TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby A172 » April 1st, 2022, 8:59 pm

2019 up used vehicles expensive af rn with what going on in the world

taxi use import is a good avenue to cut the costs with the tax exemptions just keep in mind it would have to be a personal import with the consignee having a valid taxi badge to gt with the exemptions

on that same note because it would have to be a personal import u hadda jump out yuh cash $ cus no bank giving u a car loan with a transfer restriction on the certified copy

i think places like nidco & some credit unions would finance with the cert copy restriction, the issue would be finding a dealer who willing to use up their usd for small $ on a personal import

if u have to face the bank car loan just buy one in stock if u can find it, but be warned rn with these 2019 up vehicles is a sellers market so if u aint like the price, udfr

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » April 1st, 2022, 11:02 pm

agent007 wrote:That's easy.....you're limited to the Hyundai Staria, Toyota Esquire or Nissan Serena. If it were me, I'll consider ordering an Esquire or Serena directly from Japan. You can message user A172 for more info.

The staria is out as it's 2.2, so that makes it ineligible for any concessions. As per Gov't regs once it's under 2L my members can access incentives which are
10% customs duty, no MVT and they pay VAT. In the past we bought anything we wanted so lots of 3.5-5.7 V6 and V8 rides with the new policies it's about getting the same vehicle sizes but with smaller engines to take advantage of the tax breaks. I've already looked at the X-Trail, CR-V and Serena/Noah/Voxy. I'm looking to see what else is out there so I can do a comprehensive list of recommended vehicles.

I already took the list of electric vehicles from a few pages back to show that fleet modernization with those are cost-prohibitive and the ROI isn't attractive, I plan on presenting that argument to the State soon.

A172 it's cheaper for us to go for an import so as to take advantage of the lower customs duty, vs cars in lots that already paid the higher duty. Personally, I bought from local dealerships that have bonded lots so while what I want is here it hasn't had duty on it yet. And yes most of my members buy via cash as I know the financial institutions give problems, luckily most of our clients pay in $USD

MDtuner70
Sweet on this forum

Postby MDtuner70 » April 2nd, 2022, 12:15 am

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » April 2nd, 2022, 12:31 am

That’s some good info there gentlemen!

The Isuzu MU-X has a 1.9L turbo diesel option. If this is something you don’t mind, this can be an option to special order.

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » April 2nd, 2022, 2:59 pm

Did the Kona get a price drop? Says $395k on the first page but $365k on Massy

noobie
Street 2NR

Postby noobie » April 2nd, 2022, 3:22 pm

Is the top post here ever updated? How accurate are those prices?
"Last edited by agent007 on Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:08 am, edited 491 times in total."

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » April 2nd, 2022, 3:27 pm

Well that can't be true. Some vehicles on the list weren't out back then

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » April 3rd, 2022, 12:06 am

agent007 wrote:
randolphinshan wrote:Great review Car. No doubt both the Frontier and Hilux at those trim levels are great vans. At 50 K more which is a lot the Hilux must have some reason to influence your choice.

Agent between the 1.6 Suburu XV at 289 k and the BT 50 1.9 4x2 what will be your pick ? Is the XV really that lethargic to the point of almost a chore to drive as some You Tube reviews say? Tried to book a test drive but there is a 2 week wait period for whatever reason.

Randolph, I will admit the XV 1.6 is no rocket ship. There is only so much 113hp and 150Nm of torque can do whilst toting around 3300lbs and continuously powering all 4 wheels. We have to remember that the S-AWD system does not engage the back wheels when wheel slip is detected. With the XV, all four wheels are being powered the moment the transmission is placed on ‘D’.

It will take you where you need to go, whether it’s Tyrico or up Paramin and at least it’s not as pathetic as the Impreza 1.6TS from years ago. I would say the XV’s performance is similar to that of a Wingroad 1.5 Y12 and some of the older 1.5 cars we’ve grown accustomed to seeing. So pathetic it is not. Lethargic? It may seem so but if you’re an older kinda guy that toned down a lot over the years with less road aggression, I would say it’s pretty okay. The reassurance of having that AWD system and best in class ground clearance makes up for its power shortfall.

