Forums

Sound system tuning 18 sound Speakers

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Evj345
Riding on 13's

Sound system tuning 18 sound Speakers

Postby Evj345 » April 19th, 2022, 11:36 pm

Good day all, I'm having some issues tuning my audio system at least I think it can do better than it is... First off the vehicle is a Toyota Noah 2012.
Electrical: (2) runs 2/0 welding cable excelene
Xspower lithium 2000 amps easy
Big 3 180amp alternator and double 2/0 ground from chassis to amps my issue isn't power I don't get dimming lights ever my voltage stays within 13.8v @ high volume.
Signal Processing:
Clarion Double din headunit fx450
Helix dsp.3s
Amplification: 2 stetson ex3000 black series
1 for hi-mids and the other for low mid.
Comando crx4-4600 horns and tweets.
Transducers: (2)18 sound 10M600 (2) 18 sound 12mb700.
Drivers: (2) ds18 dkh1 680watts (2) genius audio 1" exit 300 watts
Tweeters: (2) JBL st400.
The issue I'm having is tuning im used to using multiple clarion eqs and crossover but I wanted a change in less wiring and components so I went with a dsp but it is really confusing and I know helix is one of the best right now so help how do I tune everything to be as loud as I know 18 sounds play crisp bright mids with nice midbass.
If someone can help me by remote tuning or just pointing me in the right direction I'm good.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Re: Sound system tuning 18 sound Speakers

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 20th, 2022, 6:28 am

Go on fb....look for the person known as Bassgod audio analyst. Exceptional tuner!!!! He was one of the sound engineers for rent A amp and does plenty of the big name vehicles in the industry!

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 20th, 2022, 7:32 am

Evj345 wrote:Good day all, I'm having some issues tuning my audio system at least I think it can do better than it is... First off the vehicle is a Toyota Noah 2012.
Electrical: (2) runs 2/0 welding cable excelene
Xspower lithium 2000 amps easy
Big 3 180amp alternator and double 2/0 ground from chassis to amps my issue isn't power I don't get dimming lights ever my voltage stays within 13.8v @ high volume.
Signal Processing:
Clarion Double din headunit fx450
Helix dsp.3s
Amplification: 2 stetson ex3000 black series
1 for hi-mids and the other for low mid.
Comando crx4-4600 horns and tweets.
Transducers: (2)18 sound 10M600 (2) 18 sound 12mb700.
Drivers: (2) ds18 dkh1 680watts (2) genius audio 1" exit 300 watts
Tweeters: (2) JBL st400.
The issue I'm having is tuning im used to using multiple clarion eqs and crossover but I wanted a change in less wiring and components so I went with a dsp but it is really confusing and I know helix is one of the best right now so help how do I tune everything to be as loud as I know 18 sounds play crisp bright mids with nice midbass.
If someone can help me by remote tuning or just pointing me in the right direction I'm good.
First of all, you need to do some calculations in order to set your amp levels properly with a volt meter.Then you need to dial in your limiter on the dsp to match those values.After that is crossover and eq.

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kavaninho » April 20th, 2022, 10:41 am

How you end up with a 6-way system? This is a bit overcomplicated and not thought out. From the looks of it, your system will be mono judging from the choice of amplifiers. The dsp has 8 outputs and is capable of processing the system (with outputs to spare). Ensure the L+R channels are summed for each of your outputs. Unfortunate that the equipment is already bought as I would have recommended something along the lines of a 4-way stereo setup.

Here is some good advice:
Never have unlike components in a system sharing the same amplifier channel. I suspect you have your horns connected this way. If so, you can correct or delete/replace two of the horns

Evj345
Riding on 13's

Postby Evj345 » April 20th, 2022, 11:07 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Go on fb....look for the person known as Bassgod audio analyst. Exceptional tuner!!!! He was one of the sound engineers for rent A amp and does plenty of the big name vehicles in the industry!

Thanks I'll check it out hopefully he can spare some time to help me out

Evj345
Riding on 13's

Postby Evj345 » April 20th, 2022, 11:09 am

kavaninho wrote:How you end up with a 6-way system? This is a bit overcomplicated and not thought out. From the looks of it, your system will be mono judging from the choice of amplifiers. The dsp has 8 outputs and is capable of processing the system (with outputs to spare). Ensure the L+R channels are summed for each of your outputs. Unfortunate that the equipment is already bought as I would have recommended something along the lines of a 4-way stereo setup.

Never have unlike components in a system sharing the same amplifier channel. I suspect you have your horns connected this way. If so, you can correct or delete/replace two of the horns

Everything has their own channels channel A is tweets split into 2 channels of the 4 channel and B is horns also split to the other 2 channels of the comando
Hi mid is channel C split to the stetson and D low mids split to the other stetsom

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kavaninho » April 20th, 2022, 12:26 pm

Evj345 wrote:
kavaninho wrote:How you end up with a 6-way system? This is a bit overcomplicated and not thought out. From the looks of it, your system will be mono judging from the choice of amplifiers. The dsp has 8 outputs and is capable of processing the system (with outputs to spare). Ensure the L+R channels are summed for each of your outputs. Unfortunate that the equipment is already bought as I would have recommended something along the lines of a 4-way stereo setup.

Everything has their own channels channel A is tweets split into 2 channels of the 4 channel and B is horns also split to the other 2 channels of the comando
Hi mid is channel C split to the stetson and D low mids split to the other stetsom

If so, you are set for tuning. Can you share your existing tune?

Evj345
Riding on 13's

Postby Evj345 » April 20th, 2022, 12:30 pm

kavaninho wrote:
Evj345 wrote:

If so, you are set for tuning. Can you share your existing tune?

I can post a pic later on I'm mostly using 6db and 12db crossover slopes

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”