TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby viedcht » April 30th, 2021, 7:59 am

That resembles ah evoque

feeldavibe
Street 2NR

Postby feeldavibe » April 30th, 2021, 9:41 am

The Eclipse Cross is decently equipped. Adaptive Cruise Control as well and a HUD I believe. I just can't get over the rear lol.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 2nd, 2021, 11:30 pm

aaron17 wrote:Back of the blue is like a shopping cart bro.
Hahahahahaha....

So PEB came out less than 2 weeks ago guys. PEA essentially took 5 months to complete and from the bleak outlook for the rest of the year, I won't be surprised if PEB runs all the way into the Christmas season.

How you all feel about driving a "PEB"?
FB_IMG_1620012237941.jpeg

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » May 3rd, 2021, 7:08 am

boy PEB rel ugly

i feel i will park up the ctr until PEC

feeldavibe
Street 2NR

Postby feeldavibe » May 3rd, 2021, 9:27 am

So just about a week with my Subaru XV 1.6 Eyesight car, findings so far:

My commute Monday to Friday is 112km mostly highway.

Adaptive cruise control: I've enabled this feature every day from the Sea Lots lights until my turnoff at Claxton Bay, and vice versa when heading home. Depending on the weather, I set the car to maintain either 50ft or 100ft between myself and the car ahead. It's worked flawlessly so far. On Friday, there was creeping traffic from Freeport for a couple kilometers up the road. The car successfully slowed itself down all the way to a stop, and followed the car ahead. At highway speeds, the car quickly adapted to other cars weaving in front of me. Very impressive. Although it worked on roads like Wrightson Road, it's kinda scary, so I stick to highway use for that.

Forward collision avoidance: According to the manual, the car will detect objects ahead that it determines you will collide with if you do not take avoiding action in a certain time, and will first warn you with an alarm and an indication on the dash (Objected Detected Ahead!). I haven't purposely tested this, but twice so far, due to me just looking away for a second, it's alarmed at me while in slower traffic. Both times I applied the brakes way before it would've been necessary for the car to do so... I hope lol.

Rear Automatic Braking: No chance to test it out, but assume it works similar to above.

Blind Spot Monitor and Lane Departure warning: Both work. The blind spot simple illuminates an orange light on your respective wing mirror. The lane departure comes up on the dash if you are swaying over a lane without using your indicator. I suppose trini's will not like this feature as many trini cars don't even come with indicators. (I mean, I'm assuming this is the case due to the absolute lack of use indicators get here).

The leather seats: Nice n comfy, I like them. Driver's seat is powered with memory function, so when your wife uses it you don't have to spend your entire drive finding your optimal position again. I like that.

LED Headlights: They are super bright, and they bend around corners when you turn your steering wheel. Pretty cool.

Auto rain sensing wipers: I've had this on a BMW in the past and I found it didn't work well at all and wouldn't set to proper speeds. That's not the case in this car. They work supremely well.

Apple CarPlay: Works as it should. I use it. Side note, the sound system isn't a Bose or Harmon Kardon, but it's sufficient.

Comfort access. When you place your hand at the drivers door handle it unlocks your door and no others. When you do the same at the passenger door it unlocks all doors. Weird? Personal preference I suppose.

Fuel range: So far I'm at quarter tank and the range counter says I have 120km left to go. Car is doing close to 500km so far so, I think that's pretty good. Premium fuel required says the dealer...True? Not sure. People in USA seem to be filling them with 87 RON. I suppose I should check the manual on that.

Boot space: Decent I guess, it's not a large car. Golf bag with clubs fits inside it so...

1.6L engine: Certainly no race horse. Perfectly acceptable in city driving, it lacks on the highway IF you are planning to drive spiritedly and pull some good overtakes. I personally just drive the speed limit or 5km over the speed limit and let the cruise control do the driving and it's been great.

I think that's the major stuff... I can add more as I remember or learn more...

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 3rd, 2021, 11:05 am

A172, I know we still about 15 months away from PEE, but you think they will skip this series?

Feeldavibe, that was an excellent review on your vehicle. Congrats on your purchase again.

Questions:
1. does your version come with the sport or eco button?
2. Is there a power passenger seat?
3. Is the rear view auto dimming and does it have the compass and home link button?
4. Any power lift gate on this one?
5. Any LED fogs or its regular incandescent bulb?
6. Any 360 camera with front and rear parking sensors?
7. To confirm, yours has both auto lights and auto wipers right?
8. Does your x-mode have a separate HDC button?
9. Does the EPB have an auto hold function?
10. Are the interior lights LED?

I just want to confirm the exact differences between the i-S and the i-S EyeSight, thanks.

