Forums

New 2021 Nissan Frontier build

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

jeff
Riding on 18's

Postby jeff » February 23rd, 2022, 9:03 pm

Hi all, its been a while since i've been out of the game but i'm back 8-)

I'm now about to do my first build in forever and wanted everyone's advice.

1. is it possible to change the stock deck or would i lose some car features?
2. how are the dash speakers and front door speakers connected to the deck? is there some stock passive doing this or just a split signal with a cap?
3. if stock deck is kept do persons just tap into the rear high levels for an amp?
4. What depth and size can i get behind the rear seat?
5. flat subs vs a normal 8 etc?
6. by blocking off the vents behind the rear seat, does it really make the door harder to close?

altec
I LUV THIS PLACE

Re: New 2021 Nissan Frontier build

Postby altec » February 23rd, 2022, 9:09 pm

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » February 24th, 2022, 7:36 am

jeff wrote:Hi all, its been a while since i've been out of the game but i'm back 8-)

2. how are the dash speakers and front door speakers connected to the deck? is there some stock passive doing this or just a split signal with a cap?
3. if stock deck is kept do persons just tap into the rear high levels for an amp?
6. by blocking off the vents behind the rear seat, does it really make the door harder to close?

1) It is possible to change the stock headunit, there are double din trims available. Everything will work back with steering controls except the display of track on the cluster.

2) it’s a single pair wire for the front door and tweets as far as I could remember. (Stand to be corrected)

3) yes in my install I tapped into the original head unit with an audiocontrol dm608, the price of this and a new headunit is basically the same so weigh your options carefully, because I’m battling line drive issues with using the factory hi level outputs. Actually going to purchase a matrix this weekend to combat it

4/5) behind the rear seat is around 6 inch depth at the bottom tapering off to less than 2 at the top. JL slims fit and really budget 8s that honestly might fit 2 maybe 3 if you do the spacers on the seat bolts to gain a couple more inches

6) my rear vents are still there because I did the center console box, I did second battery behind the seat.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » February 24th, 2022, 11:00 am

guy like jeff, havent seen u in about 8-10yrs

have not worked on those so let nick guide u ...

Firewall
Riding on 16's

Postby Firewall » February 24th, 2022, 11:33 am

jeff wrote:Hi all, its been a while since i've been out of the game but i'm back 8-)

It is possible to change as stated. While the majority of functionality will be there, the cluster will now say AUX for any radio related feature. Iirc the bluetooth will now be 1 button to answer and hang up instead of the 2. You will have to remember the buttons to set the clock. The OEM mic will no longer work. Other than that, everything should work as normal. If you decide on changing check me, as I may have some parts you can use.

The deck has 4 channel output. Splitting of the dash tweeter and door speaker signal happens inline. There is a 50v 2.2uf cap on the tweeter, and nothing on the front door 6x9.

I didnt tap into the stock rears although it can be done. I used a 6to8 for processing. I used all 4 pairs of high level outputs and input them into the mosconi, then used the ones with the best line drive.

The depth is basically as stated in the above post. The jl tw3 will fit, but the seat needs to be forced a bit if no spacers are used. The sundown 6.5 will fit as well. It's possible to get the tw5 to work also (the height here is the issue, not the depth). Not sure about any 8" but you can use the above speaker depths as a guide to check. The volume I ended up with was around 1cf.

Blocking off the vents DOES make the doors harder to close. Significantly. I am thinking that I have to redo the box to accomodate at least 1 vent remaining.

Hope this answered at least some of your questions

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”