question on the current world record list

International Auto Sound Challenge Association
Official IASCA T&T Forum

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

HUSTLERS
Street 2NR

question on the current world record list

Postby HUSTLERS » January 16th, 2008, 6:52 pm

did anyone else noticed that on d current worldrecord list thailand seemed to be on top but beating their opponent by a near 10db have me wondering if they are using d plus 10 mode on d meter.
also how could anissan fronteir do 158db and be in stock pro 2
now I know that our local judges are also international judges so could they investigate this.
I know u may feel this is not our business but it could affect us e.g. take a look at ultimate 2 if u minus 10 our own yasin baksh would place 3rd in the world.
this info was found on iasca.com/events/top20/2008-list

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » January 16th, 2008, 8:41 pm

cut thru's are allowed box is probably in the tray

pimptacular
30 pounds of Boost

Postby pimptacular » January 16th, 2008, 8:47 pm

SR is right that has also been done in trinidad..sound extreme has a black vigo with 4 10s cut thru and the box is in the tray..but in trinidad there are very few pure spl vehicles most are gallery systems

jeff
Riding on 18's

Re: question on the current world record list

Postby jeff » January 16th, 2008, 10:20 pm

HUSTLERS wrote: beating their opponent by a near 10db

lol correct pimp most trinis dont know what spl cars are, they refer to spl cars as cars with lots of midranges

so to get beaten by 10db is no surprise

silent_riot
punchin NOS

Postby silent_riot » January 16th, 2008, 11:40 pm

^^^Exactly, the cars that make these records go all out for SPL...
One of the STOCK 1 spl installs I saw had..
1) No mids,
2) about 24 runs of 0ga wire from front battery to the rear
3) Enclosure tuned to 73Hz
4) 1 Ohm rated amps underloaded to 0.35 Ohms

How many cars in trinidad have any of this?

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » January 17th, 2008, 7:46 am

none as far as i can tell as everyone still wants to be "gallary" as well

however in other countries such as thailand and south africa its all about spl

and the vehicles are built for that purpose
hence the high scores compared to other people around the world even in the states as usually the guys in stock and stock pro are playing systems

if you want to compete in idbl you need to step up to the plate
i dont know if trinidad is ready to do that other than the utlimate class vehicles we have at present everyone wants to "gallary" as well

and in trying to get a balance between both you will never be best at either

HUSTLERS
Street 2NR

Postby HUSTLERS » January 17th, 2008, 2:14 pm

silent_riot wrote:^^^Exactly, the cars that make these records go all out for SPL...
1) No mids,

NONE: because stock u only allowed 1 run of wire

HUSTLERS
Street 2NR

Postby HUSTLERS » January 17th, 2008, 2:50 pm

d reason I used yasin baksh as an example was that I know they went a long with their car
also shameer went all the way out with his van and did the highest spl score in t&t 170db but look at thailand ult 2 178.1db now dont get the wrong idea shameer & yasin scores are both beyond great
the main question still remains ~ is there any way we could find out if these score are true
if they are is there any way we could get some help from them?

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » January 17th, 2008, 4:47 pm

if you make a trip to spring break nationals you will be able to talk to quite a few of the top guys and you will the differences in how the cars are built to get those scores and stay within the rules

silent_riot
punchin NOS

Postby silent_riot » January 17th, 2008, 5:29 pm

HUSTLERS wrote:
silent_riot wrote:^^^Exactly, the cars that make these records go all out for SPL...
1) No mids,

NONE: because stock u only allowed 1 run of wire

I talking 2007 Rules where only one battery in the engine compartment was allowed. That is the setup of the WR holder for STOCK1 in 2007: 159db or so. STOCK 2 WR holder i believe has a similar design, different equipment.

silent_riot
punchin NOS

Postby silent_riot » January 17th, 2008, 5:45 pm

I not sure of the year 06,07?, eh...but my point is are the local spl guys designing systems to be competitive enough with the records that are out now? Do they even know these designs and/or spl techniques?

I just asking eh.

HUSTLERS
Street 2NR

Postby HUSTLERS » January 17th, 2008, 7:51 pm

silent riot u have any pic of that
sr ~ will the wr thailand vehicles be there?

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » January 17th, 2008, 9:22 pm

i dont know buti am sure there will be some amercan vehicles aiming to take back thier records

silent_riot
punchin NOS

Postby silent_riot » January 17th, 2008, 9:33 pm

http://forums.trinituner.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=71604

Dont have pics of the inside of course. All DD of course.

MonsterPower
punchin NOS

Postby MonsterPower » January 17th, 2008, 10:03 pm

silent_riot wrote:I not sure of the year 06,07?, eh...but my point is are the local spl guys designing systems to be competitive enough with the records that are out now? Do they even know these designs and/or spl techniques?

