100% iasca 15 kay donna drive in nov 30th

International Auto Sound Challenge Association
Official IASCA T&T Forum

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

- Rovin's car audio -
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby - Rovin's car audio - » December 1st, 2008, 8:18 pm

my review :

well i reach after 5.30pm because when i reach charlieville i realized i left a red brick to press down d gas pedal during metering so i drove back by d shop 4 it ... :oops: .... :lol: ... (jeff actually took a pic of d red brick in my car & i bet he will pos it up later ... :lol: )

when i entered there was a line with only 3 cars waiting to test & d place was like 1\10th or less full so IMO iasca cant be blamed for d long lines which was about 7pm because most everybody reached after dark & lined up at d same time to test

i like d crowd barrier which was about 20ft from where d testing area so thats very good for safety & room for competitors (in a other metered show last wk they had NO barriers so anybody cud walk\stand where they please) .... though in this show there were a few stubborn ppl who kept hanging out in d test area

to me d testing went along pretty good with a few stalled cars in d test area which kept back some progress - thats life

shameer did d announcing with a bit of yankee accent thrown in between :mrgreen: but his commentary was funny at times which added a lil spice in between which i have no problem with ...

BUT what u all shud do for d crowd is to make sure & say a little on what equipment each vehicle has so when a car pulls up & crowd sees a score they wont know if it was 1 or 2 subs at least which did that - i heard what most cars had but try to say what every1 has

DJ _ i have seen MANY ppl throughout d whole yr constantly complain about DJs in all carshows & i was disappointed by how u all allowed d DJ to be constantly banging loud even throughout d commentary so i was surprised u all cud work with that atmosphere , most of d time i stood by d opposite end from d dj - IMO u DONT need a very loud DJ set

soundboys on d outside of d arena & throughout d compound - OMG ! ....... these fellers were SOOOOO frigging annoying with their shitty tuned & distorted sets , mids boxes stacked up high like if its a effing music truck - whole time i had to endure it & i felt like im going nuts hearing sheit that alot of ppl call "music" - all those monkeys shud have gone on d meter to prove how loud they really r instead of making stupid noise with 2 eminence ....

nice display with d 2 18s DC audio install - too bad i didnt get to hear it play

gr8 installs by jeff & DK

for some ppl who say they r bored :

in spl they dont play music just tones so wtf u expect to hear ..... there is no unfair crowd pleaser sheit here for u to walk with ur posse to bray for u ....u cant bribe d meter ....... there is bass boxing for those who r willing to let d crowd hear their sets in a arena which was pretty nice ....& for those who want to play their sets loud like they in medford after testing then u d crowd can get 'enjoyment' from that & there were rides in fact doing that

music farm pickup with d 18" audiopulse sub was probably d best overall loud set i heard for this show

venue need a bit more lighting

even though we r same category competitors , thanks to Team «2ló2flõ» for d drinks & good sportsmanship , nice hanging out with u guys .... :)

overall i had a good time & d trophies were nice\different from d others i got throughout d yr ...keep up d good work & i look 4ward to all of next yr's shows.....:fadein:

Racegod
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Racegod » December 2nd, 2008, 12:54 am

Now i wasn't at the show due to other things that needed my attention...

however reading some of the things that folks are saying about the show... i'll just keep this short and simple...

1. iDBL problem of long lines... ppl you all need to understand that the meter normally gets going from about 2pm, or there abouts... you are free to come test whenever you want from that time... the problem of long lines are indeed something that is in the control of the competitor, organization cannot be blamed for this neither can Iasca.

2. Prices.. i've noticed at many cars shows that the advertised prices, tend to "change" depending on who is the person at the door. Maybe the organizing bodies need to pay attention to the little discrepancies that occur from time to time. where the ppl at the door trying to make ah cut. There should be a standardized format for pricing and entry. For example ticketing that would've been printed "pre-show" with pricing information, which would them be paid for at the door, and you have your ticket stub as proof of payment.

3. I think that you all that complain about time, need to take a page out of the SQ competitors. We get there for 9AM every show, and compete in the hot sun and stay in the show for quite some time. Ppl complaining and saying oh this is trinidad and such.. need to wake up and smell the coffee. this is trinidad so what? ppl must tolerant your inconsiderate behavior? times are set, deal with it.

4. I agree though that some car shows tend to get a bit how to say, cramped for space sometimes... especially when ppl just park how they want to park... i think that promoters/organizers need to have proper security to deal with parking within the arena. Give marked out areas for crews, who will have to indicate before hand how many cars they are bringing... this would allow the organizers the better ability to manage the long lines heading to iDBL and who ever else needs to move around. It will also bring a sense of order to the entire show.

