TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

18 sound, RCF or B&C

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

pimptacular
30 pounds of Boost

Postby pimptacular » August 22nd, 2009, 8:13 am

bagogalant wrote:Well toyz i am putting up specs for the speakers and not mics as pioneer would say. My honest opinion is that we are discriminated against so much because we tend to use PROFESSIONAL TRANDUCERS rather than components. PRO AUDIO requires a keen and deep appreciation for music and sound,knowledge of tonal harmonics and frequency overlapping,instrumental tone reproduction i.e percussion instrum. brass, wind instrum. etc. and last but not least a TRUE PASSION FOR GOOD QUALITY SOUND being reproduced in the best way possible. King ferdinand and Queen isabel along with the rest of the world in the fifteenth century thought the world was flat until they were thought otherwise. So instead of joking about bad talking 'Gallery sound' appreciate the ingenuity of a generation that can tune a 30 band equalizer down to an octave in an automobile! Remember when you all came out with components the seniors to you all with their 8 track cassette decks in their falcons and hillmans with white- wall-tires and analog instrument panels had their say too. Choose to understand and be different or as we say in Bago, Bess yuh nah seh nuttin if yuh affih pan nuh nuh know 8-)

hoss that is 1 of the biggest set of sheit ive ever seen on this site :lol:
u talkin bout appreciation of sound and true passion of good sound quality using dj sepeakers and its knowledge about tonal harmonics? :rofl: and like a 30 band eq is sum big, there aare people on this site with over 150bands of eq and u wanna talk about appreciation of tonal harmonics and a passion..u may love car audio homie but an instrument on an eminence or 18sound wont sound so readily the same as components..comps FTW

bagogalant
Street 2NR

Postby bagogalant » August 22nd, 2009, 8:35 am

I see why your name is pimptacular you prositute out your intelligence to become an arrogant egotistic idiot who comes on a forum with negative vibes. carry them ripe backside comments on curepe corner and tell renta amp and and johnny Q and the manufacturers of AWs that professional tranducers are unable to reproduce sound with tonal accuracy you ever go to a concert and look on stage and see a pair of alpine,mbquart,bose,polk audio in a line array configuration. components are beautiful but everyone has a right to a choice you can't impose your ideals on the people on tuner seeking advice and sharing info. Is like if you go into another forum and tell a three diamonds man with a ck4 lancer he talking mess if he say he want to put in a mivec or an evo engine andput in a waste gate because he didn't stay stock to please somebody. You too damn bold and frontish this saturday morning i now come ah cellsite breakdown call out in castara 3 am this morning and trying to drink some cocoa tea with salt fish and coconut bake and you trying to upset me with your leaking sceptic tank comment .....KNOW YUH PLACE !

bagogalant
Street 2NR

Postby bagogalant » August 22nd, 2009, 8:45 am

can pioneer,blitz,rovin or toyz shed some light during the course of the day. And tell tackypimp i ent he damn homie

bagogalant
Street 2NR

Postby bagogalant » August 22nd, 2009, 8:52 am

Yes i know audio control dqxs 142 bands. don't think because i from tobago that is some kind of revelationary info to me steups all mih tea done and didn't get to enjoy it because i this imps!

pimptacular
30 pounds of Boost

Postby pimptacular » August 22nd, 2009, 1:43 pm

:lol:

the only concert i goin to is in my driver seat and the stage on my dashboard..
hence there is car audio speakers and jl or "house music speakers"

but by all means feel free to put what u want in yuh car but when u ready pop in some comps to hear good quality ask dj q bout the diffence in sound from goin from dj speakers to car audio...

atleast i not ranting about queen victoria hooray for u knowing some history like u get a pass in cxc..an y would go on a website to talk about evo an jap cars when i drive a euro? and i really could care less and i doubt any1 else on this forum cares what you do with ur personal life expecially in this part of the forum except car audio

bagogalant
Street 2NR

Postby bagogalant » August 22nd, 2009, 2:01 pm

pioneer did you go on the sites as yet and check out the specs on the speakers?

noyztoyz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby noyztoyz » August 22nd, 2009, 2:29 pm

d man does not care about the micro gain in sq you will get from using comps,
he needs his music to be loud,
and he sees in concerts that pro audio and not components are used and sounds exceptional,
so give a good reason y he shouldn't use the pro audio speakers in his car.

stop fighting down that scene tuners, let the man use what he wants, a slight increase in sq wont help him if he has to run a orion hcca15.2 and 4000rms? He needs mids to keep up with that..

pimptacular
30 pounds of Boost

Postby pimptacular » August 22nd, 2009, 3:24 pm

which part of what i say "by all means feel free to put what u want" noyztoyz cant u read and understand? where did i say he shouldnt use pro audio?

