Forums

Exodus Anarchy, 554 Mids

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Exodus Anarchy, 554 Mids

Postby nervewrecker » April 16th, 2018, 9:00 pm

Never really seen these around here until x-factor started his build. They have been around awhile and this will be the cheapest I have seen em so picked up a pair. Replaced a set of morel elates 6.5" as I was feeling to try something different.

Link to speaker

https://www.diysoundgroup.com/anarchy55-4ohm.html

Pics:

Some beefy little animals, I wont compare it to other speakers as it not a comparison thread but if you on a budget and looking for some bang, these are a pretty good option. Will play from approx 63hz to 3khz easy, I think mine are crossed at 50hz iirc.

Specs:

Rated RMS Power: 70 Watts
Rated Max Power: 140 Watts
Impedance: 4 Ohm
Sensitivity: db 1w/1m
Frequency Response: 40hz -3750hz

Magnet: Ferrite
Overall Diamater: mm
Cutout Diameter mm
Mounting Depth mm
Weight:

Re:
Le: mH
Impedance: 4 Ohm
Fs: Hz
Qts:
Qes:
Qms
Vas:
Bl:
Sd: cm^2
Xmax: 9mm

Some vids:

No sub in the vids.

As said before, they can do some damage and sound pretty good.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Re: Exodus Anarchy, 554 Mids

Postby nick639v2 » April 16th, 2018, 10:31 pm

Question for you.. how well you think they will play off less power.

Maybe even back dash replacement of 6x9s with a little 50rms each?

Or

I have one of these coming in..

Thinking to use the similar 7" speakers in a 3 way setup.. i like them alot for the price

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » April 17th, 2018, 4:55 pm

Truth be told they a bit power hungry but do well at lower volumes.

Brian Steele
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Brian Steele » April 17th, 2018, 8:33 pm

A lot of the specs seem to be missing.

A 9mm Xmax is nice, but I want to see what the sensitivity is like for these things.

This is the beast I'd like to try out some day, but I don't think I'll find any cars with doors deep enough to hold it :) - https://www.parts-express.com/tang-band ... r--264-874

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » April 17th, 2018, 8:42 pm

I realise a lot of specs are missing. The specs for the 6" seem to be more available and the reviews were nice so I said wth, leme give em a try.

My guess will be a low sensitivity as it does take a bit of power to "get loud" but in all fairness i am comparing a 5" driver to a 6". It does handle power pretty good but you know me, I wont push it.

Link not working btw brian. Have me curious as to what it is you been eyeing.

Brian Steele
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Brian Steele » April 17th, 2018, 9:21 pm

nervewrecker wrote:Link not working btw brian. Have me curious as to what it is you been eyeing.

I'm not sure why it's not working for you. Look up "Tang Band W6-1721" on the Parts Express website.

I always measure the t/s parameters (and in the case of drivers designed for duty above 80 Hz, frequency response too) of any drivers that I order anyway. I recently received an order for two Silver-Flute 6.5" drivers, to the place the ones in my front doors that after 10 years of continuous use, are showing the audible impact of water damage to their cones (increased THD between 500 Hz and 1kHz and "cone cry" at higher volumes). One was shipped that appeared to be way off spec (Qes too high, everything else virtually identical). Madisound's shipping one free to me as a replacement. Great company to work with.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » April 17th, 2018, 9:39 pm

Brian Steele wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:Link not working btw brian. Have me curious as to what it is you been eyeing.

I'm not sure why it's not working for you. Look up "Tang Band W6-1721" on the Parts Express website.

I always measure the t/s parameters (and in the case of drivers designed for duty above 80 Hz, frequency response too) of any drivers that I order anyway. I recently received an order for two Silver-Flute 6.5" drivers, to the place the ones in my front doors that after 10 years of continuous use, are showing the audible impact of water damage to their cones (increased THD between 500 Hz and 1kHz and "cone cry" at higher volumes). One was shipped that appeared to be way off spec (Qes too high, everything else virtually identical). Madisound's shipping one free to me as a replacement. Great company to work with.

I glimpsed it recently when soundstream 626 had me checking out stuff he bought. Just moved along because of the sheer size of it.
I think kurpalv2 had / have silver flutes in his doors. Very impressive for the price.

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » April 17th, 2018, 9:51 pm

Tang Band is expensive af...

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » April 17th, 2018, 10:05 pm

racedriverpro wrote:Tang Band is expensive af...

Dont let the name play with your head. They build for a lot of companies. The sub in the logitec z5500 is a tang band.

Many have used the 3" bamboo as a wideband on a budget (not that kinda wideband you gas brain) and had some good reviews. I have been tempted but the only wideband id try is the hybrid L3, can never get fed up of them. Soundstream 626 is using....wait for it....faital pro. And it sounds really great. The faital is another popular choice on a budget.

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kavaninho » April 18th, 2018, 5:51 pm

nervewrecker wrote:
racedriverpro wrote:Tang Band is expensive af...

Dont let the name play with your head. They build for a lot of companies. The sub in the logitec z5500 is a tang band.

Many have used the 3" bamboo as a wideband on a budget (not that kinda wideband you gas brain) and had some good reviews. I have been tempted but the only wideband id try is the hybrid L3, can never get fed up of them. Soundstream 626 is using....wait for it....faital pro. And it sounds really great. The faital is another popular choice on a budget.

I've used the 3" bamboo cone in a tweeterless install on my A pillar and worked out well.

Brian Steele
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Brian Steele » April 18th, 2018, 9:01 pm

The 7" version of the Anarchy driver has a rated sensitivity of 86.5dB. The 5" version is likely to have a lower sensitivity. In comparison the sensitivity of the SF 6.5" driver is 91.5dB. That suggests that the Anarchy driver is going to require 3 times the power to achieve the same output. Of course at lower frequencies Xmax becomes more important, but as we're talking about door drivers, it's a bit less important than say if these were being used as subwoofers. I actually cut of my door speakers pretty high, around 160 Hz at times (I play with the setting, but it never goes down below 100 Hz). Doors do not make great enclosures for bass reproduction, and THD measurements will bear that out.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » May 17th, 2021, 11:31 pm

Been on and off painkillers for the last few weeks so I been a bit in and out of it. Used my spare time at nights to put together these enclosures bit by bit over the last few weeks. They clean, clear and loud. The neighbors asked me for copies of my tunes. They were hearing everything during the hammering session and these speakers did not back down.

a bit conservative on the volume here as it was very late.

earlier this evening I was listening music soft enough to hear yourself breathe and it could be heard at the front of the house.

They are meant to be used with a subwoofer but damn they stayed clear even into sub duty.

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”