TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

agent007
punchin NOS

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby agent007 » April 14th, 2022, 4:11 pm

Rory Phoulorie wrote:
agent007 wrote:Suzuki fan boys would be pleased to know that the all new 2022 S-Cross 1.4T is on its way.

Any word on if the Vitara with that engine will be coming our way?

Honestly can’t say but BessMotors in Chaguanas beat them to it.

Skanky
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Skanky » April 15th, 2022, 7:24 am

Shalom Vanamson wrote:
Skanky wrote:I read this discussion occasionally and all i see are people stating problems but not even trying to suggest a solution.
The problem is the politicians and dealers are one entity out to make as much money as possible,smiling in your face and telling you they care while fcuking you in the bank account.

We were told under no uncertain circumstances that if we want anything we have to riot but as usual the only people to listen and act and get what they want always are the people of the Beetham.
So since trinis too arrogant to act to get anything done the next laziest thing to do is education. It won't be as effective but it's a step in the right direction until somebody comes up with a better one.

Take this same discussion and make it public on social media and try to educate as many people as possible about how they are being raped when it comes to new cars in this country. Monitor vehicle prices with the lists on page 1 so people can see over time how prices have changed.

It can't be that all the members of the government and opposition are driving range rovers and Porsche but the general public must drive aqua and note because fuel prices high and cars expensive in Barbados and Singapore. Trinis dotish awah?

Honestly people need to be educated about this whole Hybrid and Electric thing especially where tax concessions are given. Persons seem to be comfortable with the notion of if you can afford those hybrid luxury vehicles with a tax break you could afford to pay for them without a tax break in other words you could pay the tax....Rubbish. The government has literally gone out their and continue to do so in ENSURING that only them or a certain class of society drive specific vehicles (luxury brands) whereas everyone else drives Aquas and those class of vehicles.

Trinis need to understand they have the power but waiting on the law and making internet videos and posts not going to do anything.
You have to complain... not to the local dealers but as high up the food chain as you can get internationally.
For instance I know a woman who bought a lipstick for a couple hundred dollars and had some problem that the local store wouldn't address. She emailed the store's international HQ and got her problem sorted next day.
I have personally complained internationally a few times and within hours my problems were sorted out when the local reps told me nothing could be done as they try to tell trinis all the time.

What do you think would happen if trinis started to flood these car dealers international headquarters with complaints about poor support, servicing, lack of features, high costs e.t.c e.t.c.? Can't guarantee anything would happen but you'd have higher probability of getting something done rather than sitting and complaining and feeling sorry for yourselves.

Stop allowing people to treat you like sheit.... complain as high up the food chain as you can get... you'd be surprised what might happen.

Imagine car dealers who have millions of dollars willing to RIP you off by $50 and use back the same filter at service time but trinis will not bat an eye to pay $5000 extra if car dealers raise their prices.
Trinis dotish awah?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » April 15th, 2022, 8:27 pm

In a small twin-island nation such as ours, we may not have the flexibility as say our north american neighbors.

When companies require fleets and the state requires vehicles, those entities will buy regardless. Productivity and money must be made and vehicles help turn that wheel in many sectors/industries.

When private people lose their vehicles due to accident or theft or simply no longer economically feasible to repair, then what choice do they have? We don't have a proper public mass transportation alternative especially in this covid world and in a country with so much crime.

Private transport is still very necessary and even though we have the roro industry to fill the gap between used and new, that gap is slowly eroding and thus our dealerships are capitalizing on their brand monopolies by increasing their margins to meet and exceed operating costs.

The entire system is rigged. The banking system in this country also has a role to play. If they don't help the dealers sell cars then they don't get car loans to profit from. Hence we seeing 8 year loans as a norm now.

We regular private consumers can stop but what does that do? If a dealer can't sell 120 of a particular type of vehicle per year to get a certain revenue/profit from that then what you think they would do if all they can manage is 60 units per year?

Salaries still have to be paid and executive bonuses MUST continue. So those 60 units will have to double in price. We boycotting a dealership simply makes it worst. The price will still go up. It's like market forces don't exist here.

My advice is, if you must buy new, don't feel bad about that decision. Make sure and invest in a vehicle that will also invest back in you. Keep it for many years and let that ROI work for you so that you can truly invest in that which will bring forth generational wealth for you and your family.

SLVR1
Sweet on this forum

Postby SLVR1 » April 20th, 2022, 9:53 am

With this move to introduce EVs. Part of the policy should be as you introduce EV + Hybrids into the market, you must also phase out aging vehicles are no longer fuel efficient/road worthy/emit high emissions. Also, what is the true incentive to make one move to EV/Hybrids? It's not the pricing, the tax relief to the sellers or any benefit to the public. How about disposal of batteries when the time comes? I cannot see the govt or any new car dealers addressing this.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 20th, 2022, 11:38 am

Skanky wrote:
Trinis need to understand they have the power but waiting on the law and making internet videos and posts not going to do anything.
You have to complain... not to the local dealers but as high up the food chain as you can get internationally.
For instance I know a woman who bought a lipstick for a couple hundred dollars and had some problem that the local store wouldn't address. She emailed the store's international HQ and got her problem sorted next day.
I have personally complained internationally a few times and within hours my problems were sorted out when the local reps told me nothing could be done as they try to tell trinis all the time.