5. Keeping the interest of the crowd. I think we've all forgotten the essence of a "car show"... well the trini version atleast... ppl really come out to see different crews, grudge matches between them, the pretty cars, the loud sounds.. and the impressive fetes... like Rovin's setup... casper... comfort... atomic bomb... now this doesn't mean that they coming to just watch... we as presenters in the car show... yes when your car is in the arena you are presenting your car to the public... you should demo your car... and in some cases... let ppl get the opportunity to listen to different sound systems... if folks were to come out more often to SQ events, i would be more than welcome to allow persons to sit in my car and actually hear what it sounds like... in short... don't just park up your car, take the spaces of persons who may actually be there to do something... i heard fuzz mention something about putting the scores of iDBL cars with white shoe polish on their cars, i think its a great idea... as well as it would be good to have a notice board near the judging booth indicating scores and which car or crew is in the lead in different categories... it will help keep the interest.. as half de time, the only way to find out who in the lead and what cate they competing in is to stick around and watch every car go in and out... sometimes you don't even know who wins... i think we should look at having a proper award giving ceremony at the end of the iDBL competitions, and the same goes for SQ...rather than ah... here, go collect ur trophy... promoters need to make competitors feel welcomed and appreciated for coming out to support THEIR shows... cuz its not like they will survive without the show cars.. they need us, so they should put a little more into showing appreciation...

that's just some of my views... i wish i was at the show to see what everyone was talking about for myself...

shameer
Sweet on this forum

Postby shameer » December 2nd, 2008, 8:49 am

keep the comments comming cause these are the things that will make our events better:

i am thinking 4 arena for 2009 with 4 separate pa sustems:

1. idbl
2. sound quality
3. bass boxing
4. other categories(best paint, customised etc) and bang out crowd pleasers

i believe this will help the interest of everyone

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » December 2nd, 2008, 9:10 am

^^^something like the MK and IASCA finals which went this year Oct. ent???

bess idea...... :)

avinashr
3NE 2NR for life

Postby avinashr » December 2nd, 2008, 9:19 am

shameer, how about assigning a judge to inspect vehicles while they are in the lines. rather than inspecting in front of the booth? this would help save time so that once a vehicle pull up by the booth is just to place the meter, test and pull out! :?: :!: :idea:

shaker
3NE 2NR for life

idbl

Postby shaker » December 2nd, 2008, 1:10 pm

avinashr wrote...
[quote=shameer, how about assigning a judge to inspect vehicles while they are in the lines. rather than inspecting in front of the booth? this would help save time so that once a vehicle pull up by the booth is just to place the meter, test and pull out! :?: :!: :idea:[/quote]

yeah shameer that is a great idea........it will help speed things up..........

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » December 2nd, 2008, 1:15 pm

avinashr wrote:shameer, how about assigning a judge to inspect vehicles while they are in the lines. rather than inspecting in front of the booth? this would help save time so that once a vehicle pull up by the booth is just to place the meter, test and pull out! :?: :!: :idea:

nice idea but stuff could get changed on the way.. best to inspect each car in the lanes, it helps prevent cheating... :wink:

i heard fuzz mention something about putting the scores of iDBL cars with white shoe polish on their cars

interesting!

avinashr
3NE 2NR for life

Postby avinashr » December 2nd, 2008, 2:38 pm

3stagevtec wrote:
avinashr wrote:shameer, how about assigning a judge to inspect vehicles while they are in the lines. rather than inspecting in front of the booth? this would help save time so that once a vehicle pull up by the booth is just to place the meter, test and pull out! :?: :!: :idea:

nice idea but stuff could get changed on the way.. best to inspect each car in the lanes, it helps prevent cheating... :wink:

i understand that. but think about it this way. if the vehicle in front pulls up and tests and leaves then you are looking at 2 mins max for a vehicle to leave the arena. inspection will be done on the basis of the next car in line. lets say 3stage is on the meter, and i am next while 3stage is running, my car will be inspected. the judge will then signal me into the arena.

something to think about! :idea:

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » December 2nd, 2008, 3:06 pm

i heard fuzz mention something about putting the scores of iDBL cars with white shoe polish on their cars

yip....this was done already and it was really kool for truth....i remember taking the pics that fuzz and dem introduced this system and i put it up on matthew site....

some examples

the only thing is that ppl will rubb off their score from their car if they get a shiddy one....LOL

cuz that white polish showing ur score is rell make out scene if u and a next man warrin and one ah alyuh braggin bout who louder dan who... :lol:

TheWiseOne
Trinituner Peong

Postby TheWiseOne » December 2nd, 2008, 4:03 pm

avinashr wrote:
i understand that. but think about it this way. if the vehicle in front pulls up and tests and leaves then you are looking at 2 mins max for a vehicle to leave the arena. inspection will be done on the basis of the next car in line. lets say 3stage is on the meter, and i am next while 3stage is running, my car will be inspected. the judge will then signal me into the arena.

something to think about! :idea:

Hoss u forget which crew u does lime with.........they does take d most time............

avinashr
3NE 2NR for life

Postby avinashr » December 2nd, 2008, 4:33 pm

TheWiseOne wrote:Hoss u forget which crew u does lime with.........they does take d most time............