With an Xtrail Hybrid, upon reversing, if the rear sensors picked up that you’re backing up onto a fixed object, it will sound an alert to notify the driver and if the driver fails to mitigate, the vehicle will apply brakes for itself. I almost backed up onto a Jetta’s bumper some time a back and that RAB feature saved me some headache. I’m sure Subaru’s system is better.

feeldavibe
Street 2NR

Postby feeldavibe » May 3rd, 2021, 11:15 am

agent007 wrote:A172, I know we still about 15 months away from PEE, but you think they will skip this series?

Feeldavibe, that was an excellent review on your vehicle. Congrats on your purchase again.

Questions:
1. does your version come with the sport or eco button? - No Sport or Eco button
2. Is there a power passenger seat? - No only driver.
3. Is the rear view auto dimming and does it have the compass and home link button? - It is auto dimming. There's no compass on the mirror no.
4. Any power lift gate on this one? - Nope.
5. Any LED fogs or its regular incandescent bulb? - Fogs are LED as well
6. Any 360 camera with front and rear parking sensors? - Rear parking sensors factory installed with a rear camera as well. No sensors in front but there's a camera in the grill that can be manually turned on, as well as it turns on when you are parking. It's not traditional 360 cameras.
7. To confirm, yours has both auto lights and auto wipers right? - Yes, confirmed.
8. Does your x-mode have a separate HDC button? - Just one X-Mode button that I know of.
9. Does the EPB have an auto hold function? - Yes it does. Works well.
10. Are the interior lights LED? - Boy, not sure. They are the color of incandescent so maybe not.

I just want to confirm the exact differences between the i-S and the i-S EyeSight, thanks.

With an Xtrail Hybrid, upon reversing, if the rear sensors picked up that you’re backing up onto a fixed object, it will sound an alert to notify the driver and if the driver fails to mitigate, the vehicle will apply brakes for itself. I almost backed up onto a Jetta’s bumper some time a back and that RAB feature saved me some headache. I’m sure Subaru’s system is better.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 3rd, 2021, 11:56 am

Thanks bro. I think based on what you got, it appears overall, the EyeSight package gives better value. I think you made the right choice! Time to add some accessories like the mud guards, rear cargo mat with backseat protector, rear bumper protector, door visors and the roof rack cross bars (if you’re into those).

Check some inspiration here:
IMG_3987.JPG
IMG_3988.JPG

IMG_3989.JPG
IMG_3991.JPG
IMG_3990.JPG

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » May 3rd, 2021, 11:57 am

Is the new Sorento available only by special order or something? From the time one was posted in the group with D plates driving on the highway to seeing one with PEB plates in Tobago last week there hasnt been any promotional material from sales reps circulating well none that Ive seen. In person though the vehicle looks great that one in particular was on blacked aftermarket wheels with the running boards directly from the dealership.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 3rd, 2021, 12:57 pm

1. Possible delayed launch perhaps due to not selling out the old stock yet
2. The white one is probably a test vehicle which was absorbed internally
3. They only got a handful which all sold out so we assume that they not selling that great

Massy’s Santa Fe never really took off either. Slow sellers for a niche market.

ALady4ALady
Ricer

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby ALady4ALady » May 3rd, 2021, 4:01 pm

agent007 wrote:A172, I know we still about 15 months away from PEE, but you think they will skip this series?

lol he he he!
I read the letters and I was like, "What does he mean?"
Then, I read the word. He he he!!

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 3rd, 2021, 4:09 pm

The hype has begun. They listened this time so they not releasing pricing yet. In other words, they watching how fast we book out those “marketing” units at undisclosed prices before they unleash the true what we could getaway with pricing.
IMG_4024.JPG

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » May 3rd, 2021, 6:50 pm

In ancient times, brides and bridegrooms would never see their spouse to be until the wedding day...

... Yet, this dealer wants customers to book something of which there is no local knowledge or information.

This is nonsense and reeks of assessing demand before setting market price.

I am sure this dealer is going to buss price if all vehicles are pre-booked. And if they are all not pre-booked, they'll still buss price and say "special introductory offer".

Not to be outdone, I am sure some other bright spark dealer will say "shipment on the way and vehicles have 4 wheels, a steering wheel and an engine. Book yours now!"

This is the dumbest I have seen.

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » May 3rd, 2021, 8:08 pm

feeldavibe wrote:So just about a week with my Subaru XV 1.6 Eyesight car, findings so far:

My commute Monday to Friday is 112km mostly highway.

Adaptive cruise control: I've enabled this feature every day from the Sea Lots lights until my turnoff at Claxton Bay, and vice versa when heading home. Depending on the weather, I set the car to maintain either 50ft or 100ft between myself and the car ahead. It's worked flawlessly so far. On Friday, there was creeping traffic from Freeport for a couple kilometers up the road. The car successfully slowed itself down all the way to a stop, and followed the car ahead. At highway speeds, the car quickly adapted to other cars weaving in front of me. Very impressive. Although it worked on roads like Wrightson Road, it's kinda scary, so I stick to highway use for that.

