TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Toyota Aqua / Prius question

It's all about 4AGE, NZE, 3SGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

frydry
Riding on 13's
Posts: 11
Joined: October 2nd, 2011, 2:01 pm

Re: Toyota Aqua / Prius question

Postby frydry » February 24th, 2018, 9:18 pm

agent007 wrote:Toyota doesn't include transmission fluid in their service schedule because it's considered lifetime however lifetime is for the warranty period of the car, meaning, there is no need to touch it between 0 and 100,000kms. It is not a conventional CVT transmission so it doesn't break down the viscosity as quickly due to less heat etc. I took front and purchased 4qts of ATF-WS though and changed it. The fluid that was drained out was dark. Did I feel any noticeable difference after the change? Nope.

On another note, the coolant appears to be shared between, engine and inverter. According to the sticker I captured and posted, you don't need to change that after 240,000kms or 150,000miles. Lastly the spark plugs are good for 100,000kms since it's a Denso Iridium tip plug. The engine air filter and cabin air filter you can change at your convenience based on how it looks. If dark and dirty then change it and do it yourself. It's simple. The other item that doesn't need to be touched until the front pads burn out is the brake fluid. Pads and shoes last long since friction is also absorbed by the regen braking system. Oil and filter can change based on how you perceive the service should be which is typically every 5,000kms or 3months. With amsoil full synthetic 0W-20, oil change intervals can last up to 25,000kms or 1 year and thanks to the strength of the drivetrain's EV capability, you can actually go full term since the ICE is not running 25% of the time at minimum. Lastly, there are no belts to change. Such an economical car to own and maintain. I wish I had access to this technology since I was 17. The money I would save alone on city commutes would be significant for more worthwhile investments.


Thanks for the info. According to the Prius C manual:
Capture.JPG


so the interval differs for engine and inverter coolant

User avatar
agent007
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2122
Joined: November 19th, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: Toyota Aqua / Prius question

Postby agent007 » February 25th, 2018, 8:50 am

Frydry it appears so. I think the entire cooling system is connected in the Aqua and both fluids is the same "Toyota super long life coolant" which is 2 gallons in total. Open to correction myself.

frydry
Riding on 13's
Posts: 11
Joined: October 2nd, 2011, 2:01 pm

Re: Toyota Aqua / Prius question

Postby frydry » February 25th, 2018, 11:07 am

agent007 wrote:Frydry it appears so. I think the entire cooling system is connected in the Aqua and both fluids is the same "Toyota super long life coolant" which is 2 gallons in total. Open to correction myself.

I saw 2 separate cooling systems. I don't think they are connected

User avatar
car
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 722
Joined: October 13th, 2011, 1:26 pm
Location: Freeport

Re: Toyota Aqua / Prius question

Postby car » March 5th, 2018, 6:49 pm

Anybody have the factory workshop manual for anny of these cars?

User avatar
DJ Q
punchin NOS
Posts: 3371
Joined: February 21st, 2007, 9:09 am
Location: Awesome

Re: Toyota Aqua / Prius question

Postby DJ Q » March 8th, 2018, 12:55 pm

$155
931.6KM

User avatar
agent007
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2122
Joined: November 19th, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: Toyota Aqua / Prius question

Postby agent007 » March 8th, 2018, 10:30 pm

Nice bro. Is that with or without AC? With ECO mode on or off? New plugs and air filter? Stock wheels? Main road or open highway? That is impressive! We are getting between 700-800kms per tank without ECO mode on but with AC running all the time rolling on 15" rims. I haven't changed my plugs yet though.

User avatar
DJ Q
punchin NOS
Posts: 3371
Joined: February 21st, 2007, 9:09 am
Location: Awesome

Re: Toyota Aqua / Prius question

Postby DJ Q » March 9th, 2018, 11:54 am

AC 95% of the time.
I always drive in ECO mode. Car starts in that mode by default.
Haven't changed plugs/air filter since I got it.
Came with aftermarket 15" wheels.
Mix of main road and highway.
Tyre pressure is 40 PSI. Car coasts really well with a higher tyre pressure.

What's the cost to fill the tank in the Aqua?

User avatar
car
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 722
Joined: October 13th, 2011, 1:26 pm
Location: Freeport

Re: Toyota Aqua / Prius question

Postby car » March 9th, 2018, 2:45 pm

What is the story with the no spare tire in an aqua?

User avatar
*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8172
Joined: August 5th, 2005, 9:50 am
Location: UP IN DA HEEZY!

