Car audio advice thread

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Jeremy09
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Car audio advice thread

Postby Jeremy09 » October 14th, 2022, 5:26 am

timelapse wrote:
Jeremy09 wrote:Alright, so i bumping up this here...best way to loose weight is mouth surgery lol
My raj build done. "takes licks all how"
it consist of a pair of faital pro 6fe300 and a pair of skyhigh car audio titanium dome tweets. I added the head rest box's specs to winisd and got a tuning of 200hz (trini customs told me 150hz) anyway, the faital playing 200hz to 4khz and tweets 4khz-20khz.
1. I have to set the gains for the tweeters, i know some recommend using music an setting by ear. what are some good songs to test/set tweets?
2. this for a loud daily and not sq, i have one of those free apps for an RTA, what type of graph to aim for when tuning?

Thanks fellas, "takes more licks in advance"
Problem with loud,is where are going to rta from?Driver seat ,in the car,out of the car,how far from the car? Questions a raj should ask himself.Why RTA at all?
Now if you can find a singular listening point young Raj, because you will not get the same RTA from different listening positions.RTA curves may change at different volume levels also.Choose wisely.

When you figure all this out over a bowl of dhal and a nip of puncheon with medium pepper, try this curve with white noise at -3 db(you can find this online).This is for your entire system, not just the tweeters.
Tweak from there using Jab Kisiki by Kumar Sanu or Musafir by whoever covered it last.
Extra tweaking can be done using Lalana Khoosie by Sam Boodram.

Happy Rajing
EQCURVE-Paint2-e1410219551133.jpg
Hahaha was thinking to place my phone in between the driver an passenger seat? As fas as outside, its just 2 6". Not sure if my phone will read to well..
wait, you serious about them 2 song to set the gain for the tweeters? And as far as volume to rta, your right, i saw the curve changing as i raised the volume, thinking to work with about 3/4 vol.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » October 14th, 2022, 7:25 am

Brian Steele wrote:White noise?

Pink noise is usually used for measurement purposes.
The average raj setup is for the deaf.Pink noise is too clean for their purposes.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » October 14th, 2022, 7:36 am

Jeremy09 wrote:
timelapse wrote:
Jeremy09 wrote:Alright, so i bumping up this here...best way to loose weight is mouth surgery lol
it consist of a pair of faital pro 6fe300 and a pair of skyhigh car audio titanium dome tweets. I added the head rest box's specs to winisd and got a tuning of 200hz (trini customs told me 150hz) anyway, the faital playing 200hz to 4khz and tweets 4khz-20khz.
1. I have to set the gains for the tweeters, i know some recommend using music an setting by ear. what are some good songs to test/set tweets?
2. this for a loud daily and not sq, i have one of those free apps for an RTA, what type of graph to aim for when tuning?

Problem with loud,is where are going to rta from?Driver seat ,in the car,out of the car,how far from the car? Questions a raj should ask himself.Why RTA at all?
Now if you can find a singular listening point young Raj, because you will not get the same RTA from different listening positions.RTA curves may change at different volume levels also.Choose wisely.

When you figure all this out over a bowl of dhal and a nip of puncheon with medium pepper, try this curve with white noise at -3 db(you can find this online).This is for your entire system, not just the tweeters.
Tweak from there using Jab Kisiki by Kumar Sanu or Musafir by whoever covered it last.

Happy Rajing
Hahaha was thinking to place my phone in between the driver an passenger seat? As fas as outside, its just 2 6". Not sure if my phone will read to well..
wait, you serious about them 2 song to set the gain for the tweeters? And as far as volume to rta, your right, i saw the curve changing as i raised the volume, thinking to work with about 3/4 vol.
Head unit volume around 3/4 is usually fine.
As for the song choices,yeah .You can really dial in your high mids and highs by ear with those.They have a sweet spot where the vocal have an almost cathedral type reverb.
The Sam Boodram tune has a dhantaal that if your highs not set right,the mix will sound muddy.My 2c.
Thats for maximum Rajness.
A Johnny Walker sticker on your back glass will make it sound even better.

You should start a raj audio thread.Put a disclaimer that no raj bashing will be tolerated.
I have a raj build in the making probably today.

Jeremy09
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jeremy09 » October 14th, 2022, 8:46 am

timelapse wrote:
Jeremy09 wrote:
timelapse wrote:

Happy Rajing
Head unit volume around 3/4 is usually fine.
As for the song choices,yeah .You can really dial in your high mids and highs by ear with those.They have a sweet spot where the vocal have an almost cathedral type reverb.
The Sam Boodram tune has a dhantaal that if your highs not set right,the mix will sound muddy.My 2c.
Thats for maximum Rajness.
A Johnny Walker sticker on your back glass will make it sound even better.

You should start a raj audio thread.Put a disclaimer that no raj bashing will be tolerated.
I have a raj build in the making probably today.
Lmaooooo

Jeremy09
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jeremy09 » October 14th, 2022, 9:10 am

Also, i know yall would have experience with dd subs. Those redlines, but the newer ones, the ones that said they better on the lows. How to break them in an how long if there already installed in the car.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » October 14th, 2022, 9:25 am

Jeremy09 wrote:Also, i know yall would have experience with dd subs. Those redlines, but the newer ones, the ones that said they better on the lows. How to break them in an how long if there already installed in the car.
Raj doh break-in subs .Raj does break windows with dey bass

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby david12 » October 14th, 2022, 9:27 am

Jeremy09 wrote:Also, i know yall would have experience with dd subs. Those redlines, but the newer ones, the ones that said they better on the lows. How to break them in an how long if there already installed in the car.
To me 'break in' occurs naturally and it's not something to go out of your way to do. Just my opinion.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » October 14th, 2022, 11:06 am

imo most subs 1000rms & under d their spiders usually not stiff so u can play them normally while they break in on their own

but above that level subs with more spiders are considerably stiffer & take long to break in

so rather than having to hear a setta unenjoyable stiff crixpan high bass i used to put mine on a baffle mounted to a steel rack having d sub\s free-air running a range of sine waves for some hrs, just make sure ur current is stable & fan on ur amp & subs to keep it cool ...

