TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

SLVR1
Sweet on this forum

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby SLVR1 » May 27th, 2021, 8:09 am

From what I see, the ad says starting at 279. Typical bait and maybe the base 1.6 is going to get increased to that. I await your findings.

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » May 27th, 2021, 8:47 am

Their 1.6 eyesight was 325K and the 2.0 was around 4. I do see that VX prices fluctuated a lot last year, I guess demand not as high.

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » May 27th, 2021, 12:45 pm

Geeezus, I spoke to the guy, even though I sent him the link he doesn't seem to be aware of what they posted lol let me paste the message.

Sooo I guess it was a mistake then, I would have bought it for that price too, is anyone even aware of a turbo xv? Afaik all engines are N/A.

'' The sport spec would most likely be the same spec as what we bring except it maybe a turbo engine. We just bring the 1.6 and 2.0 non turbo versions, the turbo is unavailable for our market unfortunately ''
carluva wrote:If you do contact him, can you report back on your learnings?

I'll probably give a call out of curiosity
zando wrote:At 182hp that's supposed to be the 2.5 boxer I think, at 279 that's not bad considering their 2.0 model starts over 300 grand I feel I gonna message this guy.
Gladiator wrote:
feeldavibe wrote:You sure that's not a north american ad you looking at bro? Cuz that wording is straight from Subaru North America. For one, we don't call it the Crosstrek, and the one they are referring to is a 2.5 liter engine.

See link

https://fb.watch/5KrSCwkoFK/

Zachary John - Luxury Sales Executive at Massy Motors
@LuxurySalesZacharyJohn · Automotive Consultant

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » May 27th, 2021, 2:17 pm

What a load!

Car salesman don't even know what they selling and putting up posts on their own FB page without knowing what they posting?

Stupes. Sounds like a bait trick indeed.

If only we had laws against false advertising.

feeldavibe
Street 2NR

Postby feeldavibe » May 27th, 2021, 2:39 pm

Yeah.... I knew that couldn't be correct. First red flag is them calling it a Crosstrek. Second red flag is a 2.5 liter engine car being cheaper than my 1.6 car lol. No way. FYI, I got my fully loaded 1.6 Eyesight XV for $295, because it was a 'showroom' car. If I wanted to wait on another one, it was to be $315.

feeldavibe
Street 2NR

Postby feeldavibe » May 27th, 2021, 2:41 pm

Also point to note, there isn't any Turbo XV or Crosstrek in existence, even in the North American market.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » May 27th, 2021, 3:34 pm

I see Subaru has a 1.8 turbo in their Japanese vehicles... Just not going to make it here I suppose

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » May 27th, 2021, 6:12 pm

From what I know that's only in the Levorg wagon in Japan, maybe Europe I remember they made that to compete with the Lancer ralliart, it has some older WRX tech, also it puts out about 230hp, I think I'd try to get one of those foreign used or maybe special order one brand new.
kamakazi wrote:I see Subaru has a 1.8 turbo in their Japanese vehicles... Just not going to make it here I suppose

SLVR1
Sweet on this forum

Postby SLVR1 » May 27th, 2021, 9:07 pm

zando wrote:From what I know that's only in the Levorg wagon in Japan, maybe Europe I remember they made that to compete with the Lancer ralliart, it has some older WRX tech, also it puts out about 230hp, I think I'd try to get one of those foreign used or maybe special order one brand new.
kamakazi wrote:I see Subaru has a 1.8 turbo in their Japanese vehicles... Just not going to make it here I suppose

The Forester has it too. I was looking at a few on SBT and was a bit tempted...but reason kicked in.

mtec
Street 2NR

Postby mtec » May 27th, 2021, 10:25 pm

I bought my XV 1.6 mid spec in Oct 2020 for $265K discounted. This spec, model year 2021 is now $289K and discounted at $279K. Open to corrections if I'm wrong here. I'm not certain if there are any additional features but the bumper cladding, wheel arch cladding and front grill seems facelifted. I think the mechanicals remain unchanged.
The extra 20% HP in that advert is the 20% additional HP found in the 2.5 NA engine over the 2.0 NA. As far as I know the 2.5 engine is not available in any XV here from the local dealer. That said 2.5 NA engine is only available here in the Outback (again open to corrections). The general consensus by motor journalist is that the XV/ Crosstrek 2.0 is underpowered which leaves the 1.6 open to more criticism. Advertising extra power may catch a couple eyes so maybe that's why it was used in that advert.