Re: Toyota Aqua / Prius question

Postby *KRONIK* » March 9th, 2018, 3:03 pm

I looking into an aqua currently

Anything to look for in particular?
I'm seeing prices from 55k to 80k
Why such large gap?

User avatar
agent007
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2122
Joined: November 19th, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: Toyota Aqua / Prius question

Postby agent007 » March 9th, 2018, 9:52 pm

DJ, We don't go too low. Around $120. Super to fill her up.

Car, the Aqua has 3 models. Basic L, mid spec S and fully loaded G. Basics have front power windows. The mid spec has all power windows. Some fully loaded ones come with fog lights, flair kit, front head lamp wsshers, push button start, 16" toyota alloy rims, controls on steering wheel and rear camera etc. Some Aqua's have the spare and some don't which in its place there is a tire patch kit. The spare tire well is still there and the small donut type spare tire will work. You just need to remove the black plastic cladding with the repair kit mounted on it.

Kronik, Aqua prices went up since after the adjustment in taxes. Dealers in Japan notes the surge in demand for same so they increased the prices. Currently we are getting a 2015 model for just under $9,000. USD with 34,000kms. Still a great buy if you import it yourself but outside of that, dealers with current stock ranging from 2013 to 2014 currently charging 68, 70, 80 and up to 85k. Import a compliant 2014 model on your own right now and it will cost you less than 60k. Waiting a 2 months to save up to 20k is worth it imo.

User avatar
*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8172
Joined: August 5th, 2005, 9:50 am
Location: UP IN DA HEEZY!

Re: Toyota Aqua / Prius question

Postby *KRONIK* » March 10th, 2018, 7:00 am

Lol cool.
Still didnt get to to "look" yet...but maybe next week.

User avatar
urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 1031
Joined: July 28th, 2013, 2:23 pm

Re: Toyota Aqua / Prius question

Postby urbandilema » March 12th, 2018, 12:04 am

*KRONIK* wrote:Lol cool.
Still didnt get to to "look" yet...but maybe next week.
Was actually getting one for 55k in south..

frydry
Riding on 13's
Posts: 11
Joined: October 2nd, 2011, 2:01 pm

Re: Toyota Aqua / Prius question

Postby frydry » March 14th, 2018, 2:42 pm

Anyone knows where has body parts and spare parts for the Aqua in Bamboo/East Trini?

User avatar
Kronik
18 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2356
Joined: July 23rd, 2004, 9:37 pm
Location: Central
Contact:

Re: Toyota Aqua / Prius question

Postby Kronik » March 14th, 2018, 3:26 pm

frydry wrote:Anyone knows where has body parts and spare parts for the Aqua in Bamboo/East Trini?

I see in south, so bamboo should have

User avatar
urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 1031
Joined: July 28th, 2013, 2:23 pm

Re: Toyota Aqua / Prius question

Postby urbandilema » March 15th, 2018, 10:58 pm

Kronik wrote:
frydry wrote:Anyone knows where has body parts and spare parts for the Aqua in Bamboo/East Trini?

I see in south, so bamboo should have
May be penal side...bicks probably..

User avatar
fozzy2010
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 111
Joined: January 14th, 2010, 1:47 pm

Re: Toyota Aqua / Prius question

Postby fozzy2010 » March 22nd, 2018, 12:14 pm

Also currently looking to purchase one for my wife. Has anyone ever used the websites available to check the history of the vehicles? I saw a local dealer advertising a 2015 model with 18,000kms on it.

I used one of the websites (had to pay a fee) and got back a report saying the car actually had over 100,000.00kms on it The report even provided pictures of the car ( which were the exact ones the dealer posted). That seems quite high for a car that is 2-3 years old.

First time buying a foreign used vehicle and I'm a bit paranoid.

N.b. Dealer advertised the chassis number which I used to do the search.

User avatar
Kronik
18 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2356
Joined: July 23rd, 2004, 9:37 pm
Location: Central
Contact:

Re: Toyota Aqua / Prius question

Postby Kronik » March 22nd, 2018, 10:02 pm

Yeah that 100k sounds normal, it have local cars that making that mileage in the same 2-3 years, but in Japan they have better road conditions than here where you play Dodge the pothole, so the vehicle wouldn't have the wear and tear you expect from a vehicle with that mileage

User avatar
*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8172
Joined: August 5th, 2005, 9:50 am
Location: UP IN DA HEEZY!

