(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Budget 6.5/ Now car audio advice thread

Postby *KRONIK* » December 2nd, 2021, 8:37 pm

david12 wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:
timelapse wrote:Where you putting the tweets Kronik?I put my passive crossovers in the dash itself.I know the c2 crossovers hefty, so I hear you
I already cut the sail panel finisher and installed the flush mount cups

My dash dont have much space, so i think somewhere in the door is 1st option
20210727_162206.jpg
That look sweet boy Kronik!

Where you mounting the amp?
Usually I mount my passives by my amp if there is enough space.

I only familiar with cars eh so when I say near the amp I mean if the amp is under the seat or something, not in a trunk.

Right....

So thats the whole reason i kinda stumped.

I have to mount, wire and install the RTMR box, 3 terminal blocks, fuse distribution and ground distribution.
I wanted to put these under the passenger seat.
In my van, the driver seat is powered and has no usable space as the seat motor is mounted there

My thought was the amp could go behind the back seat, somewhere near the box.
So i was thinking a box with a extended panel to house the amp (one 5ch, for the entire system)

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » December 2nd, 2021, 10:07 pm

Another issue was that we werent using new wires to the doors until after the van paint.
So i made a harness with speed wire to go to the dash harness and send the signal to the doors.
I know this isnt best practice, but it makes no sense wiring or sound deadening the doors now.
So i wanted to mount the passive crossover in the door to recieve the signal from the door's wire.

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kavaninho » December 3rd, 2021, 7:46 am

*KRONIK* wrote:Another issue was that we werent using new wires to the doors until after the van paint.
So i made a harness with speed wire to go to the dash harness and send the signal to the doors.
I know this isnt best practice, but it makes no sense wiring or sound deadening the doors now.
So i wanted to mount the passive crossover in the door to recieve the signal from the door's wire.

This not that bad. If you driving say 75W in 4 ohm loads, it will suffice without issues.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » December 3rd, 2021, 8:39 am

*KRONIK* wrote:
david12 wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:
timelapse wrote:Where you putting the tweets Kronik?I put my passive crossovers in the dash itself.I know the c2 crossovers hefty, so I hear you

20210727_162206.jpg

I only familiar with cars eh so when I say near the amp I mean if the amp is under the seat or something, not in a trunk.

Right....

I have to mount, wire and install the RTMR box, 3 terminal blocks, fuse distribution and ground distribution.
In my van, the driver seat is powered and has no usable space as the seat motor is mounted there

So i was thinking a box with a extended panel to house the amp (one 5ch, for the entire system)
Fuse can go under the seat.Put the ground close to the amp.If you can ground to the seat bolts, better yet. Check under your dash if there's a spot you can possibly zip tie the passives.I did that before I went active.
Question, why are you using a power distribution block if you using a 5 channel?You probably said, but I missed it

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » December 3rd, 2021, 8:39 am

kavaninho wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:Another issue was that we werent using new wires to the doors until after the van paint.

This not that bad. If you driving say 75W in 4 ohm loads, it will suffice without issues.
Ok
Great
I know its a long distance overall
Amp at rear of cab > speedwire to dash> dash to vehicle wiring > vehicle woring to thr doors

So i was a bit concerned about that

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » December 3rd, 2021, 8:41 am

timelapse wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:
david12 wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:

20210727_162206.jpg

Right....

Fuse can go under the seat.Put the ground close to the amp.If you can ground to the seat bolts, better yet. Check under your dash if there's a spot you can possibly zip tie the passives.I did that before I went active.
Question, why are you using a power distribution block if you using a 5 channel?You probably said, but I missed it
Its 1 amp, but its 2 systems i'm powering:

Amp @80A
RTMR @80A

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » December 3rd, 2021, 9:14 am

A bit sloppy, but how about this?Attach the ground distribution to the back of the seat somewhere or under it.Ground to the seat bolts or seatbelt bolts. Take a shot of the back seat.Lemme see what you working with

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » December 3rd, 2021, 9:22 am

timelapse wrote:A bit sloppy, but how about this?Attach the ground distribution to the back of the seat somewhere or under it.Ground to the seat bolts or seatbelt bolts. Take a shot of the back seat.Lemme see what you working with
Options are:

