Forums

audio installers who cut corners

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

sickbad
3NE 2NR for life

Re: audio installers who cut corners

Postby sickbad » December 12th, 2021, 7:37 am

He forgot my risers .. god dam church boy..

Thanks for the feedback guys, better to have your electronics fused!

sickbad
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sickbad » December 12th, 2021, 7:43 am

Think the moral here is if it can be covered up to save costs, the customer will never know, thanks Joel Khan, I really feel sorry for your customers who never got to inspect your work.

This man could talk . Talk talk talk.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » December 12th, 2021, 9:12 am

sickbad wrote:Think the moral here is if it can be covered up to save costs, the customer will never know, thanks Joel Khan, I really feel sorry for your customers who never got to inspect your work.

This man could talk . Talk talk talk.
The real moral is as harsh as this might sound, don't leave stuff like this without inspecting it at every step.This is your safety you are dealing with.I for one am the pesky customer that will ask questions and watching everything that goes on in my vehicle.Same with mechanics.Same with construction men at my house.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » December 16th, 2021, 10:40 pm

This thread is testament that a local car audio electronics certification, DC car electronics standard and automotive wiring code is needed for the car electronics industry. Its more than money and equipment, but people life they playing with.

IAmDaniel
Riding on 13's

Postby IAmDaniel » December 25th, 2021, 12:44 am

Damn...after hearing some nightmare stories, can someone direct me to or can any reputable installers browsing the forums do a battery isolator installation? Power wire already ran from the back to the engine bay...just need to find a proper mounting location, tap into a true ignition source, ground and connect the main batt to isolator. Anytime on or after Boxing day. Southern environs preferably. Thx

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » December 25th, 2021, 12:54 pm

IMG-20211225-WA0099.jpg

OP check and make sure he didnt do this too

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » December 25th, 2021, 1:55 pm

This young guy can't even drive legally and would rival many pros out there. Designed, guidance on installation and tuned.
Built an entire RF system.
751500061.jpeg

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » December 25th, 2021, 2:04 pm

Personally when I wanted to get an install done in my Ioniq I researched for around 3yrs. There aren't much installs out there in the world so I had to find someone locally who I'd trust to dig up in a new platform and do things properly. Ended up going to Robert (formally of Street Concepts in Arima) who has worked on vehicles I know before and I love his passion.

My install is 11mths old now, no corners were cut, everything was done professionally and he answered every question. Car sounds amazing and we're about to embark on Version 2.0.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » December 25th, 2021, 2:22 pm

Aleem (barely legal) still installing?

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby david12 » December 27th, 2021, 6:40 am

Dave wrote:This young guy can't even drive legally and would rival many pros out there. Designed, guidance on installation and tuned.
Built an entire RF system.
751500061.jpeg
Look meh padna. Man probably know more than me yes but then again look who is his father.

IAmDaniel
Riding on 13's

Postby IAmDaniel » December 27th, 2021, 12:30 pm

harry's son?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » December 27th, 2021, 6:30 pm

Harry is a boss.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » December 28th, 2021, 8:12 am

Not Harry son. Indirect training by one of the best installers passed to his father at the same age he is now.
They are all active members here, the three generations.

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kavaninho » December 28th, 2021, 9:37 am

Dave wrote:Not Harry son. Indirect training by one of the best installers passed to his father at the same age he is now.
They are all active members here, the three generations.

The guy has name/shop name?

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » January 18th, 2022, 9:10 pm

What about those safe sounding people in a plaza east side - are they any good? I looking for an installer to replace my factory speakers with better ones and maybe add an amp. Just need clean music.