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » October 14th, 2022, 3:19 pm

I bought a DD 3510 esp 2years ago, installed in my van at 250km, the van just reach 18000kms and my subwoofer now start to loosen up, cuz I don’t really jam. How I realized that it now breakin in is the box I built was tuned to 30hz, and my peak point was around 38hz in the van. Now clearly its around the 34hz last I measured.

The cone control on these subs are excellent, I’m just kicking myself I didn’t tune lower..

Jeremy09
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jeremy09 » October 14th, 2022, 3:50 pm

timelapse wrote:
So wait wait. I using kumar sanu to set the gain for the tweeters then fine tune with pink noise?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » October 14th, 2022, 4:22 pm

Jeremy09 wrote:
timelapse wrote:
So wait wait. I using kumar sanu to set the gain for the tweeters then fine tune with pink noise?
Wrong side.Use the pink noise first with the RTA to make sure they not overly high.
Then fine tune with the Kumar Sanu.
https://youtu.be/om-AqDrrCvo
When you feel like drinking gramoxone,you all set.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » October 14th, 2022, 6:14 pm

Go play a lil rebassed Sam Boodram and call it a day

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » October 14th, 2022, 7:58 pm

Dave wrote:Go play a lil rebassed Sam Boodram and call it a day
Gouuuuudddddd
Mih gland flare dey yes

Jeremy09
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jeremy09 » October 15th, 2022, 7:10 am

timelapse wrote:
Jeremy09 wrote:
timelapse wrote:
Wrong side.Use the pink noise first with the RTA to make sure they not overly high.
Understood but. I have way to much power for tweeters na, how would i know if am over powering?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » October 15th, 2022, 7:14 am

Jeremy09 wrote:
timelapse wrote:
Jeremy09 wrote:
timelapse wrote:
Understood but. I have way to much power for tweeters na, how would i know if am over powering?
Set your gains with a multimeter and you will never have overpowering problems.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » October 15th, 2022, 9:51 am

Welcome to Rajistan
IMG_20221015_095223.jpg

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » October 15th, 2022, 10:19 am

I have 2 flare box I feeling to throw in for the parang season for real inno

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby david12 » October 15th, 2022, 10:34 am

timelapse wrote:Welcome to Rajistan
IMG_20221015_095223.jpg
Lawd! Postman flare box and thing. We'll pretend the JL not there lol.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » October 15th, 2022, 10:49 am

JL is safely disconnected.

Brian Steele
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Brian Steele » October 15th, 2022, 11:51 am

Never understood the flare box thing. Short parabolic expansion for midrange duty? Can't imagine that sounding anything else but awful...

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » October 15th, 2022, 1:50 pm

Brian Steele wrote:Never understood the flare box thing. Short parabolic expansion for midrange duty? Can't imagine that sounding anything else but awful...
It is awful.Loud and awful

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby david12 » October 15th, 2022, 5:33 pm

timelapse wrote:
Brian Steele wrote:Never understood the flare box thing. Short parabolic expansion for midrange duty? Can't imagine that sounding anything else but awful...
Raj, you reach back from the river yet awa?

On a serious note, how's the midbass performance from those pa speakers?

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » October 15th, 2022, 6:35 pm

only on tuner we can have a civilized discussion about this kinda stuff cause on fb ppl done cuss up ur tail n tell u bout u mooma & their padnas\supporters join in to tell u d same ...

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » October 15th, 2022, 7:49 pm

david12 wrote:
timelapse wrote:
Raj, you reach back from the river yet awa?

On a serious note, how's the midbass performance from those pa speakers?
I can't even tune a Raj system properly.With the processor in the mix it sounds very clean.
Midbass is very clear.
. I played some Anup Jalota on it this morning for a while.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » October 15th, 2022, 10:31 pm

It does make d mids clap and sound better from far bai!!! Yuh wa Tess the mids box? Grand bazaar meet up!!

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » October 16th, 2022, 5:49 pm

nick639v2 wrote:

It does make d mids clap and sound better from far bai!!! Yuh wa Tess the mids box? Grand bazaar meet up!!
Not keeping indefinitely.I just need to be slightly louder than the Jamaican over the road that feels the need to preach for Diwali and Eid.
Apparently if others believe in something different to him,it makes his beliefs weaker.
I have some loud prayers for him.Lewwe see who God more deaf

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » October 16th, 2022, 9:45 pm

Lemme add to the discussion
IMG-20221015-WA0206.jpg

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » October 16th, 2022, 10:55 pm

^^^ i would like to see d other side too ... :|
Last edited by Rovin on October 16th, 2022, 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » October 16th, 2022, 11:00 pm

Dash mat is a foreign thing. Lhd business.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » October 17th, 2022, 3:45 pm

Dyn Audio is the bomb.
Not for Raj setups

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”