1) use the JL audio ground stud for the amp, near the amp and ground the RTMR near the seat (front passenger)

2) do a 0awg ground and use a ground bus for everything

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » December 3rd, 2021, 9:40 am

Imo #1 will take less space

Jeremy09
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jeremy09 » December 11th, 2021, 4:23 pm

Fellas, adding 2 more 6" to my set up for high mid. I can get it in 8ohm or 4ohm. I have an amp that will be able to play them if i get the 8ohm an bridge to run 4ohm. But if i get the 4ohm ill have to get a bigger amp and am trying to avoid buying a next amp. Dont want to damage or over heat anything or lose to much sound quality by bridging. Besides hearing stereo, 4ohm speakers worth it or go ahead and bridge?

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » December 11th, 2021, 7:35 pm

listening to quality music in stereo is an amazing experience

it really makes u appreciate d work, talent & uniqueness that good artists & musicians put into their recordings

even when i had my loud systems i incorporated stereo into it ... once u can get d appropriate ohm speakers & ur amp is capable then i say stereo hands down

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » December 11th, 2021, 8:24 pm

Jeremy09 wrote:Fellas, adding 2 more 6" to my set up for high mid. I can get it in 8ohm or 4ohm. I have an amp that will be able to play them if i get the 8ohm an bridge to run 4ohm. But if i get the 4ohm ill have to get a bigger amp and am trying to avoid buying a next amp. Dont want to damage or over heat anything or lose to much sound quality by bridging. Besides hearing stereo, 4ohm speakers worth it or go ahead and bridge?
Mono mids is for Raj and zessers.It will completely ruin your stereo imaging

Jeremy09
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jeremy09 » December 11th, 2021, 10:00 pm

Rovin wrote:listening to quality music in stereo is an amazing experience

it really makes u appreciate d work, talent & uniqueness that good artists & musicians put into their recordings

even when i had my loud systems i incorporated stereo into it ... once u can get d appropriate ohm speakers & ur amp is capable then i say stereo hands down
Ill stick with 4ohm then. Might get some lickz here. I have my mid bass playing 80hz to 3khz. I looking to go 3way an add a midrange speaker. Any budgetish 6" in 4 ohm around 75-100rms that sounds clean and bright up till about 3khz to blend in with my silks?

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » December 12th, 2021, 1:11 am

Might get flamed for this but the prv neo 6's would be perfect for you.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » December 12th, 2021, 7:27 am

rollingstock wrote:Might get flamed for this but the prv neo 6's would be perfect for you.
Lemme fuel the fire. How would said prv compare to the trusty fe200??

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » December 12th, 2021, 7:59 am

Jeremy09 wrote:

Ill stick with 4ohm then. Might get some lickz here. I have my mid bass playing 80hz to 3khz. I looking to go 3way an add a midrange speaker. Any budgetish 6" in 4 ohm around 75-100rms that sounds clean and bright up till about 3khz to blend in with my silks?
Take the mids up to 4khz.You wasting usable frequencies

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » December 12th, 2021, 8:03 am

rollingstock wrote:Might get flamed for this but the prv neo 6's would be perfect for you.
From the specs, those would sound awful without something filling up mid bass up front.
Car audio isn't the intended application for these either

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby david12 » December 12th, 2021, 8:17 am

Italian made speakers are the best in my opinion. I've heard numerous fe200 installs and they all sound very good. Keep in mind I hate pro audio stuff in a car audio install. The only thing is that sourcing 4 ohm fe200s locally is difficult.

Orion XTR, HCCA and maybe the Cobalt pa speakers are extremely efficient and will play that range of frequency that you are after very well.

