(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

venomz
3NE2NR is my LIFE

4 10 build

Postby venomz » March 29th, 2021, 10:54 pm

currently i have 2 8inch sundown v2 8inch on a 3k taramp

i want to upgrade and build a back rest box with 4 ten subs for a mazda b2500
however my avg sub should be about 750 to 1000rms each.

what will you recommend?

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Re: 4 10 build

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » March 30th, 2021, 10:41 am

Firstly, your budget?

Secondly I would buy 600rms subs to match that amp(head room is good).

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kavaninho » March 30th, 2021, 6:40 pm

^ I would go even less too!

venomz
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby venomz » March 30th, 2021, 8:24 pm

I can change the amp to a 5k but I also looking at current draw. 2 agm27 North Star and a 140alt

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » March 31st, 2021, 6:22 am

Plenty 700-1000 rms subs out there. All depends on your budget and the type of bass you like

venomz
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby venomz » June 12th, 2021, 9:22 pm

What is a good sub you will recommend

Every installer pushing thier brand so I’m just flustered with choices

Massive gtx?
DD
Kicker l7
Sundown sa 10

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » June 12th, 2021, 10:46 pm

Personally, from that list...dd for me. Is just the model(might be the red line subs or 3500 series depending on budget).

Then Id go sundown and kicker....all depends on the type of bass you looking for.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » June 12th, 2021, 11:40 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Personally, from that list...dd for me. Is just the model(might be the red line subs or 3500 series depending on budget).

Then Id go sundown and kicker....all depends on the type of bass you looking for.
Just for some insight. And to go along with shakes choice

I came from 2 X8 sundowns box tuned to 30hz on 1500rms and now I have an install with a single 3510esp DD 30hz tuning on the same amp, settings and both boxes were built to spec etc.

Now you may be thinking 2 8s vs single 10, more cone area = louder?? End of story? Yea they were louder but not by much, I can't even find it in me to go back to that x8 setup.

Why? ACCURACY! CLEAN! COOL! This Single 10 has soo much more cone control on the lower notes, its delivery of everything from 25hz-65hz is soo much nicer to listen too and even when I'm acting a fool with the glass down it actually sounds louder and cleaner outside of the vehicle.. at lower casual volumes with the windows up, it has impressed me fully with sensitivity and how little power it takes.

+1 Vote DD

Edit: Did I mention they were both installed in pickups as well. So even with the cab dampening lower than 30hz responses, the DD pulled ahead easily.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » June 13th, 2021, 9:37 am

What about a single, shallow mount 10"?
nick639v2 wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Personally, from that list...dd for me. Is just the model(might be the red line subs or 3500 series depending on budget).

I came from 2 X8 sundowns box tuned to 30hz on 1500rms and now I have an install with a single 3510esp DD 30hz tuning on the same amp, settings and both boxes were built to spec etc.

Now you may be thinking 2 8s vs single 10, more cone area = louder?? End of story? Yea they were louder but not by much, I can't even find it in me to go back to that x8 setup.

Why? ACCURACY! CLEAN! COOL! This Single 10 has soo much more cone control on the lower notes, its delivery of everything from 25hz-65hz is soo much nicer to listen too and even when I'm acting a fool with the glass down it actually sounds louder and cleaner outside of the vehicle.. at lower casual volumes with the windows up, it has impressed me fully with sensitivity and how little power it takes.

+1 Vote DD

Edit: Did I mention they were both installed in pickups as well. So even with the cab dampening lower than 30hz responses, the DD pulled ahead easily.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » June 13th, 2021, 4:40 pm

*KRONIK* wrote:What about a single, shallow mount 10"?
nick639v2 wrote:

+1 Vote DD

You wanna lose your mind with a sealed shallow mount sub? Check out the Stereo Integrity BM mkv shallow sub by jdm. That sub sounds beautiful, very nice sq sub

Firewall
Riding on 16's

Postby Firewall » June 13th, 2021, 8:00 pm

One day in would like to own a DD3515

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 13th, 2021, 10:31 pm

i try to stay away from brand vs brand topics cause taste preference is subjective like everything else in car audio ... an ole saying : what 1 man will say is sh1t another man will say d same thing to him is ice cream

as for installers & shops pushing their brands on ppl : they doing their job to earn them a living , i doubt if u go by massy who sells nissan their salesman will say go buy a toyota or honda instead

my advice is choose a sub that will do well in d freq region u like .... like i said many times b4 : always model subs in box programs b4 u buy ..... if u paying an installer to do ur system then explain exactly what u want

my 2nd piece of advice is if possible cut wood very straight & temporarily screw assemble enclosure without using glue so u can take it apart to do adjusting to ur taste ...

