TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

oil for toyota hi lux 2kd

It's all about 4AGE, NZE, 3SGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

notsoloud
Ricer

oil for toyota hi lux 2kd

Postby notsoloud » November 27th, 2013, 9:09 pm

went to Toyota today for a service and was told not to use synthetic oil
reason being the oil will need to be changed before its 10,000 km
because the the oil properties are broken down because of our quality of diesel
what i would like to know the oil they use if it does not breakdown and
does not need to be changed before its 5,000 km
or is it there RIP OFF

4a70
3NE 2NR for life

Re: oil for toyota hi lux 2kd

Postby 4a70 » November 27th, 2013, 9:55 pm

I own a hilux 5years now and i realised servicin by toyota is a rip off i go in buy my filters and bro if u want it done rite do it urself. As far as d oil goes do some googling make a decision and if u chose extended life oils like i did just change d filters at 5k intervals leaving same oil inside topping up for losses in oil filter change.... just my 2c

turbohead
18 pounds of Boost

Postby turbohead » December 3rd, 2013, 10:41 pm

even if wen i use syntec oils the life of the diesel engines is the oil and i wud rather change every 5000km due to the carbon build up.... i use schaffers in all my vehicles i service..

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » December 4th, 2013, 12:11 pm

I am of the view that the use of syntec oil in the diesel Hilux units provides no special advantage for the following reasons;
-Diesel engines very quickly contaminate oil as a result of 'soot dump' and this black solid suspended in the engine oil for an extended period reduces effectiveness of internal lube processes.As a result of this observation,I believe oil should be changed between 5000-6000 kms.
-The mobil delvac syntec. 5w-40 when tested in my vigo tended to 'cause' a louder engine noise as compared with the mobil delvac super 1300 non syntec i5w-40 or castrol turbo diesel 15w-40.
-The price of the mobil delvac 5w-40 syntec is about $380 per gal vs the non syntec 15w-40 which ranges from $200 -$240 depending on brand.The maths here is clear (remember you use 2 gals).
The fact is you are required to change your engine oil, be it syntec or non-syntec, long before the oil breaks down since your major problem is soot which is emulsified in your oil.
BTW,this thing about changing oil and not the oil filter is absolute nonesense when you consider the facts which include the cost of one of these vehicles or rebuilding the engine.
This position doesnt hold for BMW,AUDI and the like which use different tech. for their diesel engines.

seanviper
Street 2NR

Postby seanviper » April 6th, 2014, 1:31 pm

Thanks Very much for your input TOYOLINK
So why the EFF does Toyota NOT CHANGE THE FILTER every 5000?
That's just ONE of the reasons i stopped going by them.
The lady told me the filoter doesnt need to change every 5\
What the HELL!!!!!!!!!!!

turbohead
18 pounds of Boost

Postby turbohead » April 11th, 2014, 10:07 pm

the filter holds out no problems so long as it is genuine toyota filter... as strange as it may sound i no of a customer that didnt service from 20k km until 80k km and the same filter was on the car since and engine was sludged but had not a knock or filter collapsed

Big Z
30 pounds of Boost
Location: 734-7669 Amsoil, Chevron, Redline, Fuel Injector Cleaning

Postby Big Z » April 12th, 2014, 10:36 am

turbohead wrote:the filter holds out no problems so long as it is genuine toyota filter... as strange as it may sound i no of a customer that didnt service from 20k km until 80k km and the same filter was on the car since and engine was sludged but had not a knock or filter collapsed

Any filter with a bypass valve will do that.
The bypass valve ensures that the pressure differential does not exceed the preset value.
A high pressure differential can be caused by (among others):
1. A filter which is at its contaminant holding limit.
2. A filter which is seeing a very high flow rate from the oil pump.
3. A filter element that has collapsed.

Advertisement

Return to “TOYOTA”