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kavaninho » December 12th, 2021, 9:38 am

faital 4fe32 will be great

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » December 12th, 2021, 10:35 am

3 way wud be nice but where u putting d midrange driver in d wetman , u gonna do some mods to d A pillars ?

i said it here b4 , d Orion CM6 is a damn good sounding 4 ohm 150rms speaker, i have it on my demo wall & it sounds nicer than all d others imho ... very affordable too $500 pair
Last edited by Rovin on December 12th, 2021, 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » December 12th, 2021, 11:17 am

timelapse wrote:
From the specs, those would sound awful without something filling up mid bass up front.
Car audio isn't the intended application for these either

1. It was recommended because the op wanted a midrange driver for a 3 way set up.
2 These are great on midbass.
3. They are intended for car audio also and come 4 ohm impedance.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » December 12th, 2021, 11:18 am

david12 wrote:Italian made speakers are the best in my opinion. I've heard numerous fe200 installs and they all sound very good. Keep in mind I hate pro audio stuff in a car audio install. The only thing is that sourcing 4 ohm fe200s locally is difficult.

Orion XTR, HCCA and maybe the Cobalt pa speakers are extremely efficient and will play that range of frequency that you are after very well.

Triple r always have 4 ohm versions available

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » December 12th, 2021, 11:28 am

nick639v2 wrote:
Lemme fuel the fire. How would said prv compare to the trusty fe200??

Fe200 flatter response, the prv have a peak in the midrange. But I rather the prv, extremely clear midrange response.

I had morel tempo comps on the front doors and coax on the rear, they had some age and cone developed cracks, changed to the 6fe200, when I crashed the galant I took out the image dynamics cx64's to put in the lancer and gave away the faitals, the image couldn't fit without cutting the door frame because of the size of the motor so I installed the prv that my bro bough new and had stored home as a temporary gap fix. Didn't expect it to sound that well

Monsterpower on the forum would have heard how they sound.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » December 12th, 2021, 11:30 am

Olivia Rodrigo enough for you sounds 4kin amazeballs on these speakers. In fact I'll recommend that sound for anyone that wants to test the clarity of their midrange.

Jeremy09
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jeremy09 » December 12th, 2021, 12:51 pm

Yea. Rovin give me some solid advice and fixed my eq problem. I got mid bass speakers in my front doors. Just looking to brighten up the high mid area.
And placement was gonna be my next question.
Was thinking something small and neat on the back dash for the midrange? An fe200 could work in like a back headrest box or what about the timpano slim? Small but effective or that will mess it up?

Jeremy09
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jeremy09 » December 12th, 2021, 12:53 pm

timelapse wrote:
Jeremy09 wrote:

I had it on 4khz with a 24db slope but it didnt sound right. I dropped it to 3khz with a 12db slope and it sounded better

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » December 12th, 2021, 2:37 pm

Jeremy09 wrote:
timelapse wrote:
Jeremy09 wrote:

I had it on 4khz with a 24db slope but it didnt sound right. I dropped it to 3khz with a 12db slope and it sounded better
4k with a 12 db slope?

Jeremy09
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jeremy09 » December 12th, 2021, 2:40 pm

timelapse wrote:
Jeremy09 wrote:
timelapse wrote:
Jeremy09 wrote:

4k with a 12 db slope?
4k with a 24slope, Then i tried 3.15khz with a 24db slope, that didn't sound good either. I ended up doing 2.5khz with a 12db and it sounded good. I have the silks on 3.15khz with a 24hz

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kavaninho » December 12th, 2021, 3:31 pm

Jeremy09 wrote:Yea. Rovin give me some solid advice and fixed my eq problem. I got mid bass speakers in my front doors. Just looking to brighten up the high mid area.
Was thinking something small and neat on the back dash for the midrange? An fe200 could work in like a back headrest box or what about the timpano slim? Small but effective or that will mess it up?

So you thinking of doing a midbass on the front door, midrange speaker in the rear and tweets in the front? :?

Jeremy09
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jeremy09 » December 12th, 2021, 3:47 pm

kavaninho wrote:
Jeremy09 wrote:Yea. Rovin give me some solid advice and fixed my eq problem. I got mid bass speakers in my front doors. Just looking to brighten up the high mid area.

So you thinking of doing a midbass on the front door, midrange speaker in the rear and tweets in the front? :?
Something like that. Midbass and tweets infront and midrange in back dash

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”