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby david12 » January 18th, 2022, 9:40 pm

Who? If you can attempt to do it yourself that may be the best bet. If you see it as a daunting thing to do, YouTube has alot of answers and of course you can consult with some of the experienced people here. Atleast you'll know what goes into the vehicle. My recommendation.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » January 18th, 2022, 10:49 pm

Why does this look like underneath a Hilux
*KRONIK* wrote:
IMG-20211225-WA0099.jpg

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » January 19th, 2022, 7:55 am

kamakazi wrote:Why does this look like underneath a Hilux
*KRONIK* wrote:
IMG-20211225-WA0099.jpg

Lol

Nah

FB pic...

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby david12 » January 19th, 2022, 12:33 pm

*KRONIK* wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:
IMG-20211225-WA0099.jpg

Lol

Nah

FB pic...
I eh know what worse the wire zip tied to the exhaust or the driveshaft

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » January 19th, 2022, 12:34 pm

david12 wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:
IMG-20211225-WA0099.jpg

Lol

Nah

FB pic...
I eh know what worse the wire zip tied to the exhaust or the driveshaft
Lol

That pic just cringe-worthy

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 19th, 2022, 1:17 pm

I once made a rookie mistake like that in the earlies.I ran a 4 gauge through my car and tie strapped it to the handbrake housing.Ended up obstructing the proper operation of the handbrake.Fixed it immediately.But that's me being a noob.These fellas are professionals...

sickbad
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sickbad » April 3rd, 2022, 11:12 am

Let us not forget. Big three with 4 gauge CCA. Courtesy Joel Khan, chaguanas. If you have dealt with this person. Check your install maybe you overpaid for uncrimped connections and inferior materials. Looks like he tried to crimp with a pliers.. wires dem a loose
20220330_122831.jpg
20220403_110917.jpg

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 3rd, 2022, 2:21 pm

triniboi49 wrote:What about those safe sounding people in a plaza east side - are they any good? I looking for an installer to replace my factory speakers with better ones and maybe add an amp. Just need clean music.

That place in parkval? If it's them, they don't install...they have one of the best installers representing them though. Closest thing you would get to ballz work. Go on fb,look for unique audio designs

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 4th, 2022, 7:52 am

sickbad wrote:Let us not forget. Big three with 4 gauge CCA. Courtesy Joel Khan, chaguanas. If you have dealt with this person. Check your install maybe you overpaid for uncrimped connections and inferior materials. Looks like he tried to crimp with a pliers.. wires dem a loose
20220403_110917.jpg
20220330_122831.jpg
Jaysus.Not even in a vice.That is definitely pliers 'crimp'.

Jerry84
Trinituner Peong

Postby Jerry84 » April 9th, 2022, 9:17 pm

OP at least you got new wiring. I paid him for new wiring and got some used grounding wires. Didn't think he would have done that so gave him the benefit of the doubt and thought it just got dirty from the install. Only when I saw some smoke coming from my amp did I realize something was wrong. Luckily only damage was a fuse but on confronting him, stories changed a few times until he said I went by someone else to 'upgrade' my grounding wire. Mind you I paid for zero Guage, was supplied with used zero Guage, there was no upgrade to be done.
I cut my losses and moved on. Mr Joel Khan or whatever his name is, is a crooked businessman who rips off people who work hard for their money.

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: Gas prices to raise, again.

Postby david12 » April 10th, 2022, 8:17 am

Does he have a shop, or is it on a smaller scale? If it's the former, what's the name?

sickbad
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sickbad » April 11th, 2022, 11:36 am

Jerry84 wrote:Mr Joel Khan or whatever his name is, is a crooked businessman who rips off people who work hard for their money.

wow. thanks for your contribution, he did use used wire, hidden in nylon wrap.

he boasts of having done police personal cars so no body could hassle him. I really wonder what kind of wratch work he did for them, cunning installer.

