TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby metalgear2095 » April 6th, 2023, 11:58 am

Are they skipping PEE?

telfer
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby telfer » April 8th, 2023, 11:06 pm

metalgear2095 wrote:Just heard from a sales rep that the new Wildtrak will cost between 475-485k madness yes

The wildtrack that they have presently is $425k why is it madness that the new one will be $475??????

mitch1980
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby mitch1980 » April 11th, 2023, 8:12 am

Seeing some updated pricing for MG
Courtesy FB post.
Attachments
MG pricing .jpg

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » April 14th, 2023, 3:53 pm

mitch1980 wrote:Seeing some updated pricing for MG
Courtesy FB post.

Drove the MG HS for 2 weeks in the UK

Nice size SUV, Interior felt cheap even though they tried with the Soft touch and a large infotainment screen.
Drive was comfortable but driving dynamics were poor esp cornering.

Infotainment screen was slow and laggy, but large and bright.

1.5 T was thirsty and the Dry clutch DCT was horrendous driving around town but not bad on the highway.
Way worse than the DCT i had on the jetta.

I have to admit the chinese have come very far ... But not far enough to convince me to buy it even at its really low competitive price.

Wolfgang123
Street 2NR

Postby Wolfgang123 » April 18th, 2023, 5:15 pm

Good day tuners
I'm currently in the market for a new vehicle. Trying to weigh my options between the big dealers and or roro.
Who provides the best service during and after sales, any recommendations will be appreciated.

Type of vehicle will be a pickup truck or suv reason being because of my job and also the conditions of our roads.

Prefer Japanese but I'm open to other suggestions, max budget will be around the 400k mark.

Any information will be appreciated. Kind regards

telfer
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby telfer » April 18th, 2023, 9:25 pm

Wolfgang123 wrote:Good day tuners
I'm currently in the market for a new vehicle. Trying to weigh my options between the big dealers and or roro.
Who provides the best service during and after sales, any recommendations will be appreciated.

Type of vehicle will be a pickup truck or suv reason being because of my job and also the conditions of our roads.

Prefer Japanese but I'm open to other suggestions, max budget will be around the 400k mark.

With 410k a CRV would be perfect fully loaded 2wd option
Or hilux if you want a pickup
If you want the crv let me know I’m an ANSA rep

Wolfgang123
Street 2NR

Postby Wolfgang123 » April 18th, 2023, 10:27 pm

telfer wrote:

Is that the new model rav 4 2023? And what engine does it come with?

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » April 19th, 2023, 6:14 am

Dude said CRV

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 19th, 2023, 7:03 am

I'd say hilux...just don't go and raj it out after eh

Wolfgang123
Street 2NR

Postby Wolfgang123 » April 19th, 2023, 7:18 am

metalgear2095 wrote:Dude said CRV

Didn't even realize my mistake, think I was watching a video on the rav 4 when I posted that reply lol

Wolfgang123
Street 2NR

Postby Wolfgang123 » April 19th, 2023, 7:19 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:

I'd say hilux...just don't go and raj it out after eh

Haha, Definitely not, prefer simplicity

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » April 19th, 2023, 9:04 am

Waiting on the new Ranger. I like the look and it's well equipped. Also the other pick up interiors are really dated.
How is ANSA after sales and service?

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » April 19th, 2023, 3:56 pm

D-max, cheaper than Hilux, not as over rate as Hilux and just as reliable, I'd also say it has a better ride and more features.

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » April 19th, 2023, 3:58 pm

telfer wrote:

Y'all getting anymore civics? Also howcome only one model of HR-V? Y'all need to get some lesser expensive models in the HR-V.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » April 19th, 2023, 4:10 pm

What is your opinion on the Isuzu's resale?
Eyeing an absolute perfect old model one.
zando wrote:

D-max, cheaper than Hilux, not as over rate as Hilux and just as reliable, I'd also say it has a better ride and more features.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » April 19th, 2023, 6:50 pm

zando wrote:
telfer wrote:

Y'all getting anymore civics? Also howcome only one model of HR-V? Y'all need to get some lesser expensive models in the HR-V.

Honda is now a "premium" brand cause they said so.
So no lower prices/lower priced models.

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » April 19th, 2023, 7:25 pm

Dave wrote:What is your opinion on the Isuzu's resale?
Eyeing an absolute perfect old model one.
zando wrote:

I'd say they're very good, the older models ride alot stiffer though, the new ones are pretty nice, the resale better on them vs something like a Colorado or an Amarol, obviously Nissan and Toyota would have the best resale.

