TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

SQ songs?

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nareshseep
punchin NOS

Postby nareshseep » April 21st, 2009, 10:25 am

Hook wrote:mines can differentiate the 192 mp3's from original discs so even tho space is compromised, ripping at 256/320kb gives me a bit of both scenarios...better than 192kb but I can still store multiple albums on one disc...the VBR WMAs have their merits but...*sigh* y can't they invent a *.ape disc player jed?!

or a flac player?

- Rovin's car audio -
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby - Rovin's car audio - » April 21st, 2009, 11:52 am

dont bother to listen to anything less than 320kbps since it come like u wasting time

when i 1st got internet long time i used to think 128 was good & since i had dial up was 20-mins to get a friggin song so was level 128 back then ...somehow i never find d highs used to sound good but then i knew after ....especially when u have comps u can easily hear d faults in a poor download - does make ur good speakers sound like sh1t

as for tuning : buy d damn original Iasca SQ CD & done ...[end of thread] .... :lol:

Sully
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sully » April 22nd, 2009, 7:07 am

or a flac player?

Install Rockbox on an mp3 player that suppoets it, and you'll have yourself a flac player.

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » April 22nd, 2009, 8:15 am

(...Rovin...) wrote:dont bother to listen to anything less than 320kbps since it come like u wasting time

when i 1st got internet long time i used to think 128 was good & since i had dial up was 20-mins to get a friggin song so was level 128 back then ...somehow i never find d highs used to sound good but then i knew after ....especially when u have comps u can easily hear d faults in a poor download - does make ur good speakers sound like sh1t

as for tuning : buy d damn original Iasca SQ CD & done ...[end of thread] .... :lol:

since last year when i bought my first set of dls comps, i stopped with the download music....originals ftw

Soundstream_626
Riding on 17's

Postby Soundstream_626 » April 22nd, 2009, 12:26 pm

melody gardot - who will comfort me

extremely well recorded

vocal : centered , trumpet : to the right , tom tom : left , acoustic guitar : left

tambourine : right , upright bass : i believe its just right of center

her entire album " my one and only thrill" is an audiophile recording , the genre is jazz/blues . the instruments especially the drums sound extremely natural and this girl has a hell of a voice

if anyone wants a flac version of the track pm me

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » September 29th, 2009, 12:43 am

what stuff u guys know that has decent subsonics?

nareshseep
punchin NOS

Postby nareshseep » September 29th, 2009, 10:00 am

The cars - greatest hits best

De Hero
Street 2NR

Postby De Hero » September 29th, 2009, 9:40 pm

How do I play FLAC files in the car ? I did Rockbox my Sansa player. But the Pioneer deck wont recognise FLAC.

BTW does anyone reccomend a lossless format that the Pio WILL recognise ?

Am using EAC to rip - at 320kbps - to a wav file. Not sure if better can be done.

Any guidance will be appreciated.

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » September 29th, 2009, 10:58 pm

if u hav usb, i just rip to 320 and leave it as a wav file
thats where a 16gb flash drive rocks!!

De Hero
Street 2NR

Postby De Hero » September 30th, 2009, 6:46 pm

X_Factor wrote:if u hav usb, i just rip to 320 and leave it as a wav file
thats where a 16gb flash drive rocks!!

Ok Cool.

Sully
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sully » October 1st, 2009, 7:51 am

De Hero wrote:How do I play FLAC files in the car ? I did Rockbox my Sansa player. But the Pioneer deck wont recognise FLAC.

Am using EAC to rip - at 320kbps - to a wav file. Not sure if better can be done.

I thought that rockbox would have worked, I guess it doesn't output to the deck as audio, it still sends the encoded file.

Another option (albeit for ipods) is to encode using the apple lossless codec.

De Hero
Street 2NR

Postby De Hero » October 1st, 2009, 2:18 pm

Sully wrote:
De Hero wrote:How do I play FLAC files in the car ? I did Rockbox my Sansa player. But the Pioneer deck wont recognise FLAC.

I thought that rockbox would have worked, I guess it doesn't output to the deck as audio, it still sends the encoded file.

Another option (albeit for ipods) is to encode using the apple lossless codec.