Massy does offer the 2.0L version in the $400k range which is a lot more sprightly if that would appeal to you. Remember higher elevations hurt naturally aspirated engines a lot but fortunately for us in T&T, our daily commute is pretty close to sea level so that’s a plus. I mentioned this because in some of the foreign reviews of the 2.0, I think they were being too harsh and spoilt for power in their criticism of said 2.0. Subaru “fixed” this by offering a 2.5 and like even that version is not getting the appreciation it deserves. The best way to understand a vehicle and it’s capabilities is to go test drive it yourself and form your own opinion.

In terms of your reference to the BT-50, yes I am a Mazda fanboy no doubt but unless you’re purchasing that particular grade of BT-50 for commercial/business use, I won’t be caught in that as a family oriented ride at all. It all depends on what your requirements are. To me if you’re going full commercial and need a van, just get the dmax version which I would imagine may be cheaper. If you really want a van but need it to be a family hauler as well then refer to our friend carluva’s review above.

If when you drive the XV you feel like the power is not good enough, then I would encourage you to check out the 2022 Eclipse Cross Dynamic+ for $329k. Those are coming standard S-AWC, 1.5 MIVEC turbo with 8-speed paddle shift and panoramic roof etc.
New XV which would be introduced at the end of 2022 along with the new Impreza I'm 98 percent sure is going to have the new 1.5turbo, Subaru finally jumping on the bandwagon, I'd wait for that one.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » April 3rd, 2022, 10:30 am

zando wrote:
agent007 wrote:
randolphinshan wrote:Great review Car. No doubt both the Frontier and Hilux at those trim levels are great vans. At 50 K more which is a lot the Hilux must have some reason to influence your choice.

Agent between the 1.6 Suburu XV at 289 k and the BT 50 1.9 4x2 what will be your pick ? Is the XV really that lethargic to the point of almost a chore to drive as some You Tube reviews say? Tried to book a test drive but there is a 2 week wait period for whatever reason.

Randolph, I will admit the XV 1.6 is no rocket ship. There is only so much 113hp and 150Nm of torque can do whilst toting around 3300lbs and continuously powering all 4 wheels. We have to remember that the S-AWD system does not engage the back wheels when wheel slip is detected. With the XV, all four wheels are being powered the moment the transmission is placed on ‘D’.

It will take you where you need to go, whether it’s Tyrico or up Paramin and at least it’s not as pathetic as the Impreza 1.6TS from years ago. I would say the XV’s performance is similar to that of a Wingroad 1.5 Y12 and some of the older 1.5 cars we’ve grown accustomed to seeing. So pathetic it is not. Lethargic? It may seem so but if you’re an older kinda guy that toned down a lot over the years with less road aggression, I would say it’s pretty okay. The reassurance of having that AWD system and best in class ground clearance makes up for its power shortfall.

Massy does offer the 2.0L version in the $400k range which is a lot more sprightly if that would appeal to you. Remember higher elevations hurt naturally aspirated engines a lot but fortunately for us in T&T, our daily commute is pretty close to sea level so that’s a plus. I mentioned this because in some of the foreign reviews of the 2.0, I think they were being too harsh and spoilt for power in their criticism of said 2.0. Subaru “fixed” this by offering a 2.5 and like even that version is not getting the appreciation it deserves. The best way to understand a vehicle and it’s capabilities is to go test drive it yourself and form your own opinion.

In terms of your reference to the BT-50, yes I am a Mazda fanboy no doubt but unless you’re purchasing that particular grade of BT-50 for commercial/business use, I won’t be caught in that as a family oriented ride at all. It all depends on what your requirements are. To me if you’re going full commercial and need a van, just get the dmax version which I would imagine may be cheaper. If you really want a van but need it to be a family hauler as well then refer to our friend carluva’s review above.

If when you drive the XV you feel like the power is not good enough, then I would encourage you to check out the 2022 Eclipse Cross Dynamic+ for $329k. Those are coming standard S-AWC, 1.5 MIVEC turbo with 8-speed paddle shift and panoramic roof etc.
New XV which would be introduced at the end of 2022 along with the new Impreza I'm 98 percent sure is going to have the new 1.5turbo, Subaru finally jumping on the bandwagon, I'd wait for that one.
I find Subaru take their sweet time before doing that... They had a 1.6 turbo that they could have put into this vehicle and others in their lineup almost 5 yrs ago. They only used it in the Levorg which we didn't get

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » April 3rd, 2022, 1:52 pm

kamakazi wrote:
zando wrote:
agent007 wrote:

