TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

TriniGT's Project R32 GTR - Fuel Setup On The Way!!!

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

TriniGT
punchin NOS

TriniGT's Project R32 GTR - Fuel Setup On The Way!!!

Postby TriniGT » March 21st, 2012, 8:17 am

So I cut my losses and sold the GTT I had a while back and have since had some other projects like my Forester, well my Silvia (which is for sale) and also my Legacy (which is also for sale). Over the years I have met and helped many people and also got help from a lot as well and would so have it that a friend I would regularly speak with had this four door R34, he told me it was a four wheel and immediately after I had thoughts that maybe it can be a nice project if carried out properly. I told him if ever he was selling let me know and so would have it that last year he calls to let me know that he is looking at selling, honestly it was a bad time for me but decided maybe I can make this happen, two months down the road I am in possession of it and my story begins :D.

I told him doh worry I will do some justice to it, so here is my immediate and future plans for it, nope nothing to hide and any tips will be gladly noted. The only things I am sorry I did were selling some of the GTR parts I had but not all was lost and I will have to acquire some other items. Plan is to give it that GTR look and swap some power into it. I already have some items that I purchased off a very good friend a while back for the body work, I have a Nismo Front Bumper, GTR side skirts with Nismo underskirting, rear bumper with Nismo Spats, Diffusers, rear GTR fenders, GTR Rear Spoiler, GTR interior, MFD and a recently acquired RB26DETT :D :drinking: . Here is what I am starting off with and how it is going to finish.
This is going to be the final product and I am pushing for something identical to this and I am confident it can happen with no corners being cut.

MORE TO COME!!!!
Last edited by TriniGT on June 21st, 2014, 10:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.

.:PROZAC:..
punchin NOS

Re: TriniGT's Project R34 GT FOUR

Postby .:PROZAC:.. » March 21st, 2012, 8:21 am

Go for it man, would love to see how you're widening the rear fenders, I know there are kits actually, poly-filled with metal skin
You have some really decent projects and great taste. I know I can't afford to do these things at the moment so gladly living through these builds.

.:PROZAC:..
punchin NOS

Postby .:PROZAC:.. » March 21st, 2012, 8:25 am

This was a buddy's that was widened.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » March 21st, 2012, 8:41 am

The Heart of the four banger, a couple may know the engine, yes it has become a celebrity quickly since it graced our shores :lol:,
The tear down began but before I go further a run down of what I could see from the top of my head. Car has no ECU and no coilpacks, I am looking at either a Power FC / Vipec / AEM setup for it when the time comes, harness is butchered (already located a replacement harness, thanks Brian), Splitfires already located as well. Engine has Sard 700CC injectors, what seems to be a Tomei Fuel Rail with braided lines, huge HKS Fuel Pressure Regulator (size of a Walbro Pump), Upgraded Individual Throttle Bodies, Extended Sump, what seems to be an HKS T51S turbo setup, HKS bottom mounted cast iron manifold, big HKS external wastegate.

Looking at the block we can see yes the famous 24U and not the standard 5U, so yes this is an N1 block so far, internals will be checked when I drop the sump hopefully weekend. Cam covers were removed and WTF N1 custom cams, what is that engraved 272 9.7 IN and EX :shock: , oh it gets better, removed the ITB setup and I am looking at a match ported intake plenum to throttle bodies to adapter plate to head, the port work is spectacular, and when I look inside the port I can see what looks like brand spankin new bronze guides and no doubt probably upgraded valves. Looking under the cams you can see the area in the head machined to accept the bigger cam lobes, not sure if standard but the RB25 head I have does not have this machine work as standard so I am thinking it was done, the springs for these cams will no doubt be upgraded and more than likely the buckets and shim as well. There are also adjustable cam gears as well.

I will be giving the engine a total refresh with gaskets and seals and cleaning the entire exterior, not removing the head and black at all but just neatening the exterior. Will be ordering a full gasket / seal kit and definitely a replacement silicone hose set for the entire engine as the current hose are in a mess. The clutch seems to be either a twin OS or triple and the gearbox seems to have been opened, maybe to upgrade the stock gears with some upgrade but not going to speculate. The entire rear suspension is fitted with Nismo arms and was told that the diff is too upgraded to either a Nismo or Cusco, so the front diff too may be an upgrade. A couple more snaps but updates will follow soon enough as parts come in, will take some time but should come out half decent at some point. Must say thanks to Navin from D&D for the engine!!!

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » March 21st, 2012, 8:47 am

Prozac, thanks for the insight, I am going full metal with proper treatment. Fenders will be removed soon from the back half and grafted in place and treated and prepped, it will blend from the end of the rear fenders straight into the rear doors. The rear bumper will be the hardest part as I will have to cut both the original GT rear bumper and GTR rear bumper to make one plastic one, no fibreglass here, fully plastic business. Will be looking for a Carbon Trunklid and Bonnet for it at some point later on. I initially looked at the engine thought the condition was questionable but I looked past the dirt and grime and saw the potential. Time will tell and time it will take but bit by bit in the nights and the weekends I will be very very busy.

