TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Trying My Hand at the Loud Thing..UPDATE #3 MORE PICS.

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Re: Trying My Hand at the Loud Thing..UPDATE #2 MORE PICS.

Postby Aaron 2NR » February 1st, 2014, 6:27 am

To each his own yes

Its horrible....

Lance
punchin NOS

Postby Lance » February 1st, 2014, 1:59 pm

Bro,

Keep doing your thing. The important thing is that you are making progress as time passes.

The only think I would look at would be the buss bar that you tapped off from the distribution block. Is that +ve? If so, I would try to insulate it just incase something grounds on it.

Keep posting updates!

Aaron 2NR wrote:To each his own yes

Its horrible....

What's your point of reference?

Did the guy you pay to do your install send you pictures?

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » February 1st, 2014, 4:53 pm

I can speak for industrial which would follow similar codes and practices. If I see work like that I fail it one time....anyways lemme make my exit yes....

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 1st, 2014, 7:06 pm

It may not be the neatest but they all look secure and they are lot neater and secure than 95% of what I see out here.

Keep it coming meng.

carfreak1024
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby carfreak1024 » February 2nd, 2014, 3:01 pm

Lance wrote:Bro,

The only thing I would look at would be the buss bar that you tapped off from the distribution block. Is that +ve? If so, I would try to insulate it just incase something grounds on it.

Thanks for the concern bro, but it is not a direct current wire. That block is all remote wires and with everything secured like it is nothing is going anywhere.

With regards to the issue i was having with the remote wire. It ended up being an update that needed to be put on the 3sixty.3 that i never did. Now when playing the voltage on the remote stays at 12.8 which is not as high as the rest of the voltage in the car but it works.

On the Other Hand, I apparently read Aaron's initial comment wrong and made myself look like something of an @$$. I'm the kinda guy that doesn't really get phased by that kinda thing though, phewwww. Like water on a duck back.

The good thing about it i guess is that I am happy with how my system sounds and looks. However, this is a forum and the whole point of the forum is to learn things from a group of people who share a collective interest. I would greatly appreciate it if Aaron would comment back and say exactly what is horrible so that i can get a chance to LEARN and fix it if it is indeed incorrect. I mean what kinda person is comment and say the thing looked horrible and then "make yuh exit".

In all honesty, your comment had less detail about the problem that you saw than this person's comment about your system.

chosen1 wrote:what is soo goood or excellent about this install??

straight forward stock speaker replacement, mdf box behind the seat, single amp, single processor mounted in no sepctacular fashion.

upgrade in sound, yes...nothing special about the install.

Lastly: I didn't put the build up to boast that i am the best at doing anything or to try and get business or any kinda crazy thing so. While constructing every piece of this system i was on the phone with EXPERIENCED guys from trinidad and florida working out the proper way to do things. I will take 100% responsibility for the wiring if there are any faults though as I did that myself.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » February 3rd, 2014, 6:22 pm

I just happy I seeing a new build log for once

go strong

kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby kurpal_v2 » February 4th, 2014, 1:29 am

Post more pics

carfreak1024
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby carfreak1024 » February 4th, 2014, 1:49 am

Will do fellas, I trying my best to work on her but this week I have 3 Midterms. Guess thats what you get for taking 6 engineering classes. Hoping to make more progress by Friday. Took it to a show tonight, got kicked out for playing the music "too loud" by american standards.

I guess that's mission semi-accomplished.

PS: I'm linking up with a fellow tuner and friend of mine, pimptacular, to help me with the tuning of the system. He got a small taste of it, but it isn't done yet. Will take pictures of that and finishing the trunk.

I have that one panel to build that covers the battery as well as the mounting for the additional battery. Then i have to upholster over the doors. I covered them in 40 degree celsius weather and now that its hot the material is lifting. Going to get some stronger adhesive and do it over. Also want to make the grills for the speakers but not sure how to go about doing that.

1UZFE
punchin NOS

Postby 1UZFE » February 4th, 2014, 5:52 am

Cant wait to see and hear the final product. Good work bro keep it up.

kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby kurpal_v2 » February 4th, 2014, 11:56 am

Pimptacular and those undercover gallery feelz

pimptacular
30 pounds of Boost

Postby pimptacular » February 4th, 2014, 5:44 pm

:lol: boom shush, i still have my same setup from world finals a few years ago with some minor changes

well the man said he would check me an i always told him my ears are not the best but i have an idea of what he looking for, plus i have my laptop rta, so if he want to rta it he free to do so but the mic may have to be down the street..

those mids are stupid loud and extreme overkill but its gallery system he wanted, dunno why as he can't even sit in car with my morel elates at full volume in the car

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 4th, 2014, 8:51 pm

Morel elates, good stuff. Those fuggers aint joke loud.

