Re: FAIRPLAY IN CAR SHOWS

Postby casper » December 10th, 2010, 9:24 pm

MonsterPower wrote:
who s next wrote:i went to a charity show in couva sunday
the throphey was like 12"
the cost to compete in gallery & spl was the same high price
why why only one promoter show is so expensive

saw him driving a lexus a few weeks ago :twisted: :twisted:

casper i saw u try to defend ur promoter but i think u forgetting that he is backed by sponsers who i am sure heavily subsidise these shows so all the talks of him breaking even is not totally true..

u havent gone to a show in ages...so u have no idea what u talkin bout...we not gettin no "heavy" sponsorship fadda...castrol and all of them pull out...we nuh gettin anymore hampers from them again...stag givin us an allowance...lol..rel small money...and everyone else is salt...

u doin like u doh know how sponsorship does work...when u had db drag...how much sponsorship u got???...u got any at all???...and why didnt u get "heavy sponsorship"???? other motorsports events gettin easier sponsorship than a car show...them ppl think of car shows like a ole fete...and they pullin out one by one...

MK still driving a cedia lancer...what lexus u talkin bout??? :? and up to TONIGHT i was by him...NO LEXUS in sight... :roll:

MonsterPower
punchin NOS

Postby MonsterPower » December 12th, 2010, 12:03 am

my god casper dont get ur panties in a bunch i did not say matthew was driving a lexus .. is he the only promoter out there???? jeesh man open ur eyes nah man
until a promoter makes public his accounts we will never know how much he puts out and exactly what he has to deal with in terms of sponsers,expenses and income .. we knows its a private enterprise so that will never be made public .. but thats not the issue here lets drop it

and please deal with the other comments i had in the latter part of my contribution

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » December 12th, 2010, 8:35 am

MonsterPower wrote:my god casper dont get ur panties in a bunch

daz be d first ting alyuh ppl in here does wanna tell someone when they respond eh :roll:

MonsterPower wrote:
who s next wrote:i went to a charity show in couva sunday
the throphey was like 12"
the cost to compete in gallery & spl was the same high price
why why only one promoter show is so expensive

saw him driving a lexus a few weeks ago :twisted: :twisted:

^^^this is the post that u spoke about the promoter having a lexus... u quoted a post that who's next was complaining bout a charity show with small trophies and expensive price sunday gone....so who am i to expect that u talkin bout??? :? YOU open ur eyes nah big man :roll:

cant jes take out the bess nissan, honda, mitsu etc....as these vehicle owners have invested ALOT of money in building their vehicle for the category they enter... a car show cant only be about a music system and best paint and customized...for ages now we have the bess nissan/honda etc....we cant jes stop that :|

u doh think about the ppl out there who spend they hard earned money to build up their "bess this or bess that" car for competition or wah????

ray d saint
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ray d saint » December 12th, 2010, 3:19 pm

interesting discussions here!!!

MonsterPower
punchin NOS

Postby MonsterPower » December 12th, 2010, 10:01 pm

ur right casper my bad i didnt read properly ... doh hadda react so .. lets keep it on topic plz

and u wanna know why i stopped going car shows? i have other priorities that i place higher than going to see the same thing over and over again .if the excitement was there like it used to be then heck i'd start back wo9rking on the red bean in the morning .right now i have house and family to see about but music runs in my veins and my love is there just the motivation is not there .

lets see why the numbers as well as quality has been going down the drain ?
regularity .. how often is there a good quality show ? its like these last weeks pple just got up and decided to throw a show.. it seems like only mk has a calender and sticks to it.

iasca has been trying those little shows in between and i think its a great idea to keep the spirit and lets the guys with smaller systems compete and build up on their knowledge and skills.