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » May 28th, 2021, 1:55 pm

mtec wrote:I bought my XV 1.6 mid spec in Oct 2020 for $265K discounted. This spec, model year 2021 is now $289K and discounted at $279K. Open to corrections if I'm wrong here. I'm not certain if there are any additional features but the bumper cladding, wheel arch cladding and front grill seems facelifted. I think the mechanicals remain unchanged.
The extra 20% HP in that advert is the 20% additional HP found in the 2.5 NA engine over the 2.0 NA. As far as I know the 2.5 engine is not available in any XV here from the local dealer. That said 2.5 NA engine is only available here in the Outback (again open to corrections). The general consensus by motor journalist is that the XV/ Crosstrek 2.0 is underpowered which leaves the 1.6 open to more criticism. Advertising extra power may catch a couple eyes so maybe that's why it was used in that advert.

Mtec as an XV owner would you be able to comment on the power?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 28th, 2021, 2:26 pm

e87 wrote:As a first-time car buyer, this thread has been an amazing resource. Big props to all the contributors, and to agent007 for keeping the first post updated.

I've been researching new cars and I'm hoping for some sage advice. With a baby on the way, we need a car for groceries, errands and doctor visits. Once the lockdown ends, add wife's (short) office commute, beach trips and other all-day activities. Budget-wise, we could consider up to ~300k for the right car.

Must-haves:
1. Good safety rating and features
2. Enough trunk space for stroller and gear
3. Fits budget
4. Decent ground clearance for the steep angle off our main road. A Honda City at 150mm is too low at almost any speed

Nice-to-haves:
5. Reliability and ease of maintenance for a first-time owner
6. Resale value
7. Decent design and looks without being carjack bait
8. Extra features like Android Auto / Apple Car Play, powered tailgate, etc

I'm currently looking at:

Code: Select all

MODEL                    COST      GROUND CLEARANCE
Suzuki SX4 S-Cross (GLX) $195,000  180mm
Mazda CX-3 (2.0 entry)   $253,741  160mm
Mazda CX-30 (2.0 core)   $288,000  175mm
Mazda CX-5 (2.0 entry)   $316,000  193mm
Subaru XV (1.6 eyesight) $315,000  220mm

Should I scratch off any of these? Are there any obvious omissions?

I'm also assuming dealerships and licensing office all closed for the next 3 months of SoE, so I'll have plenty more time to ruminate over my spreadsheets, spec sheets and comparisons..

So welcome to the community and thanks for your message. You can scratch the SX4 S-Cross and CX3 one time. Not recommended. Since your budget is $300k, this gives some room for options but not much. The Vitara, CX-30 , XV and Eclipse Cross (EC) would be my top 4 choices in that segment. The leather EC and the XV with EyeSight are hard to pass up because of the safety attributes. Lane Assist, Blind Spot, Cross Traffic Alert and Emergency Braking etc are hard to ignore. The EyeSight kit is superior to Mitsubishi's technology though. In the EC's defence, at least its better than having no system at all.

The CX-30's body structure is extremely rigid and like the XV and EC, are built to satisfy ALL first world crash tests. The Vitara is not a bad option though. It's the cheapest and the ground clearance is 185mm. It tops out at what $258k for the AllGrip model? It has 7 airbags, a port injected motor and an Aisin torque converter automatic transmission (like the Mazda). The XV 1.6 is port injected and the EC has both direct and port, operating based on throttle position and load. CX-30 is the only direct injected one there but Mazda's engineering as of late and their reliability ratings are tops!

If you choose any of the 4 mentioned, I think you're good to go. The EC and CX-30 are not imported with an AWD option locally so this is disappointing but we all know which AWD system is superior between the XV and Vitara. Whatever you decide on, ignore the glitter bombs like the Sonet, Creta and Seltos etc.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 28th, 2021, 2:29 pm

pipser wrote:Just saw this article

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/mazd ... -cx3-dead/

Not sure if/how this will affect the local market but when I got my 3 at the end of last year I was told that they won't be bringing in the CX-3 anymore.

With regards to the fully loaded 3 that I ended up with we are very happy with the purchase 5 months in, first service is due next month but we'll have to see if things open back up to allow for servicing. Fortunately not much driving is happening right now so the mileage isn't ticking over too fast.

