TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby kamakazi » September 14th, 2021, 3:21 pm

At some point I feel the quality of chinese vehicles are going to be competitive with all other brands... When you think about it quite a bit of parts are already made in China

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » September 14th, 2021, 7:54 pm

agent007 wrote:It’s a cultural thing zando. It’s embedded in the DNA of 99% of dealership drivers.

“Hey look at me, I’m driving a brand spanking new vehicle on D plates. Let me ruff it up and show off. Ah reach!!!”

Clutch burnout with a dry clutch transmission on a vehicle with an expected resale value as a door mat and possibly as reliable as a wet card board box? Anyway, we might see more as chip shortages continue to plague non Chinese automobile manufacturers.
Well I see massy posted today saying the demand is very high and all the MG's sold out, so they taking orders for the next shipment, I have a feeling this may be another rover bomb waiting to explode, but I guess we will see.

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » September 14th, 2021, 8:03 pm

kamakazi wrote:At some point I feel the quality of chinese vehicles are going to be competitive with all other brands... When you think about it quite a bit of parts are already made in China
At that point the issue won't be quality, it'll be perceived quality or the perception of quality, they need to make their vehicles reliable and trustworthy from now so they can build a reputation.

The worst thing is to have a bad image now because that is something very very very hard to change, if at all in the future, the Chinese need to learn from the Japanese manufactures in this regard but I don't think they will due to their history with Japan, they went to German car companies to learn from, so maybe German driveability with Chinese quality and reliability, as far as I know even the Chinese themselves don't buy their own vehicles because they know they aren't good and people in China ( like the rest of the world) want to be seen as affluent and a home grown vehicle doesn't do that for them, they prefer American and German vehicles.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » September 17th, 2021, 3:53 pm

So on the MG news... the sales agent I was dealing with always calling me back let me know when the HS Essence model would be available to view. I decided to call another agent, she said that they never gor the Essence and would never be getting the Essence.

So the $254K introductory price for the MG HS is for the Excite version which is the mid spec. It loses the 3D 360 deg camera system, the powered seats, the Panoramic Sunroof and a couple other nik naks....

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » September 17th, 2021, 4:12 pm

"You know nothing John Snow"....

"You know nothing Massy Sales Rep"

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » September 18th, 2021, 10:37 pm

carluva wrote:"You know nothing John Snow"....

"You know nothing Massy Sales Rep"

They also seem to never know whats coming in their shipments. I don't know how the shipping logistics work, but I don't think its that difficult to know whats coming in your shipmets beforehand. Other than the colour they never have any further information until the shipment actually arrives.

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » September 19th, 2021, 2:18 pm

Same as any business, some workers are closer to the guys actually putting in the orders than others.

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 2WNBoost » September 21st, 2021, 11:10 am

How the chip shortage is affecting new car sales.
Hint: Less features

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » September 21st, 2021, 1:42 pm

ProtonPowder wrote:Same as any business, some workers are closer to the guys actually putting in the orders than others.

That information should be easily available to all salespersons.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » September 21st, 2021, 2:21 pm

zando wrote:
kamakazi wrote:At some point I feel the quality of chinese vehicles are going to be competitive with all other brands... When you think about it quite a bit of parts are already made in China
At that point the issue won't be quality, it'll be perceived quality or the perception of quality, they need to make their vehicles reliable and trustworthy from now so they can build a reputation.

The worst thing is to have a bad image now because that is something very very very hard to change, if at all in the future, the Chinese need to learn from the Japanese manufactures in this regard but I don't think they will due to their history with Japan, they went to German car companies to learn from, so maybe German driveability with Chinese quality and reliability, as far as I know even the Chinese themselves don't buy their own vehicles because they know they aren't good and people in China ( like the rest of the world) want to be seen as affluent and a home grown vehicle doesn't do that for them, they prefer American and German vehicles.

not too hard to turn around brand image...remember the Kia Pride?

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 21st, 2021, 2:41 pm

MG Man wrote:
zando wrote:

Sonny Mann remembers!!

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » September 21st, 2021, 3:00 pm

I took a drop with him when he was working it PH on Montrose main road.
Dizzy28 wrote:
MG Man wrote:
zando wrote:

Sonny Mann remembers!!

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » September 21st, 2021, 5:59 pm

triniboi49 wrote:
ProtonPowder wrote:Same as any business, some workers are closer to the guys actually putting in the orders than others.

Should be, but this is office politics, present everywhere from the lotto booth to the biggest multinational conglomerate head office.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » September 21st, 2021, 8:20 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:
MG Man wrote:
zando wrote:

Sonny Mann remembers!!
Lol this reference went well over many heads..