Leffy
Riding on 13's

Postby Leffy » August 22nd, 2009, 3:27 pm

RCF ftw :|

noyztoyz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby noyztoyz » August 22nd, 2009, 5:25 pm

noyztoyz wrote:stop fighting down that scene tuners

pimptacular wrote:which part of what i say "by all means feel free to put what u want" noyztoyz cant u read and understand? where did i say he shouldnt use pro audio?

i cant read the quoted statement but i understand it fully.

my take it light advice was aimed to the many ppl the consumer was seeing a tough time from right now..

get back to the subject of the thread.

like what Leffy has done ^

bagogalant
Street 2NR

Postby bagogalant » August 24th, 2009, 9:48 am

I see and respect your choice pioneer but just observe the amount of comps in use in that system in comparison to using 2 10s and a pair of drivers producing sound just as good once they are strategically placed and hooked up to a good sound processor(not DriveRack)meant for use in mobile applications within the vehicle. :D

bagogalant
Street 2NR

Postby bagogalant » August 24th, 2009, 9:49 am

pioneer have you ever heard of team wisemen,pong raj and Tobago's very own predator sounds?

bagogalant
Street 2NR

Postby bagogalant » August 24th, 2009, 9:53 am

pioneer i have nothing against comps and to all the other guys like myself who have been labelled as gallery men should try to understand the views of others who differ from others but must also try not to engage in condemnation of one anothers choices but try to put aside our differences to learn why we make the decisions in sound that we do. pioneer for example could a comp produce 109-112db without distortion :wink:

bagogalant
Street 2NR

Postby bagogalant » August 24th, 2009, 9:56 am

pioneer that demo car can't reverse in belmont :lol: :lol: :lol:

juniorgong
Riding on 13's

Postby juniorgong » August 24th, 2009, 10:36 am

hey if you willin to spend d money buy two 10's 18 sound and two 18 sound drivers 4 your dash and two 18 sound 6's 4 d doors.............................

ejimmy
Riding on 13's

Postby ejimmy » August 24th, 2009, 5:50 pm

hoss that demo cant do nothing, yuh cant even play some music when yuh driving cuz all lock away in the back, yuh go to gallery with that and yuh get shake out no time,

if thats pioneer's vision for all of us.. well..

pimptacular
30 pounds of Boost

Postby pimptacular » August 24th, 2009, 5:55 pm

tuner really have sum ignant people we :lol:

ChristianRD
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ChristianRD » August 24th, 2009, 7:11 pm

pimptacular wrote:tuner really have sum ignant people we :lol:

Ent !!!

Most of them could be found in Car Audio Classifieds. :wink:

southside connections
punchin NOS

Postby southside connections » August 24th, 2009, 7:47 pm

the rcf is usable to 70hz accuratly, given u have a bandpass enabled x-over, that keeps it in a very sharp cutoff range

eg-

70hz-1.2khz, at 24db/octave

after that you can have a driver involved, used from 1.2khz to 20khz, this makes it a 2way system

however, to make it alot more accurate and louder, you can go 3way

eg-

rcf l12p540 (50hz to 120hz)
rcf l10750yk (120hz-2.5khz)
rcf n450 driver- (2.5khz-20khz)

the resulting configuretion is a 3way and will allow for a much smaller driver unit being used

this ofcourse is only applicable if you have the proper enclosures being used for the midrange

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » August 24th, 2009, 9:54 pm

pioneer wrote:most of the carshows i went and jus "listened" to some of these cars gave me a headache and left a sharp ring in my ear, distortion...music sounding monotonous...annoying...one tone bass...

