TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

agent007
punchin NOS

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby agent007 » July 21st, 2022, 2:43 pm

Suzuki Swift Sport 1.4T 6MT
Rory Phoulorie wrote:Are there any new cars (not SUVs or pickups) being sold locally with manual transmissions?

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » July 21st, 2022, 2:44 pm

Lol Rory can't fit in that haha
agent007 wrote:Suzuki Swift Sport 1.4T 6MT
Rory Phoulorie wrote:Are there any new cars (not SUVs or pickups) being sold locally with manual transmissions?

SLVR1
Sweet on this forum

Postby SLVR1 » July 21st, 2022, 4:30 pm

I see Lafast launched the Mini electric (https://www.trinituner.com/v4/the-all-e ... cooper-se/) and all the reviews online by owners seem quite positive. Will have to check with them to get the price and a brochure.

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » July 21st, 2022, 5:03 pm

The electric mini looking real nice. Between that and the electric xc40, those are good solid buys. If I was staying in Trinidad I would have brought those.

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » July 21st, 2022, 6:36 pm

New qashqai is here, no price yet though, think I'll message him and ask expect to pay an arm, a leg and your first born, considering the price for the juke.
Screenshot_20220721-183325__01.jpg

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » July 21st, 2022, 9:31 pm

zando wrote:New qashqai is here, no price yet though, think I'll message him and ask expect to pay an arm, a leg and your first born, considering the price for the juke.Screenshot_20220721-183325__01.jpg

Curious to see if they bring it with the 1.3 Mild Hybrid or the E Power

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » July 22nd, 2022, 7:51 am

I did a little investigation and found out that Nissan raised the prices very slightly for the Frontier line-up. The increase worked out to be between $8-10k. Therefore, the new updated prices ought to have been $355k and $369k for the LE and P4X respectively.

Sadly, Massy's new advertised prices are $365k and $379k respectively. Potential buyers lurking on this forum, my advice to you all is to negotiate your price. Do not pull the trigger on the purchase unless some form of negotiation takes place. Let them throw in the roll and lock tray cover at least if they want to stick to their prices.

For those who cannot afford to stretch so far, have no worries. The Mazda BT-50 at $327k is not a bad compromise. Even the Isuzu D-Max is not a bad compromise either. Just saying..

Oh and as for the Nissan sales rep Qashqai posting above, I would take whatever he says with a bucket of salt. Don't forget he is the fella who mentioned just recently that the Xtrail is coming with a 2.5 where truth is, the T32 was always 2.0 for our market.

Their job is to create a false hype and cyak a set of garbage just to get a sale. Be informed before you talk to those schemish sales reps.

Lastly, the current Qashqai sold for $285k, $309k and $329k. The latter went up to $339k and then $349k up to recently. Terribly overpriced for such a lackluster package.

The new Qashqai should be cheaper because it will incur less taxes from the onset (Duty, MVT and then VAT). I would like to see the sales rep narrative when they release the pricing. Don't be surprised it will fall right into Corolla Cross territory. I'm almost guaranteeing you all that it will be priced higher than the Suzuki S-Cross.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 22nd, 2022, 9:16 am

^ Sham John is one of the worst Sales Rep I every dealt with. In 2015 when I was shopping around he was the Nissan rep in Morvant. Never seem bothered in finding out anything about me or my needs. Uninterestedly showed me a basic Xtrail and that was it.

I see he also probably buying returned leased vehicles b/c he has (had) a few low mileage XVs for sale on PinTT.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » July 22nd, 2022, 11:57 am

Dizzy28 wrote:^ Sham John is one of the worst Sales Rep I every dealt with. In 2015 when I was shopping around he was the Nissan rep in Morvant. Never seem bothered in finding out anything about me or my needs. Uninterestedly showed me a basic Xtrail and that was it.

I see he also probably buying returned leased vehicles b/c he has (had) a few low mileage XVs for sale on PinTT.

