TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Hilux Vigo

It's all about 4AGE, NZE, 3SGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

BSeecharan
Riding on 13's

Hilux Vigo

Postby BSeecharan » March 9th, 2007, 1:25 pm

Hey Fellas (and girls),
I'm new to the forum but like what I see so far. I'm getting a Hilux Vigo automatic in a few weeks and need some advice on the suspension. I like everything about the vehicle but the ride is kinda rigid, especially in the back seat, from the demo drive. Anyone knows of suspension mods that actually make a difference? I read online of some removing a leaf or two off the primary suspension in the rear. Anyone done this?
Oh and I kept the stock 16" alloy rims because I heard the 20" ones make the ride worse.
Thanks

transporter001
Street 2NR

Postby transporter001 » March 9th, 2007, 2:09 pm

I drove in one the other day an i dont fine it was that bumpy. Prob the pressure in te tires was too much.
The 20'' will definitley be more bumpy because of less tyre to absorb shock

bleedingfreak
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby bleedingfreak » March 9th, 2007, 2:24 pm

Of course the ride is tough. It's a pickup isnt it?

wagon r
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Location: ......takin it easy on the road we call "Life".....

Postby wagon r » March 9th, 2007, 2:28 pm

^ i was wondering the same thing. alot of folks are taking to heart the fact that all these new pickups ride like cars when in fact, they are still pickups.

the interiors maybe car like but it's still a pickup, if you want that cushy car like ride, stick with a car.....or buy a suv - fortuner, pathfinder.

BSeecharan
Riding on 13's

Postby BSeecharan » March 9th, 2007, 3:02 pm

I do plan to check the tyre pressure. I owned a Pathfinder before and it was smoother. The new one is too expensive though. I don't expect it to ride like a car, since it isn't, but this is still a bit premature though since I haven't taken delivery yet. Just fishing for info at this point.
..Thanks

pimptacular
30 pounds of Boost

Postby pimptacular » March 9th, 2007, 3:14 pm

type of tires u use also the tire pressure is a major factor in the ride..pay attention an see about those 2 things first..try broader an a higher profile tires to make the van look a lil more rugged an make sure the preussure not too hard an u spose to get a much better ride

A33_VQ35
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: Hilux Vigo

Postby A33_VQ35 » March 9th, 2007, 3:20 pm

BSeecharan wrote:Hey Fellas (and girls),
I'm new to the forum but like what I see so far. I'm getting a Hilux Vigo automatic in a few weeks and need some advice on the suspension. I like everything about the vehicle but the ride is kinda rigid, especially in the back seat, from the demo drive. Anyone knows of suspension mods that actually make a difference? I read online of some removing a leaf or two off the primary suspension in the rear. Anyone done this?
Oh and I kept the stock 16" alloy rims because I heard the 20" ones make the ride worse.
Thanks

Hilux vigo and 20" rims don't go in the same statement. Tired seeing tritons and frontiers and vigo's and prado's with some huge arse rims!!!!! These things weren't made for that sheit.......

allblacks
3NE 2NR for life

Postby allblacks » March 9th, 2007, 3:26 pm

Plain and simple if you want a car like ride buy a @#^$&%* car... :roll:

wagon r
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Location: ......takin it easy on the road we call "Life".....

Postby wagon r » March 9th, 2007, 3:28 pm

won't stop folks from pimpin them out.....

....and then they want to know how they can't get any traction in wet grass.... :roll:

pimptacular
30 pounds of Boost

Postby pimptacular » March 9th, 2007, 4:31 pm

an also if if u buy a new van or suv from the firm an put big rims dey say dat voiding the warranty on the supension if u go with rims bigger dan 18s or sum like dat

BSeecharan
Riding on 13's

Postby BSeecharan » March 9th, 2007, 4:39 pm

Everybody has their own likes/dislikes. I prefer more rubber for vehicles like this. Ur right though much larger rims can have warranty implications. Mine is new but from a roro dealer though. No automatic available from toyota. When they do have it its much too expensive and no accessories!

sweeks
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby sweeks » March 11th, 2007, 1:26 pm

Any SUV or Car suspension is different from a pickup. SUV/Car has coil spring front and rear. Pickup has leaf springs for weight. Put two bags of cement in the tray and you'll definitely get a better ride.

Drop the pressure in the rears to 26 psi .. and try to avoid any modification to a vehicle like this, it'll be expensive and if you get any warranty with the RORO ... you may void it as well as mess up the suspension on it.

Bro you need a ride in an older hilux and then you'll see what rigid is....

Good luck and enjoy the lux... the vigo is a beauty.... compared to the older ones ... i.e. the beast.

bleedingfreak
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby bleedingfreak » March 11th, 2007, 3:54 pm

Pickup is pickup. It's made to take at least 800kg in the tray. So the rear suspension has to be tough enough to hold up to that. I won't worry too much about the roughness. You'll get used to it :!:

equipped2ripp
punchin NOS

Postby equipped2ripp » March 11th, 2007, 4:04 pm

sweeks, ditto

EL JEFE
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby EL JEFE » March 11th, 2007, 4:36 pm

BSeecharan wrote:Everybody has their own likes/dislikes. I prefer more rubber for vehicles like this. Ur right though much larger rims can have warranty implications. Mine is new but from a roro dealer though. No automatic available from toyota. When they do have it its much too expensive and no accessories!

Burr. My father hadda be on drugs boy. He buy one the other day and it automatic and it have all the accessories up to dvd screens on the headrest and he say he bought it from the firm and paid 300k :? :? :?

nigel1977
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nigel1977 » March 12th, 2007, 8:21 am

Had mine since nov last year, and have had no complaints from any one, front or back seats.

Like every one said, ITS A VAN.

On a side note, Im satrtaing to hear some rattles now, or it could be because I scrapped the entire interior to do sound deadning and didnt fasten back all the panels.

BSeecharan
Riding on 13's

Postby BSeecharan » March 12th, 2007, 1:41 pm

Thanks guys, great advice. Sweeks, sound like u know what u talking bout. $mall$464, I like your slogan, heard it another way also "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken."
With the kinda money I'll be spending, I'm sure I'll like the ride...lol
Laters fellas..

Greypatch
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Greypatch » March 12th, 2007, 2:52 pm

the gas hilux is offered auto by toyota T&T..

yuh ride guh be rough pallies...bling out if you want to cause it is yours...

everyone has diff taste..

MBC Autotronix
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby MBC Autotronix » March 14th, 2007, 6:42 pm

it us now available 3.0 turbo diesel automatic from toyota starting at 275k.

the pick up rides rough..but u get accustomed to it after some time...and after the suspension gets some work...

when this vehicle has load..meaning more than 2 ppk, the ride comfort increases alot

Advertisement

Return to “TOYOTA”