next thing is the show promoters has the economic philosophy more pple more money ideals in that they try to fill as much pple into the place and try to attract the pple only to that show and not try to encourage a following .my thinking is that instead of advertising over 20 somn categories just make it smaller and the competition stiffer so that at each show just because u have some time and money invested in your car that you have an automatic right to enter. i have been to many car shows where i just had to shake my head and wonder what these cars doin doin in there .if just making up numbers then why the heck am i there? i want to see cars with installs that will amazze me or at least make me say ok this show was worth my money ..why u think sema is such a bigh thing .. u dont pay for ur car to be there it is chosen to be there..installs shops work for the right to be chosen ..

another thing is that the awareness of iasca needs to be broadened .. many competitors are normal youths with installs who have some hard pong and say lemme go under the meter and see what i do .. only then they bounce up some judges who put them in categories they may or may not agree with .. this will partner up with the previous idea of small car shows where the interested fellas come in and learn more about the rules and procedures of iasca.. so lets say at the show in samar .. when a new competitior comes in the judge tells him "hey we are having a small show once every month or so come learn about us "

i've been hearing this age old question on how to improve the sport and i tried with db drag but politics played its part and i decided let me put my life in order b4 i do anytin like that again .i am all for a better car show so i can justify to my wify why i left her warm bed to go see the some cars

ray d saint
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ray d saint » December 16th, 2010, 9:39 am

discussions finished??

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » December 16th, 2010, 9:44 am

i feel some people afraid to speak thier mind here

ray d saint
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ray d saint » December 16th, 2010, 10:16 am

it should not be so.... Monster Power has valid concerns and points, so does casper... jus come and state u r issues and suggested solutions. it is an open forum.... for ideas and issues to be expressed... Rovin had a great input earlier also...

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » December 16th, 2010, 10:41 am

exactly

speedemonz
3NE 2NR for life

Postby speedemonz » December 17th, 2010, 8:34 am

MonsterPower said "why u think sema is such a big thing .. u dont pay for ur car to be there it is chosen to be there..installs shops work for the right to be chosen .."

I said "I know it may not happen in my life time but promoters should pay the vehicle owners, that way the promoter can chose who he wants in his show and not just because ah pay 200 to bring in meh car in de arena."

Let me fix that in relation to what monster said; I would love to see a proper car show which encourages a builder to lift his craft to a world class standard and I believe having standards set that every prospective competitor understands and having them vie for spots prior to the show even if you want to say a pre judging not for a prize just yet but to ascertain the quality of their creations before the show. I believe we have the talent here to meet and surpass any international standard but we need to put something in place which would encourages the builders to go the extra mile in ensuring all what they do is of a world class standard. Then people like my self may want to spend our money once again to go to a car show.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 17th, 2010, 9:42 am

these 'carshows' we have here suffering. the 'organizers' for want of better terminology, try to get the most amount of people to attend so they try to have the most amount of attractions.

i stopped going car shows 3 years now (not counting the wonderful sq comp. at mbc autotronics in novemeber) because i want to spectate at a AUTO SOUND COMPETITION.
there are others who would like that there be 'competition' rather than just a show.

so these persons, and i, would be greatly dis-satisfied when attending a normel show. the majority of spectators like the shows just the way they are. they are merely an opportunity to socialize and say that they went sumwhere. they don't care about developing the auto sound and auto tuning in this country into serious competitions.

the needs of the minority are not being satisfied. even though i am more of an spl kinda dude, i was significantly impressed by the last sq competition by karti's store.
every one there was satisfied and thought it was a great event, even though it was very small. it was held in his store front customer parking area, as opposed to a rented stadium.

examine why every one there was satisfied with the event. every one there had their needs catered for. the participants, from competitor to spectator like me, got what they went there for; the organizer catered for the desires of the patrons.

the problem with the big shows is that there is a minority of us, spectator and competitor, who are not getting what we go there for.

car shows and competitions are synonymous in the foreign. here, the disorganization and mismanagement of some events leads to a degeneration of both show and competition.

i think we need to separate the show from the competition.

