TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Audio installation on Honda Vezel Hybrid (?)

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: Audio installation on Honda Vezel Hybrid (?)

Postby nervewrecker » June 29th, 2018, 6:59 pm

Yup, I think the guy that was with jbl is now behind this brand.
Has a guy with an audiofrog sticker that frequents south. Donno if is just a sticker

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kavaninho » July 5th, 2018, 5:03 pm

any updates? Post build pics if you start :)

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 5th, 2018, 6:21 pm

kavaninho wrote:any updates? Post build pics if you start :)

Men sticking out here. You're the only one on point :/
I have a major change of plan regarding equipment because of the new layout I want. I'll holla at you via fb.
I might have to go to plan B, because my original plan of getting stuff installed at the shop I'm buying from nuh really working out. I'll prob the major pieces of my build and check you for the install.

Basically I want this:

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/1077037-post5.html

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 5th, 2018, 6:27 pm

This means I'm going with a false floor approach, getting a 400-600rms flat sub like the JLtw3 or tw5.
Still want a 5 channel amp, but looking for something that giving me a good balance of power, filter/xover/slope control, size and cost.

I love the Arc Audio XDi 1100.5, but it's a little higher than I can spring for in the budget. 3.5k max for amp.

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kavaninho » July 5th, 2018, 6:47 pm

Nice , no problem feel free to message on facebook

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 6th, 2018, 2:37 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:This means I'm going with a false floor approach, getting a 400-600rms flat sub like the JLtw3 or tw5.
Still want a 5 channel amp, but looking for something that giving me a good balance of power, filter/xover/slope control, size and cost.

I love the Arc Audio XDi 1100.5, but it's a little higher than I can spring for in the budget. 3.5k max for amp.
I think rovin has a phoneix gold 5ch

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 6th, 2018, 2:54 pm

thnx, I sent him a msg.

Wonder if it's the ti2 1600.5? yummy

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » July 6th, 2018, 3:25 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:thnx, I sent him a msg.

Wonder if it's the ti2 1600.5? yummy

Lemme just throw some gas on Yuh fire na

You asked for power??? This is mine birthsheet.... Ssshhhhh

You asked for pin point xovers and control... It works by 'clicks' or 'notches' while turning the knob and you get that precise freq..

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 6th, 2018, 3:40 pm

Is that the same amp he has up for sale?

Or you already scooped it up?

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » July 6th, 2018, 4:12 pm

nervewrecker wrote:Is that the same amp he has up for sale?

Or you already scooped it up?

Na this is my personal i had hiding. I bought the first 2 ever brought in by Steve's.. this one and the other i sold right on tuner, its powering a pair of dayton subs in Tobago.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 6th, 2018, 4:20 pm

Men be having thing up in here yes.

Maybe when we meet up we will exchange demos. I scrapoing my system next week tho..

We need an ICE meet and greet a day yunno. Like how the iasca events used to be.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » July 6th, 2018, 5:56 pm

If you guys see my ratchet setup in this van you will wanna know wtf i really doing after how my wingroad was...

I scrapping as well, soon will be giving up the 2 sundown sa8s from the van. I just used random bits that was lying around this year, pure ratchet install, not impressive at all.. cheap mids on seat an thing :/

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kavaninho » July 6th, 2018, 6:34 pm

those PGs were on sale super cheap a few months ago at steves..

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 6th, 2018, 8:43 pm

I have the JL audio XD700/5, well over 5 years - never really impressed with it. Actually had another one in my legacy, could not be beat for size, small power and ok cost. Want a bit more bass now.

All my cars to date have had 5 channels, from my very first Autotek, to my second autotek, then to the JL line. 5 channels are my thing.

Was thinking about the JL RD 900/5, but it has way less features than the XD. That's 3600.

The XD1000/5 and HD900/5 is like 4300 and 6700 respectively. Def out of budget.

The Arc Audio 850.5 is nice, but similarly powered to the JL. Don't want to be underwhelmed. That's 3k.
The Arc Audio 1100.5 has nice power spec and features, but it's 4k.

The Helix G5 is what I really really wanted, but it's physically too big for what I wanna do (17x10x2). Power rating, features etc, is spot on. That's about 3k

The DD D5.1000 is prolly the most powerful of the bunch, but I've never used DD and for some reason it strikes me as a gallery type amp rather than quality oriented. Could be wrong. That's 3.5k Good physical size too. 15x5x2

Zapco has nice stuff, but is low on subout. like 300rms or so. Very similar to the XD700/5 power.

The PG has some of the features I want and the size is spot on. not sure of price. Prolly the 2nd most powerful 5 channel I've seen.

The Clef Audio is also nice, but a bit on the low side for sub out. 3500 or so I think.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 6th, 2018, 8:52 pm

Men have used sundown in sq comps already.

The DD puts out what is put in. Simple as that. Some with better ears than mine have begged to differ that not all are equal. Some add coloration etc etc etc

I agree to an extent and that is with cheaper amps. I was not pleased with the Rockford prime line. Men have used orion cobalt in sq comps and did well already. I have used the said amplifier and replaced it with a powerbass asa 400.4, cant tell the difference in sound. The powerbass sounds better if anything. Guts of some have been posted showing they share the same guts as the image dynamics amps but I dont wanna get into that.

Best advice I can give is start with a good set of speakers and buy an amp that is not at the bottom of the barrel. If you like the DD, then by all means, go for it.

