TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby aaron17 » June 10th, 2022, 4:01 pm

agent007 wrote:Aaron, and imagine the cx30 you saw is a basic version compared to what other countries get.

Alpha, you're spot on. It's a third world market only vehicle.

Damn...no carbon grey edition :cry:

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » June 10th, 2022, 5:08 pm

Alpha_2nr wrote:
zando wrote:''Greggle, I think those 1.5's is a non issue. Why I say that? I've seen 1.2 and 1.3 cars like Note, March, Swift and Yaris climb up Lady Young, Lady Chancellor, SF Hill, Maracas and Paramin normal.''

Thing with the above is that those cars are small and light, and only hold max 5 people in a pinch, if you have a bigger vehicle which weighs more and uses the same engine and can hold more people imo I think it might be an issue in the long run.

Have a look back at my last post. Ultimately, in my opinion, this may have been more applicable say 2005. Nowadays? Not so much.

Let's compare the BR-V against something familiar:

Case 1 - Nissan B15. No-one ever questioned if a B15 or Almera could have made it up LYR or Maracas from my recollection.

HP = 105 hp (this is highly optimistic BTW)
TQ = 100ft/lb
Weight = 1101 kg
Power to weight = 95.4 HP/kg
Source: https://www.carfolio.com/nissan-sunny-1 ... loon-85657

Case 2: Honda BR-V

HP = 119 hp
TQ = 107 ft/lb
Weight = 1265 kg (LX which should be the most common trim level)
Power to weight = 94.1 HP/kg
Source: https://hondatrinidad.net/car/brv/specs

The BR-V has more power, more torque, and nearly the same power-to-weight. So using those metrics alone, if no one had issues with the quintessential B15 going up a hill, there probably won't be much issue with the BR-V either IMHO.

I think people are looking at the size of the vehicle, and may realise that several modern "CUVs" just share the same base platforms with regular cars, which can at times lead to CUVs being not much heavier than the cars they are based on.

If you're looking to haul 7 big people everyday then you're not going to want a 7 seater CUV like the BR-V, anyway.

Look at something with more space.

Most "7 seater" CUVs (I assume the BR-V will be the same based on the dimensions) will not be able to comfortably fit 7 ADULTs. 4 adults, 3 kids? Sure maybe. Hell even a 7 seater 2015 Sorento can't do it properly IMHO, let alone these.
I get you, I do also think that it's assuming someone can afford something that's bigger, like a Sorento etc, if someone is on a budget then they may have no choice, I know two people with Nissan livinas and they both hate them lol always some issue they're having, from gas guage not working to batteries dying way ahead of time, but I guess that's straying off topic

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » June 10th, 2022, 6:07 pm

aaron17 wrote:
agent007 wrote:Aaron, and imagine the cx30 you saw is a basic version compared to what other countries get.

You can get a carbon edition foreign used. Approximately 30k USD.

timothymcdavid
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby timothymcdavid » June 12th, 2022, 12:27 pm

Who is selling a cx30 carbon edition for 30k usd?

wing wrote:
aaron17 wrote:

You can get a carbon edition foreign used. Approximately 30k USD.

blacklight
Sweet on this forum

Postby blacklight » June 14th, 2022, 12:00 pm

Sat in a few Mitsubishi's this weekend and I actually found that they were more comfortable than the competitors. Interior materials seemed a lil more premium. Its a shame they are over priced and don't hold much resale value.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » June 14th, 2022, 2:06 pm

Huh? What Mitsubishis you sat in bro? They don't have much rite now lol

Anyway, ANSA cleared some stock last night including the Xpander Cross, Sportero and the long awaited Honda BRV.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » June 14th, 2022, 4:05 pm

IMG_5563.JPG
IMG_5564.JPG
IMG_5565.JPG
IMG_5566.JPG

1.4T with 6AT paddle shift, 6 airbags, 360 cam, 9” touch screen display, front and rear parking sensors, push button start, panoramic sunroof, AllGrip AWD system, 17” alloy rims wrapped in Continental tyres, LED lights with DRL’s, 5 year/ 100,000kms warranty - $290k

I would love to see a 4-way comparison between the Vitara, S-Cross, Eclipse Cross and XV in some light off road trails locally seeing that all have AWD. It would be nice to see what the more expensive CRV, Xtrail, Forester and Tucson can do on those same trails as well.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » June 14th, 2022, 4:37 pm

Seems to have front cameras as well, two for that matter judging from the front view.