i saw it in action at karti's event. i think smaller events aimed at competition should be held. venues would not have to cater for 10,000 crims lansars and b14's and the mindless socialites who go there just because those cars are there. so the venues could be smaller, reducing the initial overhead already.

if a few of the more experienced people could come together and organize limited competition rather than a show. mimic the experience at karti's but with spl, bass boxing, or even install.
i would not attend that competition for crowd pleaser, but i would attend to check out the set up before the lane and then the score board after the lane.

if is just competitions, then u don't need expensive venues, u don't need big pa systems( which i hate any way). all u need is a place to set up meter and for cars to switch.

i would attend a low profile competition as opposed to a mediocre 'show'.

check out how many serious competitors are there compared to fellas like me who have ah lil hard pong and want to see what it go do,
those fellas who do the bird shying competition, i doubt the pay a lot of over heads, but the sport is alive and continuing.

if u thinking about how to get eh competitors aware of the competitions, all the sq guys know when there is sq comps, and events involving them, and the bird shyer know about their events as well, there is also the karting, dexing, drifting, circuit, and time attack. the spl and the other competitors would be made aware as well when they thing coming up.

if ur thinking about growing the sport, don't study that just yet. get sumthing worth growing first. the more satisfied persons attending the shows u have, are the more potential competitors u have. eventually, when the competitors and spectators get accustomed to well organized competitions, then it would naturally increase in patronization. but the key is to have a forum of well organized sporting event, so that who ever going would know is serious business and u aim to be good rather than just show off.

i remember about 10 years ago, in midcenter mall, a car show had the competition running from about 4 pm with the crowd pleaser at the end. i checked out the cars before in the bright of the day and then was standing against the arena's fencing checking out the scores. the competition was interesting me more than the show. when the crowd started to build outside of the arena for the crowd pleaser, i couldn't move or i would loose my spot, and i really wanted to hear what those systems would sound like, after seeing them on the meter. i stood in one spot for over 5 hours.
but the show did not interest me, the competition did.

and monster power's point was to weed out the mediocre attention whores so that the real inventors and competitors could be more outstanding so that the quality would be greater. the paying was just an idea as to how to achieve the overall goal of that.

ray d saint
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ray d saint » December 17th, 2010, 11:09 am

nice, now we gettin somewhere....

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » December 17th, 2010, 11:24 am

i use to compete in the crowd pleaser in the old days of mid centre mall and it started in daylight

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 17th, 2010, 12:01 pm

i like crowd pleaser, but it has taken over the focus of the shows. i say limit that a lot. start some smaller scale competitions which can be easily managed, and get competitors groomed into organized systematic competitions. let the new people adhere to those rules or protocols. after a while that would be the norm. when people start to behave like human, then allow for controlled expansion to include other fun aspects like crowd pleaser. but the key is control; if it degenerates to the ole way, then u need to scale back the next time to something more manageable.

like at karti's event, everything went smoothly, it was managed properly, and because it was small, and most people there were civilized and knew the protocols, it was able to be managed properly. i being a new comer to that, and not knowing any one there personally, fell into their grove.
we know there are trinis who can mash up any foreigner, any day, any time. we have no proper forum for them to display their abilities uninhibited.

we should stop calling some of the cars shows 'shows', iz more like bazaar or fete.

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » December 17th, 2010, 1:15 pm

exactly

other than a dj
a bar
and crowd pleaser comps what else is there???

cars just making noise on the outside while everybody drinking rum??

is this what shows have degenerated too

thats why there are so many people "anti" car show in this country and now you have other organisations looking to do events and DO NOT want any vehicles with music at thier events due to the stigma and type of crowd it attracts

MonsterPower
punchin NOS

Postby MonsterPower » December 17th, 2010, 7:20 pm

iasca advertises that they finishing at 8pm and most competitors come generally bet 5pm and 7pm knowing that they will get tested .
the crowd pleaser set usually knows that competition wont start until 8pm or so and go till 11pm in some cases which is why some come strolling in at 8pm or 9pm with their supporters in tow

why cant the competitions start earlier ? last few shows i attended i left early cuz i had to work the next day and i really wanted to hear the the "big guns" but sadly i had to go ..