I find Subaru take their sweet time before doing that... They had a 1.6 turbo that they could have put into this vehicle and others in their lineup almost 5 yrs ago. They only used it in the Levorg which we didn't get
Welll, true, however that was a JDM only vehicle, also not sure if that 1.6 would have suited Subarus worldwide needs, usually these new engines are world engines which means they have to be designed for a broad market and not just for one region which is what that 1.6 in the levorg was, so it would make sense for them to design a new engine that would meet broader needs.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » April 3rd, 2022, 8:23 pm

The FB16T was well suited for the XV that uses the base FB16 port injected version. What Subaru did was threw in Direct Injection + turbo to achieve 168hp and 250Nm of peak torque (a jump of 55hp and 100Nm respectively over the non turbo). This would have been ideal, but I suspect it was bean counting all the while.

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » April 4th, 2022, 4:33 pm

agent007 wrote:The FB16T was well suited for the XV that uses the base FB16 port injected version. What Subaru did was threw in Direct Injection + turbo to achieve 168hp and 250Nm of peak torque (a jump of 55hp and 100Nm respectively over the non turbo). This would have been ideal, but I suspect it was bean counting all the while.
I dunno, to me it would have made sense for them to redesign the engine to meet different standards, remember that engine going to the u.s. also so it would need to meet specific standards to go there, I doubt that 1.6 would have done it for them, I agree it is a good engine but I don't think it was made for everyone.

agent007
punchin NOS

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby agent007 » April 5th, 2022, 5:16 pm

https://trinidadexpress.com/business/lo ... 3cff0.html

Prepare alluh self for an EV era…

Btw zando, I would love to see some digs and highway pulls with a Levorg and a Cruze. Have a feeling the Chevy would still win.

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » April 5th, 2022, 5:35 pm

agent007 wrote:https://trinidadexpress.com/business/local/volvo-s-c40-recharge-coming-to-t-t/article_8c616d46-afca-11ec-a146-13857f03cff0.html

Prepare alluh self for an EV era…

Btw zando, I would love to see some digs and highway pulls with a Levorg and a Cruze. Have a feeling the Chevy would still win.
Haaaa welll I see the 0-60 time for a levorg is about 8.6 seconds, the Cruze supposed to be faster but, who knows, also your link not working

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » April 5th, 2022, 5:45 pm

I had a mind so, I’ll spare you the PR garbage. Basically it’s an express article highlighting that the 2022 Volvo C40 Recharge would be heading to Massy showrooms soon.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » April 5th, 2022, 8:56 pm

You'll need to be a spider to buy that vehicle. With the amount of tech and features, you'll need to have many eyes for Massy to dig out.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 6th, 2022, 12:43 am

noobie wrote:Is the top post here ever updated? How accurate are those prices?
"Last edited by agent007 on Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:08 am, edited 491 times in total."

The ANSA Motors and Lifestyle Motors prices were updated by moderators last month (Feb 2022).
Admin and Moderator edits will not show in the "Last edited by" date.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » April 6th, 2022, 3:03 am

Honda fanboys would be pleased to know that the 2022 HRV Hybrid is being pre-booked right now at a special intro price of $389k at ANSA Motors.

Some grey market roro dealers selling the exact vehicle for $289k and yes they’re 2022 models lol. I wish ANSA plenty luck with that one.

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » April 6th, 2022, 8:59 am

agent007 wrote:Honda fanboys would be pleased to know that the 2022 HRV Hybrid is being pre-booked right now at a special intro price of $389k at ANSA Motors.

Some grey market roro dealers selling the exact vehicle for $289k and yes they’re 2022 models lol. I wish ANSA plenty luck with that one.
Isn't that more than a CR-V now?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » April 6th, 2022, 10:07 am

Lol yup, the bigger more powerful and good looking entry crv is cheaper than the entry much uglier hrv by $60k.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » April 6th, 2022, 1:46 pm

In some Hyundai news, the 2022 Ioniq EV has arrived for $315k. It was previously $270k and would have been $355k however, Massy Motors is empathetic to the rising cost of living in T&T thus they have taken a decision to absorb the cost by giving us a major discount worth $40k.

What caused the price hike in the first place?

1. Ship shortage
2. Vehicle shortage
3. Shipping shortages
4. Oil prices
5. Lack of forex

So despite it being tax free, please do not make any references to its previous price nor the government's tax exempt structure. For $315k its a steal of a deal.