I just asking eh.

my answer to this will be NO ... they dont they just build a box and do the bare basics needed to get up to a certain spl or better yet just build a box and "hope" to hit a certain number

i know quite a number of international competitors of which a few are world record holders including scott owens ,chris norris and christof hertzog and from some of the hard work i have seen them do its nuttin compared to what the local competitors do

and sr is right take a trip to spring break or world finals at either db drag or iasca and see how these cars do it

i have seen a guy do a 160db with 1 battery 2 18" and 4 amps .. but the work and fine details was all plain science and hard work .. something i think few people trini will be willing to do .

i have been saying we will not see higher numbers here in trini until people start to get into the advance portion of spl and work into the intricate theory of all that goes into spl .

simple example look at sq and where it is reaching here .. world class competitors because they go out and look as well as speak to people who are on top and find out what they are doing to be on top .. some if not all has gone as far as to get into the science of it all and from what i heard is ready to compete in world finals..

t trinlect
Ricer

Postby t trinlect » January 18th, 2008, 7:07 am

Hi. Thats right bro. Spl car are built deferent im from team cactus sounds canada
aka team trinlect im in street max 1-2 db dragracing, Monsterpower know what he saying take a trip to spring break or world finals and you will see what he talking bout.
My spl car got 1 battery 2 18'' and 4 amps doing 161.4 dbs.

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » January 18th, 2008, 8:14 am

the sound q guys have stepped up to the plate and some have already made the trip as well as thru training sessions from myself and nigell1977 we have collectiviely raised the bar when it comes to the competetivness of the local sound q vehciles

shameer has started to raise the bar now when it comes to spl

its time for the spl guys to actually get serious

as i ahve said trying to balance both between gallary and spl will not cut it when it comes to high scores for spl

as well as most competitors ignore to do the one most important upgrade to thier system

ELECTRICAL

if you dont have the juice it wont make a difference what brand name amp and sub you run or how many as you will never have the power to supply
how many people using either a "bamboo" alternator or "meh electrician rewire to to give meh more" alternator

most will quicker spend on amps and subs rather than a good power supply for the vehicle

as well as most dont sound dampen or seal thier vehicles properly

as i said a trip to spring break nationals will opne your eyes when it comes to scores and vhicle builds with probably less equimpment than most are running
and usually at sbn competitors are friendly and willing to discuss and show thier systems especially to international guests

ask daren narine aka the puzzle he has already hooked up with central florida spl

he made the trip to both spring break nationals and world finals in 2007

i am sure he will tell you whats different

t trinlect
Ricer

Postby t trinlect » January 18th, 2008, 9:40 am

I think trini's can built good spl car if this topic kep going on like this, And ppl post
pics of spl cars and talk about electrical system. I can post some pics of my spl car if you like and i can halp out as much as i can i go to a lot of shows and have lots of pics of spl vhicles.

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » January 18th, 2008, 9:57 am

thro up some pics of what u got concentrate on the actuul build rather than the final pics

t trinlect
Ricer

Postby t trinlect » January 18th, 2008, 10:03 am

Im at work right now so tonight i will start to post some pics.

HUSTLERS
Street 2NR

Postby HUSTLERS » January 18th, 2008, 12:34 pm

thanks u guys ....now we gettin somewhere
but cant we get some pros to give seminars or some thing .....remember some of us have to work & cannot go also some may not afford it............we could arrange someone e.g. that c. noris guy and organise a price for the seminar

t trinilect please email me your adress hustlers7828@hotmail.com i could do with your help :lol:

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » January 18th, 2008, 12:51 pm

unless there is enough interest from people for somthing like this i can arrange it

the sound q guys were willig to pay for training etc

are the spl guys willing?

shameer and myself will have some discussions at spring break and see what can be arranged and costs

HUSTLERS
Street 2NR

Postby HUSTLERS » January 18th, 2008, 12:59 pm

that would be great we could start talking to people and see who interested before hand....................................all who will be interested in improving their game please respond!!!!! :|

HUSTLERS
Street 2NR

Postby HUSTLERS » January 18th, 2008, 1:05 pm

this will be good for new compettitors also..........................remember a technician can only do so much is up to u to put the extra effort

t trinlect
Ricer

Postby t trinlect » January 18th, 2008, 2:09 pm

HUSTLERS wrote:thanks u guys ....now we gettin somewhere
but cant we get some pros to give seminars or some thing .....remember some of us have to work & cannot go also some may not afford it............we could arrange someone e.g. that c. noris guy and organise a price for the seminar

t trinilect please email me your adress hustlers7828@hotmail.com i could do with your help :lol:

Hay i now Chris Noris and william good friends of my he do ex 5+ on db dragracing

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » January 18th, 2008, 2:51 pm

i am sorry but due to an issue last year i doubt very much chris norris will be returing to trinidad

william was here until december

rigman00
Sweet on this forum

Postby rigman00 » January 18th, 2008, 3:53 pm

good point sr about the electrical...if the local guys would take time to have their vehicle tuned properly for spl they would have time for crowd pleaser and them ting

MonsterPower
punchin NOS

Postby MonsterPower » January 19th, 2008, 12:10 am

rigman00 wrote:good point sr about the electrical...if the local guys would take time to have their vehicle tuned properly for spl they would have time for crowd pleaser and them ting

burrr???

pplz doh tell me u have spl and crowdpleaser in the same sentence!

t trinlect
Ricer

Postby t trinlect » January 19th, 2008, 8:33 am

How to post pics ??.on here.

boom
Riding on 18's

Postby boom » January 19th, 2008, 8:52 am

Advertisement

Return to “IASCA Caribbean”