TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

I just want to build a basic audio system for my car. The details are in the subject and there are 2 questions. Thanks

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

StarrGeneral
Riding on 13's

I just want to build a basic audio system for my car. The details are in the subject and there are 2 questions. Thanks

Postby StarrGeneral » June 13th, 2021, 3:58 pm

I want to build a basic system with a pair of 6" midrange in the front doors (DS18 preferred), a pair of tweeters on the dash, a pair of bullet/super tweeters and either one or two pairs (4 speakers) of 6" (DS18 preferred) midrange in the back dash and a subwoofer of choice in the trunk. Likely using just a preamp and possibly a 5 channel amp and a separate small amp to push the bullet/super tweeters, I will include the specs of the 5 channel amp at the end of my post, let's be clear loudness is not my priority but a clean sound is sufficient. Now my question is, should I/does it make sense to; pair a midrange and midbass speakers? Do I need midbass in this setup?

The amp specs are as follows; ●Class A/B Full Range 5-Channel, MOSFET Power Supply
3700 Watts @2-Ohms Max Power
413 Watts x 4 + 1125W x 1 RMS @2-Ohms
High and Low Level Inputs
Variable High Pass Crossover, Variable Low Pass Crossover, Bass Boost
Remote Subwoofer Control
Bridgeable

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: I just want to build a basic audio system for my car. The details are in the subject and there are 2 questions. Than

Postby kavaninho » June 13th, 2021, 7:22 pm

Pal, that Boss amp you interested in buying can maybe do 600W at best.

Firewall
Riding on 16's

Re: I just want to build a basic audio system for my car. The details are in the subject and there are 2 questions. Than

Postby Firewall » June 13th, 2021, 7:58 pm

Is there any reason you prefer DS18?
Is there a budget you have in mind?
What size sub would you like?
What type of vehicle?

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 13th, 2021, 10:03 pm

car audio in trinidad has looong reached a point where pro audio speakers is accepted as a normal standard in daily use systems :|

1st question i asked customers in my store is if ur playing music to hear mainly INside or OUTside of ur car , not judging anybody

if clarity\fullness not loud is ur main concern then why not simply use coaxials or components that plays most of d freq range & were designed for in car use ?

a pair of 50-100rms car speakers properly installed & amped is sufficient for most IN car listeners

if u already accustomed hearing a certain level of loudness by all means go whatever brand pro audio speakers, no scene ... :|

StarrGeneral
Riding on 13's

Postby StarrGeneral » June 13th, 2021, 10:25 pm

kavaninho wrote:Pal, that Boss amp you interested in buying can maybe do 600W at best.
like i said i'm not really interested in loudness just want a basic system that sounds clean, it is really for a for a here and there vehicle and even considering maybe scraping up a few passengers if i feel to or might just give it to someone to "work"... so earlier today i saw some 6.5 soundstreams on Steve's electronics page and kinda set my mind to that 80% but its 150 watts peak each... so maybe 3 pairs, being 2spkrs on each rear channel 1spkr+tweeter on each front channel and a pair of bullet/super tweeters on a small amp... idk the idea sounds good to me

StarrGeneral
Riding on 13's

Postby StarrGeneral » June 13th, 2021, 11:59 pm

Rovin wrote:car audio in trinidad has looong reached a point where pro audio speakers is accepted as a normal standard in daily use systems :|

1st question i asked customers in my store is if ur playing music to hear mainly INside or OUTside of ur car , not judging anybody

if clarity\fullness not loud is ur main concern then why not simply use coaxials or components that plays most of d freq range & were designed for in car use ?

a pair of 50-100rms car speakers properly installed & amped is sufficient for most IN car listeners

if u already accustomed hearing a certain level of loudness by all means go whatever brand pro audio speakers, no scene ... :|
you're on point right here... honestly i had really good stuff in my lancer and just couldnt take that pounding in my head... lolz i actually tort to myself that me and anyone driving around with all that noise gotta be crazy lolz but i was almost going to make the same mistake with this car and then i rethought it through and like i said in a reply earlier some soundstream 6.5 @ 150 max peak seems good enough

StarrGeneral
Riding on 13's

Postby StarrGeneral » June 14th, 2021, 12:20 am

Firewall wrote:Is there any reason you prefer DS18?
Is there a budget you have in mind?
What size sub would you like?
What type of vehicle?

heard them (DS18) and rated them as great i aint no pro but they're what i know. what i wanted was approx 4500-5000 total budget was gonna buy amazon, but like i mentioned in my other replies i'm not willing to go that way because i am considering renting out that vehicle, sub = 1000 watts max 10" P3, B13

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » June 14th, 2021, 3:07 pm

Rovin wrote:car audio in trinidad has looong reached a point where pro audio speakers is accepted as a normal standard in daily use systems :|

I bought three mats of buzzmat from you just to get the extra oomph out of some cheap JBL components.

And even BEFORE i swapped in the JBLs/amp, the stock speakers sounded great with the damping/sealing I did.

Meeno why men does run down $1000 DJ speakers when $500 components and $300 in sound damping sounds LOADS better.
Men will spend a setta money for speakers and won't spend a cent on research/prep work.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 14th, 2021, 3:59 pm

^^^ hey thanks for ur business , must introduce urself man, i might look serious but i doh bite :mrgreen:

ent boi , i does tired sing d song to customers of d wonders a couple sheets of sound mats properly installed will do , its 1 of d cheapest bang for $ upgrade for any type of system even with stock deck & speakers ...

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kavaninho » June 14th, 2021, 5:39 pm

StarrGeneral wrote:
kavaninho wrote:Pal, that Boss amp you interested in buying can maybe do 600W at best.
like i said i'm not really interested in loudness just want a basic system that sounds clean, it is really for a for a here and there vehicle and even considering maybe scraping up a few passengers if i feel to or might just give it to someone to "work"... so earlier today i saw some 6.5 soundstreams on Steve's electronics page and kinda set my mind to that 80% but its 150 watts peak each... so maybe 3 pairs, being 2spkrs on each rear channel 1spkr+tweeter on each front channel and a pair of bullet/super tweeters on a small amp... idk the idea sounds good to me

The amp you have in mind would not be able to power 6 pro audio woofers, not even 4 properly. Looking at your budget, why not do some moderately priced coaxials or components on that same amp. These will sound miles better than a pro woofer and require less power. Additionally, you wont have to design a passive crossover for the stuff. As mentioned, it is more important to treat the door to achieve the best sound. You can check Rovin, he should have descent components/coaxials.
If loudness is not your priority, stay away from pro audio.

StarrGeneral
Riding on 13's

Postby StarrGeneral » June 15th, 2021, 7:42 am

Thanks guys, i actually figured it out that same day, was really my plan B setup to do 3 sets of soundstreams i saw steve's selling so i'm 100% sure its my setup, saw a "Car Speaker Foam Baffles Enhancer System Sponge Bass Blocker Kit for 6" and 6.5" Speaker" might buy a set wouldnt need the super tweeters either... thanks for your inputs

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”