TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

agent007
punchin NOS

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby agent007 » May 26th, 2022, 11:19 pm

Hmm strange not picking up for them cause them don't pay me neither any other auto maker. I see that fog lights is being phased out by Mazda which I suppose like Benz, they're integrating it into the headlamp cluster.

So I've seen locally that they adding a DRL looking LED strip on the lower bumper where typical foglights would be. Question is, which power source are the installers tapping from and is it a proper install?

Maybe due to poor install this can cause a short. Messing around with electricals and lights with these canbus sensitive vehicles these days are not a wise idea.

If it have nothing to do with that then Mazda deserves the pong. I expect better from them especially from their upmarket strategy.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 29th, 2022, 11:02 am

Aight fellas...explain this one for me cause I'm confused. As far as I know, the current T32 Xtrail imported by Massy since Q4 2014-present came with the MR20DD 2.0 naturally aspirated engine just like in the Qashqai. Is it that they have returned to getting the QR25DE 2.5 unit like they did with the previous T31 model? Now I seeing that they advertising 2.0 turbo at the same time.

See supporting sales rep postings below:

These sales reps could real lie and misrepresent by false hyping what they sell. There is a female sales rep up in Morvant who is known for that.
FB_IMG_1653806409163.jpg
Screenshot_20220529-024033_Facebook.jpg

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » May 29th, 2022, 3:04 pm

agent007 wrote:Aight fellas...explain this one for me cause I'm confused. As far as I know, the current T32 Xtrail imported by Massy since Q4 2014-present came with the MR20DD 2.0 naturally aspirated engine just like in the Qashqai. Is it that they have returned to getting the QR25DE 2.5 unit like they did with the previous T31 model? Now I seeing that they advertising 2.0 turbo at the same time.

These sales reps could real lie and misrepresent by false hyping what they sell. There is a female sales rep up in Morvant who is known for that.
Screenshot_20220529-024033_Facebook.jpg
FB_IMG_1653806409163.jpg
Those never came turbo charged lmaoo

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » May 29th, 2022, 9:41 pm

agent007 wrote:Aight fellas...explain this one for me cause I'm confused. As far as I know, the current T32 Xtrail imported by Massy since Q4 2014-present came with the MR20DD 2.0 naturally aspirated engine just like in the Qashqai. Is it that they have returned to getting the QR25DE 2.5 unit like they did with the previous T31 model? Now I seeing that they advertising 2.0 turbo at the same time.

These sales reps could real lie and misrepresent by false hyping what they sell. There is a female sales rep up in Morvant who is known for that.Screenshot_20220529-024033_Facebook.jpgFB_IMG_1653806409163.jpg

They don't really lie... they just stupid, misinformed, refuse to learn about the product they sell and like to catch stupid people.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » May 29th, 2022, 11:14 pm

I copped my forester couple days ago. Got some time today to thoroughly enjoy it and I must say that vehicle is punching way above its class in comfort and drivability.. Entirely different feel from the XV, not taking away anything from the XV, still a great car but the forester takes it up more than just a couple notches!!

Edit: Should have a direct competitor (Crv awd) in the pumpkin vine soon so that I can update on where they trade blows

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 29th, 2022, 11:50 pm

Nick this is good news. Congratulations! I take it the grey one that was ready to be delivered was yours? Is it the EyeSight version you got for $490k?

The CRV awd is $430k so it's 2 obvious advantages are price and power (being turbo). The Forester's advantages would be the safety kit, better awd system, the premium sound system and its still built in Japan but for $60k less, some will lean more on the CRV even though its built in Thailand.

The Xtrail 2.0 Exclusive 5-seater was recently advertised at $409k but 1 major issue I have with this vehicle (like it's Qashqai) sibling is the 5" non touch LCD head unit display screen. The audio system in the Xtrail is 1.5 decades behind time. I want to see a local off road comparison between these 3 and I feel the CRV will come last in that test.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » May 30th, 2022, 2:05 am

nick639v2 wrote:I copped my forester couple days ago. Got some time today to thoroughly enjoy it and I must say that vehicle is punching way above its class in comfort and drivability.. Entirely different feel from the XV, not taking away anything from the XV, still a great car but the forester takes it up more than just a couple notches!!