Ever since the CX-30 was introduced, I never cared for the CX-3. To give jack he jacket though, for a crossover, those CX-3's have some really decent pep and the handling dynamics are impressive.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 28th, 2021, 2:33 pm

triniboi49 wrote:Powered tail gate - need is that the wife is a teacher and are hands full when going to the trunk - she has to always do some weird balancing to get stuff tailgate or trunk open.

Pre Covid teachers all ways have extra load. - test papers to mark, texts books, work bag etc.

Active cruise control - traffic after work, picking up the kids after school activities is stress - and it’s a long drive. Normally bumper to bumper traffic.

These are not deal breakers but as we are looking for a larger vehicle these were some of the things I’m looking at. I guess watching too much Doug Dimero and quirks and features.

The XV seems good with the iSight. Tuscon is missing the active cruise control as well as the Cx5.
A lot of the grey market CRVs coming with all the features at a good price. The Honda Sensing seems to be very good.

Rav 4 - I had a Toyota once, dealing with their service was not a positive experience.

Powered tailgates are nice to have. As mentioned before, you really have to spend a lot to get such an option locally. The cheapest vehicle equipped with such an option from the factory would be the Tucson, followed by the CX-5. If you don't mind the kit installed as an accessory option then LSM can arrange the install on an Equinox for a final total price less than $300k.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 28th, 2021, 2:38 pm

triniboi49 wrote:Image

Chevrolet makes the Vitara?

GM had a weird relationship with Suzuki in the past:

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 28th, 2021, 2:43 pm

Kronik wrote:How does the jeep compass hold out over time?

The Jeep Compass we get I think it comes from India with a dry DCT and it is based on a Fiat 500. So that's a fail. Whilst I don't agree with everything Scotty Kilmer says, you should stay far. A Wrangler or Gladiator on the other hand...I couldn't care less if it reliable or not. Which man wouldn't want one?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 28th, 2021, 2:45 pm

Gladiator wrote:
triniboi49 wrote:I may be mistaken, but I'm sure I saw a new model Sorento today. Does anyone have any idea of the price? I understand the Santa Fe is here as well, and it is being listed at 575K.

EX 4x2 Gas 7 Seater - $460,124
Downpayment - $50,000
7 years - $5605 monthly
8 years - $4999 monthly

EX 4x4 Diesel 7 Seater - $485,437
Downpayment - $50,000
7 years - $5951 monthly
8 years - $5307 monthly

That's what the rep sent me...

2020 old stock...

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 28th, 2021, 3:03 pm

triniboi49 wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
carluva wrote:Are those prices cheaper than the previous model? They sound that way cause iirc, the previous model was 500k+.
Gladiator wrote:
triniboi49 wrote:I may be mistaken, but I'm sure I saw a new model Sorento today. Does anyone have any idea of the price? I understand the Santa Fe is here as well, and it is being listed at 575K.

EX 4x2 Gas 7 Seater - $460,124
Downpayment - $50,000
7 years - $5605 monthly
8 years - $4999 monthly

EX 4x4 Diesel 7 Seater - $485,437
Downpayment - $50,000
7 years - $5951 monthly
8 years - $5307 monthly

That's what the rep sent me...

Not sure bro... but i feel the idiot send me the prices for the old model...LOL

The prices listed for the older model on Don Stephen’s site is lower than these.

So why would someone pay Massy almost 100K more for the exact vehicle? Is there something special about the Santa Fe over Sorento? I guess that’s why I see so many more Sorentos then Santa Fes.

Product placement.

The Hyundai Motor Group is basically 3 companies. The premium end with unique RWD based platforms would be Genesis. They intend to compete directly against BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar, Land Rover and Lexus etc but priced like an Audi or Volvo. kinda.

Hyundai competes with Volkswagens and typical non premium Asian and American brands etc.

Kia is to Hyundai, is exactly what Seat and Skoda is to Volkswagen. Think of Kia as a pelau pack or a cow heel. Scraps that are used to make another 'meal'. That might be a poor example lol, but the R&D / Engineering is really under Hyundai. Kia has less over-heads since they pretty much use engines, platforms and other components found in a Hyundai, so the product itself is cheaper due to low developmental cost. Kia's are icing on the profit cake for the Hyundai Group, hence the strategy is to pump features to make your head get dizzy but the substance is low.

