TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

My review on Mintex brake pads for my toyota

It's all about 4AGE, NZE, 3SGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

rysee
Street 2NR

My review on Mintex brake pads for my toyota

Postby rysee » October 23rd, 2008, 10:52 pm

Well folks, I have been running mintex brake pads for the last 2 months on my 2005 nze corolla, and i must say that the quality is excellent "best bang for your buck" as they say.
they are a great replacement for OEM pads, very little dust if any, holding power exceptional especially at high speeds and very cost effective.

I believe that they are manufactured in England (will double check).
I purchased mine at Trinidad brakes and Clutch limited, they stock a wide variety for different vehicles.
I paid just about $475 for both the front and rear pads as compared to TTTL $1200 for just the front.

Anybody looking for brake pads at OEM quality and don't know what to buy i will recommend Mintex Pads
Last edited by rysee on October 26th, 2008, 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » October 23rd, 2008, 11:33 pm

I will endorse rysee's comments as well, although for me, the break-in was a bit dusty. But after that, smooth sailing.

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Hook » October 24th, 2008, 1:10 pm

these are Mintex pads u mean, right?

I was willing to try 'em earlier this year when I changed pads, but I needed shims and neither TTTL nor TB&C had 'em, so I bought a set of Wagners to get the shims and been using 'em since(can't waste d ting nuh), but next pad change it's booked for a set of Mintex

what can be said about brake fade and these pads tho? cuz most times to avoid traffic I take short sprints through back roads and by the time I get to a decent stretch, I hafta watch it cuz I hafta stand up on my brakes to stop...used to get this alot with that Schneider crap and even worse with Daishin...the Wagner was a definite improvement, but if these Mintex are as good as ppl say, I'd like to see it perform under those conditions

so besides gt4tified, what say the other Solodex guys? Mintex all the way or no?

seanf3000
18 pounds of Boost

Postby seanf3000 » October 25th, 2008, 1:27 pm

I found the mintex were ok......but mucho break dust.

Great pad imho.....with respect to initial stopping power, fade performance, lifespan and rotor wear is the Hawk HPS. Using that on my fielder now....and not looking back.

Hook is you're looking to avoid brake fade, try a set of hawk hps.

tte
Sweet on this forum

Postby tte » October 25th, 2008, 2:31 pm

Mintex are ok but they are dusty and the will wear your rotors as they have metallic chips in them. As for brake fade after 2 180-0 stops i got serious fade with mintex, with stock toyota pads the fade wasnt realy there. price wise thow they win.

lastminuteaudio
Sweet on this forum

Postby lastminuteaudio » October 25th, 2008, 9:59 pm

are HAWK pads easily available, where can i get a set??

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » October 25th, 2008, 10:59 pm

seanf3000, you took the thought straight from my head. The Mintex is an okay pad, great for the price, but as tte said, your rotors will suffer.

The Hawk HPS is an unbeatable pad for a little more...very comparable to the ebc greenstuff, but about 30% cheaper.

Anybody try the akebono pads and can give a review?

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » October 25th, 2008, 11:33 pm

I use Akebono pads both front and rear and they are fantastic, excellent stopping power, no noise what so ever, little dust and no scoring on the rotor, they also last very long, I used them in dex with no brake fade even after continuous runs and I've run them from 200Km to 0 and still experienced no fade, if I can't get them then I use Wagner

Zeriam
punchin NOS

Postby Zeriam » October 26th, 2008, 8:48 am

whats the cost of these pads and where do u guys get them??

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » October 26th, 2008, 11:39 am

corollalover101 wrote:I use Akebono pads both front and rear and they are fantastic, excellent stopping power, no noise what so ever, little dust and no scoring on the rotor, they also last very long, I used them in dex with no brake fade even after continuous runs and I've run them from 200Km to 0 and still experienced no fade, if I can't get them then I use Wagner

Oh Boy! Really??? Then I scored cuz the RC front spindles that I bought came with akebono pads and they look practically new!! :D

g unit
Sweet on this forum

Postby g unit » October 26th, 2008, 8:44 pm

i lookin for some pads for my Starlet (EP82), neone knows where i can source locally.

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » October 27th, 2008, 12:51 am

g-unit, yuh have a budget? Hit mih ah pm, we go talk.

Advertisement

Return to “TOYOTA”