TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Availability of P10 Primeras?

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Availability of P10 Primeras?

Postby david12 » January 4th, 2022, 6:24 pm

Tuners, what is the availability of P10s like these days. I always preferred these as opposed to the newer P11s, it may even be my dream car lol. I've seen one or two on the road but nothing advertising. Would love to have one of these as a project. Let's just say I was young at that time so what was the market like back then? Who sold them? Any rough estimates on how many were sold?
Last edited by david12 on January 4th, 2022, 6:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

agent007
punchin NOS

Re: Availability of P10 Primeras?

Postby agent007 » January 5th, 2022, 6:34 pm

You are looking for a vehicle that is more or less 3 decades old where only a handful of units were imported here.

Whilst not impossible, you should take note that if you do source one, this "dream" car of yours would require some tlc and there lies your next challenge: Sourcing of body parts if required.

The only saving grace here is that it uses GA and SR engines so you okay in that regard but you still not out of the woods yet cause whilst those were once considered staple engines within Nissan's inventory, aftermarket support dwindles by the day!

You better off with a P11 and well P12's are rubbish so yeah, thats my take.

If you serious about a P10 acquisition, put an add out in the classifieds and let it run for a week to 2 weeks and see how it goes or better yet...hit social media. You bound to get some replies.

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: Availability of P10 Primeras?

Postby david12 » January 5th, 2022, 7:13 pm

Thanks agent! It's a build I wanted to do for some years now, just never got the time. Still don't have the time now so this will happen in the not too distant future, didn't post in the classifieds for this reason. Was hoping to get some info to see if it makes sense to hunt for one when I'm ready. Also I was talking to a Nissan person and apparently they were only brought in foreign used.
The first generation G20 is a P10 so I was hoping body parts shouldn't be that hard to source.

Pretty odd choice for a dream car but I love the way the P10 looks and with the amount of P11s locally it's just not special enough.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”