That said, I am not surprised that a Sorento has been historically cheaper than a Santa Fe. The gap is not as wide as it used to be but they will find buyers since they both sit in a segment that is unrepresented by other brands locally. Think about it, what other mid-size crossover with 7-seats truly exist here? Don't say Pathfinder eh, cause that is not mid-size but rather a large size behemoth. The Pathfinder is also unique in its segment locally. No competitors since we don't have access to other behemoth crossovers such as the Highlander, Pilot, CX-9, Ascent, Atlas, Traverse, Explorer, Palisade and Telluride.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 28th, 2021, 3:06 pm

Gladiator wrote:
feeldavibe wrote:
Gladiator wrote:All you Subaru XV fans here... I see Massy advertising the new model with more HP. Of course queries to their reps for info going unanswered... any of you know what are the new specs and also I see it starting at $279K now... is that correct?

Where are you seeing the ads?

Facebook ...

The most powerful Subaru Crosstrek ever is here, with extra horsepower to bring you more fun and adventure – both on-road and off. The 2021 Subaru Crosstrek features up to 20% more available horsepower, starting at $279,00 for 7 years with 0% down offered.

when I saw this post, I got immediately upset. More false marketing nonsense and I find as of late, the most sales BS coming out of the 7 authorized new vehicle dealership groups belong to Massy.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 28th, 2021, 3:10 pm

zando wrote:Geeezus, I spoke to the guy, even though I sent him the link he doesn't seem to be aware of what they posted lol let me paste the message.

Sooo I guess it was a mistake then, I would have bought it for that price too, is anyone even aware of a turbo xv? Afaik all engines are N/A.

'' The sport spec would most likely be the same spec as what we bring except it maybe a turbo engine. We just bring the 1.6 and 2.0 non turbo versions, the turbo is unavailable for our market unfortunately ''
carluva wrote:If you do contact him, can you report back on your learnings?

I'll probably give a call out of curiosity
zando wrote:At 182hp that's supposed to be the 2.5 boxer I think, at 279 that's not bad considering their 2.0 model starts over 300 grand I feel I gonna message this guy.
Gladiator wrote:
feeldavibe wrote:You sure that's not a north american ad you looking at bro? Cuz that wording is straight from Subaru North America. For one, we don't call it the Crosstrek, and the one they are referring to is a 2.5 liter engine.

See link

https://fb.watch/5KrSCwkoFK/

Zachary John - Luxury Sales Executive at Massy Motors
@LuxurySalesZacharyJohn · Automotive Consultant

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:Plenty people take that bait and imagine someone like that telling you to trade forex and become a billionnaire.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 28th, 2021, 3:13 pm

carluva wrote:What a load!

Car salesman don't even know what they selling and putting up posts on their own FB page without knowing what they posting?

Stupes. Sounds like a bait trick indeed.

If only we had laws against false advertising.

Exactly. On a real though, an XV with a 2.5 engine? If it were available to us RHD, that would be fun cause those local 2.0's aren't bad as the American's make them out to be.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 28th, 2021, 3:25 pm

triniboi49 wrote:
mtec wrote:I bought my XV 1.6 mid spec in Oct 2020 for $265K discounted. This spec, model year 2021 is now $289K and discounted at $279K. Open to corrections if I'm wrong here. I'm not certain if there are any additional features but the bumper cladding, wheel arch cladding and front grill seems facelifted. I think the mechanicals remain unchanged.

A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned this:
"Actually the XV 1.6 is not as lethargic as say the Impreza 1.6 TS from over a decade ago. The new FB16 motor has variable valve timing on the intake and exhaust cams and the engine no longer has the parasitic loss of having a belt driven hydraulic power assist steering rack.

Further, those TS's barely made 94hp and 138Nm of peak torque. The new XV has 113hp and 150Nm of peak torque and that Lineartronic CVT truly enjoys a symbiotic relationship with that new boxer 4."

The transmission and throttle is tuned to give you that immediate torque response in the lower power band. You may get the feeling that it is actually more powerful than it seems. There's a but though. When at WOT, you realize the torque drops off rapidly and the power is not sufficient enough to keep that rate of acceleration. Perhaps its due to the vehicle's porky curb weight or just having to power 2 axles. If you were to line up a 1.6TS vs an XV 1.6, with surety, the XV will win. Improvement yes. Fast, not by any means. Acceptable for intended purpose? You bet!

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » May 28th, 2021, 4:25 pm

I had a TS before I got the Cruze, I honestly found that car to be pretty quick off the line, it had a button that would allow you to change how the transmission shifts, the downshifts were really quick and from a stop that car used dig into the pavement and hop a little.