What do you think would happen if trinis started to flood these car dealers international headquarters with complaints about poor support, servicing, lack of features, high costs e.t.c e.t.c.? Can't guarantee anything would happen but you'd have higher probability of getting something done rather than sitting and complaining and feeling sorry for yourselves.

Stop allowing people to treat you like sheit.... complain as high up the food chain as you can get... you'd be surprised what might happen.

Imagine car dealers who have millions of dollars willing to RIP you off by $50 and use back the same filter at service time but trinis will not bat an eye to pay $5000 extra if car dealers raise their prices.
Trinis dotish awah?

X3000 and very well said.

And i have always said that Trinis and Trinis alone, meaning the people HAVE the power to make change.

It’s just the culture and mentality is the keep back.

Very few Trinis stand up for what they know is right, and they are usually the ones always ahead of the game.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » April 21st, 2022, 10:13 pm

In some Kia news, the all new 2022 Sportage has arrived. Get ready to flood the roads with more blown bulbs and faulty LEDs!

Meanwhile, the updated Cerato slipped in the showroom end of March. I must admit, it looks nice but is it really worth $231k? It would have been nice to see a sunroof included for that price!
IMG_5516.JPG
IMG_5515.JPG
IMG_5513.JPG

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » April 22nd, 2022, 12:28 am

agent007 wrote:In some Kia news, the all new 2022 Sportage has arrived. Get ready to flood the roads with more blown bulbs and faulty LEDs!

Meanwhile, the updated Cerato slipped in the showroom end of March. I must admit, it looks nice but is it really worth $231k? It would have been nice to see a sunroof included for that price!
IMG_5516.JPG
IMG_5515.JPG
IMG_5513.JPG
I don't like the new Sportage, at least the NA version, the euro spec one is nicer as it's shorter, from the reviews I've seen the NA version is even longer than the Tucson by an inch or two I think so it's just looks weird, long wheel base(NA) vs short wheel base (euro).

greggle71
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby greggle71 » April 22nd, 2022, 9:18 pm

ImageImageImageImage

I don’t like KIA’s wheel designs, some aftermarkets would do well with this black

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » April 22nd, 2022, 9:54 pm

The Sportage with its Predator face look. The Tucson with its vampire fang tail lights. The Elantra with its origami styling.

I might as well submit a design for a new Kia that looks like a chicken and they might approve it.
predator.jpg

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » April 22nd, 2022, 10:01 pm

Please do not insult the Predator.

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » April 23rd, 2022, 12:04 pm

greggle71 wrote:ImageImageImageImage

I don’t like KIA’s wheel designs, some aftermarkets would do well with this black
Wait, why does that look like the short wheel base version?

~Vēġó~
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby ~Vēġó~ » April 23rd, 2022, 8:31 pm

And no immediate plans for hybrid according to a sales rep.....very disapponting interior trim when compared with US and Euro spec models.....
IMG-20220423-WA0014.jpg

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » April 24th, 2022, 3:59 am

They probably waiting on impy to revise the concession stipulations so they can once again refocus on the Niro as their core hybrid offering.

~Vēġó~
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby ~Vēġó~ » April 24th, 2022, 11:03 am

agent007 wrote:They probably waiting on impy to revise the concession stipulations so they can once again refocus on the Niro as their core hybrid offering.
True...Though the new niro seems well equipped and quite attractive I wonder if such versions would be made available.....shame...I was so looking forward to the sportage gt line...not this offering....

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » April 24th, 2022, 11:53 am

Who knows, Massy might bring the Nissan Ariya? Let’s wait a little more and see what these dealers do decide to import. We wait more, we save more. We wait more, we get more options to decide.

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » April 24th, 2022, 9:13 pm

~Vēġó~ wrote:And no immediate plans for hybrid according to a sales rep.....very disapponting interior trim when compared with US and Euro spec models.....IMG-20220423-WA0014.jpg

This interior is hot gripe. Other markets get the dual 12 inch screens that are curved.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » April 24th, 2022, 10:59 pm

Southern Sales is a real failure with this one...

~Vēġó~ wrote:And no immediate plans for hybrid according to a sales rep.....very disapponting interior trim when compared with US and Euro spec models.....IMG-20220423-WA0014.jpg

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 25th, 2022, 12:28 pm

Saw a Cavalry Blue Tacoma a few nights ago.

Looks amazing.

Anyone has pics or knows the price?

