Rally Trinidad 22-24th March 2013

Official Rally Forum -
Please visit www.rallytrinidad.com for more info on Rally

Moderators: sio, rcadiz, 3ne2nr Mods

shizzle
Riding on 13's

Re: Rally Trinidad 22-24th March 2013

Postby shizzle » March 27th, 2013, 10:12 am

On the door charge. I think all would agree that the TTRC has began to offer more to our patrons with the event infrastructure and logistics (i.e. National Stadium on Friday night) and we simply charge a small fee to help offset the cost. Anyone who has experience with events would know the cost of stage, lighting, sound, fencing, signage etc etc. Furthermore a $100 per carload (roughly $20 per head) is in no way a 'big money ting' as some would say. How many $20-$40 events by comparison do issue receipts? Refunding was not possible today but that does not mean that we do not intend to make it up somehow

What we can say however is that we will be getting to the bottom of what can be described as an excessive decision by the TTPS, and looking ahead we will be planning an event with the same level of logistics with no door charge and do our best to make amends to the spectators that came out and supported us in somewhat vain.

With the toilet issue if the track is not lock down spectators would have used the washroom, however once the stage commander announce on the radio that the stage is locked down for racing the marshal's would then ensure that no one would be allowed on the track at any time.

rcadiz
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rcadiz » March 27th, 2013, 11:49 am

To all concerned, we appreciate the feedback as it shows that on some level you all do care about ensuring that Motorsport is done on a certain level or organization, safety, and quality etc. Although some of the posts are made without some of the facts we respect the views of all the spectators and will attempt to address as many of the concerns as we possibly can. The TTRC had its post mortem last night as well as many other meetings with stakeholders in the last 2 days. We will be issuing a release on what happened by the end of today. Our lack of a response thus far is in no way any indication that we are not dealing with the situation.

Lawz
Ricer

Postby Lawz » March 27th, 2013, 2:02 pm

Come on people TTRC did a good job, they said they will tell us what went on and exactly the reason for the event being cancelled. Just be patient!!! Things like these take a lot of planning. If you all were there Friday and Sunday you all would understand the intense planning that this took. I was at the rally event last year in the Hasley Crawford Stadium and in comparison this year it was a lot better and well organized. The track that was created this year was by far well thought out than last year!!! And you you all saw how the track was organized for a head to head battle....man das a lot of thought and preparation...
the way i see it is give them a break they always do a good job and they are getting better at
Dont bash them cuz of one blunder or mistake.
Mr. Cadiz just gave a reply let's just wait for later today to see what turns out.
Much respect to the TTRC....Keep up the good job and just as I looked forward to Sunday I look forward to the other events that you all plan...yes i was disappointed but it already happened just to learn from that now

RapToR
punchin NOS
Location: Wholesaler & Reseller --- FREE Delivery<--Almost Anywhere!

Postby RapToR » March 27th, 2013, 2:15 pm

Lawz wrote:Come on people TTRC did a good job, they said they will tell us what went on and exactly the reason for the event being cancelled. Just be patient!!! Things like these take a lot of planning. If you all were there Friday and Sunday you all would understand the intense planning that this took. I was at the rally event last year in the Hasley Crawford Stadium and in comparison this year it was a lot better and well organized. The track that was created this year was by far well thought out than last year!!! And you you all saw how the track was organized for a head to head battle....man das a lot of thought and preparation...
the way i see it is give them a break they always do a good job and they are getting better at
Mr. Cadiz just gave a reply let's just wait for later today to see what turns out.
Much respect to the TTRC....Keep up the good job and just as I looked forward to Sunday I look forward to the other events that you all plan...yes i was disappointed but it already happened just to learn from that now

x2

Rallyfignis
Shifting into 6th

Postby Rallyfignis » March 27th, 2013, 3:27 pm

Lawz wrote:Come on people TTRC did a good job, they said they will tell us what went on and exactly the reason for the event being cancelled. Just be patient!!! Things like these take a lot of planning. If you all were there Friday and Sunday you all would understand the intense planning that this took. I was at the rally event last year in the Hasley Crawford Stadium and in comparison this year it was a lot better and well organized. The track that was created this year was by far well thought out than last year!!! And you you all saw how the track was organized for a head to head battle....man das a lot of thought and preparation...

Knowledge...

flex12
Street 2NR

Postby flex12 » March 27th, 2013, 7:17 pm

SOO THE CONCERNED PERSONS TALKING ABOUT PLACEMENT OF TOILETS I HOPE U DO NOT CROSS 80 KMPH ON THE HIGHWAY,I HOPE YOU ALWAYS WEAR YOUR SEATBELT,I HOPE YOU DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE AND I HOPE YOU HAVE NEVER MADE A MISTAKE IN YOUR LIFE..Really a toilet placement,you have been told that ttrc will be putting on another event free of charge which all rallys are(with the exception of that one in the stadium because there are alot of costs involved) once you are not afraid of sun and cane fields and the wrong placement of a toilet..Do you really sit down and complain for days upon days and write long stupid posts on this forum repeating youself CONSTANTLY about a toilet...People the ttrc has done alot for motor sport in Trinidad stop your stupid comments over toilets and bar license and who spent fourty dollars to get into the stadium move on mistakes happen ... ITS DONE ITS OVER AND THEY WILL LEARN FROM THEIR MISTAKES AND BETTER THEMSELVES..

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » March 27th, 2013, 7:22 pm

Whey de faya?

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » March 27th, 2013, 7:50 pm

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » March 27th, 2013, 9:15 pm

Aaron 2NR wrote:Image
Magnificent!

CD4Accord
Riding on 18's

Postby CD4Accord » March 27th, 2013, 9:58 pm

I love that Jetcon Subie... Joel Jackson and Dimitri Dawkins are going to come on even stronger next year now that they have had a taste of it.. Something about the exhaust note on that car just does it for me..

sliderz1
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sliderz1 » March 28th, 2013, 11:29 am

btw seeing that B11 through the stages was rather refreshing. Anyone knows what engine it has?

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » March 28th, 2013, 12:05 pm

sliderz1 wrote:btw seeing that B11 through the stages was rather refreshing. Anyone knows what engine it has?
E15T.

foss
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby foss » March 28th, 2013, 12:10 pm

that b11 was a waste of time.

Especially when the rally clock was behind schedule.

Thank god they pulled it off the start line on Sunday ! :mrgreen:
Last edited by foss on March 28th, 2013, 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » March 28th, 2013, 12:50 pm

It's car 00

Ignorant Ignis
punchin NOS

Postby Ignorant Ignis » March 28th, 2013, 2:29 pm

foss wrote:that b11 was a waste of time.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

really foss? really ?

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » March 28th, 2013, 2:31 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 28th, 2013, 3:05 pm

DVSTT wrote:http://www.rally24.com/rally-cars-for-sale/ford-focus-wrc-12160.html

Panton's car is for sale.
that is the old Colin McRae ex-works 2000 Ford Focus WRC. That is what he won Rally Trinidad with in 2011.

his new car that he won Rally Trinidad with in 2013 is a Marcus Gronholm ex-works 2006 Ford Focus WRC

foss

Postby foss » March 28th, 2013, 4:33 pm

Ignorant Ignis wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

really foss? really ?

yes boi :lol: :lol: :lol: that sun outside was ridiculous :lol: :x

foss

Postby foss » March 28th, 2013, 4:33 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
DVSTT wrote:http://www.rally24.com/rally-cars-for-sale/ford-focus-wrc-12160.html

Panton's car is for sale.
that is the old Colin McRae ex-works 2000 Ford Focus WRC. That is what he won Rally Trinidad with in 2011.

his new car that he won Rally Trinidad with in 2013 is a Marcus Gronholm ex-works 2006 Ford Focus WRC

nice piece of history there !! :o :)

RoTaRyBoYz
Shifting into 6th

Postby RoTaRyBoYz » March 28th, 2013, 5:29 pm

What can I say. In all my years of Motorsports in the US, I would of never imagined Rally Trinidad to be so well organized & so damn freaking awesome! I would like to thank Barry & the good people of TTRC for welcoming us into their event with open arms. From the moment we got there on Friday, it was nothing but VIP treatment for the IR Designs crew.
We had some minor sizing problem with the jerseys. Since the US is our primary market, our jersey cuts are slightly larger than what you guys wear in Trinidad (Americans are fat :lol: ). I apologize for this inconvenience, but I'm working closely with Duane & Narend to come up with a few unique cuts, specifically for the Trinidad market. That's something that not being offered by the other apparel manufactures in the US, so I'm very excited to offer this bespoke service to you guys in Trinidad.
To the guys & ladies of TTRC. You have our support for all future events, so don't hesitate to call or email.
Duane & Narend, thanks for giving us the opportunity to apart of your team. It was truly an honor working with you fellas. I don't think Trinidad will be ready for the release of version 2.0!!! :wink:

Now where are the pics of the babes from Friday night?? POST THEM! :lol:

sliderz1
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sliderz1 » March 28th, 2013, 5:30 pm

foss wrote:
Ignorant Ignis wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

really foss? really ?

yes boi :lol: :lol: :lol: that sun outside was ridiculous :lol: :x

ent, i still have an annoying colour difference from the sun. bess vantage point didnt have any trees nearby :cry:

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 28th, 2013, 7:00 pm

^ yeah I still have raccoon eyes from getting burnt in the sun with shades on :|

foss

Postby foss » March 28th, 2013, 7:47 pm

I eh know indian does tan. :|

RoTaRyBoYz
Shifting into 6th

Postby RoTaRyBoYz » March 29th, 2013, 12:22 pm

Where the Rally pics? I wanna see how the jerseys look. That and the endless hotties walking around on Friday lol
Attachments
1364574121260.jpg
1364574108204.jpg

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » March 29th, 2013, 12:24 pm

Pics up on my site. A few of us already uploaded to the gallery so when the rest do then the event would go up

sexy_ke70_chick
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sexy_ke70_chick » March 29th, 2013, 1:15 pm

cacasplat3 wrote:
Rallyfignis wrote:
H.S.E GuY wrote:The TTRC has done a great job last weekend by hosting the event and you all have really evolved over the years, keep it up, but come clean on the on the issues that transpired on Sunday for you all done want to be classed along the lines of another motorsport organisation.

I think the TTRC is still trying to figure it all out man...

they know exactly what happened, and they are to blame, but someone somewhere knows that the population already blames the police, and to prevent TTRC looking like the new TTASA, they continue to delay a real statement.....

i dont get the whole issues about the police though....TTPS did their job and TTRC did not....its as simple as that.....

saying the police had other options is nothing short of rubbish.....they have the right to do what they did, so why be vex?
as far as understand none of the officials were arrested, they should count their lucky stars.......

I think you should rename yourself as d #1cacasplat! :?

cacasplat3
punchin NOS

Postby cacasplat3 » March 29th, 2013, 6:24 pm

sexy_ke70_chick wrote:
cacasplat3 wrote:
Rallyfignis wrote:
H.S.E GuY wrote:The TTRC has done a great job last weekend by hosting the event and you all have really evolved over the years, keep it up, but come clean on the on the issues that transpired on Sunday for you all done want to be classed along the lines of another motorsport organisation.

I think the TTRC is still trying to figure it all out man...

they know exactly what happened, and they are to blame, but someone somewhere knows that the population already blames the police, and to prevent TTRC looking like the new TTASA, they continue to delay a real statement.....

i dont get the whole issues about the police though....TTPS did their job and TTRC did not....its as simple as that.....

saying the police had other options is nothing short of rubbish.....they have the right to do what they did, so why be vex?
as far as understand none of the officials were arrested, they should count their lucky stars.......

I think you should rename yourself as d #1cacasplat! :?

that's the best personal attack you could come up with?
instead of doing that, why not just be constructive and post why u disagree with my post......

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » March 29th, 2013, 8:02 pm

The Beast

Suzuki SX4 WRC by DHARIN, on Flickr

speedaholic
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedaholic » March 30th, 2013, 1:16 am

^^ nice pic buddy

CD4Accord
Riding on 18's

Postby CD4Accord » March 31st, 2013, 11:10 pm

Still waiting on a comprehensive post-mortem (correct term in this case) from the TTRC..

Shall it be forthcoming?

Advertisement

Return to “TTRC - Rally”