Cars are selling themselves. Salespersons don’t care other than a handful of driven and ambitious ones.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 22nd, 2022, 12:44 pm

j.o.e wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:^ Sham John is one of the worst Sales Rep I every dealt with. In 2015 when I was shopping around he was the Nissan rep in Morvant. Never seem bothered in finding out anything about me or my needs. Uninterestedly showed me a basic Xtrail and that was it.

Cars are selling themselves. Salespersons don’t care other than a handful of driven and ambitious ones.

Coincidentally I saw a post on LinkedIn yesterday on new car purchasing.
It said that in most instances now the buyer is very well informed by the time they step in the show room. Sales persons need to work differently than they accustom to.

still tippin'
Street 2NR

Postby still tippin' » July 22nd, 2022, 1:42 pm

agent007 wrote:I did a little investigation and found out that Nissan raised the prices very slightly for the Frontier line-up. The increase worked out to be between $8-10k. Therefore, the new updated prices ought to have been $355k and $369k for the LE and P4X respectively.

Sadly, Massy's new advertised prices are $365k and $379k respectively. Potential buyers lurking on this forum, my advice to you all is to negotiate your price. Do not pull the trigger on the purchase unless some form of negotiation takes place. Let them throw in the roll and lock tray cover at least if they want to stick to their prices.

For those who cannot afford to stretch so far, have no worries. The Mazda BT-50 at $327k is not a bad compromise. Even the Isuzu D-Max is not a bad compromise either. Just saying..

Oh and as for the Nissan sales rep Qashqai posting above, I would take whatever he says with a bucket of salt. Don't forget he is the fella who mentioned just recently that the Xtrail is coming with a 2.5 where truth is, the T32 was always 2.0 for our market.

Their job is to create a false hype and cyak a set of garbage just to get a sale. Be informed before you talk to those schemish sales reps.

Lastly, the current Qashqai sold for $285k, $309k and $329k. The latter went up to $339k and then $349k up to recently. Terribly overpriced for such a lackluster package.

The new Qashqai should be cheaper because it will incur less taxes from the onset (Duty, MVT and then VAT). I would like to see the sales rep narrative when they release the pricing. Don't be surprised it will fall right into Corolla Cross territory. I'm almost guaranteeing you all that it will be priced higher than the Suzuki S-Cross.
Saw this on ig
Screenshot_20220722-134048_Instagram.jpg

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » July 22nd, 2022, 2:09 pm

still tippin' wrote:
agent007 wrote:I did a little investigation and found out that Nissan raised the prices very slightly for the Frontier line-up. The increase worked out to be between $8-10k. Therefore, the new updated prices ought to have been $355k and $369k for the LE and P4X respectively.

Saw this on igScreenshot_20220722-134048_Instagram.jpg

Okay so the mild hybrid is engine of choice would like to know the features it comes with to our market because it seems to have some healthy features in other markets.

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » July 22nd, 2022, 2:22 pm

still tippin' wrote:

Saw this on ig
Screenshot_20220722-134048_Instagram.jpg
285 starting price huh? Hmmmm yea that's Corolla Cross, Mazda cx-30, Tucson, Sportage, territory, need to see the features as that base model qashqai is, well, very base.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » July 22nd, 2022, 2:33 pm

Some sales reps are just order takers. Nissan and Toyota reps don't have to beg for a sale. Usually when persons enter their showrooms, these prospects are almost settled in terms of their choice especially with Toyota. People who buy these vehicles don't care that Hyundai and Kia exist so if you don't have a certified cheque on hand or a bank approval them ain't want to hear the phrase, "I'm just looking".

As in the case of the Nissan sales rep guy mentioned above, he was either having a bad day or just didn't feel like being professional. Incidentally, He happens to be one of Massy's highest performers for Nissan and he also happens to be in the business longer than most. He is a very seasoned rep where he doesn't have to fight for a sale. Sales simply go to him. I not making excuses for the guy eh, that's just intel I got.

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » July 22nd, 2022, 4:56 pm

agent007 wrote:Some sales reps are just order takers. Nissan and Toyota reps don't have to beg for a sale. Usually when persons enter their showrooms, these prospects are almost settled in terms of their choice especially with Toyota. People who buy these vehicles don't care that Hyundai and Kia exist so if you don't have a certified cheque on hand or a bank approval them ain't want to hear the phrase, "I'm just looking".