NXTREME
Riding on 17's

Postby NXTREME » March 21st, 2012, 9:03 am

damn....this gonna be fun!!!

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » March 21st, 2012, 9:49 am

i hate you
/wrists

looking forward to your amazing work as usual

jeevdude199
Shifting into 6th

Postby jeevdude199 » March 21st, 2012, 10:07 am

ohhh looking forward to this build

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » March 21st, 2012, 10:19 am

Everyone asked me why I am leaving the game and selling everything, I wanna let everyone know I am back, but the sooner I can have other cars out the stable the quicker I can have this up and running, someone buy my Silvia and Legacy please :lol:!!!

wheelwizard
Street 2NR

Postby wheelwizard » March 21st, 2012, 10:42 am

hmm nice i saw 1 same color in barrackpore once they look great loving the 4-door's :D btw this baby registered?

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » March 21st, 2012, 10:45 am

wheelwizard wrote:hmm nice i saw 1 same color in barrackpore once they look great loving the 4-door's :D btw this baby registered?

This one was originally an older guys own, that my friend from Gasparillo bought and I now have it, yes registered only costed $160 to transfer :lol:.

NXTREME
Riding on 17's

Postby NXTREME » March 21st, 2012, 10:56 am

daz y it so familiar....seen this in marabella before.

wheelwizard
Street 2NR

Postby wheelwizard » March 21st, 2012, 11:03 am

old people really know how to keep car good yes! :lol: nice skyline bro would love to see it when completed.

Yeo
TunerGod

Postby Yeo » March 21st, 2012, 11:45 am

Jas.... your wife realll understandin boi.... Lol!

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » March 21st, 2012, 11:53 am

Well it better than running down woman, which more expensive in the long run :lol:

200sx
Trinituner Peong

Postby 200sx » March 21st, 2012, 12:30 pm

Looking good Jason!

Wished I could've moved up in that bracket! "34" u no what I mean! Lol!

Good luck with the project!

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » March 21st, 2012, 12:53 pm

is this the one from palmiste? its looking really familiar

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » March 21st, 2012, 1:09 pm

Well not sure where the original owner was from, will check the cert when I get home.

roadracer7
Shifting into 6th

Postby roadracer7 » March 21st, 2012, 2:00 pm

hey GT ,looking at the porting that was done to the cylinder heads, and the transition point from the throttle body runner to the cylinder head ,there is a reversion dam at the point of highest flow[the top of the runner] ibelieve that if you were to fill in the throttle body with JB Weld or Navicote at the transition point and then regrind it to create a unhindered passage for the air flow, it will lead to a more responsive /greater potential combination.

ps , DO NOT PORT THE CYLINDER HEAD ANY MORE ,IT WILL LEAD TO A LOSS IN AIRFLOW VELOCITY.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » March 21st, 2012, 2:34 pm

I hear what you are saying,any change I would do on the adapter side and not the head itself, I could probably fill the adapter side and match it proper, will look at it as I have an extra adapter setup home I can tinker with, thanks for the idea. I will see if I can trace the inner area of the head entry point and overlay it on the extra adapter I have and see what can happen.

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » March 21st, 2012, 2:45 pm

can't wait to see more of this project :D

wheelwizard
Street 2NR

Postby wheelwizard » March 21st, 2012, 2:46 pm

i wonder if this is the same 1 i saw in marabella d other day on ah lift :roll:

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » March 21st, 2012, 2:54 pm

How long ago? I have had this home about two months now.

nigie
Shifting into 6th

Postby nigie » March 21st, 2012, 3:01 pm

Bosssss Project!!!!! ......but armmmm u always welcomed to join the V8 fraternity..... 8-)

Image :mrgreen:

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » March 21st, 2012, 3:04 pm

:D Will be checking Marcus once the funds permit, no doubt I should be in order and then will be time to paint and install the engine.

wheelwizard
Street 2NR

Postby wheelwizard » March 21st, 2012, 3:17 pm

TriniGT wrote:How long ago? I have had this home about two months now.

wednesday 7th march :lol:

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » March 21st, 2012, 3:36 pm

Nope not me then, car is parked in the same position for the last month, only went to transfer and back home.

rusty_turbo
Street 2NR

Postby rusty_turbo » March 21st, 2012, 6:03 pm

not meaning to hijack this thread but i'm currently looking for a set of r34 gtr rims.. btw cant wait to see how this project goes..

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » March 21st, 2012, 8:20 pm

Confirmed car was originally from Palmiste. Got in too late to start the turbo side but may take a shot at it later tonight.

Victory_Specification
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Victory_Specification » March 21st, 2012, 8:33 pm

Can't wait to see the finished product. Ever consider creating your own youtube channel? might kick open quite a few doors!

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”