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » April 25th, 2022, 2:50 pm

MaxPower wrote:Saw a Cavalry Blue Tacoma a few nights ago.

Looks amazing.

Whuuttt rhd ??? My buddy has one in Long island, payed like 25k usd for it

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » April 25th, 2022, 3:02 pm

Probably a LHD or a grey import that was converted to RHD cause TTTL ain't bringing in that beast which has a 3.5 V6 lifted from the fully loaded Camry.

Back to Kia news.

For the gee dem fyaz crew amongst us, I heard the new Sportage is coming 1.6T with dry DCT. A whole new generation of aggressive behavior awaits us.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » April 25th, 2022, 7:33 pm

That vehicle is in central quite a bit. I saw it several times and drove behind it one day.

It is a LHD model.

And yes, it looks sweet.
MaxPower wrote:Saw a Cavalry Blue Tacoma a few nights ago.

Looks amazing.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » April 26th, 2022, 4:50 am

Tacoma lol that's a joke. My mechanic does a Tundra with the 5.7 V8. That's a monster. Barely any space between the lift and the body.

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » April 26th, 2022, 8:33 am

[quote="Dave"]Tacoma lol that's a joke. My mechanic does a Tundra with the 5.7 V8. That's a monster. Barely any space between the lift and the body.

If you find the V8 is a beast what you go say for the new one with the 3.5 TT Hybrid setup. But if Im not mistaken a Grey Market dealership was advertising they would be bringing down those and pricing coming soon :lol: like them forget that vehicle is LHD unless it comes to Australia which it might considering Australia making some serious cases to sell those American trucks factory remanufactured to RHD and getting through.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » April 26th, 2022, 11:00 am

^^^ Will have to wait and see. The Tundra is and has always been LHD. A RHD model will be a conversion albeit not necessarily a Toyota conversion.

https://www.carsguide.com.au/toyota/tundra

Even so, afaik, grey market dealers do not import from Australia. So, will wait to see if a Tundra RHD really arrives on these shores.

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » April 27th, 2022, 1:21 pm

See the Creta "Grand" is on its way to our shores. Trinbago starting to feel like a dung heap for these vehicles. Curious to see who would purchase it because Im sure the price would be very close if not 300k and at that price best yuh buy the Tucson.

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » April 28th, 2022, 8:59 am

As stated by the Hyundai TT Sales FB page

An average to work with while you plan and budget is $390k, please note the price is not $390k..

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » April 28th, 2022, 11:31 am

Strugglerzinc wrote:As stated by the Hyundai TT Sales FB page

An average to work with while you plan and budget is $390k, please note the price is not $390k..

Excuse?! :shock:

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » April 28th, 2022, 4:02 pm

Shalom Vanamson wrote:See the Creta "Grand" is on its way to our shores. Trinbago starting to feel like a dung heap for these vehicles. Curious to see who would purchase it because Im sure the price would be very close if not 300k and at that price best yuh buy the Tucson.
What's the point of bringing that and charging 300 grand for it? It's just a lwb Creta might as well buy the Tucson lol

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » April 28th, 2022, 4:30 pm

Well true and even though those vehicles don't appeal to me, both would have its crowd. To me the 2.0 MPi Grand Creta paired with a torque converter 6AT (assuming this is how it would be equipped) is better to have than a rubbish direct injected turbo hyundai engine paired with another rubbish dry dct.

It's not like going Tucson is a top decision in relation to the Grand Creta anyway. It's still the very bottom of the barrel like the regular Creta, Venue, Sonet, Seltos & Sportage. All 6 in the same boat imo but from a theoretical longevity perspective, the Grand Creta 2.0 MPi with 6AT and torsion beam rear suspension would be easier on the pocket than those 1.6 GDi-T 7DCT HTRAC IRS Tucsons and Sportages.

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » April 28th, 2022, 7:24 pm

agent007 wrote:Well true and even though those vehicles don't appeal to me, both would have its crowd. To me the 2.0 MPi Grand Creta paired with a torque converter 6AT (assuming this is how it would be equipped) is better to have than a rubbish direct injected turbo hyundai engine paired with another rubbish dry dct.

It's not like going Tucson is a top decision in relation to the Grand Creta anyway. It's still the very bottom of the barrel like the regular Creta, Venue, Sonet, Seltos & Sportage. All 6 in the same boat imo but from a theoretical longevity perspective, the Grand Creta 2.0 MPi with 6AT and torsion beam rear suspension would be easier on the pocket than those 1.6 GDi-T 7DCT HTRAC IRS Tucsons and Sportages.

Majority of persons wouldnt consider those long term issues you raised there. They would see the Tucson as being the bigger and more feature packed vehicle for what 40-50k less? At the end of the day that Creta XL is just a Creta. Massy might use the 7 seat capacity and the gimmicky features like voice activated pan roof and fold out tables for the second row as key selling points and thats if they come with those features to our market.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”