Just a quick heads up for all iasca competitors and others

International Auto Sound Challenge Association
Official IASCA T&T Forum

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Just a quick heads up for all iasca competitors and others

Postby SR » May 7th, 2009, 10:58 am

IASCA carribean is presently looking at the situation regarding shows and competitions especially the lack of SQ events and we are presently in discussion with a few parties to have this back on track

even it it means a smaller event jsut for the iasca competitors

will keep you posted as i have the details ironed out

i promise it will be good news for all

nigel1977
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nigel1977 » May 7th, 2009, 11:42 am

This will work great if we get some collaboration from the car audio dealers, and those that can derive some benefit from car audio competitions.

This is a great opportunity for the ICE club to shine, because these smaller events will focus on the individual disciplines of the car audio sport and will give more one on one time with the judges, in a more relaxed environment.

who s next
Street 2NR

Postby who s next » May 7th, 2009, 2:21 pm

this is a grt idea SR

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » May 7th, 2009, 2:40 pm

cant reveal details as yet but this is a collective decision that was made based on discussions with some members and oursleves

We will be takiing this back to a level where it is accesable to anyone intereseted

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: Just a quick heads up for all iasca competitors and othe

Postby casper » May 7th, 2009, 2:54 pm

SR wrote:IASCA carribean is presently looking at the situation regarding shows and competitions especially the lack of SQ events and we are presently in discussion with a few parties to have this back on track

even it it means a smaller event jsut for the iasca competitors

hmmmm.....once upon a time a certain member of this forum linked up the SQ guys with a chance for them to have the opportunity to be able to have more SQ competitions....

what did the SQ guys do???

.....see the following thread for details:

http://forums.trinituner.com/forums/vie ... p?t=236249

Lance
punchin NOS

Postby Lance » May 7th, 2009, 4:43 pm

^^^ That comment offers ZERO contribution to the solution of this problem.

I am now dumber for having read it, Thank you.

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » May 7th, 2009, 5:16 pm

That comment is the truth whether u like it or not

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » May 7th, 2009, 5:23 pm

if you want the truth casper

at the event in skinner park team hybrid offered to do a demo/display of sq and they were placed outside in a car park away from the rest of the show
where they got limited exposure if any at all to promote/demo sq

as well as while idbl was in progress the dj was playing so loud it was almost impossible to hear or communicate with the competitors

while i dont have a problem with a dj playin music the bottom line is its a car show
let the cars on the outside of the arena play thier music

anyway once again this is not a debate or argument about how things were done
this is a step into the future into how things may be done for the benefit of the iasca competitors/members as well as proper education to the public on iasca and its competition process

audioholic big D
Street 2NR

Postby audioholic big D » May 8th, 2009, 1:28 am

Keep moving forward fellas !!!

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » May 8th, 2009, 7:08 am

SR wrote:if you want the truth casper

at the event in skinner park team hybrid offered to do a demo/display of sq and they were placed outside in a car park away from the rest of the show
where they got limited exposure if any at all to promote/demo sq

wasnt talking about demos....i talking about COMPETITIONS....

besides...u really wanted TH to demo where all the gallery cars were???...demo SQ products in a noisy environment??? :?

which part they were located was the quietest and most convenient place they coulda get that day because that was where they had te least noise and plus all patrons apart from competitors entering the show would have had to enter from that side anyways...

i remember Matthew informed TH that behind the stands in the car park was the only available quiet place in the venue and they didnt seem to have a problem....

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » May 8th, 2009, 7:51 am

sooo

moving on

My prioroty is to look after the iasca members and ensure that they are getting value for money as well as to ensure that proper competitons are held and are accessable to all

Iasca has purchased its own 10x10 tent and will be looking at having smaller sized events as well as the regualr sanctioned events to make up the amount of compettions required for a season
especially for sq as this seems to be getting left behind

coming soon to a venue in the southland will be the first sq event
there may still aslo be an idbl event at the end of this month in deep south

dates and locations will be firmed up this weekend
need to meet with the judges first

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » May 8th, 2009, 7:57 am

casper
thereality of the situation is that i dont see sq being a part of an mk event other than the national finals as the venue layout among other things do not accomodate for it

i have no major issues with idbl at mk events there are some minor issues that can probably be sorted out with one meeting prior to the next event

but you need to understand that IASCA does not only run idbl and sq is also part of the competitions
sq competitors do require a more confirmed date listing to have vehicles prepared

and while anyone can compete in idbl there in sq you msut be a member unless you are competing in sqc which is open to anyone but sound only

IASCA has a responsablity to its membership and must keep or commitment to them

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » May 8th, 2009, 8:16 am

^^^now we getting somewhere :D

whats the difference between sqc and sq???

one is a kinda open class thing and the other is restricted or somn so ent???

is there anything u can do to allow any and everyone to enter sq without having to be a registered member???

it might help....u see....IMO...newbies wont wanna enter in sqc if its what i think it is because they will be at a disadvantage...so they might kinda feel discouraged...

plz explain da diff so i could get a clearer understanding of the 2

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » May 8th, 2009, 8:33 am

sqc is a sound only competiton no install

sqc has 2 classes 1 seat judging and 2 seat judging
sqc must have at least 3 competitors to constitute the class

sound is judges using the same iasca format for regular sq

i would have thought by now you would have known all of this

Sully
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sully » May 8th, 2009, 8:34 am

casper, I don't know if you've seen what the scoresheet looks like. IT's basically divided into two sections. Sound and Install.
SQi competitors are judged on both sound and install, and there are several categories within this.
SQC the competitor is judged only on sound. Install is not judged.

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » May 8th, 2009, 8:42 am

IASCA's mission statement

Our mission is to promote the Mobile Electronics Industry and to enhance the Retailer’s ability to consistently reach greater segments of the consumer marketplace. Our goal is to be the most effective, value added sales and marketing organization in the industry. We will nurture, build and strengthen Retailers in their local marketplace by means of IASCA’s consumer Autosound Clinic formats, subsequent IASCA Soundoff competitions and culminating in strategically positioned IASCA Territorial Key Event Expos.

Our Commitment to the entire IASCA membership is that we will remain true and equitable, contributing to the growth of our industry while remaining

The Standard by Which Great Mobile Electronics Performance is Measured.

who s next
Street 2NR

Postby who s next » May 8th, 2009, 9:35 am

SR wrote:IASCA's mission statement

Our mission is to promote the Mobile Electronics Industry and to enhance the Retailer’s ability to consistently reach greater segments of the consumer marketplace. Our goal is to be the most effective, value added sales and marketing organization in the industry. We will nurture, build and strengthen Retailers in their local marketplace by means of IASCA’s consumer Autosound Clinic formats, subsequent IASCA Soundoff competitions and culminating in strategically positioned IASCA Territorial Key Event Expos.

Our Commitment to the entire IASCA membership is that we will remain true and equitable, contributing to the growth of our industry while remaining

The Standard by Which Great Mobile Electronics Performance is Measured.
sr once u getsomething like this started then u will probably see a differancein car show promoters

Advertisement

Return to “IASCA Caribbean”