From 0-120 it was good, but after that I never used to hit any kind of big speeds, it would struggle after 140.
agent007 wrote:
triniboi49 wrote:

A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned this:
"Actually the XV 1.6 is not as lethargic as say the Impreza 1.6 TS from over a decade ago. The new FB16 motor has variable valve timing on the intake and exhaust cams and the engine no longer has the parasitic loss of having a belt driven hydraulic power assist steering rack.

Further, those TS's barely made 94hp and 138Nm of peak torque. The new XV has 113hp and 150Nm of peak torque and that Lineartronic CVT truly enjoys a symbiotic relationship with that new boxer 4."

The transmission and throttle is tuned to give you that immediate torque response in the lower power band. You may get the feeling that it is actually more powerful than it seems. There's a but though. When at WOT, you realize the torque drops off rapidly and the power is not sufficient enough to keep that rate of acceleration. Perhaps its due to the vehicle's porky curb weight or just having to power 2 axles. If you were to line up a 1.6TS vs an XV 1.6, with surety, the XV will win. Improvement yes. Fast, not by any means. Acceptable for intended purpose? You bet!

mtec
Street 2NR

Postby mtec » May 28th, 2021, 4:43 pm

I test drove it expecting a vastly underpowered engine for a heavy car but power delivery is urgent enough and the CVT does a commendable job on flat and hills. Now keep in mind this is very subjective and it would differ according to your driving style and expectations. I should mention I had or have cars with higher or lower displacement, turbo or naturally aspirated and varying transmissions. Taking that into consideration, I don't regret the purchase. Next to a 90's BMW and a 80's Merc it's one of the most solid and well built cars I've driven. I test drove other new vehicles prior to buying the XV and they all felt like bare aluminum frames wrapped with foil in comparison. No Euro's were tested but highly rated Asians.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » June 6th, 2021, 1:56 pm

Well reviewed there mtec.

Now, in other news:
IMG_4127.JPG

Soon...

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » June 6th, 2021, 9:33 pm

agent007 wrote:Well reviewed there mtec.

Now, in other news:IMG_4127.JPG
Soon...

What is it Agent ?

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » June 7th, 2021, 5:55 am

randolphinshan wrote:
agent007 wrote:Well reviewed there mtec.

Now, in other news:IMG_4127.JPG
Soon...

What is it Agent ?

Complete the sentences:

1) "Last year was 2020, next year will be ____";
2) "People exercise their _____ duty when they go out to vote on Election Day.."

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » June 7th, 2021, 8:47 am

Why the suspense? Just say 2021 Honda Civic nah!!!

mitch1980
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby mitch1980 » June 7th, 2021, 10:04 am

Saw the Prices for the new Honda Vezel from a Grey Market Seller- Czar

Honda Vezel 2021: G Sensing (Available By Order Only)
Petrol G - $295,000.00 (Model advertised)
Hybrid X - $310,000.00
Hybrid Z - $360,000.00
Hybrid PLAY - $375,000.00 (Panoramic Sunroof)
Condition - New
Color - Pearl White
1490cc
Reverse Camera
Parking Sensor
DVD Navigation
Alloy Wheels
Anti-lock Braking System
Auto-air Condition
LED FOG Lamp
Multi-function Steering
Push Start
Rear Spoiler
Rear Wiper
Smart KEY
6 SRS (airbag)
Winker Mirror
Power Mirror (retract)
Power Steering
Power Window
Electronic Handbrakes
Fabric Seats
Honda Sensing® is exclusive intelligent suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies designed to alert you to things you might miss while driving.
Lane Keeping Assist System
Adaptive Cruise Control
Road Departure Mitigation System
Collision Mitigation Braking System
194306122_2956493207972045_3142457416027871647_n.png
193525507_2956493114638721_8379919014786773699_n.png
193315739_2956493321305367_2738399519228011850_n.png
192457102_2956493111305388_8902995776103961223_n.png
190695976_2956493387972027_5661677085074064352_n.png
188549052_2956493311305368_4498527273093863986_n.png

vs Local dealer CRV
Our new Honda CRV
Fabric- $329000
CRV from Firm.jpg

Financing by ANSA Bank

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » June 7th, 2021, 11:29 am

That HRV price though...

Anyway, dont expect prices to get cheaper as there is a shortage of new cars and microchips.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”