Remember you get a full manufacturers warranty on this and in years to come when it's resale value resembles that of a used Lasko fan, user A172 will happily inject new life into your battery pack.

Get it while stocks last.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » April 7th, 2022, 3:35 pm

Steups

In first world countries mprices on cars go up year over year by 1 or 2 thousand us

Here we go ip by12000 us

We are stupid and too stupid to know we are stupid

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » April 7th, 2022, 7:47 pm

^so true.

So in more Hyundai news, have you ever gotten a bad drive from a north-south taxi H-1? Well as those vehicles deteriorate and drop like flies, it's replacement is now known as the Staria based on a unibody platform.

So not only can they just bad drive us, they have better handling dynamics to get away with it too.

We welcome a bona-fide minivan to our market once again. The 2022 Staria CRDi with 8AT transmission.

$483,000. for P and T
$432,000. for H
FB_IMG_1649264997109.jpg
FB_IMG_1649264988211.jpg
FB_IMG_1649264969425.jpg
FB_IMG_1649264967298.jpg
FB_IMG_1649264994886.jpg

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » April 7th, 2022, 9:13 pm

agent007 wrote:^so true.

So in more Hyundai news, have you ever gotten a bad drive from a north-south taxi H-1? Well as those vehicles deteriorate and drop like flies, it's replacement is now known as the Staria based on a unibody platform.

So not only can they just bad drive us, they have better handling dynamics to get away with it too.

We welcome a bona-fide minivan to our market once again. The 2022 Staria CRDi with 8AT transmission.

$483,000. for P and T
$432,000. for H
FB_IMG_1649264994886.jpg
FB_IMG_1649264967298.jpg
FB_IMG_1649264969425.jpg
FB_IMG_1649264988211.jpg
FB_IMG_1649264997109.jpg
I know looks are subjective and the vehicle may actually perform very well in the real world, but it really has polarizing looks.... putting it mildly.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » April 8th, 2022, 10:53 am

Broooo.. the amount of Rubicon I seeing on the road makes me want one lol..
*in my dreams

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » April 8th, 2022, 12:18 pm

aaron17 wrote:Broooo.. the amount of Rubicon I seeing on the road makes me want one lol..
*in my dreams
Why?

I mean, it looks good and has some good tech.

But with a 3 star crash safety rating from ANCAP, solid axle instead of IFS (resulting in an unimpressive on road ride quality and handling), what is the appeal if you are not using it for the true off road machine it truly is?

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » April 8th, 2022, 1:03 pm

carluva wrote:
aaron17 wrote:Broooo.. the amount of Rubicon I seeing on the road makes me want one lol..
*in my dreams
Why?

I mean, it looks good and has some good tech.

But with a 3 star crash safety rating from ANCAP, solid axle instead of IFS (resulting in an unimpressive on road ride quality and handling), what is the appeal if you are not using it for the true off road machine it truly is?

true eh

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » April 8th, 2022, 3:12 pm

Sometimes I wonder about these crash ratings. A Kia Cerato got 5 stars yet if that nonsense so happen to crash into a Wrangler, I bet the real world results would show the Kia looking like a crushed coke can and the Wrangler's giant wheel absorbed most of the impact. But who is to say, those Jeeps are bad road conquerors.

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » April 8th, 2022, 3:57 pm

agent007 wrote:Sometimes I wonder about these crash ratings. A Kia Cerato got 5 stars yet if that nonsense so happen to crash into a Wrangler, I bet the real world results would show the Kia looking like a crushed coke can and the Wrangler's giant wheel absorbed most of the impact. But who is to say, those Jeeps are bad road conquerors.
They include passive and active safety also, so it's not just about how well a car crumples now lol so things like lane keep assist, and auto braking etc would add or subtract from the score depending on if the vehicle has the feature or not, I don't think wranglers have all those gizmos so it will get a lower eating, also the newest thing that is being tested are headlights, so if your vehicle has poor or good headlights that will also affect the safety rating.

Honestly a wrangler type vehicle won't ever be as ' safe ' as a vehicle that is unibody, I think people in the know who likes those vehicles know this and sacrifice some safety for the ' cool ' factor.

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » April 8th, 2022, 4:32 pm

I understand the Sportage is coming in May - 268K for the Basic and 330K for top end?

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”