Forward collision avoidance: According to the manual, the car will detect objects ahead that it determines you will collide with if you do not take avoiding action in a certain time, and will first warn you with an alarm and an indication on the dash (Objected Detected Ahead!). I haven't purposely tested this, but twice so far, due to me just looking away for a second, it's alarmed at me while in slower traffic. Both times I applied the brakes way before it would've been necessary for the car to do so... I hope lol.

Rear Automatic Braking: No chance to test it out, but assume it works similar to above.

Blind Spot Monitor and Lane Departure warning: Both work. The blind spot simple illuminates an orange light on your respective wing mirror. The lane departure comes up on the dash if you are swaying over a lane without using your indicator. I suppose trini's will not like this feature as many trini cars don't even come with indicators. (I mean, I'm assuming this is the case due to the absolute lack of use indicators get here).

The leather seats: Nice n comfy, I like them. Driver's seat is powered with memory function, so when your wife uses it you don't have to spend your entire drive finding your optimal position again. I like that.

LED Headlights: They are super bright, and they bend around corners when you turn your steering wheel. Pretty cool.

Auto rain sensing wipers: I've had this on a BMW in the past and I found it didn't work well at all and wouldn't set to proper speeds. That's not the case in this car. They work supremely well.

Apple CarPlay: Works as it should. I use it. Side note, the sound system isn't a Bose or Harmon Kardon, but it's sufficient.

Comfort access. When you place your hand at the drivers door handle it unlocks your door and no others. When you do the same at the passenger door it unlocks all doors. Weird? Personal preference I suppose.

Fuel range: So far I'm at quarter tank and the range counter says I have 120km left to go. Car is doing close to 500km so far so, I think that's pretty good. Premium fuel required says the dealer...True? Not sure. People in USA seem to be filling them with 87 RON. I suppose I should check the manual on that.

Boot space: Decent I guess, it's not a large car. Golf bag with clubs fits inside it so...

1.6L engine: Certainly no race horse. Perfectly acceptable in city driving, it lacks on the highway IF you are planning to drive spiritedly and pull some good overtakes. I personally just drive the speed limit or 5km over the speed limit and let the cruise control do the driving and it's been great.

I think that's the major stuff... I can add more as I remember or learn more...
Thank you for this info man... Congrats on the new ride.

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » May 4th, 2021, 8:29 am

Are there any reported issues on the DCT on the new Tuscon? Is it the same as the last-gen or has Hyundai updated it? From reviews, the DCT was a failure in the USA but it was fine in other markets, but I'm not finding much information locally.

feeldavibe
Street 2NR

Postby feeldavibe » May 4th, 2021, 9:13 am

triniboi49 wrote:Are there any reported issues on the DCT on the new Tuscon? Is it the same as the last-gen or has Hyundai updated it? From reviews, the DCT was a failure in the USA but it was fine in other markets, but I'm not finding much information locally.

Too early to know this. I THINK the new one is a 'wet clutch' system though, which should make it better.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 4th, 2021, 9:43 am

Have a read:
https://www.hyundai-transys.com/en/product/pd_005.do

The 8DCT is wet eg. 2021 Sorento
The 7DCT is dry eg. 2021 Tucson
The 6DCT is dry eg. 2021 Ioniq/Niro

2021 Tucson has a carry over transmission with updated TCM.

Do you trust it? I know I don't! Of course, if I'm wrong, I'm open to corrections, thanks.

Kimmy037
Riding on 13's

Postby Kimmy037 » May 6th, 2021, 10:55 pm

So is anyone interested in purchasing the Hyundai Ioniq, brand new??? Just got one straight out the showroom and due to circumstances beyond my control, I have to sell.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 7th, 2021, 12:13 am

Kimmy037 wrote:So is anyone interested in purchasing the Hyundai Ioniq, brand new??? Just got one straight out the showroom and due to circumstances beyond my control, I have to sell.

If you just bought it from the show room its not brand new.
Sorry m8 but its now worth 10 to 15% less than the showroom price.
Its now a used vehicle according to the market.

Best try and get a relative or a good friend to take it otherwise you will have to take up to 15% loss on it.

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » May 7th, 2021, 6:51 am

Went to check out the New Elantra on Monday and I think I want one. Although the fully loaded one locally isn't actually fully loaded. I also HATE we getting the 8" screen with physical buttons and not the 10" screen from other markets.

I also thought it had a panoramic roof (idk why I thought this).

$249k though?