Re: Toyota Aqua / Prius question

Postby *KRONIK* » March 23rd, 2018, 2:03 pm

Only one set of 2014 models on tcfs...

henry_j
Riding on 13's
Posts: 3
Joined: March 26th, 2018, 6:22 am

Re: Toyota Aqua / Prius question

Postby henry_j » March 27th, 2018, 12:56 am

After reading this thread... I am also considering aqua... I think it's economical at the same time comfortable too...

User avatar
rmspower
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 221
Joined: July 24th, 2003, 12:40 am
Location: North Trinidad
Contact:

Re: Toyota Aqua / Prius question

Postby rmspower » March 27th, 2018, 6:35 am

agent007 wrote:Waiting a 2 months to save up to 20k is worth it imo.


I agree, and the time passes so fast you you don't really feel it.

Jonathan
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 320
Joined: July 18th, 2005, 11:05 am

Re: Toyota Aqua / Prius question

Postby Jonathan » March 27th, 2018, 7:13 pm

car wrote:Anybody have the factory workshop manual for anny of these cars?


I have the full service manual for the Prius. All 7000 pages of it. :lol:

User avatar
DJ Q
punchin NOS
Posts: 3371
Joined: February 21st, 2007, 9:09 am
Location: Awesome

Re: Toyota Aqua / Prius question

Postby DJ Q » March 29th, 2018, 3:57 pm

Jonathan wrote:
car wrote:Anybody have the factory workshop manual for anny of these cars?


I have the full service manual for the Prius. All 7000 pages of it. :lol:


Share?

Jonathan
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 320
Joined: July 18th, 2005, 11:05 am

Re: Toyota Aqua / Prius question

Postby Jonathan » March 29th, 2018, 6:06 pm

DJ Q wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
car wrote:Anybody have the factory workshop manual for anny of these cars?


I have the full service manual for the Prius. All 7000 pages of it. :lol:


Share?


Let me know if this link works.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2cNh ... DVPaVh5UnM

User avatar
agent007
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2122
Joined: November 19th, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: Toyota Aqua / Prius question

Postby agent007 » April 2nd, 2018, 2:01 pm

Guys, just be careful of the mis-information being spread on this car. The Aqua/Prius C does not use the 1NZ-FE spark plugs and they are not to be interchanged. Refer to a few pages back for the part numbers I posted. Any clarification anyone requires in terms of part numbers for the Aqua, feel free to pm me. I will try to help the best way I can.

User avatar
DJ Q
punchin NOS
Posts: 3371
Joined: February 21st, 2007, 9:09 am
Location: Awesome

Re: Toyota Aqua / Prius question

Postby DJ Q » April 3rd, 2018, 8:49 am

Jonathan wrote:
DJ Q wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
car wrote:Anybody have the factory workshop manual for anny of these cars?


I have the full service manual for the Prius. All 7000 pages of it. :lol:


Share?


Let me know if this link works.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2cNh ... DVPaVh5UnM


Thank you 1,000,000 times over!

This doc has the exact diagram that I was searching for in order to continue wiring my cruise control!

Greatly... GREATLY appreciated!!!

Jonathan
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 320
Joined: July 18th, 2005, 11:05 am

Re: Toyota Aqua / Prius question

Postby Jonathan » April 3rd, 2018, 10:45 am

Great! Let me know if you're successful.

User avatar
DJ Q
punchin NOS
Posts: 3371
Joined: February 21st, 2007, 9:09 am
Location: Awesome

Re: Toyota Aqua / Prius question

Postby DJ Q » April 3rd, 2018, 3:27 pm

Alright so for anyone that has a head unit labelled NSZT-W62G, this link will give you the program you need!
It's a HUGE file and you will need at least an 8GB SD card formatted to FAT32 to allow this to work.

https://mega.nz/#!GIJh0YQZ!Eg0s3nJ5cWaFZexlV5qwqE6MUi97X_b0NPzQ6dW4Z9o


I'm not sure if this will work for other models, but you can feel free to try this out.
This does not include maps btw, so you still won't get access to the Navigation menu.
Also, if your deck is locked, you'll need to get the unlock code before you can access anything.

Hope this helps!

User avatar
Joshie23
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1279
Joined: January 6th, 2014, 10:40 pm
Location: Southland.

Re: Toyota Aqua / Prius question

Postby Joshie23 » May 10th, 2018, 9:13 am

Hey folks, who has the best prices locally, on the Aquas now? Also, my foot is heavy. From what I understand, to benefit from fuel economy of these vehicles, naturally the aggressive driving will have to stop, but is it that you really have to focus on maintaining a certain threshold or subtle driving style or is it something that kicks in automatically when cruising say on a main road or something?

