TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Help with power distribution hiccups....

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

altec
I LUV THIS PLACE

Help with power distribution hiccups....

Postby altec » March 5th, 2021, 9:13 am

Ok...two wire problems encountered since I changed from installing a JBL MS8 DSP to a Helix DSP.3. I planned on using the wires in the pic for power which was perfect for the amps and the JBL DSP. The helix on the other hand cannot accept 8 gauge wire and the manual says 18 gauge. Has anyone seen similar colored 16 or even 14 gauge wire in TT? Second question...I cannot find a 1 amp mini ANL fuse so what can I do to add a fuse to the helix and still use the distro block? My idea is to leave the distro as is, and add an inline glass or blade fuse and fuse holder in a hidden spot.
Attachments
20210305_083220.jpg
20210305_083550.jpg

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Help with power distribution hiccups....

Postby Rovin » March 5th, 2021, 11:58 am

mamoo u know u cuda keep all ur posts in a single build thread & jes change d topic title when u have a question so ppl will easily see it , it can help somebody who doing similar install to have all d info in 1 place ... no scene - i jes saying :)

if u trying to color match speaker wire better u really call around cause of how far u living

as for d fuse , lowest min anl i seeing around is 20A so u might really have to use a glass fuse or blade fuse & its respective holder ...

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kavaninho » March 6th, 2021, 9:19 pm

Use a 20A mini anl in the block and you can put a barrel type 1A fuse downstream the mini ANL before the DSP. As for the matching the color of that speaker wire, you may need to use speaker wire and strip the pair apart.

evolution7tt
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby evolution7tt » March 9th, 2021, 9:16 am

kavaninho's suggestion on the fuse is good to go.

As for the colour of the wire, if you can't find anything similar, you can always put on some braided sleeving to make everything look more uniform.

altec
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby altec » March 20th, 2021, 11:21 am

Morning folks....Because of the tight space for what I want to do, my wiring had compromises with regard to keeping RCAs away from power wires. Is there any problem with running the yellow circled RCA along the red line which is next to power wires? Silver and blue are power, copper/silver are speaker, and black and white are RCA. This is the underside of the board BTW, it will not be seen. However, I have been on a number of recognized mobile audio sights which indicated that the RCA next to power wire is a myth (there is noise introduced, but not in the audible frequencies) that people perpetuated. Essentially the physics was correct but the application was wrong.
Attachments
20210320_105933.jpg

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”