Also the base Ioniq is $269k now? My chest.
IMG_20210503_103610.jpeg
IMG_20210503_103635.jpeg
IMG_20210503_103651.jpeg
IMG_20210503_103706.jpeg

e87
Riding on 13's

Postby e87 » May 7th, 2021, 8:48 am

snypaz wrote:Went to check out the New Elantra on Monday and I think I want one. Although the fully loaded one locally isn't actually fully loaded. I also HATE we getting the 8" screen with physical buttons and not the 10" screen from other markets.

$249k though?

Also the base Ioniq is $269k now? My chest. IMG_20210503_103706.jpegIMG_20210503_103651.jpegIMG_20210503_103635.jpegIMG_20210503_103610.jpeg

Wow. Is that Ioniq price tag for the hybrid or EV variant? And which year model?

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » May 7th, 2021, 8:50 am

Think the last price on the full EV one was over $340k.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 7th, 2021, 9:46 am

Hi snypaz, did you get to drive it? Wondering how the 1.6 feels with all that "mass". My assumption is, since the car grew in size, that the curb weight also increased?

$249k is a bit of stretch I admit. The Cerato is a cheaper alternative which starts at $185k.

I have a feeling the Ioniqs will not sell like it did before. Massy might end up seeing some very little to zero sales now especially since they have a fully loaded Accent 1.6 with sunroof for over $100k less.

Current owners vehicles are increasing in age and the rate of new ones being added will decrease. Resale values will continue to plummet. If someone here purchased an Ioniq, you have 2 core options. 1. You cash out on future headache and just sell or 2. Keep it and run it to the ground.

I could have been the leader of a hybrid occult for all I care but I would not be paying 289k for a base Ioniq. SS had 2 Niro's. I see they only bringing the entry model now. Signs of regressive measures.

e87
Riding on 13's

Postby e87 » May 7th, 2021, 10:12 am

I’m still reeling at the Ioniq price. It stood between that or a Honda City CNG for us, but this makes it look a simple choice, despite its drawbacks.

feeldavibe
Street 2NR

Postby feeldavibe » May 7th, 2021, 10:51 am

Can anyone accurately advise on the update Ioniq prices so the front page can reflect it?

Kimmy037
Riding on 13's

Postby Kimmy037 » May 7th, 2021, 11:23 am

drchaos wrote:
Kimmy037 wrote:So is anyone interested in purchasing the Hyundai Ioniq, brand new??? Just got one straight out the showroom and due to circumstances beyond my control, I have to sell.

If you just bought it from the show room its not brand new.
Sorry m8 but its now worth 10 to 15% less than the showroom price.
Its now a used vehicle according to the market.

Best try and get a relative or a good friend to take it otherwise you will have to take up to 15% loss on it.

Anyone ever told you friends and family are the worst people to do business with? They practically want it free. :D
I'm willing to take the 10% loss on it right now.

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » May 7th, 2021, 11:32 am

agent007 wrote:Hi snypaz, did you get to drive it? Wondering how the 1.6 feels with all that "mass". My assumption is, since the car grew in size, that the curb weight also increased?

$249k is a bit of stretch I admit. The Cerato is a cheaper alternative which starts at $185k.

I have a feeling the Ioniqs will not sell like it did before. Massy might end up seeing some very little to zero sales now especially since they have a fully loaded Accent 1.6 with sunroof for over $100k less.

Current owners vehicles are increasing in age and the rate of new ones being added will decrease. Resale values will continue to plummet. If someone here purchased an Ioniq, you have 2 core options. 1. You cash out on future headache and just sell or 2. Keep it and run it to the ground.

I could have been the leader of a hybrid occult for all I care but I would not be paying 289k for a base Ioniq. SS had 2 Niro's. I see they only bringing the entry model now. Signs of regressive measures.

Talk is from SS is that they may discontinue the Niro since hybrids are no longer tax exempt. I have also been privy to sales data for the Ioniq and the since it has been in the T&T market, each year sales have been falling consistently (after the initial hype) . So I won't be surprised is they discontinue the Ioniq as well.

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » May 7th, 2021, 1:39 pm

The ioniq is too expensive for what it offers. It was a great novelty but the honeymoon is over.

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » May 12th, 2021, 3:41 pm

For that price I'd prefer get a fully loaded Mazda 3 or put a little more and get the Impreza, or wait for the new civic to get here and Sentra to get here and see what those have to offer.
snypaz wrote:Went to check out the New Elantra on Monday and I think I want one. Although the fully loaded one locally isn't actually fully loaded. I also HATE we getting the 8" screen with physical buttons and not the 10" screen from other markets.

$249k though?

Also the base Ioniq is $269k now? My chest.
IMG_20210503_103706.jpeg
IMG_20210503_103651.jpeg
IMG_20210503_103635.jpeg
IMG_20210503_103610.jpeg

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » May 12th, 2021, 6:02 pm

Recent Korean cars have some real nice designs. Still kinda sceptical to own one though...

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”