TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

WTK: Sound when slowly moving forward or reversing while turning

It's all about 4AGE, NZE, 3SGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

summitboyz
3NE 2NR Power Seller

WTK: Sound when slowly moving forward or reversing while turning

Postby summitboyz » July 4th, 2018, 9:25 pm

Can someone who is knowledgeable help me with this. I have a 2014 Toyota Hilux, recently when I'm reversing slowly with the steering wheel turned I'd hear one loudish clunk noise and then the van continues driving smoothly. Today I heard it while slowly driving forward again with the steering wheel turned.

What do you think?

cueball1990
Trinituner Peong

Re: WTK: Sound when slowly moving forward or reversing while turning

Postby cueball1990 » July 5th, 2018, 10:25 am

do you hear the noise when the steering is at full lock? try lubing the steering stops. if not it could be tie rod ends. might wanna get your suspension parts checked

summitboyz
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby summitboyz » July 6th, 2018, 2:33 pm

BUMP!

cueball1990 wrote:do you hear the noise when the steering is at full lock? try lubing the steering stops. if not it could be tie rod ends. might wanna get your suspension parts checked

It actually happens with a partial lock. I can feel this noise on the brake pedal (my foot is on brake because i'm reversing at a very slow speed) and it seems to be happening at the driver's side.

Also I've found that the transition from Drive to Reverse or Reverse to Drive with my foot on the brake is louder now than before. The vehicle jerks forwards a little more aggressively than normal. Under the van this noise seems to be coming from the rear end of the drive shaft. NB this is a separate noise.

cueball1990
Trinituner Peong

Postby cueball1990 » July 10th, 2018, 1:02 pm

summitboyz wrote:BUMP!

cueball1990 wrote:do you hear the noise when the steering is at full lock? try lubing the steering stops. if not it could be tie rod ends. might wanna get your suspension parts checked

It actually happens with a partial lock. I can feel this noise on the brake pedal (my foot is on brake because i'm reversing at a very slow speed) and it seems to be happening at the driver's side.

Also I've found that the transition from Drive to Reverse or Reverse to Drive with my foot on the brake is louder now than before. The vehicle jerks forwards a little more aggressively than normal. Under the van this noise seems to be coming from the rear end of the drive shaft. NB this is a separate noise.

Have you had your diff oil or transmission fluid changed recently? should check the tranny mounts as well. change up fluids and see if anything changes with the jerking

summitboyz
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby summitboyz » July 14th, 2018, 10:15 pm

Thanks for the response.

I had a full suspension check done at Mileage Mac. It turned out that Toyota technicians forgot to tighten the bolts on the lower control arms after the alignments.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » July 15th, 2018, 7:37 am

summitboyz wrote:Thanks for the response.

I had a full suspension check done at Mileage Mac. It turned out that Toyota technicians forgot to tighten the bolts on the lower control arms after the alignments.
Wheeeey boi
They coulda kill you

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 16th, 2018, 7:56 am

Toyota doesn't do alignments though, I think they send by somebody in aranguez who doesnt do a good job.

while back I had a big service done, and it included alignment which messed up the good alignment it had before.
Had to carry it elsewhere, Toyota gave me a credit.

Having said that, Mileage Mack also messed up my alignment once.
I dont plan to go there unless I get the older guy or the red fella with glasses and short plaits.

cueball1990
Trinituner Peong

Postby cueball1990 » July 16th, 2018, 9:25 am

summitboyz wrote:Thanks for the response.

toyota trying to kill you? :shock: well glad you got it sorted

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » July 16th, 2018, 12:11 pm

Shoulda buy ah frontier.

Advertisement

Return to “TOYOTA”