Forums

IASCA in Grenada..?

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Brian Steele
3NE2NR is my LIFE

IASCA in Grenada..?

Postby Brian Steele » June 10th, 2018, 11:14 pm

Looks like there were two trini IASCA officials up here for the SP's International car show that was held this weekend. Looks like they knew their stuff. Pity no-one showed up in time for the sound quality part of the competition though. Grenadians... some of them would be late for their own funeral, LOL. Most of the competitors started showing up around 4PM...

I was tempted to take part, but didn't feel comfortable doing so, knowing that there was still a bit of work to be done on the car - the Seas tweeters needed replacing because it looks like the ferrofluid had dried up or something and there was noticeable distortion at certain frequencies at higher SPL levels. They're being replaced with Dayton ND28Fs, but that required rebuilding the x-overs a bit too - a job that took me seven hours to finish today (sigh). Good thing I didn't rush home and try to get them in like some of my friends were encouraging me to do yesterday...!

Pictured are the defending champion from last year, who from the looks of it has upgraded the sub stage in his car to two 18" DDs in a vented box. The second one was taken in the middle the x-over rebuilding I was doing today. More pictures of the cars how can be found on Facebook by just doing a search for SP's International.

P6090048.jpg
34984655_10155371443132019_1471402422051012608_o.jpg

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Re: IASCA in Grenada..?

Postby SR » June 15th, 2018, 6:39 am

Yes we were invited by the promoter and currently working with them to have grenada registered under iasca caribbean as well as conduct competitor and judges training soon. Was a very good event some people seemed shy to compete. We did some coverage and pics are posted on iasca caribbeans fb page.

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kavaninho » June 15th, 2018, 11:50 am

SR how is their car audio culture compared to ours?

Brian Steele
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Brian Steele » June 16th, 2018, 12:41 pm

SR wrote:Yes we were invited by the promoter and currently working with them to have grenada registered under iasca caribbean as well as conduct competitor and judges training soon. Was a very good event some people seemed shy to compete. We did some coverage and pics are posted on iasca caribbeans fb page.

There was no way I was going to do that with the car in the state that it was in, LOL. The rear tweeters needed replacing, and the x-overs adjusted accordingly, and I knew it was NOT going to take just an hour or two like they suggested. And I discovered yesterday that almost 10 years of being mounted in a car door finally got to the SF drivers in one of the rear doors (sigh). I did say that I would up a car to compete in the SQ test next year, now it's just a matter of deciding on which one...

Brian Steele
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Brian Steele » June 16th, 2018, 12:56 pm

Oh, some more pictures here on my FB page, though not much emphasis on the car audio part. I didn't stick around for the SPL tests - the flu and the hot sun got the better of me.

https://www.facebook.com/brian.steele1/ ... 018&type=3

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”