But eh, these guys like it so :|

this is soo true.. but it's not a 'gallery man' thing.. it's a Trini thing..

southside connections
punchin NOS

Postby southside connections » August 24th, 2009, 10:29 pm

well for one pioneer, i use them when possible

if my guys can't afford the active x-overs, i look into passive ones, and use a 15band or better eq

passives also allow for a much more simple system, utilizing just one 2 channel amp, or 1 4channel amp per left and right

both passive and active have their downfalls, but in most large gallery applications active will be much more useful in terms of control over each driver independently

passive on the other hand, well makes the both drivers play as one unit, making it very easy to control, well in terms considering that the x-over has been designed with variable slopes, and attenuations

another advantage to passive, is that it's a cheaper alternative and it's simplicity, but the major downfall would be the fact that you need a very powerful amplifer to achive full output from your drivers, since it has no dampening factor feedback for the amp to use

as i said b4, the advantages and disadvatages are numerous, and so, it would come down to your personal knowledge and skill level

remember, the crossovers are one thing, speaker frequency response is very tied into this, choose the right driver for the right applications, learn to use frequency response graphs and take the manufacturer's specifications very very seriously, as there is a very fine line to damaging the products

you can't go and take a midrange optimised driver and expect it to play midbass very well

hence i said, choose the right driver for the right application, and even the cheapest drivers will sound great

i

southside connections
punchin NOS

Postby southside connections » August 25th, 2009, 7:53 am

corect is right & most trinins take advice widly and won't take time to look futher into their choices

- Rovin's car audio -
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby - Rovin's car audio - » August 25th, 2009, 10:03 am

thing with d guys who using d pro audio equip most of them just buy 2 of this & 2 of dat going on brand name & not specific model number , they dont take d time to go online & do some research about d freq operating bandwidth to after pick out what pieces of equipment will work well together

they start off with a low model deck with only 1 pair of rca , put in a preamp & then a cross , they dont know what speaker operates within what band width & what to cut off d freqs , buy some low end brand amp\s which is also most likely not enough power for d speakers\drivers then turning up d gain "to max out d power" at d same time doing d same with settings in d deck .

I really wonder about d guys who buy a higher end deck with 3 sets of rcas which have at least a 7 band eq & they put a preamp on it or a 6xs or matrix or epi or matrix etc because thats what their padna do or installer advise , now they cud never get d set to sound clear since too much thing to tune & if u turn 1 up it throws off d other piece of equipment in d chain ....keep things simple !

southside connections
punchin NOS

Postby southside connections » August 25th, 2009, 10:34 am

here's a very simple system as said, and as used-

pioneer 3100ub
6xs

thats it, and it is capable to be tuned very well, and you can drive up to 2 amps off one pair of outputs comfortably

silent_riot
punchin NOS

Postby silent_riot » August 25th, 2009, 11:26 am

Sorry to stray, but I think its a valid point...
What kinds of setups do the few good sounding gallery cars actually run? eg. Comfort, the tweety tuned cifero.

Maybe that will help the guys who are looking to get into it start off on the right foot.

southside connections
punchin NOS

Postby southside connections » August 25th, 2009, 11:57 am

they have usually a very very complicated set

eg tweety tuned-

2 15 band eq's, and at most times it's a lanzar

in comfort's, well all i cud manke out was a mcd360 and a preamp

southside connections
punchin NOS

Postby southside connections » August 25th, 2009, 11:58 am

they have usually a very very complicated set

eg tweety tuned-

2 15 band eq's, and at most times it's a lanzar

in comfort's, well all i cud manke out was a mcd360 and a preamp

silent_riot
punchin NOS

Postby silent_riot » August 25th, 2009, 12:04 pm

Well I honestly think that maybe that's the kind of processing one needs to sound good with a gallery setup.
I can see the need for a 15 band EQ or more to get the response where they want it outside the vehicles.

southside connections
punchin NOS

Postby southside connections » August 25th, 2009, 12:16 pm

but at most times it's not nessary, too much processing can cause alot of problems

noyztoyz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby noyztoyz » August 25th, 2009, 12:21 pm

tweety uses 2 ppi pcx2400 to run his tens and 8s, and smaller ppis to run other things, i cant link mids and amps cuz he has a lot of speakers in there.

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”