As in the case of the Nissan sales rep guy mentioned above, he was either having a bad day or just didn't feel like being professional. Incidentally, He happens to be one of Massy's highest performers for Nissan and he also happens to be in the business longer than most. He is a very seasoned rep where he doesn't have to fight for a sale. Sales simply go to him. I not making excuses for the guy eh, that's just intel I got.
I will walk straight in, kick two tire, look him in his eye while doing it, like when yuh dog taking a poo in yuh yard and watching yuh hard in yuh eye while doing it and walk out

mtec
Street 2NR

Postby mtec » July 22nd, 2022, 6:13 pm

I have no respect for sales reps who mislead with information/advertising. If its unintentional then they're not doing their homework and probably in the wrong profession. If it's intentional to create interest then I consider that unprofessional. I literally know everything about a car before I interact with a sales rep. My contact with them is to negotiate and seal the deal.

mtec
Street 2NR

Postby mtec » July 22nd, 2022, 6:19 pm

I noticed a Mazda sales rep who's posting on the CX-5 AWD Turbo on their fb page. Why is he hyping that model if its not offered locally?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » July 22nd, 2022, 6:34 pm

Hahaha

Now hear this, what perplexes me is that if that 365k price is true for that Qashqai then they decided to sell a smaller crossover with a 1.3t engine $6k more expensive than the bigger 1.6t Tucson? That making any sense?

Reminds me of the XV 2.0i-S EyeSight for $420k. Thats another level of insane. No wonder why Tucson and Sportages flying off the lots.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » July 22nd, 2022, 6:34 pm

mtec wrote:I noticed a Mazda sales rep who's posting on the CX-5 AWD Turbo on their fb page. Why is he hyping that model if its not offered locally?
Hehe he get blasted for that here already

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » July 23rd, 2022, 9:44 pm

agent007 wrote:Hahaha

Now hear this, what perplexes me is that if that 365k price is true for that Qashqai then they decided to sell a smaller crossover with a 1.3t engine $6k more expensive than the bigger 1.6t Tucson? That making any sense?

Reminds me of the XV 2.0i-S EyeSight for $420k. Thats another level of insane. No wonder why Tucson and Sportages flying off the lots.

Maybe it’s because they more likely to see a Tucson come in for a major repair with that transmission faster? I think I recalled earlier in a thread you were talking about a man killing one going to paramin lookout

Long_bamboo
Ricer

Postby Long_bamboo » July 24th, 2022, 3:27 am

Tucson price went up sales rep said base price is now $285k

tmack
Street 2NR

Postby tmack » July 24th, 2022, 10:44 am

Long_bamboo wrote:Tucson price went up sales rep said base price is now $285k

Hyundai and Kia internationally have raised their prices, so not surprising!

I expect the other manufacturers to do the same shortly!

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » July 24th, 2022, 11:03 pm

Used car market, here I come!

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » July 25th, 2022, 6:56 am

Well not necessarily. Let me explain.

We just need to adjust our expectations in terms of vehicle ownership progression.

Say someone purchased a RAV4 7-10 years ago and wishes to purchase a new replacement today. More than likely, if this person is a salaried individual, his/her yearly income did not raise by much within that period.

Any marginal increases enjoyed would be offset by the increased cost of living including the increase cost in fuel.

This hypothetical person would naturally be looking at a replacement brand new RAV4 which is now in the $370-$450k range.

The last RAV4 started at $285k and topped out at $415k iirc back in 2013.

Some might be saying at this point that TTTL managed to keep the same price range for the RAV4 but the truth is, not exactly.

That $415k RAV4 was a 2.5 AWD with power folding wing mirrors. This new $450k RAV4 is a 2.0 2WD unit with manual folding wing mirrors (when last I checked).

If you want to special order the 2.5 with AWD, that would cost you $600k thereabouts.

So this RAV4 owner will have no other choice if he/she is fixated on having AWD to go buy a CRV or a Forester.