yea because all our vehicles does go in one time :snipersmile: .... beside that when we waiting in the line..... is because OTHER PEOPLE takin long :wtf: as well as most of the times we TEST LAST! so that what u saying dey, eh making any sense 0X

- Rovin's car audio -
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby - Rovin's car audio - » December 2nd, 2008, 6:29 pm

but my car was inspected at d same time a other car was on d meter so this idea is already in use ....

shameer
Sweet on this forum

Postby shameer » December 3rd, 2008, 6:40 am

THIS IS AN EXCELLENT IDEA....

this will be in full effect for the next event.....

well people gonna start another post........what we could not finish at kaydonna we will finish in samar....south players and sound enhancemant car show and sound off december 14 2008 samar entertainment center penal......iasca idbl sanctioned....see you there

Sully
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sully » December 3rd, 2008, 8:15 am

No SQ in south?

fuzz_174
Riding on 16's

Postby fuzz_174 » December 3rd, 2008, 11:59 am

nope

Racegod
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Racegod » December 3rd, 2008, 6:02 pm

why not?...

nigel1977
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nigel1977 » December 4th, 2008, 7:50 am

because.
Ever heard of off-season...

silent_riot
punchin NOS

Postby silent_riot » December 4th, 2008, 7:54 am

Yep, and a good time to browse the car audio classifieds.

Lance
punchin NOS

Postby Lance » December 4th, 2008, 7:57 am

Yep,
Or time to stock up on family/girlfriend time

nigel1977
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nigel1977 » December 4th, 2008, 8:10 am

All of the above. Guys who dedicated their weekends and all their free time to competing the ENTIRE season, need an off season to do all the things they were neglecting. I personally am looking fwd to a long vacation from anything to do with car audio that i cant do from my pc. There's a mile long list of chores i need to do. Anybody is paint house here? Landscaping maybe? :mrgreen:

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » December 4th, 2008, 8:44 am

do it your self since you now have time in the "OFF" season

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

but the off season is always a good time to reflect on what has happened for the past year and how to plan and proceed for the next season

We have already had a prelim discussion with dates for 2009 and it looks like at least 11 events from as early as jan however it has yet to be determiend with regards as to when sq will start

there will be some minor rule changes with rgeards to install in sq
specifically the wire size chart and fuse ratings need to be reviewed due to the now more efficient modern amps as that chart has been around for a while
some other minor points with rgeards to isntall also need to be fine tuned and if anyoen has comments or suggestions let me know as i am presently in discussion with the rules commitee regarding these issues and some others with respect to idbl
bass boxing in trinidad is going to be totally revamped to make it more interactive with the crowd as well as a faster process in the pre qualifications for the final 2

i am hoping to have final decisions on the rules and basss boxing before the end of the year
idbl score sheets may change in appearance as well to be more efficient for reveiwing scores

and i am pushing for a fully downloadable rule book in pdf format so you no longer have to buy one and it will be available to anyone member or not
we will still have the binders for sale if you want and a pdf format for the binder pages
not cast in stone as yet but looks promising so far

nigel1977
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nigel1977 » December 4th, 2008, 9:10 am

do it your self since you now have time in the "OFF" season

Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

Just because I have the time, doesn't mean I WANT to do them. LOL.

Wagner power painter FTW !!!!!

kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby kurpal_v2 » December 4th, 2008, 9:56 am

audioangel wrote:i got in, but my brother was in the car and the lady at the gate said it was $60 entrance for him, and that was about 5:15pm she said it was $50 before 4pm

I share a similar concern, can we have some educated ppl at the gate next time? Shammer wife was cool at the gate but the chick with the wise men shirt gave me attitude and asked me the colour of the van etc when the van was parked next to her.. And I was the only one in the damn line, noone else behind us..

Lance wrote:Everybody does wha make an entrance, :|

Hope u were taking notes 8-)

Congrates to everyone and got damn yall see 1st place in rookie1 149!!!! stress :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Is level bachanal :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

jeff
Riding on 18's

Postby jeff » December 5th, 2008, 6:53 am

btw when is the award ceremony?

nigel1977
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nigel1977 » December 5th, 2008, 1:20 pm

Spoke to shammer. I should collecting the my team's trophies this weekend.

jeff
Riding on 18's

Postby jeff » December 5th, 2008, 3:28 pm

oo i was told that there would be a separate prize giving

can any of the officials confirm this?

nigel1977
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nigel1977 » December 6th, 2008, 2:21 pm

call shameer. 681-4144

jeff
Riding on 18's

Postby jeff » December 9th, 2008, 5:23 pm

i spoke with shameer this afternoon and he said for sure he will bring the trophies for the ice club members

Sully
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sully » December 10th, 2008, 6:12 am

did you ask him what time?

rich.com
Street 2NR

Postby rich.com » January 4th, 2009, 2:25 pm

Anyone know wat site you can find the pics for kay donna show....

Advertisement

Return to “IASCA Caribbean”