if the competitors know that the crowd pleaser will start at 7pm they will make every effort to attend and make sure that their supporters get their early and not stroll in late and expect the show to stop for them

- Rovin's car audio -
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby - Rovin's car audio - » December 17th, 2010, 7:54 pm

here dead because alot of d issues pertaining to soundoff\gallery is being discussed on mk forum

no offense to MK : this dancing girls ting u now trying to supposedly add variety & lively up d show imho have me waiting unnecessarily long to hear d other categories still to come , yes i watching d wining girls like every other hot blooded male in d audience wud do but i observe d time it takes to do that especially when u say jes 1 more rounds again to make sure who wins : a whole category of CP cud have been done with d time instead so we all cud go home earlier , like Monster Power said d majority of ppl have to wake up early monday morning to go to work , maybe if u still want to have it well do it after d final music category so who want to stay & see it well they can

i know a while ago things were set up in such a way that all d categories started early & we got to hear everybody's system by 11pm & b4 12 midnight most ppl cud reach home - i wud like to see this come back into effect

put on ur flier that all competitors must reach early\register & how d show finishes at 11pm , no more competitors feeling they soooo good that they have to make a special late entrance which holding back d whole show .....

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 17th, 2010, 11:43 pm

if u don't like it, don't go! dat is how dem fellas making they money, and i cyar blame them.
i stop goin, and i don't suffer waiting long times to hear the big boys no more. i don't have to struggle to see a score board.

all allyuh gripe would fall on deaf ears. allyuh trying to change the establishment, and fighting an uphill battle.

u all are very selfish

if that is how they like it, leave them be. those 'promoters' making their bread and butter that way, those 'competitors' getting to show off their stuff that way, those patrons getting what they paid to get that way.

if allyuh want sumting different, then do different.

the style and pace of the iasca sq competitions is more to my preference, and so i would opt to attend those, and may be compete god willing. as for the canaval shows, i choose not to attend; no love lost.

* allyuh doin like people forcin allyuh to attend the people car show,*

ray d saint
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ray d saint » December 21st, 2010, 7:34 am

One of the main issues we are looking at is the starting time of the events.... maybe we can do two categories of music then when it gets dusk dark do the show categories, as the show car owners/installers are the early comers and have requested that dusk dark to showcase their cars, maybe is because of all the lighting and neons and what have you... but the timing is one of the main issues we are looking at.

Another issue is the use of PRO AUDIO equipment for crowd pleaser competitions, Another is the recent trend of 'boxes' that hang 12" and 20" inches OUT a car window, yet they are claiming that "all music is INSIDE the vehicle"

New rules are needed, however some of the installers/competitors have already expressed that it will be 'difficult' to implement... which i do not agree with... u want fair play, yet u not will to play fair.... who do they really want fair play for... maybe for themselves as individuals.

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » December 21st, 2010, 8:26 am

beating a dead horse ray

based on responses on the mk forum people only want rules when it works for them
once it goes against how thier car is built you get "why dont you try it in your show"

at the end of the day

if ALL promoters are not interested in raising the bar and setting proper standards then they will continue to be ruled by the selfish competitors who will bawl if its not their way then them eh coming

Kasey
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Kasey » December 21st, 2010, 9:24 am

When would u guys realise that these shows have priorities:
1) Make Money
2) Make Money
3) Make More money
4) Make de indyan and creole feel nice wid shiney stuff and dancing skettels
5) Bangout Competetion
6) IDBL
7) SQ Competetion

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » December 21st, 2010, 9:28 am

scratch sq off the list completley
its not practical to run sq and any of these events in its present state
unless things change sq will continue to be separate

Kasey
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Kasey » December 21st, 2010, 11:26 am

yea I just put dat to show the priorities that these these promoters give, to certain goals of events that they call 'car shows'. I for one know that SQ doesnt have place in these things they call car shows.