Edit: Should have a direct competitor (Crv awd) in the pumpkin vine soon so that I can update on where they trade blows
That is interesting seeing as they are both built on the same vehicle platform.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » May 30th, 2022, 7:32 am

@agent it was the Black, all the goodies except eyesight. Just cuz we got it pretty good off the listed price and put it squarely with the awd crv…,so it was further savings as opposed to the eyesight variant that entertained barely any price negotiations.

@kamakazi, right?? I thought the XV was spot on the while I had to use it so the forester should feel the same. It could be transmission witchcraft making it feel this way and with the extra weight they dialed in the shocks a bit differently, but end result surpassed my expectations.

By August it’ll get competition from the crv in the yard. Hopefully I could get that one to make choo choo noises with a little mods

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 30th, 2022, 10:08 am

Nick, I know the deal you got. It’s a very convincing package and I’m glad you took it over the similarly priced CRV. One of the reasons why you feel the Forester is superior alone in the drive, probably has to do with the additional power. My impressions of one is similar to an XV. Imo the XV feels sharper in the handling dept. though. Check your tyre pressures and make sure it’s to spec. Not all the time the pressure straight out of the dealer’s lot is accurate. Congrats again nevertheless.

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » June 4th, 2022, 9:15 am

Sooo I see these people bringing it in, if they charging that price I can only imagine what ansa will charge nice van though.
Screenshot_20220604-091335__01.jpg

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » June 4th, 2022, 7:19 pm

Well well well...2.0 twin turbo with 10AT transmission. This could possibly be the fastest pickup on our market now.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » June 4th, 2022, 10:31 pm

agent007 wrote:Well well well...2.0 twin turbo with 10AT transmission. This could possibly be the fastest pickup on our market now.

Some of Last gen that came from grey market was the same. Comfortably yea it have the pace. The pickup easily worth the price and so far nobody complained about it with the diesel. My buddy ritual 800+ kms per tank and cruising effortless at 140 too..

Point to note one of the twin turbo np already sprung the forbidden rear main seal leak lol

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » June 4th, 2022, 11:08 pm

The facelift in the last gen had that engine. In this new gen its the less powerful engine. I am curious to see what the version with the 3.0 V6 TD (Lion) which is a land rover engine would cost if they decide to bring it to our market. ANSA refused to bring down the 2.0 TT versions because of diesel quality and sticked with the bigger 3.2 lets see what they do now since the 3.2 is totally dropped.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » June 7th, 2022, 12:55 am

The 2022 7-seater Honda BRV 1.5 SOHC i-VTEC CVT 2wd fully loaded is almost here priced at $289k.

It has the typical full compliment of power features, 7" touch screen display with 6 speakers, push button start, leather seats, 16" rims, dual airbags, front disc/rear drum brakes, rear ac, torsion beam rear suspension, traction/stability control, projector halogen lights, fog lights, roof rack & paddle shifters etc.

This is going to be a tough sell as the Rush, Xpander Cross and XL-7 are cheaper...especially the zuki and it more or less have the same features like those. Maybe it will sell cause it's a Honda which makes it an entry level premium 7 seater luxury "SUV".

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » June 7th, 2022, 2:56 pm

agent007 wrote:The 2022 7-seater Honda BRV 1.5 SOHC i-VTEC CVT 2wd fully loaded is almost here priced at $289k.

It has the typical full compliment of power features, 7" touch screen display with 6 speakers, push button start, leather seats, 16" rims, dual airbags, front disc/rear drum brakes, rear ac, torsion beam rear suspension, traction/stability control, projector halogen lights, fog lights, roof rack & paddle shifters etc.

This is going to be a tough sell as the Rush, Xpander Cross and XL-7 are cheaper...especially the zuki and it more or less have the same features like those. Maybe it will sell cause it's a Honda which makes it an entry level premium 7 seater luxury "SUV".
Waaaayyyy too expensive, also I don't understand how all of a sudden people NEED 7 seaters, my family survived on a ck2 lancer annnddd it used to carry the 4 of us to the beach with the trunk packed, no brakes when you reach maracas, but still we made it

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » June 7th, 2022, 3:20 pm

Many men in T&T have 2 families now. The legit one and the outside one. When them going on road trips whether to the beach or to the malls or just visiting family and friends, he will need to choose 1 of his children's mothers, the entire battalion of kids, perhaps a mother in law and have space for infant seats etc. So yeah, expect to see more of these fake 7 seater options.