I intend to recycle the powerbass from under my subaru seat in my new build as a matter of fact.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 6th, 2018, 8:54 pm

Id also neglect looking for an active xover network on an amp since head units have evolved making those redundant in this day and age. Should add confusion in tuning if anything.

I use the xover network on the 80prs and it had been more than sufficient for me.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 6th, 2018, 8:56 pm

This is not a comp system by any means, but my listening styles have changed and I have an appreciation for a good sounding system rather than just loud. My only carryover from noise days is I have a weakness for hard hitting lows.

I feel I'm looking for a holy grail of stealth/space retention, high sound quality and cost.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 6th, 2018, 9:04 pm

I sent Steve's a message. let's see if it's in stock.
Plan B is probably to blow the budget and spring for the Arc Audio 1100.5 :)

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 6th, 2018, 9:10 pm

How the price on the dd vs the pg and arc?

Mine is not a sq competition build either. I am using the term sq loosely as its more of an in car system designed to get fairly loud and remain clean so I can listen any and everything.
Heard some sq competition systems for the sq bangout already and they did get pretty loud.

A lot of what you would find in sq comps are in my vehicles so maybe what I am saying is debatable though.

I find 1kw on bass for an in car system kinda insane as I have heard 600watts doing proper damage.

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kavaninho » July 6th, 2018, 9:58 pm

I've used the dd1000.5 already and its very powerful for its size. The downside is that DD hasn't got the class d fullrange channels up to par with other manufacturers. Coming from a JL audio amplifier you would definitely denote a difference. That being said the DD is still a great amp and one of the best choices when looking for a powerful 5ch on a budget.

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » July 6th, 2018, 10:05 pm

u need to look at diy forums and ebay
a co worker recently got the 1100.5 for 300usd

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » July 6th, 2018, 11:07 pm

PG amp i had in my store was sold about 2 mths ago & it was a 1000rms 2ohm mono [sounded really smooth & tonal when i tested it b4 selling]

PG imo is still a fairly good mid level brand but with all these newbies into car audio aka 25-30yr & under crowd it wasnt a big seller in my shop , often heard "dise a new brand come our orrr , or never heard of dat brand" ... same talk with memphis , incriminator , even zapco too :roll:

i still have a couple pairs of PG 6.5 & 6x9 coax in mys shop , great balanced smooth tweeters on those that average person wud say "it sounding kinda low" compared to other brands with bright tweeters , u know how trinis are .... :roll:

steves really piped out their PG stuff iirc was around easter time , men who really know PG rel gt with that once in a blue moon sale cause in a matter of days most of it sold out ....

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 6th, 2018, 11:32 pm

I checked them for the sale, a lot of it was older model stuff not even on PG website.

Doh mind paying non-sale price if they have this particular amp. It reminds me of the old school ones from the 90's - a kinda white one but those were beasts

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » July 7th, 2018, 12:22 am

^^^ yes what they had was a couple yrs ago models but was still good new old stock

have heard that xd JL 5chan in a customers car & imo it sounded very good for what it is & how small it is

5 chan amps , i have sold & worked them but i never put any in my own ride since most of them averaged 300-500rms on sub chan - not enough bass for me , they a bit pricey too , few 100s more got u a 2\4 chan & a mono with about 50-100% power

for my daily use its always 1000rms on bass , even i wud probably average 1\2 of it during daily driving , just gotta have that 1k handy when u wanna crank a favorite or heavy low bass song

i used to run sealed boxes long time or if ported was tuned near 30hz , for daily use in car listening never ever was into that high tuned crap & loud speakers .... always comps or coax car audio speaker

Past few yrs i'm into flat response enclosures tuned mid to lower 20s , silky like a seal with output of a ported ... still with a 1000rms on bass on a 12" & a pair of 6.5" memphis comps running off "just deck power" on front doors , sounds like it has a amp on it & keeps up with of 95% of songs

Deck is a pio 4400dvd running active straight to speakers & bass amp - no preamp or cross , never was a fan of any . Good head unit to amp\s is how my own systems are set up , i like good sound but i'm not a anal audiophile ...

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 7th, 2018, 9:21 am

This kind of discussion is why I joined tuner many years ago. Thanks for your feedback guys.
We'll see how this goes.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 7th, 2018, 8:03 pm

Called steve's and they laughed when I asked for that ti2 5 channel.
sold out LOOOOOOOONG time
:\

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » July 7th, 2018, 10:26 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:Called steve's and they laughed when I asked for that ti2 5 channel.
sold out LOOOOOOOONG time
:\

Sorry i now see your last set of posts man. They put up sale to sell the last one, wasn't even the ti2, false advertising... But they did give the guy I sent the ti version 1..

Anyway op how ready you are for the amp? Gimme till end of August na and i may link you if you still searching.

I need to get a demo on some 6fe100 on proper power and xover to make up my mind first. Just can't seem to get it right in this navara with how low speaker placements are. Fml

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 7th, 2018, 10:30 pm

Hoping to link all my system components by early august.
Aiming to build system by mid august before school starts back so I can enjoy my noise when I stewing in traffic :)

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » July 7th, 2018, 10:34 pm

^^ heard... Tomorrow i will be contacting dualstar for a pricing on the Rockford slim, so i will let you know too seeing as you looking to go slim in false floor

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 7th, 2018, 11:33 pm

I have the p3 shallow 10 right now in my van. It's ok in sealed, but I have it just below the recommended 0.5cuft. I might redo the enclosure for 1 cuft ported to wake it up.

hoping for more juice from the JL

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”