TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby david12 » December 14th, 2021, 10:24 am

Subaru is another with a high price tag locally. There's a 50k price difference between the entry XV and the one above and I'm seeing here that the highest spec is 420k?! That's just amazing for a smaller crossover. One thing tho, I haven't seen any new Imprezas. Do they still sell this model?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » December 14th, 2021, 10:28 am

There's a few they managed to push out but Subaru got really impacted by the chip issues and well our forex woes never ceased. I figured Massy will push limited forex into those models that have a higher turnover. It appears their focus is the Frontier, Creta and Tucson. That's just my observation on the matter.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » December 16th, 2021, 9:19 am

Now is not the time to buy a new car, i think its better to wait another year if you can until We start getting more options for Affordable main stream Full Electric cars..

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » December 16th, 2021, 11:44 am

Saw the new vezel on the road ...to me, it hard to get adjusted looking at it.

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby david12 » December 16th, 2021, 1:06 pm

HSM started to bring in a couple new colours. That dark grey with the blue pearl is sick. Because the grill is body colour I hate the white Vezel. But the darker colours are sweet.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » December 16th, 2021, 4:04 pm

david12 wrote:HSM started to bring in a couple new colours. That dark grey with the blue pearl is sick. Because the grill is body colour I hate the white Vezel. But the darker colours are sweet.
You know there is a trim that has the ole school grill right? Oh maybe its an aftermarket option .

K_J_R
3NE 2NR for life

Postby K_J_R » December 20th, 2021, 4:03 pm

agent007 wrote:Zando, do I sense that you're in a predicament? Spoilt by the power to weight of the Cruze turbo but willing to accept a non turbo vehicl? Question is, what sedan (leaving crossovers out for now) could fill that void?

I personally saw a Cruze 1.4t obliterate a Kia Optima 2.0. I have a feeling the Mazda 6 2.0 won't stand a chance either but the Accord 1.5t for 425k is a good option.

If Zando and Drchaos is up for it, I would like to see some short mature highway pulls between said Cruze turbo vs the Civic turbo to understand what the gap would be like. If there's any properly functioning (lol) stock Jetta TSI's out there willing to join in, pm me let's organize something.

Sadly all those cars are dead locally except the Accord and Civic. The Accord can be the new sedan benchmark that gives us luxury, space, fuel economy and reasonable power/performance especially if you're not a crossover person.

In terms of crossovers now, only 3 reasonably priced ones I can think of that has that blended mix of reasonable power, economy and comfort etc would be the Tucson 1.6t, Eclipse Cross 1.5t and CRV 1.5t. I would actually love to see some highway pulls with these as well as an Equinox 1.5t.

Small engine with turbo Olympics lol.

would like to see the cruze t vs the civic t. Japanese be vs Korean. the Cruze has come a long way from the days of the daewoo racer

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » December 20th, 2021, 5:54 pm

I might be able to bring a cruze for testing....

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby david12 » December 20th, 2021, 8:20 pm

The Cruze is a very nice sleeper with fantastic aftermarket support. Watching one for sale right now. The 1.4t pulls very similarly to a na 2.0 with the 1.4 advantage

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » December 20th, 2021, 8:44 pm

Dave, like yuh have a trifecta tune Cruze in the arsenal? By now chaos probably has a hondata flashpro on his vic too. Would love to see this run and stick some go pros on them.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » December 20th, 2021, 10:41 pm

Cruz is absolutely stock. No special tune. The Sentra however is tuned strictly on stock parts.
Ppl never realize there is free horsepower in every stock car. Just have to look for the weakness and build upon those.
I can always bring the lansah if anyone wants a bad hurting.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » December 21st, 2021, 1:23 am

I would love to see that Sentra move. I've got an instrument that can help measure its true performance. We'll be in touch privately.

A172

Postby A172 » December 21st, 2021, 6:05 pm

Dave wrote:Cruz is absolutely stock. No special tune. The Sentra however is tuned strictly on stock parts.
Ppl never realize there is free horsepower in every stock car. Just have to look for the weakness and build upon those.
run that "lancer" against my "civic" nah

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » December 21st, 2021, 7:00 pm

A172 wrote:
Dave wrote:Cruz is absolutely stock. No special tune. The Sentra however is tuned strictly on stock parts.

‘Civic’ he says so nonchalantly

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby david12 » December 21st, 2021, 7:05 pm

You better watch yourself. Dave came by me last night and I got to drive the lancer. That's one bad CT9A. When you launch at 5k, you hitting 100 before you blink.

But I don't advise that race, the civic might torque steer its way into the lancer.
Last edited by david12 on December 21st, 2021, 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A172

Postby A172 » December 21st, 2021, 7:21 pm

scotty_buttons wrote:
A172 wrote:

‘Civic’ he says so nonchalantly
just a civic bro

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » December 21st, 2021, 8:20 pm

A172, did your car come with a spare tyre or fix a flat kit? Also, is it a full 3 seater backseat or its a 2-seater? In other words, is it a 5 seat or 4 seat car? If you're desirous of weighing your car (or anyone for that matter) and testing your acceleration times, feel free to pm me.