And I am very disappointed in the place that IDBL has now, compared to these 'bang out' competetions. I have not even seen any of the IDBL results posted in a certain promoter's website. They have the bang out comp results tho. I rel rel de-motivated to bring out mih twelve again to an MK show again.

Waitin on an IASCA show to get some recognition........and a trophe.

ray d saint
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ray d saint » December 21st, 2010, 12:30 pm

^^ Kasey if i am not mistaken, on that site that u speak of, 'iascaadmin' posts the results of competition once the show was sanctioned by IASCA. The only IDBL results that were not posted was the last show of the year, which was NOT sanctioned by IASCA.

altec
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby altec » December 21st, 2010, 12:30 pm

What target audience are the promoters aiming at? Back in the day car shows were family oriented. There were things to do for those not into the car audio scene. The end result was children AND adults had a good time. Cars were being judged around five-ish so a person could catch the start if not the end of judging.

Now the target seems to be young males only and that is a small market for T&T. Why not bring in other segments of the market also? What about a real RC racing competition? Kids will love it and thereis a possible draw for more specators. People like the see larger than life installs but most want a stealth install for their vehicles. what about demos of these types of installs for anyone/spectator?

Why all this? Installers can see fees as an investment into their business. Promoters can make more money so winners can get financial rewards.

Crowd pleaser should be judged by a panel of 3 people to make it to finals; its faster and might reduce the "bring your crowd" effect. The crap will be filtered of early.

fuzz_174
Riding on 16's

Postby fuzz_174 » December 21st, 2010, 12:44 pm

ray786 wrote:^^ Kasey if i am not mistaken, on that site that u speak of, 'iascaadmin' posts the results of competition once the show was sanctioned by IASCA. The only IDBL results that were not posted was the last show of the year, which was NOT sanctioned by IASCA.

Actually Ray i think he is referring to the MK curry duck show,and i think he is also making reference to the location of the IDBL tent, far away from everything? Correct me if i am wrong Kasey...

ray d saint
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ray d saint » December 21st, 2010, 12:57 pm

fuzz_174 wrote:
ray786 wrote:^^ Kasey if i am not mistaken, on that site that u speak of, 'iascaadmin' posts the results of competition once the show was sanctioned by IASCA. The only IDBL results that were not posted was the last show of the year, which was NOT sanctioned by IASCA.

Actually Ray i think he is referring to the MK curry duck show,and i think he is also making reference to the location of the IDBL tent, far away from everything? Correct me if i am wrong Kasey...

That is also another issue that MK has to look at, we need to incorporate the IDBL with the 'show' more... in so it was tried at the charity show... but the 'dj' was to close and was also an issue... for the 2011 season it should definitely being looked at... Also i am of the opinion that more recognition should be paid to the IDBL competitors meaning the announcement of the winners, 1st & 2nd place and what categories...after all they are competitors too...

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » December 21st, 2010, 1:08 pm

tell me again why is a dj needed in a car show

who can explain that

Kasey
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Kasey » December 21st, 2010, 1:21 pm

Exactly right fuzz.......

Kasey
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Kasey » December 21st, 2010, 1:30 pm

I get rel horrors to see how Shazard and fuzz and dem dey in de back ah de show with their meter man. Dat just not right. I find these guys dont deserve that at all. They should be at the forefront.

Scores should have been advertised together with the IASCA officials. They/we deserve it.

Regarding the DJ thing. I do professional sound systems myself and I know for sure that you DO NOT NEED A DJ at these events. All you need is a good PA system. Maybe that is the aim of the sound system, but their 'DJ' feel he has to play music too.

I mean the system that the DJ has is enough volume needed for the MC to broadcast for the show, but I think that the sound system should not play music, just use the mic to talk.

Advertisement

Return to “IASCA Caribbean”