Street 2NR

Postby Kevin_45 » October 14th, 2018, 11:59 pm

venum wrote:premium was $140 to fill right up (on gauge, not overfill) from 2 bars
That's actually not bad will go with premium on the next full up

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » October 15th, 2018, 11:31 am

OK guys and girls,
This weekend was oil change time, Amsoil 0W20 and the orig yota filter
then on to HV Battery cooling fan cleaning

Dirty fan
IMG_1305.JPG

IMG_1336.JPG

Clean fan
IMG_1358.JPG

Careful with the clips when removing and re-installing the finisher.
I had a casualty
IMG_1301.JPG

the correct way to remove is to push down the head then gently pry off

when reinstalling the process is to
1. push in the head
IMG_1365.JPG

2. pull out the head, but not all the way
IMG_1363.JPG

3. place in spot, take you time
IMG_1366.JPG

4. press in the head to lock in place
IMG_1367.JPG

now to go find a clip

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » October 15th, 2018, 12:06 pm

Kevin_45 wrote:Also I do agree with your statement that reffed to the mileage of these vehicles, since I bought my car on auction I've seen the average mileage of all the cars so whenever I see low mileages one's selling locally it's just real sketchy. Anyway mine is came in at 50,xxx and the I also had the de registration certificate which confirm that .

This is what mine showed on the service sticker
IMG_1401.JPG

Yet the dashboard shows 25,xxx km

knowing the real mileage is always very important

Kyle_9449
Riding on 13's

Postby Kyle_9449 » October 15th, 2018, 10:20 pm

How much km you usually get on a full tank of premium? I get around 550-600km (I don't think I've crossed 600km really...I'm unsure I need to check it better next time I full) before fulling when it's down to one bar. Would love to know the performance with premium and do you think you'll get a few extra km off premium?

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » October 16th, 2018, 2:50 am

i don't even own one of these cars.. but i enjoyed reading this thread . lol ..

ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ramishrrr » October 16th, 2018, 6:59 am

Venum,
Yesterday I took the Fielder to Licensing Office.

Adjusted rear brakes. Front pads OK.
Got the engine and transmission oil changed.
The filler cap on the engine had a sticker 0W30, so I replaced it with 0W30.
The transmission oil replacement was just as you said and did.
The mechanic (friend for decades) remarked that the fluids were in pretty good condition still.
New Filters.
Did not want to accept more than $100 !

Battery pack blower. Filter cleaned.

Because the mats are in pristine condition, I will cover them over.
I bought 3M Nomad for the front.
The rear got a Taiwan 3M Nomad knockoff.......one piece.
$200 for each for the front and $360 for the rear piece.
Have to get a mat for the trunk. Black hairy surface collects particles easily.

Have a Pioneer MVH-300EX to replace the fancy Pioneer Carrozzeria it came with.
Pity my daughter can't read Japanese !
The low beams are PIAA HID.
The high beam is normal yellow light (like that).

Hope to pay for registration today.

Peace.
RR.
Attachments
IMG_20181016_064010605.jpg
IMG_20181016_063800922.jpg
IMG_20181016_063700791.jpg
IMG_20181016_062925428.jpg
IMG_20181016_062131285.jpg
IMG_20181016_060342036.jpg
IMG_20181016_060158279.jpg

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » October 16th, 2018, 9:31 am

supernedd wrote:i don't even own one of these cars.. but i enjoyed reading this thread . lol ..

Sentiments much appreciated

Nice update bro,

I would personally suggest that anyone with these cars stick to fabric mats for the rear, because the fabric mats will trap and hold more dust than the rubber\vinyl ones. that should prevent the hv battery cooling fan from getting dirty quickly. its a personal choice really. i dont like fabric mats, but will use them in this car.

0W oil is important, i know of a prius with a failed oil pump because wrong oil was used. the variance between the 0W20 and the 0W30 is negligible

GT with those PIAA hid, wish they were available locally, I used to buy PIAA off amazon several years ago, but I find they too expensive for that now.
my G model has regular H4 bulbs but the headlight reflector does a great job of spreading that light, so I'm not gonna upgrade them. I just did LED inside

IMG_0837.JPG

IMG_0494.JPG

IMG_0492.JPG

IMG_0417.JPG

Kyle_9449 wrote:How much km you usually get on a full tank of premium? I get around 550-600km (I don't think I've crossed 600km really...I'm unsure I need to check it better next time I full) before fulling when it's down to one bar. Would love to know the performance with premium and do you think you'll get a few extra km off premium?

as for the mileage on premium, I cant say just yet, I have not used 2 bars yet. when i run this tank down to 1 bar i will post the results. I would expect that the mileage should improve with the premium . . .waits to see.
I do not find that the performance changed much, but i have it in Eco Mode all the time

tryna keep everything constant so far

we need to organize a lil meet

Kevin_45
Street 2NR

Postby Kevin_45 » October 16th, 2018, 9:33 am

A meet would be great I'd come for sure

Advertisement

Return to “TOYOTA”