A172

Postby A172 » December 21st, 2021, 8:52 pm

agent007 wrote:A172, did your car come with a spare tyre or fix a flat kit? Also, is it a full 3 seater backseat or its a 2-seater? In other words, is it a 5 seat or 4 seat car? If you're desirous of weighing your car (or anyone for that matter) and testing your acceleration times, feel free to pm me.
tire puncture kit

JDM/Euro spec FK8 are 5 seaters, the US and whichever other applicable markets have the cup holders in the rear centre

ALady4ALady
Ricer

Postby ALady4ALady » December 22nd, 2021, 9:41 am

I had searched the site but did not find any thread on Paint Protection Film {ppf}.
A friend recently bought got the X5 and HR-V, both are not even insured as yet, and now looking into PPF.
If anyone should know, it would you all in this group/forum.

PPF, worth the money on both or just the X5?

A172

Postby A172 » December 22nd, 2021, 11:30 am

depends on the vehicle and its use

I have it on some of my cars, def worth it and peace of mind for your paint against wear&tear

wouldnt put it on my beater doh

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby david12 » December 22nd, 2021, 3:02 pm

ALady4ALady wrote:I had searched the site but did not find any thread on Paint Protection Film {ppf}.
A friend recently bought got the X5 and HR-V, both are not even insured as yet, and now looking into PPF.

PPF is nice for a new car that you'd really like to protect the paint. If the owner wants to keep both protected then yes it's worth it. If the Hrv was purchased to use all the time to not rack up miles on the X5 then it may not be worth it for the Hrv because it's clearly the daily that doesn't really matter if it gets a small chip or scratch. With all that being said I've never seen the service being offered locally, if anyone knows a person who does it share some info pls.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » December 22nd, 2021, 7:52 pm

A172 wrote:
agent007 wrote:A172, did your car come with a spare tyre or fix a flat kit? Also, is it a full 3 seater backseat or its a 2-seater? In other words, is it a 5 seat or 4 seat car? If you're desirous of weighing your car (or anyone for that matter) and testing your acceleration times, feel free to pm me.
tire puncture kit

JDM/Euro spec FK8 are 5 seaters, the US and whichever other applicable markets have the cup holders in the rear centre
Scene, thanks

ALady4ALady
Ricer

Postby ALady4ALady » December 22nd, 2021, 8:34 pm

Hmm mm, that's good advice. Thank you!
Saw this company, from Chaguanas:
* https://www.facebook.com/TechMotiveImports/

* https://www.instagram.com/explore/locat ... ted/?hl=en

Then, the other option is to purchase a graphene "polish" for the HRV, which I don't believe is available locally. Turtle or 303 being the better options so far.

david12 wrote:
ALady4ALady wrote:I had searched the site but did not find any thread on Paint Protection Film {ppf}.

PPF is nice for a new car that you'd really like to protect the paint. If the owner wants to keep both protected then yes it's worth it. If the Hrv was purchased to use all the time to not rack up miles on the X5 then it may not be worth it for the Hrv because it's clearly the daily that doesn't really matter if it gets a small chip or scratch. With all that being said I've never seen the service being offered locally, if anyone knows a person who does it share some info pls.

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby david12 » December 22nd, 2021, 9:23 pm

I've never considered ppf but then again I drive a CS

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » December 22nd, 2021, 9:28 pm

Was told that PPF is not suited for our climate and could lose adhesion.

However if so inclined, one can consider a ceramic coating for the X5.

I'm not into ceramic coatings. Much prefer to wax and detail my vehicles as it feels so enjoyable and rewarding.

But then, if I had a beautiful car that is not a daily drive, I'd probably consider a ceramic coating.

There are many great natural and synthetic waxes out there as well as consumer grade ceramics plus the new kid, graphene. May be worth a try as a good ceramic coating can be quite costly.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » December 23rd, 2021, 7:51 am

Graphene and ceramic have become marketing buzzwords, similar to synthetic. There are decent products but almost everything will have those words on the label

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » December 23rd, 2021, 12:14 pm

I saw that some south Kia sales reps have organized their customer vehicles to be detailed and coated by AutoClinique in preparation for delivery day. I actually like this initiative, dealerships should partner with these high end detailers so that brand new vehicles can get the coating and protection it deserves since the paint will have zero contamination to worry about which would make the coating process easier.

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby david12 » December 23rd, 2021, 12:35 pm

Alot of new cars with or without plates go to them. I assume that the same thing is done by other sales reps.

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » December 28th, 2021, 8:09 pm

agent007 wrote:I saw that some south Kia sales reps have organized their customer vehicles to be detailed and coated by AutoClinique in preparation for delivery day. I actually like this initiative, dealerships should partner with these high end detailers so that brand new vehicles can get the coating and protection it deserves since the paint will have zero contamination to worry about which would make the coating process easier.

Zero contamination ? You know that after sitting on the port lot most of these cars are kept in dirty, dusty lots. If you’re anal about paint, the quality of delivery leaves a lot to be desired. Always straight to a quality detailer after collection

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » December 29th, 2021, 12:08 pm

You’re right. Not all new vehicles come with the protective film or covers from the factory so yes exposed paint is normal and well the dealership wash bays leave a lot to be desired. Our vehicles came with swirl marks and I’m sure others here can attest to that too.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”