TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

wtk about 4efte stock gearbox

It's all about 4AGE, NZE, 3SGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

tee25
Riding on 13's

wtk about 4efte stock gearbox

Postby tee25 » October 5th, 2013, 6:44 pm

how could i know if a starlet (ep82)gearbox is lsd or not jus by looking at it on the ground ??"???thanks in advance

lastminuteaudio
Sweet on this forum

Re: wtk about 4efte stock gearbox

Postby lastminuteaudio » October 14th, 2013, 10:41 pm

the ep82 stock lsd gearbox has an extension on the right side axel meaning it uses a shorter right axel than a non lsd box. if its aftermarket lsd installed in a normal box, look where the inner cups go into the box, u either see str8 thru to the other side or not at all. if u look and u see a shaft an see on both sides of the shaft its not lsd

zryfle
Sweet on this forum

Re: wtk about 4efte stock gearbox

Postby zryfle » October 15th, 2013, 6:09 pm

well there couple of gearbox that the starlet does comes with. To make it easy to decaffeinate which is lsd or not is by the numbering on the gearbox. There are the C52 from the ep82 which is not lsd and as Lastmuniteaudio said it will have to have an internal lsd or an attachment on the right to be lsd , mind you. The lsd doess be full 2 way or 1.5 , for daily driving i recommend the 1.5 lsd for 2 way is when u r full drag racing. There are another gearbox from the Ep91 Glanza which do come with lsd ,the code for that gearbox is C56 . All writing does be in pink on top of the bell housing or at the side.

I hope this is a help because pally i went tru a few gearbox well. And if u do get a 6 fwd 4age gearbox that lsd gearbox is d bomb.

Advertisement

Return to “TOYOTA”