Times being obviously hard today, not all people can afford the same loan installments like they enjoyed before. Maybe instead of 2 incomes then, there is one now. Hence TTTL introduced the Corolla Cross and Rush for those with less gross household incomes.

Anyone who earns $8,500. monthly can purchase a $300,000. vehicle under a 10 year loan period. This $300k cap will give you a nice Honda BRV, Suzuki S-Cross or Hyundai Creta. The last price I have on the Creta is $265k and that comes with leather, sunroof and a bose sound system. If you hell bent on a Toyota then at $305k you can get an entry Corolla Cross with a 1.8 engine.

So it looks like many of us may have to downsize first before possibly hitting the used car market, cause in 5 or so years time when this CUV segment blows past $300k clear, we would be left with little reasonable options under that $300k range. Hopefully by such time the Kia Sonet will get bigger in size and the fully loaded trim won't pass $270k.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » July 25th, 2022, 7:34 am

Barring not having a mortgage and earning 8.5k a mth and buying a 300k vehicle will take a 8-10yr loan to comfortably be able to live a d pay off for that. Then we also have to cater for insurance so for argument sake call it 328k.

Someone earning 8.5k a month should never entertain buying a 300k vehicle.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » July 25th, 2022, 7:37 am

Dave wrote:Barring not having a mortgage and earning 8.5k a mth and buying a 300k vehicle will take a 8-10yr loan to comfortably be able to live a d pay off for that. Then we also have to cater for insurance so for argument sake call it 328k.

Someone earning 8.5k a month should never entertain buying a 300k vehicle.
True but you know trinis love to hang their hats where their hands can't reach to look like they reach

SLVR1
Sweet on this forum

Postby SLVR1 » July 25th, 2022, 7:55 am

SLVR1 wrote:I see Lafast launched the Mini electric (https://www.trinituner.com/v4/the-all-e ... cooper-se/) and all the reviews online by owners seem quite positive. Will have to check with them to get the price and a brochure.

UPDATE WRT PRICING: $355,000.00 (FL) with a later varied spec. model in the area of $300,000.00

Source: https://www.guardian.co.tt/business/min ... 16ac56b655

:faint:

tmack
Street 2NR

Postby tmack » July 25th, 2022, 8:20 am

SLVR1 wrote:
SLVR1 wrote:I see Lafast launched the Mini electric (https://www.trinituner.com/v4/the-all-e ... cooper-se/) and all the reviews online by owners seem quite positive. Will have to check with them to get the price and a brochure.

UPDATE WRT PRICING:
$355,000.00 (FL)
with a later varied spec. model in the area of $300,000.00

Chizon Cryst.... ah well when the Fully Electric Kona launched it was @ $365K for a 29KKWH battery if I can recall. I'm wondering what the battery range is on that ride, furthermore, the costs of the standard parts, like brakes, sensors etc.

The standard 'maintenance' is gone for an EV, however, you'll only need to buy washer wiper fluid, I'm sure that the dealer might throw in a 'special charge' related to "checking the sensors" on that car for you.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 25th, 2022, 1:44 pm

zando wrote:Used car market, here I come!

I been looking at Trini Cars For Sale and PinTT for a few months now.
It's almost as if depreciation doesn't exist. Men selling 3 year old cars for 88% the showroom price.

OFC they are deals to be had brand dependent.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » July 25th, 2022, 2:56 pm

tmack wrote:
SLVR1 wrote:

UPDATE WRT PRICING:
$355,000.00 (FL)
with a later varied spec. model in the area of $300,000.00

Chizon Cryst.... ah well when the Fully Electric Kona launched it was @ $365K for a 29KKWH battery if I can recall. I'm wondering what the battery range is on that ride, furthermore, the costs of the standard parts, like brakes, sensors etc.

The standard 'maintenance' is gone for an EV, however, you'll only need to buy washer wiper fluid, I'm sure that the dealer might throw in a 'special charge' related to "checking the sensors" on that car for you.
It will still require gear oil/transmission fluid... Probably only 2/3 quarts to be changed every 20000kms

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”