Forums

audio installers who cut corners

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: audio installers who cut corners

Postby david12 » April 11th, 2022, 6:48 pm

So why didn't you research installers on your own? Mr. Khan was just a suggestion. Calm yuhself, do your install and learn so you won't end up in this situation again.

And hoss, we understand that Joel is the man that do the crap install. You don't have to put his name in every update post.

Ah out

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 11th, 2022, 7:13 pm

sickbad wrote:ive taken 3 vehicles to JOEL way back prior 2015 on referral. Who says a consumer should not have to go through his work?

i was sold copper and given CCA, used CCA also. again, keep your materials at cost price. gopauls and other shops in chagauans are very competitive, you were right, best to do it myself.

timelapse thank you for being a major contributor/critic on JOEL KHANS work, not even a vice grip for crimp etc.
Retail must be slow if Rovin has to compose an essay on defending your position. :agrue: your network of installers to refer is simply not very talented. and may end up causing a fire in somones car. just saying. there are so many other talented people that time could be spent researching online, getting to know etc.
Remind me to never refer you to anybody.
I don't particularly care about who you went to.
Not my business, and that would NEVER happen to me.
Here's why, and I hope you pay attention and stop toting for a minute.
It is your car.If something going under your floor, check it.If something.Connecting to your battery,check it.If something bolting near your gas tank, check it.
If something went wrong on the road somewhere and you are by yourself, would you know how to fix it yourself, or sit down badminding the installer?Pay attention to anything going on in your vehicle.
If you were paying attention, you would have seen it earlier.

As for Rovin, he can defend himself and his reputation as a straightforward helpful guy speaks for itself.Many guys leave their call cards at audio shops for referrals, and other places.Heck, I got terrible service from an ac guy recommended by my cousin.Should I blaspheme my cousin every time somebody talks about an ac?Grow up a bit, and learn from your mistakes.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » April 11th, 2022, 7:52 pm

^^^ i didnt even ask him to post that but thank you very much Timelapse ... 16yrs i am on here so i think alot of ppl know me well enough

sickbad wrote:ive taken 3 vehicles to JOEL way back prior 2015 on referral. Who says a consumer should not have to go through his work?

i was sold copper and given CCA, used CCA also. again, keep your materials at cost price. gopauls and other shops in chagauans are very competitive, you were right, best to do it myself.

timelapse thank you for being a major contributor/critic on JOEL KHANS work, not even a vice grip for crimp etc.
Retail must be slow if Rovin has to compose an essay on defending your position. :agrue: your network of installers to refer is simply not very talented. and may end up causing a fire in somones car. just saying. there are so many other talented people that time could be spent researching online, getting to know etc.

:shock:

so unknown to me & others reading here u gone by d same man 3 times in the past & never complained about it before but now i getting blame for his recent poor doing

u yourself say he eh even buy a piece of wire by me for ur install but blaming me about him putting inferior materials not even bought from me in ur car ... u making it sound as if i was aware & was by him when he was doing his mess

sure feel free to buy elsewhere - its a free country but u so condescending to someone reaching out to help u, that is just low

as for me having time to write an essay : i will defend myself from being wrongfully accused ... did u know i do not open my store on sundays, mondays & holidays over past few yrs even b4 covid & i still dont, so yea things so slow that i can afford to do that & waste a few minutes of my day off time replying u ... i guess ur reply essays means fixing clocks business slow too

everybody including myself has gotten burns from other ppl , call it a life lesson & move on or tote it with u which isnt healthy ...

sickbad
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sickbad » April 11th, 2022, 8:17 pm

Glad we got this sorted out, think twice a out Joel Khan work even if you're a novice and go buy something from a store in chaguanas. Customer is to blame i accept full responsibility for other people's short comings. It's best to spend hours a day behind a screen researching who's legit and who is illegitimate, word of mouth is dead, grey hairs don't always mean experienced

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » April 11th, 2022, 8:27 pm

You went by the guy 3 times before. What’s your point? It’s all on you

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 11th, 2022, 9:12 pm

He who totes shall forever be known as....

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » April 11th, 2022, 10:55 pm

Sickbad

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » April 11th, 2022, 11:00 pm

I once had a fella complain I burnt the ends of his 0ga cause I solder after crimping. I always do. I wrap a wet cloth around the insulation so it doesn't melt and go ham with a small torch to melt the solder into the crimp and wire. It just got a little deformed, but shrink wrap and sleeving was going over that so I wasn't concerned. He made a fuss, so I reminded him I'm not an installer, go by an installer, I'm a police, I an take your forkin report. I lock off the work after that.

Was uncomfortable the rest of the weekend cause my brother was toting and wasn't talking to me.

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » April 11th, 2022, 11:07 pm

Cool story

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » April 11th, 2022, 11:34 pm

Tanx bro

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 12th, 2022, 6:02 am

Like your brother is a t0t33 as well

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » April 12th, 2022, 8:04 am

Yeah he sick bad yes

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 13th, 2022, 6:39 am

I loss lil bit, you said you took 3 vehicles to Joel before...so I guess after the first vehicle it was worth carrying 2 more?

Is either the work was good enough to carry two more or you comfortable with sheit work?

Why you bitching on Rovin? He didn't do the instal

sickbad
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sickbad » April 14th, 2022, 5:41 am

Roving seems to know one shittty installer throughout his years, not bitchin on him. Don't have time to gut a car that was sold or a friend's car. These installers cloak their materials and work in the hope of never being found out. It has been seen here that I'm not the only one who has been given cut corners.

I've concluded that he really needs the money. Poor guy had a store, his wife is sick, I would probably try to swindle the same to make ends meet.

He made a couple thousand off of me for the week that he had my car. I hope that Joel could work on his trade a little more to have that installers edge. Just wanted some music to pass the time inbetween life's adventures.

If I'm being sold one thing, don't piss on my leg and tell me its raining. It would be easier to hire a lawyer and retrieve what was lost however I have only ever seen him in home clothes. Money lost here and there are lessons learnt. He says his work speaks for itself, and it has.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » April 14th, 2022, 11:49 am

:| :| :|
Last edited by Rovin on April 14th, 2022, 8:33 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » April 14th, 2022, 12:06 pm

Ok guys. No bashing of other tuners is allowed.
Keep it as it was intended.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 20th, 2022, 3:07 pm

You should see Dave's terrible installs.....

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”