Frankly given our oppressive tax regime, I won't expect better alternatives to pop up anytime soon eg.

Mazda CX-9, Toyota Kluger or Kia Carnival. The new 2022 Nissan Pathfinder 3.5 is a special order unit only which has recently only now been available for RHD configuration. Expect 800k minimum for those.

Goodluck trying to fit an infant seat in the supposed 3rd rows of the Rush, XL7, Xpander and BRV though.

The Hyundai Staria though....

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » June 7th, 2022, 4:09 pm

agent007 wrote:Many men in T&T have 2 families now. The legit one and the outside one. When them going on road trips whether to the beach or to the malls or just visiting family and friends, he will need to choose 1 of his children's mothers, the entire battalion of kids, perhaps a mother in law and have space for infant seats etc. So yeah, expect to see more of these fake 7 seater options.

Frankly given our oppressive tax regime, I won't expect better alternatives to pop up anytime soon eg.

Mazda CX-9, Toyota Kluger or Kia Carnival. The new 2022 Nissan Pathfinder 3.5 is a special order unit only which has recently only now been available for RHD configuration. Expect 800k minimum for those.

Goodluck trying to fit an infant seat in the supposed 3rd rows of the Rush, XL7, Xpander and BRV though.

Saw a staria on the road, looks alot smaller and cheaper looking in real life, but I like it, it has presence, it's also alot lower looking in real life, def can't go talparo with it.

Also about that whole second family thing, if the man bring all the children won't whichever woman he choose know something is up? I feel like she would wanna know where the extra kiddies came from lol

greggle71
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby greggle71 » June 8th, 2022, 7:07 am

agent007 wrote:Many men in T&T have 2 families now. The legit one and the outside one. When them going on road trips whether to the beach or to the malls or just visiting family and friends, he will need to choose 1 of his children's mothers, the entire battalion of kids, perhaps a mother in law and have space for infant seats etc. So yeah, expect to see more of these fake 7 seater options.

I agree, I guess even at full capacity that 1.5 engine would still move but how would it perform at capacity on a hilly road?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » June 8th, 2022, 11:13 am

Lol @ zando, once a trini mother get her alimony and child maintenance on time, she doh care who the other squeeze is or where them pikneys come from. The man say he taking all ah dem out to the beach and he paying. That's all she want to hear and once he don't abuse nobody and on civil terms, better yet! Them 7 seater will sell like crazy cause a lot of T&T men could be toxic with their ex but they love their kids eh especially dem soldiers lol.

Greggle, I think those 1.5's is a non issue. Why I say that? I've seen 1.2 and 1.3 cars like Note, March, Swift and Yaris climb up Lady Young, Lady Chancellor, SF Hill, Maracas and Paramin normal. A 1.5 micro minivan /mini MPV that is geared for more weight should be able to make it with full capacity and AC on.

These modern vehicles despite having theoretically low hp would surprise you based on how well the transmission utilizes that power. It have a fella running a white Livina (the flopped alternative to the Xpander) as an H on the north-south and on full load he still clocking over 100kmph easy.

Out of the quartet of the XL7, Xpander, Rush and BRV, only the BRV has a CVT. The rest is 4AT. That alone should tell you to stay away from the Honda if steepish ascents are a potential issue. But I have no data to support that claim and who knows, the Honda could be the most reliable? I guess time will tell.

If people serious about they 7 seaters and want more power then prepare to fork out $500k thereabouts for a MB GLB200 or almost $600k for a Santa Fe/Sorento.

If you not into South Korean, then Toyota's Fortuner will handle you in exchange for $700-800k and there's always the Prado for 1 million. If them thing too cheap then consider parting ways with $1.5-2 million for stuff like MB GLS and BMW X7.

People buying Prados in this country like Corollas. New ones everywhere. Whether it's from TTTL or grey market, either way it ain't cheap. To me the only thing good about a Prado is its 4WD capability and ground clearance. It's materials, build quality and ride quality is not becoming of a million dollar vehicle.