And has a "View" button inside. Could very well also have 360 camera.

Not bad at all.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » June 14th, 2022, 5:49 pm

Yup 360 camera. Just heard a radio ad for it.

blacklight
Sweet on this forum

Postby blacklight » June 15th, 2022, 3:28 am

agent007 wrote:Huh? What Mitsubishis you sat in bro? They don't have much rite now lol

Anyway, ANSA cleared some stock last night including the Xpander Cross, Sportero and the long awaited Honda BRV.

All of them in Republic Bank "Car/take a loan show" last weekend, the Sportero, Xpander Cross and Eclipse Cross.....Sportero and Eclipse Cross seat comfort for the win!

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » June 15th, 2022, 4:56 am

agent007 wrote:
IMG_5563.JPG
IMG_5564.JPG
IMG_5565.JPG
IMG_5566.JPG

1.4T with 6AT paddle shift, 6 airbags, 360 cam, 9” touch screen display, front and rear parking sensors, push button start, panoramic sunroof, AllGrip AWD system, 17” alloy rims wrapped in Continental tyres, LED lights with DRL’s, 5 year/ 100,000kms warranty - $290k

I would love to see a 4-way comparison between the Vitara, S-Cross, Eclipse Cross and XV in some light off road trails locally seeing that all have AWD. It would be nice to see what the more expensive CRV, Xtrail, Forester and Tucson can do on those same trails as well.
Nice vehicle, too much money though, that should be 250 max.

MDtuner70
Sweet on this forum

Postby MDtuner70 » June 24th, 2022, 12:00 am

Toyota's first full EV. Sharing the same platform with Subaru again (like they did with the gt86).

Comes with off-road modes, which is interesting.

tmack
Street 2NR

Postby tmack » June 24th, 2022, 6:47 am

[quote="MDtuner70"]Toyota's first full EV. Sharing the same platform with Subaru again (like they did with the gt86).

I wonder if TTTL will be offering this for sale, and if yes, how much will they have it for?

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » June 24th, 2022, 8:26 am

MDtuner70 wrote:Toyota's first full EV. Sharing the same platform with Subaru again (like they did with the gt86).

This was recalled due to a defect where the wheel could fall off due to the bolts failing

tmack
Street 2NR

Postby tmack » June 24th, 2022, 11:38 am

[/quote]This was recalled due to a defect where the wheel could fall off due to the bolts failing [/quote]

Wow, this is really mind-blowing. I'm guessing that the Subaru will also be recalled as they're both the 'same car'?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » June 24th, 2022, 2:29 pm

How much rav4 hybrid alluh ever see on our roads? I saw 2 and my TTTL source told me at the time that those were grey market (roro) imports. Who have $725k to punk down on a vehicle like that?

Concerning the BZ4X vehicle above, is best you stick with a ICE vehicle cause if the idea is to save money, you will have some years to pass until that cost is offset and let's be real here, TTTL not going to sell anything affordable.

If the regular Joe and Joe wife want to be seen in a Toyota SUV or crossover, there's always the Rush and CHR for that. I mean if a Hyundai Kona Electric is $395k and the Ioniq electric is $315k, the regular non management salaried public servant or private sector worker won't be able to afford that, especially if they have an apartment rental or mortgage coming out their pay check monthly.

But soon a dealership is going to release another electric option and they claim its one everyone can afford. I know what it is already and all I have to say is rofl.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » June 24th, 2022, 7:20 pm

agent007 wrote:How much rav4 hybrid alluh ever see on our roads? I saw 2 and my TTTL source told me at the time that those were grey market (roro) imports. Who have $725k to punk down on a vehicle like that?