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » April 19th, 2023, 7:27 pm

drchaos wrote:
zando wrote:
telfer wrote:

Honda is now a "premium" brand cause they said so.
So no lower prices/lower priced models.
So all these foreign used companies bringing in the lower end models easy easy, but the local company can't even get a Civic? Or lower end models hrv? I'm curious...

Wolfgang123
Street 2NR

Postby Wolfgang123 » April 19th, 2023, 8:32 pm

Toyota trinidad has the fully loaded hilux 2.8 with the leather interior for $418k whereas the roro dealers you're getting a rocco or gr hilux for around the same $.

Youre getting a better spec with the roro dealer but what kind of guarantee is there if something goes wrong?

juggernaught
3NE 2NR for life

Postby juggernaught » April 19th, 2023, 8:52 pm

zando wrote:

Really? I never knew the d max was a viable alternative to the Hilux

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » April 20th, 2023, 1:15 am

juggernaught wrote:
zando wrote:

Really? I never knew the d max was a viable alternative to the Hilux
Definitely, check out some reviews on YouTube, there are lots of ' Ute ' reviews, well most of the better ones come from Australia or South Africa, the new D-Max is consistently at or above the level of a Hilux.

The L200 is also surprisingly good, if you like having a 4wd system that is similar to a Subaru system in a truck, then the L200 is the way to go, out of all the pickups in our region, the L200 is the only one that will let you use 4x4 auto and be able to drive it on pavement, all the others you need to be on loose, rocky terrain that allows slip so you don't damage the drivetrain.

Thinking that the Hilux is the only way to go is limiting.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 20th, 2023, 6:18 am

Wolfgang123 wrote:Toyota trinidad has the fully loaded hilux 2.8 with the leather interior for $418k whereas the roro dealers you're getting a rocco or gr hilux for around the same $.

Youre getting a better spec with the roro dealer but what kind of guarantee is there if something goes wrong?

Problem with roro hilux which are branded as "new" ,is they coming from Thailand. In the event you need parts.....pain

You can still opt for the model hilux which starts at 335k and add some mathai gadgets to give you the "fully loaded" feel

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » April 20th, 2023, 7:08 pm

Wolfgang123 wrote:Toyota trinidad has the fully loaded hilux 2.8 with the leather interior for $418k whereas the roro dealers you're getting a rocco or gr hilux for around the same $.

Problem with roro hilux which are branded as "new" ,is they coming from Thailand. In the event you need parts.....pain

You can still opt for the model hilux which starts at 335k and add some mathai gadgets to give you the "fully loaded" feel

But Hilux manufactured in Thailand. The ones at TTTL is Thailand as well.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » April 20th, 2023, 9:25 pm

nemisis wrote:

HiLux is assembled at multiple plants, but the parts that are not market specific are interchangeable.

IIRC, Japan no longer assembles Hilux. Thailand and Malaysia assemble most of the HiLux RHD export vehicles.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 21st, 2023, 12:20 pm

nemisis wrote:

Toyota reps selling different stories.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » April 21st, 2023, 3:00 pm

Would like to know which "parts" are different.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » April 22nd, 2023, 8:26 am

nemisis wrote:

Well I see these new dealers does specify Thailand so I was assuming that was the normal and know a person who bought brand new from TTTL and said on their CC it has Thailand. So I would of assume the Malaysia assembled one as mentioned above is the one to stay away from.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » April 22nd, 2023, 10:18 am

nemisis wrote:
nemisis wrote:

Well I see these new dealers does specify Thailand so I was assuming that was the normal and know a person who bought brand new from TTTL and said on their CC it has Thailand. So I would of assume the Malaysia assembled one as mentioned above is the one to stay away from.

What are you assuming is the issue with buying from one HiLux assembly plant vs. another HiLux assembly plant? unless there is a known issue with assembly quality or locally manufactured parts (such as seating, glass, tires, paints) to meet local content requirements.

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » April 24th, 2023, 10:01 am

Saw a Massy rep say they only bringing the 2.0 Suburu XV from now instead of the 1.6L. Wonder what will be the price difference.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » April 24th, 2023, 10:29 am

Heard a spin on that where the 2.0s are the ones remaining so selling those out to bring the new model in.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”