SQ system advice.

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

SQ system advice.

Postby Ted_v2 » October 8th, 2018, 9:23 pm

ok so my system goes like this.
a pair of CDT components Powered by the deck, the deck has two rca outs 2v, 5 band eq. They are currently setup as sub out.
The CDT components are ran passives. Doors are properly dampen ect

My bass amp is a 1k stetsom and the sub is a sealed loudforce 10" in a fiberglass enclosure

overall, my system rocks. Pretty satisfied but the bug has bit.

I was recently checking out the new pioneer decks mainly the DEH-S5000BT, it has time alignment ,network ect badup poor man 80prs. its a little over ah grand for a deck. bt ect

so i was thinking that i could use it in network mode, to eleminate the passives and use the full 50x4 from the deck.
cross the midbasses at whatever and the tweets at whatever. play around with time alignment even tho i dont think its needed. Get a better processor to start with.

network mode does work good? Never met someone that uses the internal amp from the deck before. everyone uses external amps... I might even go with a amp for the front stage soon, but thats the next step after this.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: SQ system advice.

Postby gastly369 » October 8th, 2018, 10:40 pm

Mmmmmm

fatboy slim
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby fatboy slim » October 9th, 2018, 4:33 am

internal amp power on new pioneer decks are sort of weak. You may need a small 4 channel amp to get that extra boost.

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kavaninho » October 9th, 2018, 9:09 am

Ted_v2 wrote:ok so my system goes like this.
a pair of CDT components Powered by the deck, the deck has two rca outs 2v, 5 band eq. They are currently setup as sub out.

My bass amp is a 1k stetsom and the sub is a sealed loudforce 10" in a fiberglass enclosure

I was recently checking out the new pioneer decks mainly the DEH-S5000BT, it has time alignment ,network ect badup poor man 80prs. its a little over ah grand for a deck. bt ect

so i was thinking that i could use it in network mode, to eleminate the passives and use the full 50x4 from the deck.
cross the midbasses at whatever and the tweets at whatever. play around with time alignment even tho i dont think its needed. Get a better processor to start with.

network mode does work good? Never met someone that uses the internal amp from the deck before. everyone uses external amps... I might even go with a amp for the front stage soon, but thats the next step after this.

Done similar before:
Pioneer MVH- X-580BS (Network Mode)
Morel maximo 6.5 Comps (deck powered, actively crossed)
random boss 200 Wrms monoblock powering a pair of JL 6w3v3 upfront.

scores around 70 in SQ(meca)

Since then i replaced the radio to an 80prs. Sometimes I feel for an amplifier for more hard hitting dynamics but 90% of the time I'm generally happy. This system was done using equipment I had available to see how much can be done with so little, turns out you don't need heaps of $ to sound good.

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » October 9th, 2018, 12:53 pm

Next time try iasca :)

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » October 10th, 2018, 9:49 am

Ted_v2 wrote:ok so my system goes like this.

if you'd like to run components through deck power only and u sometimes get the urge for more dynamic sound but not necessarily from having to add another amp then i'd suggest that you save up the extra and go for the 80prs and done...for as long as your into I.C.E a good deck will always benefit you.

going active with the network mode and bypassing the passive is great idea as it will improve the sq from ur equipment substantially. BTW you not getting 50x4 from the deck or any deck for that matter...thats peak power for advertising purposes...also that S5000BT is 2v pre out...the 80prs is 4v. id prefer to get a used 80prs in excellent condition over a new S5000BT tbh...you'd pay around the same price for both get far more tuning power on the 80prs obviously.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » October 10th, 2018, 9:04 pm

appreciate you guys input, seems like im on the right track. Cant justify the 2k for the 80PRS right now, but il def think about it. Thats what i was initially thinking about buying.

Whats the whole idea about the voltage out from headunits? i never fully understood that. i know the gains on the amp could be set according to the voltage out.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » October 11th, 2018, 11:54 am

a good head unit is THE most important part of any system

in layman non too technical terms : higher volt preout usually means a stronger cleaner signal

always remember gain is not a volume knob

will be easier for u just youtube for an explanation & how to set ur gains ...

https://www.youtube.com/user/CarAudioFabrication/videos

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”