Concerning the BZ4X vehicle above, is best you stick with a ICE vehicle cause if the idea is to save money, you will have some years to pass until that cost is offset and let's be real here, TTTL not going to sell anything affordable.

If the regular Joe and Joe wife want to be seen in a Toyota SUV or crossover, there's always the Rush and CHR for that. I mean if a Hyundai Kona Electric is $395k and the Ioniq electric is $315k, the regular non management salaried public servant or private sector worker won't be able to afford that, especially if they have an apartment rental or mortgage coming out their pay check monthly.

But soon a dealership is going to release another electric option and they claim its one everyone can afford. I know what it is already and all I have to say is rofl.
As the alpha male of the car park, I humbly ask of you : if someone is interested in an electric or hybrid electric vehicle, what vehicle will you be able to recommend, upper middle class income. Also seeing that most if not all manufacturers have electrified their models, will Trinidad end up being a dumping ground for pure ice vehicles that aren't wanted anywhere else? How difficult is it for us to adapt?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » June 24th, 2022, 9:56 pm

Boy if you only knew what a beta I am eh. I look like the hacker guy from The Core (bad behind a keyboard but will get bullied by a bee worse than Mr Bean could ever experience lol).

Concerning your question...your options are highly limited at this time. When last I was advised, we got some Ioniq electric stock to deplete and when that sells out...game over for that car cause production came to an end.

The Kona Electric "KE" for $395k is really your only option and the Taycan is priced out of 99% of our reach.

Having hopes for the Ioniq 5? That would be even more expensive than the KE.

Mazda MX-30?...don't get your hopes up, it will not be cheap either and my SS source is tight lipped about it.

What about the Nissan Leaf and Nissan Ariya? I can't divulge anything on those just yet and again those won't be cheap especially the latter. If some roro dealers selling 2019 Leafs for 220k then you can only imagine what Massy will want to fetch for a 2022 brand new one!

The Honda e is something you can look forward to, however it's a really small car (sized like a March or Spark) and small cars historically don't do exceedingly well in T&T. Imagine this "e" will be priced like a compact sedan and it's range is less than a Leaf. Not very practical now is it?

The Ford Mustang Mach E is going to be out of reach for most and same goes for the VW ID.4 (and this is hoping that we do get these options locally cause Ford and VW are dead brands in this country).

As for the Subaru Solterra? Refer to my previous post on the BZ4X.

MG has an electric version to the ZS which is as you would guess, the "ZS EV". This could be a possible "affordable" option but we'll see how this goes as I can't spill anything more on it but it's range is pretty ok I must admit.

Not bothering to talk about anything European/premium cause them thing out.

The reality is, our market requires a lot more time for the electric segment to develop and expand some more thus giving us more affordable options.

For now, it looks like the used grey market imports is all we have.

As we would have discussed in other threads, the idea of going EV is for what exactly? Save the planet or save money or a combination of both?

These questions brought forth arguments that can be pro or against EVs. Consider the cost of a KE for $395k and then consider a Suzuki Vitara. Both are around the same size. The most fully loaded Vitara is approx. $128k cheaper than a KE. Minus AllGrip and the savings will be $146k cheaper.

Given the above, it is based on the individual to determine whether it's worth paying more upfront to spend less in fuel and service costs.

If it were me, I would close my eyes and choose a Vitara GLX 2wd over a KE but that's just me.

In time, we will adapt. Automakers are in the business of making money for their owners. They will do whatever it takes to turn a profit. Eventually, ICE will phase out and the gen z crowd will get older. They will adapt quicker than us.

Our halo cars are Royal Saloon, Cressida and Laurel etc. Eventually their poster relics would be a Nissan Leaf lol. Automobiles would be short lived and disposable just like laptop computers. By that time we all would be old and grey or retired.