Yes the connection is USB with the Pio recognising the Sansa as a Mass storage device.

adopson
Street 2NR

Postby adopson » October 2nd, 2009, 6:00 am

Madonna - holiday.........that song causes my door to be raped... and well off course the rattling upholstery.. try phill collins live album too they are best... but it tends to be very expensive because most ah dm is two disc..
listen to the song track another day in paradise or jus play the new demarco wat jus come out... or sum movado....

Sully
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sully » October 2nd, 2009, 6:17 am

On the pioneer site AAC is listed as one of the formats that can be played by some of the mid to higher end units. You could try encoding to apple lossless and try it. I don't know if the sansa would support playback of AAC. That's another thing to try.

De Hero
Street 2NR

Postby De Hero » October 2nd, 2009, 11:31 am

Sully wrote:On the pioneer site AAC is listed as one of the formats that can be played by some of the mid to higher end units. You could try encoding to apple lossless and try it. I don't know if the sansa would support playback of AAC. That's another thing to try.

An interesting suggestion - I know my Pio can read AAC from the spec sheet. But have not done a lot of research on this format - however a quick wikipedia shows that is is a lossy format, albeit a better lossy format. I also see that it is a favorite Apple format.

Apple lossless - from reading a bit about Apple files on the pro-Rockbox sites I am inclined to stay away from the whole Digital Rights Management scene that Apple is on. Many music mad folks out there compare Apple to the devil himself in the way they Apple seek to protect files from being copied.

I am not sure where I stand on the moral side of the issue but just in case staying away from Apple files for now.

More research on Lossless formats to be done by me - I kind of see from how the cost of flash and other memory is coming down in price and up in capacity why lossless makes so much more sense now than in previous years.

Moreover some argue that with the digital age / MP3 generation thing happening - recordings on CD have lost quality..........if people can be happy with 128bit then why waste time and money in the studio?

dohc
Riding on 13's

Postby dohc » October 6th, 2009, 9:30 pm

3-6 marfia late night tip

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » October 7th, 2009, 2:51 pm

X_Factor wrote:what stuff u guys know that has decent subsonics?

The great adventure album. It has a track with the dino stomping in jurassic park with 10 hz content.

I personally have never heard a sub system produce much content below 24 Hz, but you can try for yourself.

If you have a DVD player, stomps from Treebeard, and when the plane carrying Padme lands on the platform, just before it blows up, both have low bass content.

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Hook » October 7th, 2009, 3:24 pm

yuh know I never edited the post I made in this thread till I heard it in a SQ car over the wknd and was reminded of it...with a few more additions..here goes

Hook wrote:so with all these tunes u folks call...the only person who explained why he chose some of them was SR...why do u guys like these songs for SQ?

my personal favourites are:
Toto:
Rosanna (for the ghost notes on the snare drum EDIT: and the pre-chorus drum fill that pans left to right)
Africa (for the cow bell in the EDIT: INTRO of the original version on the far right)
EDIT:I won't Hold You Back Now (the brass accompanyment with the main guitar solo is done first by trombome and then french horn..the difference should be clear as the first has a much lower component (u should almost be able to feel it in your doors/kick midbass) and the second is more ambient sounding)

Rush:
Show Don't Tell (for the roto-tom intro...but basically all Rush songs have very busy basslines that a good system should keep up with)

Sarah McLachlan (Mirrorball):
Sweet Surrender (pinch harmonics on the intro)
Fear (extreme left/right panning on the back-up vocals near end of intro and hi-hat tapping before the verse)
Posession (plenty to listen to there...esp two stick clicks before drum fill intro)

Sade:
Ordinary Love (lead vocal is dead centre and bass sounds 'bubbly' with the synth)
Cherish the Day (from the Lover's Live album...bass creeps in at the middle of the first verse...a proper EQ/XO setting won't get the fade from front stage to sub on the bass fill)
Pearls (voice/synth and EQ on her voice on the album can highlight the faults in ur high-mid settings)

Nirvana (Unplugged...entire album, Cobain's voice is dead centre and everything else pans out)

Roxette:
Listen to Your Heart (low bass note before the verse is easy to muddy up)
EDIT: Must've Been Love (in the tune itself there are triangle/chime sounds that plays very specific rhythm patterns on the extreme left and right..good for EQing as most systems don't properly play above 14kHz anyway and good for checking channel separation)

The Carpenters:
I Need to Be in Love (for the harp and flute on the intro)
EDIT: All You Get From Love is A Love Song (hall reverb on the percussion intro that pans centre to left and the scratcher on the extreme right...also the snare sound as it comes in by itself has a very "wet" sound altho it sounds like it was recorded in isolation as it's dead centre)

Fourplay:
any song, any album...lots to listen to...very processed instruments but their percussion line is busy enough to keep u listening out for stuff

thas about all I can remember off the top of my head, but thas the bulk of it

Chiney
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Chiney » October 27th, 2009, 11:18 am

bump

evo-STI-k

Postby evo-STI-k » October 27th, 2009, 12:48 pm

so what songs do you USUALLY use for Centering??? forget the tonality part!

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » October 28th, 2009, 7:26 am

Sade - ordinary love

evolution7tt
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby evolution7tt » October 28th, 2009, 4:41 pm

Michael Buble - Me and Mrs. Jones

angel_player
3NE 2NR for life

Re: SQ songs?

Postby angel_player » June 1st, 2010, 9:44 am

BUMP!!
I was actually searching for this thread... thought it very interesting and well alot of the good songs have been mentioned, I imagine there is quite a lot more to be added

I would like to add to the list: Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler (the extended 7:02 album version) I like this song because her voice tonality is very distinctive and goes quite well with the pure 80's instrumental background. The crashes in the instrumental very efficiently introduces each new part of the song. Bonnie's voice also does well to introduce each anti-climax and chorus climax. The entire songs goes higher and higher in each line and leads up to the following, when her moods just explodes....

Every now and then I fall apart
(Turn around bright eyes)

And I need you now tonight
And I need you more than ever
And if you'll only hold me tight
We'll be holding on forever
And we'll only be making it right
Cause we'll never be wrong together
We can take it to the end of the line
Your love is like a shadow on me all of the time
I don't know what to do and I'm always in the dark
We're living in a powder keg and giving off sparks
I really need you tonight
Forever's gonna start tonight

certified_dealer
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby certified_dealer » June 1st, 2010, 10:34 pm

bump all my favorite sq songs here but this one

celine dion-if that's what it takes

carfreak1024
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby carfreak1024 » June 1st, 2010, 10:53 pm

elton john: your song (the imaging effects in this song are rell good, well in my car they were)
elton john: Candle in the Wind (rell smooth vocals) not the Princess Diana version, the Marilyn Monroe version
Journey:midnight train, open arms. This man voice is rell bring out the vocals in my set. He transfers from low pitch to high pitch often as well. Which really lets your sets versatility come out

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » August 28th, 2010, 1:51 am

just got this album
Sting&the police
and man, thats a really good album!
almost all the songs are hits....cant wait to play it in the morning

- Rovin's car audio -
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby - Rovin's car audio - » August 28th, 2010, 2:28 am

been listening to the police since when they were new & i still do - back then was level vinyl record & cassette tape in ur tail lol .... :lol:

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » August 28th, 2010, 6:49 am

anything by diana krall, Holly cole, nora roberts, fleetwood mac , dave matthews and pink floyd generally because of thier recordings and the type of music they entail. Very challenging to elicit the rasp and clarity of jazz singers without getting lispy and the sultry bass notes that flow over them. Jazz is really best for sq IMO.

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » August 28th, 2010, 6:50 am

angel_player wrote:BUMP!!
I was actually searching for this thread... thought it very interesting and well alot of the good songs have been mentioned, I imagine there is quite a lot more to be added

I would like to add to the list: Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler (the extended 7:02 album version) I like this song because her voice tonality is very distinctive and goes quite well with the pure 80's instrumental background. The crashes in the instrumental very efficiently introduces each new part of the song. Bonnie's voice also does well to introduce each anti-climax and chorus climax. The entire songs goes higher and higher in each line and leads up to the following, when her moods just explodes....

(Turn around bright eyes)
Every now and then I fall apa

And I need you now tonight
And I need you more than ever
And if you'll only hold me tight
We'll be holding on forever
And we'll only be making it right
Cause we'll never be wrong together
We can take it to the end of the line
Your love is like a shadow on me all of the time
I don't know what to do and I'm always in the dark
We're living in a powder keg and giving off sparks
I really need you tonight

this song is orgasmic lol....

infinite_RPM
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby infinite_RPM » August 28th, 2010, 2:31 pm

download "exact audio copy" it can rip in a few lossless formats including lossless wma,wav etc... and it automatically labels the songs once its from an original cd...

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”