Now if SS could import the Kia Carnival which is a true minivan, that to me will give you a better ride and tons more luxury at a cheaper price vs a Prado. Ah lie?

And yes, agent007 talked about a Kia alternative to a Toyota. Tough times guys.

Alpha_2nr
punchin NOS

Postby Alpha_2nr » June 8th, 2022, 5:54 pm

greggle71 wrote:

I agree, I guess even at full capacity that 1.5 engine would still move but how would it perform at capacity on a hilly road?

Not seeing why any vehicle on the market today would have trouble nowadays with anything from Maracas to Lady Young.

True, the engine might have to run a lower gear and rev a bit more, but this doesn't mean the car can't do the job. It is fundamentally a non-issue. Can't recall what HP the L15B (I assume that's what is in this car) makes....125 ish? And the BR-V isn't exactly going to be heavy - it should most likely be based on the Fit's modular platform, similar to the H-RV/Vezel. So if an Almera/B14/B13 could do it, not seeing this having an issue.

I'm sure agent007 can confirm/refute.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » June 8th, 2022, 6:57 pm

Actually the website indicates 88kW or 118hp and 145Nm peak torque. It’s a SOHC profile so it’s most probably the L15A since the L15B is DOHC. They mentioned PGM-FI and not EarthDreams DI which is not a bad thing.

Btw, I haven’t seen you in quite some time. Welcome back…

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » June 8th, 2022, 8:33 pm

Saw a mazda cx30 in soul red... a beauty..but it was kinda far...and the scenery was dusty and cloudy/dark. So idk if that hid the plastic body cladding...lol

Alpha_2nr
punchin NOS

Postby Alpha_2nr » June 8th, 2022, 8:38 pm

agent007 wrote:Actually the website indicates 88kW or 118hp and 145Nm peak torque. It’s a SOHC profile so it’s most probably the L15A since the L15B is DOHC. They mentioned PGM-FI and not EarthDreams DI which is not a bad thing.

Btw, I haven’t seen you in quite some time. Welcome back…

Interesting - good to know. I know that some of ANSA's other offerings did carry Earthdreams Di engines, so it's interesting that this is not.

I suspect this may be due to this BRV being a more Malaysian/SDM market car (like the Daihatsu Terios/Toyota Rush), vs the Civic/Fit etc which are global market cars (Western AND Eastern markets...and EarthDreams being a push for global car platforms).?

Again, conjecture here, no firm confirmation on that.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » June 8th, 2022, 10:20 pm

Aaron, and imagine the cx30 you saw is a basic version compared to what other countries get.

Alpha, you're spot on. It's a third world market only vehicle.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » June 8th, 2022, 10:36 pm

Point to the forester so far for the gas consumption. I’m averaging around 700kms per tank!! Combined L/100km is a ritual 7.5 (according to trip computer).. The transmission is sublime at cruising speeds too, almost feels like the cruise control is on, yes that little of an accelerator pedal input to maintain the 90-110 sweet spot. Very very happy with this so far.
Last edited by nick639v2 on June 8th, 2022, 10:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » June 8th, 2022, 11:01 pm

It’s an engineering masterpiece nick! Take good care of her and she will take good care of you.

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » June 10th, 2022, 2:44 am

''Greggle, I think those 1.5's is a non issue. Why I say that? I've seen 1.2 and 1.3 cars like Note, March, Swift and Yaris climb up Lady Young, Lady Chancellor, SF Hill, Maracas and Paramin normal.''

Thing with the above is that those cars are small and light, and only hold max 5 people in a pinch, if you have a bigger vehicle which weighs more and uses the same engine and can hold more people imo I think it might be an issue in the long run.

Alpha_2nr
punchin NOS

Postby Alpha_2nr » June 10th, 2022, 6:16 am

zando wrote:''Greggle, I think those 1.5's is a non issue. Why I say that? I've seen 1.2 and 1.3 cars like Note, March, Swift and Yaris climb up Lady Young, Lady Chancellor, SF Hill, Maracas and Paramin normal.''

Thing with the above is that those cars are small and light, and only hold max 5 people in a pinch, if you have a bigger vehicle which weighs more and uses the same engine and can hold more people imo I think it might be an issue in the long run.