Coax him into putting a set :lol:

carfreak1024
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby carfreak1024 » February 6th, 2014, 1:43 pm

pimptacular wrote::lol: boom shush, i still have my same setup from world finals a few years ago with some minor changes

well the man said he would check me an i always told him my ears are not the best but i have an idea of what he looking for, plus i have my laptop rta, so if he want to rta it he free to do so but the mic may have to be down the street..

those mids are stupid loud and extreme overkill but its gallery system he wanted, dunno why as he can't even sit in car with my morel elates at full volume in the car

yeah i can attest that the E46 sounds great. Even if you are like my brother and have "no idea what the f@3k sound quality is". All he told me was that he "heard miley on the dash after sitting in the car with pimp".

I overestimated the baseline.......... :( :( :( :( . But i am working on it and am going to take a recommendation from pimptacular and change over the box a little. When the trunk is open, the bassline is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY LOUDER AND LOWER. So guess who gets to rip the whole install out again?

read this piece of information as well, which goes inline with what pimptacular recommended.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/wiring-electrical-installation-help/584924-bass-louder-trunk-open.html

Either i'm misunderstanding what he's trying to do or he's misunderstanding what he's trying to do and when/why it should be done. Judging from the posts he's made it sounded to me like he wanted to completely seal off the trunk from the cabin to "negate that sound wave issue in cars with trunks" (cancellation). But he never made any mention of firing his sub(s) into the cabin, furthermore he was asking "what dimensions did you make the sheet of MDF", until he chimes in to clear the air I can only assume his plan is to simply put up a wall directly behind his back seat to seal his trunk from the cabin. The only way that would work well is if he is:

A.) Going to run his sub(s) in IB alignment
B.) Going to build a 4th order and port it through the rear deck or ski pass opening.
or
C.) Going to run his sub(s) and port forward with that wall being used as the baffle of the box.

If he's not planning on doing either of the above, sealing off the trunk is a bad idea.

The whole purpose to sealing off the trunk is to eliminate the issue of cancellation due to the front and rear sound waves being out of phase with each other. How do you know if you have cancellation? Easy. Sit in your car and listen to a song you're familiar with, while you're listening to the song have a buddy open the trunk, if the bass gets louder then you indeed are having cancellation issues. How can the bass get louder with the trunk open? Makes no sense huh?

In this picture the vertical line is the back of the trunk and the black box is the subwoofer box which is facing towards the cabin. When the sub hits, the sound goes foward into the cabin (red wave) but also reflects off the back of the trunk to become the reflected wave. When those two waves are way out of alignment as shown in the picture there will be major cancellation. Simply opening the trunk will cause that reflected wave to "disappear" and not reflect back in the trunk and not cause cancellation in the process.

In this picture the sub is aimed at the trunk and the result is that the waves aren't nearly as out of phase as the first picture, resulting in much better bass response but still not as good as it can be.

In this picture the sub box is moved so it's closer to the back of the trunk with the sub firing towards the trunk resulting in the waves nearly being in phase with each other resulting in the best bass response.

Firing the subs/port into the cabin with the baffle of the box sealed off from the trunk results in a wave patter much the same as the last picture, directs all the sound/air into the cabin area and nearly eliminates that horrendous trunk rattle on high powered systems too.

wickedbreed
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby wickedbreed » February 6th, 2014, 2:05 pm

install looking bess dude. Would love to hear it. You got tru with the 3sixty? The second mono inside yet?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 7th, 2014, 12:26 pm

Hbd meng

matthewmazda
Riding on 18's

Postby matthewmazda » February 7th, 2014, 1:08 pm

nice build bro !, and wiring best

carfreak1024
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby carfreak1024 » February 11th, 2014, 11:06 pm

nervewrecker wrote:Hbd meng

worst bday of life. but the party was epic.

Mike_009
Riding on 13's

Re: Trying My Hand at the Loud Thing..UPDATE #3 MORE PICS.

Postby Mike_009 » February 12th, 2014, 6:30 am

Nice post

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 12th, 2014, 11:49 am

carfreak1024 wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:Hbd meng

worst bday of life. but the party was epic.

They dont have white oak across there? :lol:

wickedbreed
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby wickedbreed » February 12th, 2014, 1:48 pm

someone call mih name? ah hear WO?!?!?!

carfreak1024
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby carfreak1024 » February 12th, 2014, 7:09 pm

wickedbreed wrote:someone call mih name? ah hear WO?!?!?!

JW is a friend, WO is an acquaintance, and Tequila is the enemy of all. LOL

wickedbreed
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby wickedbreed » February 13th, 2014, 9:46 am

carfreak1024 wrote:
wickedbreed wrote:someone call mih name? ah hear WO?!?!?!

JW is a friend, WO is an acquaintance, and Tequila is the enemy of all. LOL

This lol but ah have ah outside padna ah grey goose...

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”