User avatar
venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Posts: 5987
Joined: May 7th, 2004, 3:19 pm
Location: San Fernando

Re: Toyota Aqua / Prius question

Postby venum » May 15th, 2018, 11:26 am

been a lil while since I last posted in here
thanks to all of you who responded to my request to post your mpg
I took the plunge and ordered a Fielder Hybrid (NKE165) 2014
I was looking at the Aqua, Fielder and Prius for a lil while and was always coming out with the Fielder on top for different personal reasons. Coming from a Mitsubishi background both diesel and gas , I just don't like the Prius for all the electronics it has
I figure I rather step into this world slowly before jumping all in, pace myself, also I don't have a lot of time to run down car problems, which is why I stuck to Mitsu's so long
also with the tax exemptions being removed from the Prius, I am seeing less on the road, so I hope that it doesn't affect the widespread availability of parts and consumables. however since the Prius started declining in imports (Dec 2017) I have seen an increase in the Aqua and FH on the roads.
the Aqua was just too small for my family needs, although the price now was better suited to my budget. I got the basic model Fielder Hybrid at a pretty good price so I took the plunge. Waiting to have it delivered end of June 2018.
not seeing much information online here for FH, but more for Aqua and Prius, so I feel I will just contribute on here.
seeing in person from my research that the FH and the Aqua have engine and drivetrain similarities. which is a good thing.

concerning the importation via dealers, there are some downright nasty and unscrupulous dealers out there that are selling the Axio and FH the same price as the non hybrids. Imagine I went to a popular dealer in La Romaine, Bamboo Village who advertised the regular Fielder for $120K and the Fielder Hybrid for the same price. What happened to the tax exemptions? it went into his pockets. Seeing the FH for as low as $83K cash and $90K bank financing from other dealers and the Aqua for $65K

saw a guy advertising the Hybrid Battery Clinic or something so in Duncan Village San Fernando, I know him as an electrician and a good one.

looking forward to sharing and learning more from here
what oils and filters are you using in the 1NZFXE? What about tranny fluid?
Mitsu man here so bear with me

User avatar
Joshie23
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1279
Joined: January 6th, 2014, 10:40 pm
Location: Southland.

Re: Toyota Aqua / Prius question

Postby Joshie23 » May 15th, 2018, 12:34 pm

venum wrote:been a lil while since I last posted in here
thanks to all of you who responded to my request to post your mpg
I took the plunge and ordered a Fielder Hybrid (NKE165) 2014
I was looking at the Aqua, Fielder and Prius for a lil while and was always coming out with the Fielder on top for different personal reasons. Coming from a Mitsubishi background both diesel and gas , I just don't like the Prius for all the electronics it has
I figure I rather step into this world slowly before jumping all in, pace myself, also I don't have a lot of time to run down car problems, which is why I stuck to Mitsu's so long
also with the tax exemptions being removed from the Prius, I am seeing less on the road, so I hope that it doesn't affect the widespread availability of parts and consumables. however since the Prius started declining in imports (Dec 2017) I have seen an increase in the Aqua and FH on the roads.
the Aqua was just too small for my family needs, although the price now was better suited to my budget. I got the basic model Fielder Hybrid at a pretty good price so I took the plunge. Waiting to have it delivered end of June 2018.
not seeing much information online here for FH, but more for Aqua and Prius, so I feel I will just contribute on here.
seeing in person from my research that the FH and the Aqua have engine and drivetrain similarities. which is a good thing.

concerning the importation via dealers, there are some downright nasty and unscrupulous dealers out there that are selling the Axio and FH the same price as the non hybrids. Imagine I went to a popular dealer in La Romaine, Bamboo Village who advertised the regular Fielder for $120K and the Fielder Hybrid for the same price. What happened to the tax exemptions? it went into his pockets. Seeing the FH for as low as $83K cash and $90K bank financing from other dealers and the Aqua for $65K

saw a guy advertising the Hybrid Battery Clinic or something so in Duncan Village San Fernando, I know him as an electrician and a good one.

looking forward to sharing and learning more from here
what oils and filters are you using in the 1NZFXE? What about tranny fluid?
Mitsu man here so bear with me


Great to get some feedback after so long. I'm going to PM you, Venum.

Advertisement

Return to “TOYOTA”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests