TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

2015 championship drivers.

Official Solodex Forum -
Please visit www.carstt.com for more info on Autocross (aka Solodex)

Moderators: CarsTT, CARSTT SoloDex, 3ne2nr Mods

CARSTT SoloDex
3NE 2NR for life

2015 championship drivers.

Postby CARSTT SoloDex » February 21st, 2015, 11:06 pm

10608368_10152956117124306_319126440385836962_o.jpg

Its over in seconds but the thrill is lasting, with only 18 drivers this year, lets see who will take drivers trophy.

Who are Autocross members?:
We’re a diverse group of people united in their love of cars and racing. We understand that the toughest part of getting involved in a new organization is not knowing anyone, so we do our best to make guests feel as welcome as possible. We’re not a clique or an exclusive club; we love meeting new people interested in being involved. After swapping a few car stories, you’ll feel like an old friend.

Volunteers are not paid, not because they are worthless but because they are priceless.” – Anonymous. Each event has a huge amount of planning behind the scenes. The people who do that planning are volunteers. Our volunteers are what makes our club so special. Without our volunteers, there would be no racing.

An autocross is a skill driving event in which one car at a time negotiates a prescribed course, using traffic cones to define a variety of turns. The sites are usually laid out on huge, open parking lots, or on sections of airport runways. The course is set up so that you are operating in lower gears, with a top speed of no more than 60mph or so, depending on the car. The average time of a run on the course is approximately one minute, plus a penalty of two seconds for each rubber cone (pylon) hit. During each run you operate your car at it’s limit of acceleration, turning, and braking…and yours. You maintain complete control of your car while maneuvering through the course in the lowest possible time.

While driving on the street, the time span of most emergencies is only a few seconds. Thus the experience of maintaining control becomes a valuable training session. You will develop a sense of timing, judgment, and ability to interpret your vehicle’s handling characteristics – at safe speeds and in a safe place. Your experiences at an autocross will enhance your driving ability on the street.

Note: Only drivers who have weighed, dyno and paid for membership will qualify for 2015 competition. We look forward to seeing each and everyone fight to the very last event for the drivers championship in each class.
Attachments
2015 Drivers.JPG

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Re: 2015 championship drivers.

Postby wagonrunner » February 21st, 2015, 11:18 pm

CARSTT SoloDex wrote:Note: Only drivers who have weighed, dyno and paid for membership will qualify for 2015 competition.

list closed off?
can't compete in a classed car, and pay membership by the 5th competition event anymore?

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » February 21st, 2015, 11:22 pm

wagonrunner wrote:
CARSTT SoloDex wrote:Note: Only drivers who have weighed, dyno and paid for membership will qualify for 2015 competition.

list closed off?
can't compete in a classed car, and pay membership by the 5th competition event anymore?

Wondering the same so i will know if to bother to come race

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » February 21st, 2015, 11:26 pm

Can you point out where in the rules says that you must dyno and weigh for championship?

Honestly I think this may further reduce the number of competitors and should be rethought.

quicksilva
Riding on 13's

Postby quicksilva » February 21st, 2015, 11:43 pm

Guys, I think you all know better than that.
Cars must be weighed and dynoed to be placed in a class. and to compete you must me a 2015 paid member.

If a driver did not pay for membership or weigh or dyno, they can still take part in an event, but their times will not be calculated and included in championship results.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » February 22nd, 2015, 12:08 am

quicksilva wrote:Cars must be weighed and dynoed to be placed in a clas.

no actually. without dynoing any car can be placed in any class where it would compettitve (at the discretion of the exec, and fairly).

quicksilva wrote:If a driver did not pay for membership or weigh or dyno, they can still take part in an event, but their times will not be calculated and included in championship results.

the dyno condition is wrong because of above.

to compete your car has to be classed.
and the condition of championship was membership, and compete in at least 3 competition events.

which is why i am asking if that has changed.

Ignorant Ignis
punchin NOS

Postby Ignorant Ignis » February 22nd, 2015, 6:42 am

karl is correct.

Mudboy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Mudboy » February 22nd, 2015, 8:10 am

Not seeing my name....who made this list?

xauss
3NE 2NR for life

Postby xauss » February 22nd, 2015, 9:19 am

I wasn't aware that dyno and weighing were now mandatory in additiom to paying membership fees in order to be eligible to compete in the championship. I was planning to come out to compete this year and pay membership and let the exec class my car at their discretion...however what I'm reading seems to indicate it still wouldn't count and I would be better off not bothering.... :?

djaggs
Riding on 17's

Postby djaggs » February 23rd, 2015, 3:34 pm

RULES

SECTION C 4

4. Note that it is now mandatory for all championship competitors to have their vehicles measured in competition trim by CARS or its agents. If this is not possible AND you want to participate in the championship, you will be placed in an appropriate class as determined by the CARS Autocross Competition Committee with no chance of appeal. You will only be re-classed (bumped) by the Committee under these circumstances, if they deem it necessary based on observed performances over two (2) events or more.

5. Championship competitors must declare all modifications prior to AND during the championship season. Failure to do so will result in a maximum penalty of disqualification from the championship competition for the year if found out via the scrutineer process or protest activities.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » February 23rd, 2015, 4:03 pm

CARSTT Solodex, please clarify what you have posted with the rest of the executive and confirm or make any changes necessary. There are only a couple weeks til autocross 1 and I'd hate to think that people don't show up because they may have been incorrectly informed.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » February 24th, 2015, 3:29 pm

year now start and de chit done flowing :-/
allyuh does even read de darn rules before posting?
Whatever happened to the idea of sending out a questionnaire to the members / competitors?
How many people took part in total last year? A simple survey would maybe help to understand why only 18 are committed to 2015......if a sustainable number of competitors is to be achieved, the first step is to engage your client base, yeah
?

Mr. Fixables
Trinituner Peong

Postby Mr. Fixables » February 26th, 2015, 12:50 pm

I paid for membership and will be running for the Championship, but I am not seeing my name either.

I was told that I did not need to dyno my vehicle due to the class it will be in.

Please make necessary changes.

Kirk

quicksilva
Riding on 13's

Postby quicksilva » February 27th, 2015, 4:25 pm

Firstly, The list is not closed off.
The list was made from the persons who paid for membership and those dyno and weighed their vehicles in the presence of a committee member.
What is the purpose of dynoing and weighing your car? Simply to place the vehicle in a base class.
Kirk, If you are running your car in OPEN, it is not required for you to verify you HP and weight, but this information is still required for documentation purposes. As for you paying for membership for 2015, please provide a receipt number so that I can verify and I will update the list. Sorry, but I have not received your membership application.

Further to djaggs posting of the rule which confirms that competitors vehicles must be measured so as to be placed in a base class. Please also note the below section 6 (Competition structure) of our Constitution, which states that " Championship points for the competition year will be awarded to all competing members of CARS." A membership is required to compete in Championship.

6.0 Competition Structure
Championship points for the competition year (December 1st to October 30th) will be awarded to all competing members of CARS. The prose structure and points awarded to competitors for the various types of events are covered in the relevant CARS Event Regulations Handbook.
Unquote.

Therefore, If your vehicle have not been weighed or dyno (with the exception of OPEN class) and 2015 membership being paid, your times will not be calculated for championship points. Your times will be posted.

In addition to the above, any person who has not dyno nor weighed their vehicle and has not paid for membership can still take part in any event they wish to, and as Karl rightfully said the execute can class that vehicle for them to take part in the event. Again, their times will not be calculated for championship points. also, If one of these persons who came to an event and who have not weighed, dyno or paid membership, shows interest in competing in championship, his vehicle will be classes by the committee and allowed to compete, But, they must fore fill the championship requirements by the next completion event date.

Karl, your statement
quote:
the dyno condition is wrong because of above.

to compete your car has to be classed.
and the condition of championship was membership, and compete in at least 3 competition events.
Unquote:

is misleading. That rule is really for late comers later in the year, giving them a chance to compete. This is why I do not understand why you are bring it up now. it has nothing to do with championship at the beginning of the year.

Folks, I think the above is fair to both members and none members. So let do what is required and have an enjoyable year of racing.

Mr. Fixables
Trinituner Peong

Postby Mr. Fixables » February 27th, 2015, 8:00 pm

I paid my membership at the last BYCC. Unfortunately, I cannot find that receipt.

Please recheck and let me know.

Kirk

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » February 28th, 2015, 3:52 am

I understand that you guys may want to elevate the competition to a more professional level by having this testing but I also remember how we started it. Up at Wallerfield using a GTech pro to measure 1/4 mile on an empty Sunday afternoon.

Personally I didn't seen a huge number of competitors last year and if only 17 or 18 have qualified for championship then are you sure you want to be so strict about enforcing and interpreting these rules?

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » February 28th, 2015, 8:56 am

sand is a really awesome place to put your head

zakowski
Street 2NR

Postby zakowski » February 28th, 2015, 10:41 am

Some competitors could not make dyno day due to mechanical problems or they just could not make the date. We are gonna have another day for those who missed the first . Personally i don't see why it's a problem why not to dyno your car each competition year. If it is a stipulation in the rules ,then the most one can do is follow the guidelines as best they are presented.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » February 28th, 2015, 7:39 pm

What about people who have put their cars on the dyno, spent lots of time and money tuning, if they bring their best dyno sheet will it be accepted?

Mr. Fixables
Trinituner Peong

Postby Mr. Fixables » February 28th, 2015, 10:03 pm

Best dyno? A dyno number can be fudged. Easiest thing to do.

I understand that CARS are trying to even the playing field, but there are ways to do that other than another mandatory $300 cost to racing.

Kirk

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » March 2nd, 2015, 4:25 pm

quicksilva wrote:Therefore, If your vehicle have not been weighed or dyno (with the exception of OPEN class) and 2015 membership being paid, your times will not be calculated for championship points. Your times will be posted.
This is new to me and contrary to the rules posted by djaggs, which is why i asked those questions.

Blue
Street 2NR

Postby Blue » March 6th, 2015, 4:06 pm

I have been running in ES as there was no HS class last year. Would I be allowed back into HS now that there is a class? 75 WHP at 2500 pounds

Razkal
2NRholic

Postby Razkal » March 9th, 2015, 11:37 am

ImageUploadedByTriniTuner1425915389.111371.jpg

Autocross #1 unofficial results...

I made a dyno pull, weighed and paid meh morney...I assume that means I'm classed properly already and in the championship running

María
3NE 2NR for life

Postby María » March 10th, 2015, 12:22 pm

Has the Exec gathered it's thoughts regarding Dyno/Weighing and Championship?

The 2015 Rules seem to state drivers can participate in Championship without Dyno, being placed in class according to the discretion of the Exec.

Let me know if I am mistaken.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » March 10th, 2015, 3:18 pm

anybody gonna post official results?

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » May 4th, 2015, 4:51 pm

What are the official results for the dyno day and cars classed for this year?

Razkal
2NRholic

Postby Razkal » May 10th, 2015, 8:41 am

anything on Pete's request guys?

can't we sticky a post that includes all the 2015 season info?
-championship drivers and cars
-class details
-results from events
-a collection of the course maps for 2015 etc

Razkal
2NRholic

Postby Razkal » May 15th, 2015, 8:53 am

Pete, apparently you turned the forum into a ghost town with that request for classing info...

zakowski
Street 2NR

Postby zakowski » May 25th, 2015, 10:08 pm

There can't be a collection of maps for 2015 because of how they are released (the week before the race) . What i might suggest if persons suggest tracks and post in the message bar similar to what adrian and gary did previously.

Razkal
2NRholic

Postby Razkal » May 26th, 2015, 7:33 am

of course there can be a collection of course maps for 2015. we add them to the thread as 2015 progresses and the courses are released.

Advertisement

Return to “CARS - Autocross (Solodex)”