Forums

Which sub fow lows?

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Re: Which sub fow lows?

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 31st, 2023, 6:28 am

rollingstock wrote:I see you mentioned lows and then push to the limit.
Can't go wrong with a Orion hcca 12. Rated 2500rms but they'll handle more power easily. Factory drop in kits are also available if you fork it up lol

Kits are like gold atm. Subs prices are like diamonds :|

Hcca 15 hovering around 7k right now. Excellent choice if you can afford it tbh. Also heard a few deafbounce subs and they are pretty impressive

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 31st, 2023, 6:40 am

Damn... In thise hcca.

some reviews show the avatar to be hitti g the low notes better than the db

stark_007
Street 2NR

Postby stark_007 » January 31st, 2023, 5:52 pm

Rovin wrote:hope its not a brazilian\full bridge u have , i prefer korean half bridge amps

i dont want any sort of mickey mouse rebuilt subs for free

if is a new factory original kit "professionally installed" i might consider it but i only buy new original factory built subs ...

What wrong with Brazilian and full bridge amplifiers ?

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 31st, 2023, 6:24 pm

i just prefer d sound of a half bridge ...

stark_007
Street 2NR

Postby stark_007 » January 31st, 2023, 7:31 pm

Rovin wrote:i just prefer d sound of a half bridge ...

Lol

https://youtu.be/nVWffjpFA4I

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 31st, 2023, 7:35 pm

Read the comments section of thst vid....

stark_007
Street 2NR

Postby stark_007 » January 31st, 2023, 8:39 pm

sMASH wrote:Read the comments section of thst vid....

What about it ?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 31st, 2023, 10:25 pm

See what they saying

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » February 1st, 2023, 7:27 am

stark_007 wrote:
Rovin wrote:hope its not a brazilian\full bridge u have , i prefer korean half bridge amps

if is a new factory original kit "professionally installed" i might consider it but i only buy new original factory built subs ...

Quality from Brazilian in comparison to Korean is chalk and cheese....especially in the mid-range applications

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » February 1st, 2023, 11:09 am

stark_007 wrote:

Lol

what did u get out of that video ? .... :|

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » February 1st, 2023, 11:15 am

stark_007 wrote:

you might know more than me bout this

https://circuitdigest.com/electronic-ci ... ing-matlab

I personally like the idea of the full bridge because you don't have to waste much electronics to make a dual rail power source . Easier to make

But idk, leh me know d scene

stark_007
Street 2NR

Which sub fow lows?

Postby stark_007 » February 1st, 2023, 2:40 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
stark_007 wrote:

Quality from Brazilian in comparison to Korean is chalk and cheese....especially in the mid-range applications

Mid range sure ( or you just didn’t use your DSP correct), bass, again you should leave the settings on full and use a proper dsp.
Last edited by stark_007 on February 1st, 2023, 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stark_007
Street 2NR

Which sub fow lows?

Postby stark_007 » February 1st, 2023, 2:46 pm

Rovin wrote:
stark_007 wrote:

Lol

what did u get out of that video ? .... :|

Well, doesn’t matter half or full bridge for using these amplifiers on bass it isn’t noticeable to the human ear. Only thing that matters is the filter circuit at the output stage. Full bridge filter circuits are trash so a dsp should be utilized while the half bridge filter circuits are much better which gives you the sense of it sounding good. But they both would sound the same when used correctly.

What did you get out of the video ?

stark_007
Street 2NR

Postby stark_007 » February 1st, 2023, 2:55 pm

ruffneck_12 wrote:
stark_007 wrote:

you might know more than me bout this

https://circuitdigest.com/electronic-ci ... ing-matlab

I personally like the idea of the full bridge because you don't have to waste much electronics to make a dual rail power source . Easier to make

But idk, leh me know d scene

Exactly, a full bridge amplifier acts as 2 half bridges strapped together, less parts are needed hence the smaller size. So in that case it’s easier to achieve a particular power across various ohm loads. Just like the JL audio amplifiers ( which are full bridge).