ROVIN says DIY is best. he knows this now because his bud JOEL KHAN who he has been referring for years, is still trying to complete installfordummies101

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » April 11th, 2022, 2:00 pm

sickbad wrote:ROVIN says DIY is best. he knows this now because his bud JOEL KHAN who he has been referring for years, is still trying to complete installfordummies101

why u calling my name as though he & i have a deliberate conspiracy arrangement to defraud innocent ppl of their hard earned money - I AM NOT & NEVER WAS in that, i dont get a sale or cent for sending ppl to those who say they are installers & they say they good at what they do doing it for x amt of yrs, what they do on their end has NOTHING to do with me

his work on surface seemed fine but i dont go pulling somebody off stuff to check what an installer did underneath, so like i said before : i too didnt know what was going on & since this incident has nothing to do with him ... if u need your tire fixed & i send by a tire shop who did crap & cause ur car to crash u cant blame me for his bad work

Rovin wrote:sometimes with a good mind intention i try to help customers & installers out not expecting something like this would happen, This referral makes me look bad because i sent a customer to somebody who represents himself as a experienced knowledgeable person who does proper work but from what i heard over the phone from OP yesterday it was not so.

not to make excuses but like others here have said i have seen bad work from other reputable installers too , i cannot get time to do installs when my store is open, its risky to put ur head on a block to refer others.

In the past i myself have gotten bad referrals from ppl i trusted regarding mechanics, masons, plumbers, electricians, builders , autobody shops, some stores etc ... understandably this kind of stuff will trip anybody off especially when money & dishonestly is involved but before i end up in trouble i call it loss, like Op said on phone : let karma deal with that

I wish i was informed early when this happened so i could have tried to help make amends by offering my time\labor free of charge to correct bad work the guy did , even if new wiring is needed at cost from suppliers etc.

I already indicated this to OP via PM a few hrs ago but looks like he didnt see my message ... as i already said on phone & via pm i already apologized for what he went through ... :( ... obviously i wont refer anybody to that guy again, has me frighten if to ever recommend anybody else too

all i did was send u by somebody which i dont get a cent\commission from to install a deck , 2 front door speakers & 2 6x9s [that is all u had at that point in time & u said u needed nothing more cause u dont need no setta loud music] which anybody can install under a mango tree with minimal tools - u said u were a person who fixes clocks so i said if u able to fix clocks then u can more than able to install a deck & 4 speakers, i told u DIY or if u dont know go on youtube\google & learn, dont try to twist my words for what somebody else did to u

i have already explained & if i was conspiring with him would i have offered to redo all his bad work FOR FREE & supply u materials at cost ?, who else willing to fix FOR FREE for a total stranger whose name i dont even know for mess another man did ? even though i wasnt involved in any way & simply felt bad for your loss .... if i am a conspirator then i need to learn how to conspire properly

if i heard that u fix clocks & i sent somebody by u & u screwed up their stuff then that person come to blame me ... see how easy my name can get dragged through the mud

from all what u posted its clear that u went by him more than once so all that other stuff u had him do is in your hands & u should have scrutinize at each step what ur paying for & demanded he fix his work instead of wanting to blame me the messenger ...

mods : please dont delete this thread & what has been posted here as i want my side of the story to be told ...

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 11th, 2022, 4:44 pm

Sickbad, you being completely unreasonable.I have been following this thread continuously watching you tote and froth.You are responsible for your vehicle.Anybody can refer you to anybody.If Rovin had worked on your vehicle was a different story.

sickbad
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sickbad » April 11th, 2022, 6:09 pm

ive taken 3 vehicles to JOEL way back prior 2015 on referral. Who says a consumer should not have to go through his work?

i was sold copper and given CCA, used CCA also. again, keep your materials at cost price. gopauls and other shops in chagauans are very competitive, you were right, best to do it myself.

timelapse thank you for being a major contributor/critic on JOEL KHANS work, not even a vice grip for crimp etc.
Retail must be slow if Rovin has to compose an essay on defending your position. :agrue: your network of installers to refer is simply not very talented. and may end up causing a fire in somones car. just saying. there are so many other talented people that time could be spent researching online, getting to know etc.

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”