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » June 25th, 2022, 4:13 pm

tmack wrote:
This was recalled due to a defect where the wheel could fall off due to the bolts failing [/quote]

Wow, this is really mind-blowing. I'm guessing that the Subaru will also be recalled as they're both the 'same car'?[/quote]Correct, both vehicles recalled

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » June 26th, 2022, 12:07 pm

Any owner or reviews of the jaguar line of vehicles in trinidad , especially the E-pace?

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » June 26th, 2022, 1:34 pm

Kenjo wrote:Any owner or reviews of the jaguar line of vehicles in trinidad , especially the E-pace?

I can only say based on the test drives, if you’re considering buying into the more premium brands, while it’s a nice vehicle I found driving and premium interior to be better in the similarly priced Volvos. The jag variants we have seem very bottom ended

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » June 26th, 2022, 9:08 pm

nick639v2 wrote:
Kenjo wrote:Any owner or reviews of the jaguar line of vehicles in trinidad , especially the E-pace?

I can only say based on the test drives, if you’re considering buying into the more premium brands, while it’s a nice vehicle I found driving and premium interior to be better in the similarly priced Volvos. The jag variants we have seem very bottom ended

Yup was looking at the not so common ones so between that and the Volvo self , even the online International reviews look a bit off in terms of something as simple as the infotainment system. May really just look at the midrange Volvos and not waste time on the baby jaguar

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » June 26th, 2022, 9:44 pm

I would stay far far away if I were you... the brand is somewhat problematic and the dealership is very volatile.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » June 26th, 2022, 9:52 pm

Gladiator wrote:

I would stay far far away if I were you... the brand is somewhat problematic and the dealership is very volatile.

Yeah was just looking for something a bit more unique but the more common brands especially locally I’ll stick to them. Realising for vehicles newly developed only in 2017 I may be looking for my own headache

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » June 26th, 2022, 11:27 pm

Kenjo wrote:
Gladiator wrote:

Yeah was just looking for something a bit more unique but the more common brands especially locally I’ll stick to them. Realising for vehicles newly developed only in 2017 I may be looking for my own headache

Have you looked at the Mercedes Benz lineup... no EV yet but at least Sterling has a stable operation.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » June 26th, 2022, 11:56 pm

Kronik wrote:
tmack wrote:
This was recalled due to a defect where the wheel could fall off due to the bolts failing

Wow, this is really mind-blowing. I'm guessing that the Subaru will also be recalled as they're both the 'same car'?[/quote]Correct, both vehicles recalled[/quote]

Bolts should be a quick fix

timothymcdavid
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby timothymcdavid » June 28th, 2022, 8:49 am

So thought of you guys here ... when I heard RBC is offering 10yr loans on cars from lifestyle motors with 0% downpayment ... honestly only someone who is financially savvy or illiterate would take one of those loans .... Savvy being last time I talked to RBC there was no penalty on paying off auto loans early.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » June 28th, 2022, 4:40 pm

The leasing of cars was catching up so it might be almost equivalent but unfortunately it’s the only option for some persons now as a house is unattainable in some cases

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » June 28th, 2022, 7:47 pm

So went to service today at lifestyle, they had one of the new s-cross in the reception area, black fully loaded, I checked it out while I was waiting and I have to say Suzuki did well, it's very nice, everything seems well integrated and the interior seems really well done, also it imo looks like it has more ground clearance than the old one, I could be wrong though, paint quality seemed average (don't think Suzuki was known for that) but fit and finish is good, I like that semi-clam shell bonnet and the 360 camera system seems to be well integrated, I had to hunt for the cameras( good ), a lot of small cars usually have them tacked on like an after market kit.

One thing I noted that I would probably change if I got it was to put bigger tires on, I see it's using 215/55/17 which from what I saw looked too small for that vehicle, I'd step up to 225 which I don't think is far from what it can realistically take, all in I think Suzuki has a really really nice little cuv here, I still think the price is too high though, but maybe they will have discounts or you negotiate something, I think for 249 it would sell really well, but not sure about 270.

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » June 29th, 2022, 9:37 am

New Ioniq 6. Looks Pretty close to the Prophecy concept they released years ago.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”