Forums

BEYMA 6P200Nd and low qts speakers

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

threeplumes
Chronic TriniTuner

BEYMA 6P200Nd and low qts speakers

Postby threeplumes » February 21st, 2022, 9:11 am

Hey guys ..... looking for some advice on the BEYMA 6P200Nd , first of all has anyone had any first hand experience using the speaker in a car door ? basically i am looking for the the perfect balance between loud and still conform with most of the sq fundamentals.... i am keeping the doors stock without mods.... now i have used alot of different 6's and most of them when proper eq is done can do well over 100hz - 120hz but what i cant seem to get is something that can go a little lower for proper sub integration aka i want more more mid bass while still using a pro audio speaker, now after looking at the specs it seems to be a good option it plays up to 8-9t hz, i am using silk domes so i need to to use a high highpass crossover point for them to play loud enough to keep up with the pro audio midrange ( I am willing to make a compromise on imaging ) .

My main questions is with regards to the Low QTs .29 , i am aware of the fact that for infinite baffle installs a qts of .5 or higher is what is needed for optimum performance in the midbass area ,if not the beyma anyone have real world experience with low qtc pro audio speakers in car door applications ??

Resonant Frequency (fs) 56 Hz
Impedance (Re) 5.3 ohms
Coil Inductance (Le) .6 mH
Mechanical Q (Qms) 3.69
Electrical Factor (Qes) .32
Total Q (Qts) .29
Comp. Equivelant Vol. (Vas) .42 ft3 / 11.9 Liters
Voice Coil Overhang (Xmax) 5.5 mm
Surface Area of Cone (Sd)m2 .0135
Reference Efficiency .65%
Displacement Volume (Vd) 74.25 cm3
X Damage (peak to peak) 20mm

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: BEYMA 6P200Nd and low qts speakers

Postby timelapse » February 21st, 2022, 10:25 am

Those speakers will work for sq.Important things to note.You will need to bandpass them.
Highpass at 50Hz.lowpass according to the tweeters, but not too low.

Brian Steele
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Brian Steele » February 23rd, 2022, 1:16 am

It's not just Qts, but the ratio of Fs/Qts that's important.

This driver however has only 5.5mm of Xmax. Should work ok for midbass duty (perhaps with a bit of EQ), but higher Xmax = louder midbass production without noticeable distortion. Something to consider if you're looking for the most output.

threeplumes
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby threeplumes » February 23rd, 2022, 1:05 pm

Brian Steele wrote:It's not just Qts, but the ratio of Fs/Qts that's important.

This driver however has only 5.5mm of Xmax. Should work ok for midbass duty (perhaps with a bit of EQ), but higher Xmax = louder midbass production without noticeable distortion. Something to consider if you're looking for the most output.

so considering that the fs of 56hz is alot lower than most other pro audio 6's which are mostly around 90-150 it should do ok in the door ....and i just did a check 5.5mm seem to be on the higher side with regards to pro audio midbass/midrange.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » February 24th, 2022, 7:50 am

Point I forgot to mention.You going to lose some of that loudness in the doors because they going to be pointed at your feet.My 2¢.Theres a guy in the classifieds with 2 pairs of morel components.Better application in the same power range

threeplumes
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby threeplumes » February 24th, 2022, 9:36 am

timelapse wrote:Point I forgot to mention.You going to lose some of that loudness in the doors because they going to be pointed at your feet.My 2¢.Theres a guy in the classifieds with 2 pairs of morel components.Better application in the same power range

just checked, if is the morel Maximo comps you talking about they definitely not in the same power range and application ...those are low end morel , i not doing sq rite now ....on that side of things i have already used reference dls and hybrid audio comps

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » February 24th, 2022, 5:13 pm

threeplumes wrote:
timelapse wrote:Point I forgot to mention.You going to lose some of that loudness in the doors because they going to be pointed at your feet.My 2¢.Theres a guy in the classifieds with 2 pairs of morel components.Better application in the same power range

just checked, if is the morel Maximo comps you talking about they definitely not in the same power range and application ...those are low end morel , i not doing sq rite now ....on that side of things i have already used reference dls and hybrid audio comps
I mistook what model was posted.My bad.
You sound deadening?

threeplumes
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby threeplumes » February 25th, 2022, 9:29 am

timelapse wrote:
threeplumes wrote:

I mistook what model was posted.My bad.
You sound deadening?

already have two layers on the door , its a active system and i am using a alpine 4ch pdxf6 bridged on the midwoofers(300rms per speaker) and another alpine 4ch bridged on a pair of silk domes (150rms per tweeter)

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » February 25th, 2022, 9:57 am

3k for upper end cut on those beymas, and 2k cut for lower end of the tweeters?

speedmelter
18 pounds of Boost

Postby speedmelter » February 27th, 2022, 11:17 pm

I have a pair of these which i tried in my doors when i was thinking along similar lines as you. They wont play the full definition of midbass by any means compared to a good true car audio midbass 6.5". Are they better than the other pro audio 6.5" that people use on their doors? IMO yes, better than any other that i have used or knowingly heard - they would play very much louder, handle more power and sound "cleaner" at high spl but if you think youre going to get magical midbass out of it, especially in a car door, just like any of those other pro audio 6.5", its a waste of good money. I took them out and went back to my component set.

threeplumes
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby threeplumes » February 28th, 2022, 9:49 am

timelapse wrote:3k for upper end cut on those beymas, and 2k cut for lower end of the tweeters?

nahhhh. more like 6k 24db crosspoint, with the power i am using @2k those tweeters gonna fry quick. but using a dsp so it's variable ,all depends on the type of individual want to be that day lol.

threeplumes
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby threeplumes » February 28th, 2022, 9:56 am

speedmelter wrote:I have a pair of these which i tried in my doors when i was thinking along similar lines as you. They wont play the full definition of midbass by any means compared to a good true car audio midbass 6.5". Are they better than the other pro audio 6.5" that people use on their doors? IMO yes, better than any other that i have used or knowingly heard - they would play very much louder, handle more power and sound "cleaner" at high spl but if you think youre going to get magical midbass out of it, especially in a car door, just like any of those other pro audio 6.5", its a waste of good money. I took them out and went back to my component set.

yeah i kinda know i won't get component level mid bass at high spl levels but i willing to try them even if i could squeeze a 20hz more on the low end band , a solid 80hz with a sharp cross i happy

speedmelter
18 pounds of Boost

Postby speedmelter » February 28th, 2022, 11:52 am

threeplumes wrote:
speedmelter wrote:I have a pair of these which i tried in my doors when i was thinking along similar lines as you. They wont play the full definition of midbass by any means compared to a good true car audio midbass 6.5". Are they better than the other pro audio 6.5" that people use on their doors? IMO yes, better than any other that i have used or knowingly heard - they would play very much louder, handle more power and sound "cleaner" at high spl but if you think youre going to get magical midbass out of it, especially in a car door, just like any of those other pro audio 6.5", its a waste of good money. I took them out and went back to my component set.

yeah i kinda know i won't get component level mid bass at high spl levels but i willing to try them even if i could squeeze a 20hz more on the low end band , a solid 80hz with a sharp cross i happy

Well in that case you will be pleased. They are very well built as well and treated to handle the moisture in the doors.. an important factor to give it credit.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » March 3rd, 2022, 6:08 pm

Theres a pair if excellent 6.5 " for sale by richiepooh in tuner classifieds

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”