1 thing though, a Kia Pride was actually a Mazda/Ford product. Willing to bet the ratio between working Prides against those produced is still higher than all MG products of similar age.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » September 21st, 2021, 8:46 pm

Lol at Kia Pride.

Back in the day, a partnah got one as is first ride when he was 19. We used to call it the Kia Shame.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 22nd, 2021, 10:45 am

Dave wrote:I took a drop with him when he was working it PH on Montrose main road.
Dizzy28 wrote:
MG Man wrote:
zando wrote:

Sonny Mann remembers!!

What a difference 10-15 years makes. Didn't even know Sonny worked PH.
Now men like Jaimaster and KI is multimillionaires living in NYC and Toronto.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » September 22nd, 2021, 4:07 pm

triniboi49 wrote:

Coming from the same massy who telling me trade in my 2020 LE Np300 to the 2021 because of the redesigned engine loll

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » September 22nd, 2021, 10:07 pm

nick639v2 wrote:
triniboi49 wrote:

Coming from the same massy who telling me trade in my 2020 LE Np300 to the 2021 because of the redesigned engine loll

LOL.... reminds me of when a guy I know went to buy a RAV 4, he is a status king and the salesman at Toyota managed to convince him that his 2.0NA RAV 4 different from the ones three of his employees own because it "ha a timing chain" and the others have a timing belt. He spent hours, even calling meetings to discuss it, so as to distinguish himself from the plebs in the office.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » September 27th, 2021, 8:32 pm

Was out exercising and saw one of the MGs in the neighborhood. I assume it’s the smaller of the SUVs. I’ve never heard a new gasoline engine sound so noisy.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » September 28th, 2021, 3:54 am

So you saw the ZS? Those MG crossovers use GM sourced engines designed in conjunction with Opel. All feature DI technology so in comparison to your typical port injected motor, I would expect it to be noisier.

The bigger HS with the 1.5T carries a slightly de-tuned version of the engine found in a Chevy Equinox. So good news for those owners, at least they can possibly source engine parts from LSM in addition to Massy.

arsenal32
Street 2NR

Postby arsenal32 » September 30th, 2021, 11:03 am

any guys here can advise how they dealt with the harsher ride of run flats? considering changing but not even sure where to put a spare...

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » September 30th, 2021, 3:24 pm

You can inflate the tyres to lower pressures to ride softer, but that would trip your TPMS and eat your expensive tyres faster.

You can also do what some of newer cars do, change out to non run flat tyres and keep a can of fix a flat and an air compressor in the trunk.

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » September 30th, 2021, 3:40 pm

Regular tires and roadside assistance. Flats are very infrequent if you have TPMS and are diligent with keeping them inflated, inspected, rotated and changed at the first sign of wear.

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » September 30th, 2021, 5:12 pm

ProtonPowder wrote:You can inflate the tyres to lower pressures to ride softer, but that would trip your TPMS and eat your expensive tyres faster.

You can also do what some of newer cars do, change out to non run flat tyres and keep a can of fix a flat and an air compressor in the trunk.

This plus roadside assistance

Wolfgang123
Street 2NR

Postby Wolfgang123 » October 2nd, 2021, 9:57 am

Good day tuners, what are the prices for the BMW 3 series right now?

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » October 2nd, 2021, 10:11 pm

Wolfgang123 wrote:Good day tuners, what are the prices for the BMW 3 series right now?

320i Active $490,000.00
320i MSport $615,000.00
320i Sportline $540,000.00

March 2021 prices

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » October 3rd, 2021, 7:44 am

Why are these prices so high? Just a few years a ago the 3 series was around 400k - in 2017 I was quoted one without the maintenance package for 350k.

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » October 3rd, 2021, 7:49 am

I’m seeing a few MGs in the wild now. In my opinion they look nice for a Chinese brand but nothing to me really stood out. But If Massy hold their prices and give the vehicle good support they may have a solid car.

A172

Postby A172 » October 3rd, 2021, 5:54 pm

triniboi49 wrote:Why are these prices so high? Just a few years a ago the 3 series was around 400k - in 2017 I was quoted one without the maintenance package for 350k.
a G20 is a much bigger and way more modern car than those old model F30s, of course it would be more expensive as with any new model released

plus most of those F30s were 1500cc, G20 only available in 2000cc so obv more expensive

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » October 3rd, 2021, 9:13 pm

triniboi49 wrote:I’m seeing a few MGs in the wild now. In my opinion they look nice for a Chinese brand but nothing to me really stood out. But If Massy hold their prices and give the vehicle good support they may have a solid car.
Saw a black SUV today, it looked huge and quite classy. Ball is in Massy court as you said, they could hold a solid place in the market with this SUV if they don't play greedy

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”