Have a look back at my last post. Ultimately, in my opinion, this may have been more applicable say 2005. Nowadays? Not so much.

Let's compare the BR-V against something familiar:

Case 1 - Nissan B15. No-one ever questioned if a B15 or Almera could have made it up LYR or Maracas from my recollection.

HP = 105 hp (this is highly optimistic BTW)
TQ = 100ft/lb
Weight = 1101 kg
Power to weight = 95.4 HP/kg
Source: https://www.carfolio.com/nissan-sunny-1 ... loon-85657

Case 2: Honda BR-V

HP = 119 hp
TQ = 107 ft/lb
Weight = 1265 kg (LX which should be the most common trim level)
Power to weight = 94.1 HP/kg
Source: https://hondatrinidad.net/car/brv/specs

The BR-V has more power, more torque, and nearly the same power-to-weight. So using those metrics alone, if no one had issues with the quintessential B15 going up a hill, there probably won't be much issue with the BR-V either IMHO.

I think people are looking at the size of the vehicle, and may realise that several modern "CUVs" just share the same base platforms with regular cars, which can at times lead to CUVs being not much heavier than the cars they are based on.

If you're looking to haul 7 big people everyday then you're not going to want a 7 seater CUV like the BR-V, anyway.

Look at something with more space.

Most "7 seater" CUVs (I assume the BR-V will be the same based on the dimensions) will not be able to comfortably fit 7 ADULTs. 4 adults, 3 kids? Sure maybe. Hell even a 7 seater 2015 Sorento can't do it properly IMHO, let alone these.
Last edited by Alpha_2nr on June 10th, 2022, 7:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » June 10th, 2022, 10:01 am

I suspect the gross vehicle weight (GVW) which is the weight of the car plus a full tank of fuel and all its passengers would be higher in the BRV vs the B15 example.

I would expect that Honda would have taken this weight into consideration for the engine (in terms of optimizing the hp and torque curve) as well as transmission gearing and overall throttle/fuel mapping etc.

However where physics is concerned, I'm afraid the question of the BRV's capability at such steepish ascents can come into question, especially with Paramin.

Heat obliterates a transmission so it would be nice to test drive a BRV vs a City at full capacity and compare transmission temperatures with a heat gun.

This is the kind of info that is never discussed in a showroom nor would any sales rep wish to disclose. These are the kind of discussions that people should be engaged in before the purchase of a vehicle.

Well done gentlemen.

BTW I totally agree, the 3rd row in a Santa Fe / Sorento is pathetic for adults. Those are like jumper seats for kids.

Alpha_2nr
punchin NOS

Postby Alpha_2nr » June 10th, 2022, 12:37 pm

agent007 wrote:I suspect the gross vehicle weight (GVW) which is the weight of the car plus a full tank of fuel and all its passengers would be higher in the BRV vs the B15 example.

I would expect that Honda would have taken this weight into consideration for the engine (in terms of optimizing the hp and torque curve) as well as transmission gearing and overall throttle/fuel mapping etc.

However where physics is concerned, I'm afraid the question of the BRV's capability at such steepish ascents can come into question, especially with Paramin.

Heat obliterates a transmission so it would be nice to test drive a BRV vs a City at full capacity and compare transmission temperatures with a heat gun.

This is the kind of info that is never discussed in a showroom nor would any sales rep wish to disclose. These are the kind of discussions that people should be engaged in before the purchase of a vehicle.

Well done gentlemen.

BTW I totally agree, the 3rd row in a Santa Fe / Sorento is pathetic for adults. Those are like jumper seats for kids.

I remember hearing all sorts of stories of how CVTs were bad juju, unreliable, cyah take licks etc etc, since my P11 Primera days.

Never an issue then (Hyper CVT), and with my present daily beater (CVT - doing 150k km and climbing), never an issue now either, no matter the terrain/incline (including 3x weekly LYR w/ passengers for early POS runs before traffic, site visits to Tableland, Guapo etc etc.). I continue to maintain the manufacturer recommended 40k km changeout on this car........and it works great.

Maintenance is the actual priority - lack of it is what kills transmissions.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”