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » June 13th, 2021, 11:24 pm

I was asking in general

Nothing brand specific.

More along the lines of 2 regular sized 8" subs in a ported enclosure VS 1 flat 10 in a ported enclosure...for a pick-up application.

I been out of this car audio thing a while now so i does be lil lost.
nick639v2 wrote:
nick639v2 wrote:

+1 Vote DD

You wanna lose your mind with a sealed shallow mount sub? Check out the Stereo Integrity BM mkv shallow sub by jdm. That sub sounds beautiful, very nice sq sub

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » June 14th, 2021, 5:31 am

My long story.

So about 4 years ago I wrote off my galant and had to use the cy as my everything vehicle. With a baby in the way I didn't want to put myself in the expense of another vehicle. I went from a pair of phoenix gold 12's to now needing my trunk space for stroller etc. Still needed bass.
Tried massive 6.5's, not enough output and lacking low end, went ID 8's, low end not the output I wanted, upgraded to idq8's, accurate but still underwhelming.
Had a pair of old model dd510 sitting around, installed it and was blown away, but enclosure was too large.
Got my hands on a pair of sundown E8, nice speakers but to me over rated, considered the sa8. Decided to try a single dd608 in DD recommended enclosure was blown away, walked in the store and grabbed another. Built my own enclosure with a 4" precision port, and the box can be placed facing up and maintaining most of the trunk room for stroller etc.

Now have another vehicle but I don't need to upgrade, these little Chinese made 8's more than cut it. Only direction I'll go from here is sw2508esp. But I can't justify spending that cash when my itch is being scratched adequately.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » June 14th, 2021, 7:04 am

rollingstock wrote:My long story.

So about 4 years ago I wrote off my galant and had to use the cy as my everything vehicle. With a baby in the way I didn't want to put myself in the expense of another vehicle. I went from a pair of phoenix gold 12's to now needing my trunk space for stroller etc. Still needed bass.
Tried massive 6.5's, not enough output and lacking low end, went ID 8's, low end not the output I wanted, upgraded to idq8's, accurate but still underwhelming.
Had a pair of old model dd510 sitting around, installed it and was blown away, but enclosure was too large.
Got my hands on a pair of sundown E8, nice speakers but to me over rated, considered the sa8. Decided to try a single dd608 in DD recommended enclosure was blown away, walked in the store and grabbed another. Built my own enclosure with a 4" precision port, and the box can be placed facing up and maintaining most of the trunk room for stroller etc.

Now have another vehicle but I don't need to upgrade, these little Chinese made 8's more than cut it. Only direction I'll go from here is sw2508esp. But I can't justify spending that cash when my itch is being scratched adequately.

In short yuh coda say dd ftw :lol: :lol:

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » June 14th, 2021, 9:20 am

When you haven't slept in over 48 hours yuh does type all kinda toots.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » June 14th, 2021, 2:03 pm

I'd go the full size 8s vs the single slim 10. When I model and play around with slim subs, they really show their shortcomings.. DD508 has only 6inch mounting depth. And they sound very nice
*KRONIK* wrote:I was asking in general

Nothing brand specific.

More along the lines of 2 regular sized 8" subs in a ported enclosure VS 1 flat 10 in a ported enclosure...for a pick-up application.

nick639v2 wrote:
nick639v2 wrote:

+1 Vote DD

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 14th, 2021, 4:57 pm

from ever since i accustomed to a certain amt of output & low lows so 6.5 & 8 subs is not for me , i dont see logic buying 2 or more of them or a single expensive high power 8 IF there is space for a bigger sub like at least a 10

imo those lil 6.5 & 8 subs main design purpose is for absolutely limited cuft or speaker\enclosure height\depth limitations to fit like say behind a pickup\van seat

i find it odd when customers come asking for "ah rel loud 8" when they have a full size car\suv\wagon trunk space but their intention is "to show ppl how ah lil 8 cud get orn" or "make ppl feel is a 12 i have" even though they willing to build a full size T-line or folded horn when they dont care how much space such a big enclosure will take up

if ppl just want to be different well no scene ... :|

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » June 14th, 2021, 8:43 pm

Well i asking now cuz all roads pointing to a JL flat sub, so far
But nothing aint buy yet, so i open to other ppl's experiences and inputs