I mean by all means if you like half bridge go for it. But there is a rather illiterate rumor that goes around in the car audio community where “Full bridge “ amplifiers don’t sound clean. Jl/ Alpine to name a few been doing it for years. Lol.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » February 1st, 2023, 7:06 pm

i respect sam as an educated person & amp technician

what he said around 16.50 that its only 1 test set up & to draw concrete conclusions comparisons wud have to be repeated with many different enclosures, woofers etc, i agree with this

despite all d science & ppls opinions experiencing in hearing this\that or for whatever reason : in d end everybody simply has their preference as in every other topic ... :|

stark_007
Street 2NR

Postby stark_007 » February 1st, 2023, 7:22 pm

Rovin wrote:i respect sam as an educated person & amp technician

what he said around 16.50 that its only 1 test set up & to draw concrete conclusions comparisons wud have to be repeated with many different enclosures, woofers etc, i agree with this

despite all d science & ppls opinions experiencing in hearing this\that or for whatever reason : in d end everybody simply has their preference as in every other topic ... :|

Agreed

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » February 3rd, 2023, 9:50 am

tbh once an amp is designed correctly, it should sound good. Once you can engineer out the flaws it'll sound good.

Same as the class A vs class AB debate

The problem with efficiency however, that's another topic to delve into (full vs half bridge too)

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 3rd, 2023, 11:14 am

I want to say, just like the different between an original vinyl recording, a digital lossless recording, flac, and mp3, there a minor differences that an analyzer may be able to detect, but some, it may not. But, the human can discern the difference, and chalk that up to 'quality'.

The reproduction of the signal, due to the differences on electronic components, and configuration, may overall be the signal in, but may be different on smaller scales, and discerning ears, may be able to pick up rose differences even if a meter would not.

An example I have is, I don't hear anything past 16khz. Fur years we doing audio metric fir the work check up. I try online ones, and the same thing

But did get some bullet tweeters that upper range is 25khz, and the highs from thise sound a lot cleaner, clearer, Crisper, than thise rated up to 20khz. I was getting the 'TSSSS' properly.

The 20khz was 'THCH' and the 18khz was just 'CHHH'

On work where I had to analyze trends and graphs for processes, u get to see how the general over values can have very different instantaneous values, depending on the resolution u let the trends show up.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » February 3rd, 2023, 12:37 pm

google Musical Instrument Frequency Chart

only cymbals & violin go anywhere near 16k though some charts say both male & female voices can while others have it listed as lower ...

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 3rd, 2023, 4:30 pm

sMASH wrote:I want to say, just like the different between an original vinyl recording, a digital lossless recording, flac, and mp3, there a minor differences that an analyzer may be able to detect, but some, it may not. But, the human can discern the difference, and chalk that up to 'quality'.

The reproduction of the signal, due to the differences on electronic components, and configuration, may overall be the signal in, but may be different on smaller scales, and discerning ears, may be able to pick up rose differences even if a meter would not.

An example I have is, I don't hear anything past 16khz. Fur years we doing audio metric fir the work check up. I try online ones, and the same thing

But did get some bullet tweeters that upper range is 25khz, and the highs from thise sound a lot cleaner, clearer, Crisper, than thise rated up to 20khz. I was getting the 'TSSSS' properly.

The 20khz was 'THCH' and the 18khz was just 'CHHH'

On work where I had to analyze trends and graphs for processes, u get to see how the general over values can have very different instantaneous values, depending on the resolution u let the trends show up.
Not everyone hearing is the same. Last time I did audiometric testing I was swaying to the music on the radio in the lobby while in the chamber.

Sensitive hearing is an asset in the industry. I does say if you listen long enough the machines speak to you. There are various sounds electonic and mechanical components make when something is wrong.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 3rd, 2023, 4:36 pm

I don't understand lyrics in songs much, but u see noise in the plant, I pick up the slightest deviation in pitch, tone, level, pattern... Even if is background. Like I monitor is subconsciously and pick up on it like dogs.

But what I was trying to show, is that rovin ability to hear the difference in full bridge and half bridge, has some explanation.

I personality don't have enough exposure to different systems, to detect any difference.

Once it eh buzzing, I usually gud.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 3rd, 2023, 5:14 pm

sMASH wrote:I don't understand lyrics in songs much, but u see noise in the plant, I pick up the slightest deviation in pitch, tone, level, pattern... Even if is background. Like I monitor is subconsciously and pick up on it like dogs.

But what I was trying to show, is that rovin ability to hear the difference in full bridge and half bridge, has some explanation.

I personality don't have enough exposure to different systems, to detect any difference.

Listen off one amp for a long while and then swap for another. You will hear differences.

As a younger guy in the hobby everything sounded the same. After graduating to higher end stuff when I took a listen to the stuff I had before it was night and day.

You will not hear it right away or you swap a week apart.

I thought was just me does pick up on differences in sounds from motors and turbines amongst all the noise on the plant. Even the tone of the sound emanating from a power transformer says a lot.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 3rd, 2023, 6:06 pm

nervewrecker wrote:
sMASH wrote:I don't understand lyrics in songs much, but u see noise in the plant, I pick up the slightest deviation in pitch, tone, level, pattern... Even if is background. Like I monitor is subconsciously and pick up on it like dogs.

Listen off one amp for a long while and then swap for another. You will hear differences.

As a younger guy in the hobby everything sounded the same. After graduating to higher end stuff when I took a listen to the stuff I had before it was night and day.

I thought was just me does pick up on differences in sounds from motors and turbines amongst all the noise on the plant. Even the tone of the sound emanating from a power transformer says a lot.
Nah nah nah. Every moving part has its signature.

Some are more distinct than others.

If u ever watch the series 'the expanse', that mechanical quirk plays a significant part in the show.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 3rd, 2023, 6:30 pm

sMASH wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:

Nah nah nah. Every moving part has its signature.

Some are more distinct than others.

If u ever watch the series 'the expanse', that mechanical quirk plays a significant part in the show.
Finally someone I can converse with. When I tell people if you listen carefully the machines speak to you they think I'm crazy. But as of late a lot of people have me questioning my sanity and they tend to be in large numbers.

Truth be told, I don't even recall the last time I watched tv or seen a movie. Only this week a friend took me out to see a movie but prior to that, I can't recall when last.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » February 3rd, 2023, 7:03 pm

as with d sound of different speakers, hearing differences in amps for me is easy i hear it right away as hearing a obviously poor quality mp3 or poor audio YT music video, it just sounds dull or lacking in certain regions of d spectrum

it helps alot when u accustom playing & listening to songs ur very familiar with : ur hearing\instinct picks up on something right away ... padnas used to gimme talk boi is dem same setta ole songs u playing : time to get some new songs, i explained to them i know d songs so i am looking out for certain things, if u tell me to listen to ur system & i unfamiliar with what songs u playing it will be a lil longer to pick up on something, not boasting on my self but i am pretty quick on d draw when something is sounding obviously out of line or unpleasant [at least to me] ... :|

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » February 6th, 2023, 7:10 am

I forgot to say this for internets points.
The best sub is Funkypup.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 6th, 2023, 8:35 pm

I letting mine take a Lil rest.
He is 26 years old and still going.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » February 6th, 2023, 10:55 pm

I rate the Pyle driver with the bump on the motor more than the funky pop. Cerwin Vega did the orange surround better too.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » February 7th, 2023, 7:02 am

rollingstock wrote:I rate the Pyle driver with the bump on the motor more than the funky pop. Cerwin Vega did the orange surround better too.
Two words my guy:
Nippon America

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » February 7th, 2023, 8:30 am

Some other two words

Super Pro

Sound Barrier

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”