System goals is a rel small ting:
5channel amp
Component in front
Coax on the rear
So i just rel window shopping and reading watching vids, etc
Sub has to fit behind the seat of a hilux, hence the reason i asked about 8" and flat 10"
nick639v2 wrote:I'd go the full size 8s vs the single slim 10. When I model and play around with slim subs, they really show their shortcomings.. DD508 has only 6inch mounting depth. And they sound very nice

Nothing brand specific.

nick639v2 wrote:
nick639v2 wrote:

+1 Vote DD

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » June 14th, 2021, 8:45 pm

Boi
If i coulda thro away my back seat, i was doing that
1 8" or 1 10" in a massive box to get on relllll badddd
....just because
Rovin wrote:from ever since i accustomed to a certain amt of output & low lows so 6.5 & 8 subs is not for me , i dont see logic buying 2 or more of them or a single expensive high power 8 IF there is space for a bigger sub like at least a 10

imo those lil 6.5 & 8 subs main design purpose is for absolutely limited cuft or speaker\enclosure height\depth limitations to fit like say behind a pickup\van seat

i find it odd when customers come asking for "ah rel loud 8" when they have a full size car\suv\wagon trunk space but their intention is "to show ppl how ah lil 8 cud get orn" or "make ppl feel is a 12 i have" even though they willing to build a full size T-line or folded horn when they dont care how much space such a big enclosure will take up

if ppl just want to be different well no scene ... :|

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » June 14th, 2021, 9:02 pm

Behind Hilux seat is really difficult to fit a normal sub. The JL is the better bet.

Firewall
Riding on 16's

Postby Firewall » June 15th, 2021, 6:18 am

*KRONIK* wrote:Well i asking now cuz all roads pointing to a JL flat sub, so far

5channel amp
Component in front
Coax on the rear
Sub has to fit behind the seat of a hilux, hence the reason i asked about 8" and flat 10"

Which model hilux btw?

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » June 15th, 2021, 7:58 am

I figured that much, most installs i see either the seat was pushed forward or they remove the backrest and re-upholstered it
rollingstock wrote:Behind Hilux seat is really difficult to fit a normal sub. The JL is the better bet.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » June 15th, 2021, 7:59 am

Local Champ/vigo shapeed model
Firewall wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:Well i asking now cuz all roads pointing to a JL flat sub, so far

5channel amp
Component in front
Coax on the rear

Which model hilux btw?

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » June 15th, 2021, 8:51 am

*KRONIK* wrote:I figured that much, most installs i see either the seat was pushed forward or they remove the backrest and re-upholstered it
rollingstock wrote:Behind Hilux seat is really difficult to fit a normal sub. The JL is the better bet.

Either that or a center console enclosure.
I have some chupid soundstream stealth flat sub. Real crix pan bass

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » June 15th, 2021, 1:31 pm

5channel amp
Component in front
Coax on the rear
nick639v2 wrote:I'd go the full size 8s vs the single slim 10. When I model and play around with slim subs, they really show their shortcomings.. DD508 has only 6inch mounting depth. And they sound very nice

Nothing brand specific.

nick639v2 wrote:
nick639v2 wrote:

+1 Vote DD

I can tell ya, a JL Tw3 12 hitting just as good as a regular W3. Dunno how they do it, but it's the best flat I heard or used thus far.

I see Fuzz bringing Kicker flats for cheap.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » June 15th, 2021, 5:09 pm

That centre console box is rel drama...IMO
Yes you get the needed volume for the sub but you also leaving your van susceptible to burglary and you cant access the pockets under the seat.
rollingstock wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:I figured that much, most installs i see either the seat was pushed forward or they remove the backrest and re-upholstered it

Either that or a center console enclosure.
I have some chupid soundstream stealth flat sub. Real crix pan bass

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » June 15th, 2021, 5:11 pm

Yea
A lot of ppl advising T-series JL subs
VexXx Dogg wrote:

5channel amp
Component in front
Coax on the rear

Nothing brand specific.

nick639v2 wrote:
nick639v2 wrote:

+1 Vote DD

I can tell ya, a JL Tw3 12 hitting just as good as a regular W3. Dunno how they do it, but it's the best flat I heard or used thus far.

I see Fuzz bringing Kicker flats for cheap.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 15th, 2021, 5:31 pm

1 regular 8 rated around 400 will fit too ...

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”